I need help for My heritage dna results from Tuscany

FraAndre98

Reaction score
Hi guys! On February I did a dna test result (my heritage). This is what I got: 69.5% Italian
20.5 Iberian
6.5% Balkan
2.2% Ashkenazy jew
1.7% North African
While i’m pretty sure where my Iberian/North African part come from (I think the results are correlated), I wish to know where my BALKAN part come from. Today I read that Italians from the south (Through Tuscany is in the center, I have got ancestry from Marche-Abruzzo region and this test in my opinion show results in common with the south of Italy), that have Balkan result gene is basically from Greece, could be true? Or I could be a Croatian or an Albanian since there are a lot of Albanians and Croatians In the south as well.... I would be glad if you will help me!
Thanks to everyone!

Hi FraAndre98, are you from Tuscany with some ancestry from Marche-Abruzzo? By chance are you from some area of ​​south Tuscany on the border with Umbria and Marche?

Generally speaking MyHeritage is not considered an accurate test. On MyHeritage South Italians have usually Greek, lower Italian than you and rarely Iberian, I wouldn't say that those results are in common with south Italy, those results are more in line with central Italy. 2.2% Ashkenazy jew and 1.7% North African are very low, and being that none of these tests is really 100% accurate should not be taken literally and in any case don't imply recent ancestry.

No Italian is ever 100% Italian in a test. So having Iberian, Balkan, and also the rest, does not mean having ancestors from those ethnic groups (and Balkan is not ethnic group), but it can be shared ancestry that comes from a very remote past.

Yes! I am actually from a city from the south of Tuscany near the border with Umbria (my city is called Arezzo and it share boundaries with Umbria). However, the Iberian result i may know where it comes from. I have got a grandad that was orphan so maybe is from his part (I think Iberian and North African is a correlated result if i’m Not wrong, through It’s Very low).

Yes! I am actually from a city in the south of Tuscany near the border with Umbria (my city is called Arezzo and it share boundaries with Umbria). However, the Iberian result i may know where it comes from. I have got a grandad that was orphan so maybe is from his part (I think Iberian and North African is a correlated result if i’m Not wrong, through It’s Very low).[/QUOTE]

Hi guys! On February I did a dna test result (my heritage). This is what I got: 69.5% Italian
20.5 Iberian
6.5% Balkan
2.2% Ashkenazy jew
1.7% North African
While i’m pretty sure where my Iberian/North African part come from (I think the results are correlated), I wish to know where my BALKAN part come from. Today I read that Italians from the south (Through Tuscany is in the center, I have got ancestry from Marche-Abruzzo region and this test in my opinion show results in common with the south of Italy), that have Balkan result gene is basically from Greece, could be true? Or I could be a Croatian or an Albanian since there are a lot of Albanians and Croatians In the south as well.... I would be glad if you will help me!
Thanks to everyone!
It seems that all the inhabitants of Europe descend from the people who once passed through the Balkans. From the beginning of entering Europe, or afterwards, interbreding.

20.5 Iberian
6.5% Balkan
2.2% Ashkenazy jew
1.7% North African
Thanks to everyone!

“From That Side of the Sea” – Croatian Trans-Adriatic Migrations (From the Fifteenth to the Eighteenth Century)

During the period of Ottoman incursion and conquests, particularly from the second half of the fifteenth to the end of the sixteenth century, there were mass migrations from the Croatian national and ethnic area towards the western Adriatic coast. The Italian provinces of Friuli, Veneto, Molise, March of Ancona and Puglia, in whose urban settlements there were significant Croatian ethnic communities over the centuries,

https://hrcak.srce.hr/index.php?show=clanak&id_clanak_jezik=12116

Part of the scientific article but in the Croatian language.

The first part of the paper gives a short account of the importance Italian archives have for the research of the history of the East Adriatic coast, especially the town of Modruš and the surrounding area. The paper also gives attention to the research related significance of archival fonds in Italian state archives (from Veneto to Abruzzo and Apulia)

The Venetians and the Veneto were not the only (Italian) emigration routes from the Modrus area. These were, also to a notable (but under-researched extent) cities and towns in central Italy (Marche, Abruzzi, Apulia).

https://hrcak.srce.hr/index.php?show=clanak&id_clanak_jezik=118511

In this scientific article writes about migration of peoples from Modruš area to Italy.

Modruš
https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...xa00ad52d0afd8b0!8m2!3d45.1301637!4d15.240835

This thread has been viewed 5525 times.

Back