Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Are South Slavs more Balkan Native than Slavic?

Enfant Terrible Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 35.0%

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenab View Post
    You when you imply there are many different ethnicity in Vojvodina no most are Serbs even if they are Serbs because of resent Austro Hungarian take over therefore shift in genetics they still identify as being Serbs even the Croats related to them, still say they are Serbs.
    Absolutely not. You are totally lost. You mixed up everything.

There isn't such a thing as Hungarians in Serbia
    Of course there is! There are loads of Hungarians in Vojvodina (now part of in Serbia):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vojvod...thnic-2011.GIF

... but Serbs with similar dna aka ''North Serbs'' those North Serbs converted to being Catholic then moved to ancient Dalmatia aka what is now known as Croatia that is why you plot more North than general Serbs and that is why you plot next to Hungarians rather than general Serbs. Which is what I have said, time and time and time again.
    That's hilarious!

There are no “North Serbs”, just Serbs who live in Vojvodina and they descend from the Orthodox Christian migrants from Serbia proper during the Ottoman rule and after (They came with their Partriarch).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_...s_of_the_Serbs

These Serbs obviously couldn’t have moved to “ancient Dalmatia” in order to become Croats.
    Neopisivo

Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 76.0%

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    That would be easy to believe if you had a singular plot on ged which you don't and if Serbians plotted with Albanians which they don't

Albanians plotting with Serbs would kind of indicate that Serbs were there before Albanians not vice versa. Albanian genetics is very universal it's not an attack either Albanians don't just cluster with Serbs Croatians do Albanians plot with Serbs Italians Greeks general Slavs fill in the gap here.

How can you say all Albanians are native to Kosovo yet, not all of the Albanian live in Kosovo but also Greece and South Italy while at the same time being all Illyrian a type of Roman tribe which doesn't even exist anymore as a entity but rather baseless generic genetics?
    The toponymy in Southern Serbia and parts of Macedonia definitely looks very Albanian.

Ned Stark the Boromir Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Gheg Albanian

That would be easy to believe if you had a singular plot on ged which you don't and if Serbians plotted with Albanians which they don't

Albanians plotting with Serbs would kind of indicate that Serbs were there before Albanians not vice versa. Albanian genetics is very universal it's not an attack either Albanians don't just cluster with Serbs Croatians do Albanians plot with Serbs Italians Greeks general Slavs fill in the gap here.

How can you say all Albanians are native to Kosovo yet, not all of the Albanian live in Kosovo but also Greece and South Italy while at the same time being all Illyrian a type of Roman tribe which doesn't even exist anymore as a entity but rather baseless generic genetics?
    Many Serbs from Bosnia & Croatia came to Kosovo after the Yugoslav war, these people are not the same as the Albanian-admixed Serbs of Southern Serbia.

Nish was all Albanian-populated prior to the Serbian chauvinistic expansion a century ago.

Map by Romanian author, showing Albanian progenitors stretch from the Dinaric Alps to the Pannonian basin and Macedonia.

3rd-7th century map:

1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-PH908*, DYS561=15
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2a1b1a

Ethnic group
    Romanian

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by HiveMindTerror View Post
    I'm genuinely curious if this has been "decided" anywhere by credible researchers.

South Slavs have a different stock of haplogroups than Northern Slavs, and cluster together rather than with other European groups. Clearly we're our own family-branch.

Coincidentally the people with the highest portion of M423 also dwell in what the Romans and Greeks labelled Illyria. Although most people think the Illyrians simply vanished after their Latinization, some kept their ethnic identity for a long time (such as the Barracks Emperors, Belisarius, etc.). I know the Balkans were generally a war-zone for the late Roman Empire and barbarian tribes, but did the Illyrians really just vanish (again)? I mean, Albanians claim to be of that stock but have more in common with Greeks genetically than South Slavs, and Albania was generally a kind of borderline between Illyria proper and Greece (Epirus).

