Reconstructing the Deep Population History of Central and South America

There's no way the R1 in North America unmixed natives is from a modern European source. No population is exclusively R1b in Europe (or R1 for that matter). France is barely majority R1b, so you should see lots of (for example) J2 Ojibwe, but you don't.
What's your source for Ojibwe Y haplogroups?
Bolnick et al (2006), "Asymmetric male and female genetic histories among Native Americans from Eastern North America" - Chippewa (n=97) had 51% R1-M173, 15% Q-M242, 4% C-M130, 2% DE-YAP, and 28% other (i.e. not C, DE, or P1-M45). So of what's not Q and C 65% is R1 (presumably mostly R1b) and 35% other (presumably I, J, E, etc). That seems unremarkable coming from intermarriage with Northwest European men.

The great adventure of the Native Americans
Razib Khan

.... In 1492 Christopher Columbus made definitive and lasting contact between Europe and the New World....

... The story of the native peoples of the New World, called Native Americans in the United States of America, First Nations, Aboriginal or indigenous elsewhere, begins over 30,000 years ago at the “top of the world.” The Asian landmass adjacent to the Arctic...

...Modern Native Americans are overwhelmingly descendants of these ancient Beringians. Modern Native Americans are therefore ~40% Ancient North Eurasian, and 60% descended from a group of ancient East Asians...

... This fusion likely occurred by ~20,000 years ago. But the archaeology seems to indicate that the native people of the New World did not begin to spread across the landscape of North and South America until ~15,000 years ago. The reason is simple: ice sheets blocked migration south and west. But by ~15,000 years ago we see evidence of humans as far as south as Chile! The movement seems to have been rapid and immediate....

https://blog.insito.me/the-20-000-year-adventur-eof-the-29850081166a

The case of a Mesoamerican migration towards South America also is seen in the recent paper "Early human dispersals within the Americas":

This analysis indicates most present-day South American populations do not form a clade with Lagoa Santa, but instead derive from a mixture of Lagoa Santa and Mesoamerican-related ances-tries ... The ~5.1 ka Patagonian Ayayema genome is an exception; it forms a clade with the Lagoa Santa population. This sug-gests the arrival of the Mesoamerican-related ancestry oc-curred post-5.1 ka, and/or that it did not reach the remote region inhabited by the Ayayema individual’s ancestors. ... The diCal2 results are consistent for the Karitiana, Aymara, and Suruí showing their demographic histories involved a mixture between a Lagoa Santa-related and a Mixe-related source (13).

What is interesting with the Mesoamerican gene flow is that it could be linked with the first ceramincs in Peru and the cultivation of maize.

There's no way the R1 in North America unmixed natives is from a modern European source. No population is exclusively R1b in Europe (or R1 for that matter). France is barely majority R1b, so you should see lots of (for example) J2 Ojibwe, but you don't.

WHY DON'T WE KNOW THE PHYLOGENY! I legitimately believe something is fishy here, has anybody ever seen an unmixed Native American R1 Y DNA sample?

I would like to see some research showing precolumbian peoples with R-YDNA .

This thread has been viewed 10800 times.

Back