Remains of Anglo-Saxon cemetery discovered

Hello Lenab
I sent a pm regarding your dna information but it was too late you already sent it, not sure if you got mine, Sorry but I do not want to send my data, as it is all numbers, and Im still trying to figure it out.

Regarding my Y Haplogroup its a strange one, and there's not much known about it, H is basically an Indian marker Y Haplogroup, but mine contains the positive SNP P-96, along side M9313, which has been confirmed by another lad to represent haplogroup Y,H2a1 which separates it from the H1 & H3 groups that are Indian related. There is another European H a Romany Y H1a,( Y H1a Romany left india around 1500 yrs ago) which has no connection to my Y H2a1, despite it being the only other Y H in Europe.

Its assumed that H2 P-96 is a very old European Haplogroup, possibly predating the farmer arrival. I can only await further developments both ancient and modern in the hope of figuring this out.

I was going to say H in a male line is usually Indian well if it's European H it could have come from North India although that's extremely rare as the Indo Europeans came from the Steppes and Western Anatolia

However later some of these Indo Europeans did inhabit North India and also Alexander the Great's army went there. There are even some pockets in Afghanistan, and Nuristan with pre historic non Indid/Dravid Indo European haplogroups.

Unless you tell me your autosomal or any other of your haplogroups linking to your main one without giving personal information I can't do much to help you apart from speculate. Sorry.

I could send my raw data and get deeper tests done but not sure if they would help.

I and others are just waiting for more research to get published, as our Haplogroups have only came to light over the past couple of years if that. It was believed to of been extinct in Modern Europe, untill the results such as mine popped up.

Y H2 had previously been changed from F*, then F3, to H2, and a few people expect it to be re-assigned yet again, so hopefully there might be some more news to come. Regarding today theres not many Y H2 found in Europe , but strangly the largest grouping today found in Europe is in Sweden, but it has not been found anciently there.

I could send my raw data and get deeper tests done but not sure if they would help.

I and others are just waiting for more research to get published, as our Haplogroups have only came to light over the past couple of years if that. It was believed to of been extinct in Modern Europe, untill the results such as mine popped up.

Y H2 had previously been changed from F*, then F3, to H2, and a few people expect it to be re-assigned yet again, so hopefully there might be some more news to come. Regarding today theres not many Y H2 found in Europe , but strangly the largest grouping today found in Europe is in Sweden, but it has not been found anciently there.
Please try Gene Plaza or Ged Match at some point. They will translate your autosomal dna into different regions

Thanks but I think we are moving this off topic, a bit too much. Ill send you a pm.

This thread has been viewed 10808 times.

Back