Historically it was said that many Roman cities on the Croatian coast remained free and independent of the "migrant Slavs" and Latin Dalmatian was spoken well into the 1800's (from what I recall). Haplogroup I2 spikes in Dalmatia and Bosnia, one packed with seemingly peaceful Illyrian towns, the other a mountainous escape for natives from invading foreigners.

I mean, from the mosaics of Roman-Illyrian Emperors and Generals in Byzantium, I can definitely see more of a resemblance to many Southern Slavs than I can when comparing typical Bosnians to typical Russians. At the same time there is definitely a Slavic (or whatever northern European tribe) mix in Balkanians for sure, but mainly were we simply Slavicized after the collapse of the Western and Eastern Roman Empires?

Croatians were historically referred to as Illyrians, Serbs were synonymous with Tribalians (Thracian tribe), and Bosnia is named after the Bosona river (an Illyrian word if I recall correctly). I mean people of haplogroup I are noted for being particularly tall, the Greeks and Romans both described Illyrians as particularly tall people.

Can they ever dig up Illyrian bones and sequence their haplogroups?

According to my Global 25 calculator, Balkans K4, it's something like this:

Population Thracian + Greek Slavic
    Greek 92% 6%
    Albanian 87% 13%
    Bulgarian 70% 30%
    Macedonian 65% 35%
    Romanian 65% 35%
    Serbian 60% 40%
    Montenegrin 60% 40%
    Moldovan 50% 50%
    Bosnian 45% 55%
    Croatian 35% 65%
    Slovenian 30% 70%

250 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherland View Post
    Many Serbs from Bosnia & Croatia came to Kosovo after the Yugoslav war, these people are not the same as the Albanian-admixed Serbs of Southern Serbia.

Nish was all Albanian-populated prior to the Serbian chauvinistic expansion a century ago.

Map by Romanian author, showing Albanian progenitors stretch from the Dinaric Alps to the Pannonian basin and Macedonia.

3rd-7th century map:

Albanian admixture Serbs LOL!!!!!

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Gheg Albanian

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Albanian admixture Serbs LOL!!!!!
    A "female" with yDNA. You're one phony character.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Quote Originally Posted by markod View Post
    The toponymy in Southern Serbia and parts of Macedonia definitely looks very Albanian.
    All South Serbs and Montenegrin identify as being Serbs same as the North Serbs who call themselves North Serbs not Hungarians

So now we can establish Serbian genetics isn't written in stone either. South Serbs are more Pontid and Alpine Med North Serbs are more genetically Dinaric South Serbs are genetically more Mediterranean let's say that being Albanian isn't some calling card for being some kind of a well...You know what

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

A "female" with yDNA. You're one phony character.
    Why attack me personally I have a Father I am not a .......

A man with MTdna same as mine haplogroup H who is such a Balkan patriot with a North French Norman wife.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Gheg Albanian

Why attack me personally I have a Father I am not a .......

A man with MTdna same as mine haplogroup H who is such a Balkan patriot with a North French Norman wife.
    yDNA cannot be passed down to females. That's what I'm implying.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Quote Originally Posted by Wonomyro View Post
    Absolutely not. You are totally lost. You mixed up everything.

Of course there is! There are loads of Hungarians in Vojvodina (now part of in Serbia):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vojvod...thnic-2011.GIF

That's hilarious!

There are no “North Serbs”, just Serbs who live in Vojvodina and they descend from the Orthodox Christian migrants from Serbia proper during the Ottoman rule and after (They came with their Partriarch).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_...s_of_the_Serbs

These Serbs obviously couldn’t have moved to “ancient Dalmatia” in order to become Croats.
    No they became Catholic

Ok Serbs who populate North Serbia which is basically North Serbs including the phenotype

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

yDNA cannot be passed down to females. That's what I'm implying.
    I spoke of haplogroup your female haplogroup is the same as mine

Your male haplogroup is the same as South Europeans

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Gheg Albanian

I spoke of haplogroup your female haplogroup is the same as mine

Your male haplogroup is the same as South Europeans
    My yDNA radiates from Albania. Same goes for EV13 and R1b-L23.

It's not saying much, but atleast it's not a transplant like you claim, these haplogroups are not common in South Slavs.

EV13 among Serbs is chiefly of Albanian extraction. Clade testing has already shown it.

3 months registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 76.0%

All South Serbs and Montenegrin Identify as being Serbs same as the North Serbs who call themselves North Serbs not Hungarians

So now we can establish Serbian genetics isn't written in stone either. South Serbs are more Pontid and Alpine Med North Serbs are more genetically Dinaric South Serbs are genetically more Mediterranean let's say that being Albanian isn't some calling card for being some kind of a well...You know what
    Yes, as we have established all South Slavs are Slavs with significant but varying proportions of female-biased Balkanic admixture. The Serbo-Croatians considered tribal affiliation to be inherited along the male line. A son of a native woman and a Slavic man would have been just as Slavic as a 'pure' Slav.

In Croatia we also find traces of ethnoses which became extinct with this expansion. For instance, much of the toponymy in North-Western Croatia looks Western Slavic, and the Kajkavian regional dialect seems to have a strong West Slavic substratum.

1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 44.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

4 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
    All South Serbs and Montenegrin Identify as being Serbs same as the North Serbs who call themselves North Serbs not Hungarians

You are misinformed. There is a hungarian minority in the north who very much has their own ethnic identity as Hungarians. Just 3 days ago was the 100 year anniversary of the annexation of Vojvodina by Serbia, and there were some manifestations. For example in Novi Sad some people even changed the street signs and one of them was "REPUBLIC OF VOJVODINA". This is obviously a very clear message.

LINK: http://rs.n1info.com/Vesti/a438807/T...ovom-sadu.html

When I see Croats having to deal with the same type of constant misinformation coming from Serbia I understand fully solidarity behind the 2000+ Albanian soldiers that volunteered to fight against Serbia in the last Croatian war.
    "As we have already stressed, the mass evacuation of the Albanians from their triangle is the only effective course we can take. In order to relocate a whole people, the first prerequisite is the creation of a suitable psychosis. This can be done in various ways." - Vaso Cubrilovic

Level

No they became Catholic
    Serbs from Vojvodina never moved to anywhere and never “become Catholic”.

Ok Serbs who populate North Serbia which is basically North Serbs including the phenotype
    They came to Vojvodina in 17-18th century, mostly from Sanjak area, which is now a Southern part of Serbia.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

My yDNA radiates from Albania. Same goes for EV13 and R1b-L23.

It's not saying much, but atleast it's not a transplant like you claim, these haplogroups are not common in South Slavs.

EV13 among Serbs is chiefly of Albanian extraction. Clade testing has already shown it.
    J2 is genetically Balkan E3b is but not seen much in Balkan Slavs but those in Balkans who are pre historic Mediterraneans E3b is Neolithic Eastern Mediterranean the first Whites/Indo Europeans came from Pontus Anatolia Hittie Cypriots these are E3b Eastern Mediterranean are the oldest therefore the most Near Eastern E3b is more Neolithic than J2 I am sure of it since it's much more wide spread than J2.

I2 which most Dinarics are including North Albanians North Serbs Croats etc are Megalithic this is the time period after Neolithic their regions are generally colder and more mountainous there fore you have to think of that in a racial sense

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Quote Originally Posted by Wonomyro View Post
    Serbs from Vojvodina never moved to anywhere and never “become Catholic”.

They came to Vojvodina in 17-18th century, mostly from Sanjak area, which is now a Southern part of Serbia.

Vojvodina, officially the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, is an autonomous province of Serbia, located in the northern part of the country, in the Pannonian Plain. Novi Sad is the largest city and administrative center of Vojvodina and the second-largest city in Serbia.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Gheg Albanian

J2 is genetically Balkan E3b is but not seen much in Balkan Slavs but those in Balkans who are pre historic Mediterraneans E3b is Neolithic Eastern Mediterranean the first Whites/Indo Europeans came from Pontus Anatolia Hittie Cypriots these are E3b Eastern Mediterranean are the oldest therefore the most Near Eastern E3b is more Neolithic than J2 I am sure of it since it's much more wide spread than J2.

I2 which most Dinarics are including North Albanians North Serbs Croats etc are Megalithic this is the time period after Neolithic their regions are generally colder and more mountainous there fore you have to think of that in a racial sense
    I2 in South Slavs is by majority I2a1b-CTS10228, it came to the Balkans with the Slavic invasions 6th century AD and onwards. This is established by people with 2 digit IQs and more.

North Albanians have as little as 2% I2a1b-CTS10228, if not less.

R1b-L23 which Albanians fall into is Yamnaya IE.

J2b2 is not Mediterranean. Its Ancient samples were heavily Steppe-admixed, most likely an integrated haplogroup of Yamnaya Indo-Europeans.

EV13 is Natufian in origin and later spread from the Balkans to south and north along with Indo-Europeans.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

According to a Croat I spoken to Serbians who converted to being Catholic and then as if by magic called themselves Croat and moved to Dalmatia aka now modern day Croatia do indeed come from Vojvodina and they identify with being Serbs not Hungarians.

He was a Croatian man with Serbian ancestors from Vojvodina one person, one. Can you not handle that or something?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

I2 in general is Megalithic Google that anywhere

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Quote Originally Posted by Johane Derite View Post
    You are misinformed. There is a hungarian minority in the north who very much has their own ethnic identity as Hungarians. Just 3 days ago was the 100 year anniversary of the annexation of Vojvodina by Serbia, and there were some manifestations. For example in Novi Sad some people even changed the street signs and one of them was "REPUBLIC OF VOJVODINA". This is obviously a very clear message.

LINK: http://rs.n1info.com/Vesti/a438807/T...ovom-sadu.html

When I see Croats having to deal with the same type of constant misinformation coming from Serbia I understand fully solidarity behind the 2000+ Albanian soldiers that volunteered to fight against Serbia in the last Croatian war.
    No people from Vojvodina identify with being Serbian I speak to them myself.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Gheg Albanian

I2 in general is Megalithic Google that anywhere
    Megalithic people in the Balkans died out. Replaced and dilluted by invaders.

If anything, Albanians and Greeks mixed with the original I2 carriers' mtDNA. That's the only little Megalithic Balkan admix that remains, through megalithic women.

I2a1b-CTS10228 that South Slavs carry, came from the north in the early middle ages, deal with it.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Megalithic people in the Balkans died out. Replaced and dilluted by invaders.

If anything, Albanians and Greeks mixed with the original I2 carriers' mtDNA.

I2a1b-CTS10228 that South Slavs carry, came from the north in the early middle ages, deal with it.
    http://www.messagetoeagle.com/enigma...stern-balkans/

Study from 2016

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2b2-L283
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Gheg Albanian

It's not a study, more of a blog. All dating to medieval Bogomils:

Stecci’ probably appeared in the second half of the 12th century, with the first phase lasting throughout the 13th century. A period of the most intensive production and decoration were the 14th and 15th centuries. In the 16th century their use completely ceased.

Debunked.

Bet you believe the Bosnian Indiana Jones too, and the "Pyramids". I see some Pyramid in that site banner, LMAO:

Level

Quote Originally Posted by markod View Post
    Yes, as we have established all South Slavs are Slavs with significant but varying proportions of female-biased Balkanic admixture. The Serbo-Croatians considered tribal affiliation to be inherited along the male line. A son of a native woman and a Slavic man would have been just as Slavic as a 'pure' Slav.

In Croatia we also find traces of ethnoses which became extinct with this expansion. For instance, much of the toponymy in North-Western Croatia looks Western Slavic, and the Kajkavian regional dialect seems to have a strong West Slavic substratum.
    These are probably Slavic archaisms, not West Slavic substratum. The main split goes between Slovenian/Croatian and Bulgarian/Macedonian. Serbian dialects are in the middle of the split as the eastern Srbian dialects are transitional to Bulgarian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Slavic_languages

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast