Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revised reconstruction of Bronze Age Scottish woman based on analyzed snps

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Alcuin;562589]This has always confused me. I know that on other anthropology and genetics forums, people seem to believe that Britons are all crypto-Jews. I'm also tickled by those who think the Anglo-Saxons who migrated to Britain were all blond Swedish-types, without so much as a single brown-haired chap amongst them.
    Anyone who believes either of those things has never set foot in either country, and is an idiot. Why read the drivel they write? You may as well subscribe to a periodical about alien abductions.

The combination of dark brown or black hair, olive skin and brown eyes is very much uncommon here, though brown-eyed blondes and certainly blue-eyed brunettes are more plentiful. The original reconstruction looked typically-British, whereas the new one is more striking. You don't see so many of those around England or Scotland. It's not the skull shape, facial features or colouration, but the combination thereof. I suppose Catherine Zeta-Jones is comparable, or this actress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzHFovnoHNQ
    If you remove the olive skin, then I disagree. Dark brown haired and brown eyed and light skinned people are not the norm, but neither are they all that rare. Look at post number 39, and that was just actors and actresses. I could do longer posts from sport, media, law, business etc.

The original reconstruction looked like a girl from the Baltics.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Anyone who believes either of those things has never set foot in either country, and is an idiot. Why read the drivel they write? You may as well subscribe to a periodical about alien abductions.

If you remove the olive skin, then I disagree. Dark brown haired and brown eyed and light skinned people are not the norm, but neither are they all that rare. Look at post number 39, and that was just actors and actresses. I could do longer posts from sport, media, law, business etc.

The original reconstruction looked like a girl from the Baltics.
    Not an actress but a singer: Andrea Corrs of the Irish singing group. As I said, from what I can see it shows up more in Ireland, Scotland and Wales than in England per se, areas where there would be more "Beaker" ancestry, and less from subsequent invasions.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Angela if the reconstruction looked like those photos you're publishing then fine, but it doesn't. Take it from someone who's lived in Britain all his life - NOBODY would think that reconstruction was native. Most people would just naïvely guess Spanish or Italian, but can't you see her pigmentation is way too dark, I mean it is about the same as Xavi who is dark-ish even by Spanish standards...

250 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

Quote Originally Posted by ToBeOrNotToBe View Post
    Angela if the reconstruction looked like those photos you're publishing then fine, but it doesn't. Take it from someone who's lived in Britain all his life - NOBODY would think that reconstruction was native. Most people would just naïvely guess Spanish or Italian, but can't you see her pigmentation is way too dark, I mean it is about the same as Xavi who is dark-ish even by Spanish standards...
    She isn't too dark by Neolithic standards by a long shot.

Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Ethnic group
    España

Attachment 10605

As I said I had strabismus in the right eye. In this new edition with skin I think I could have pigmentary incotinence.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lenab View Post
    She isn't too dark by Neolithic standards by a long shot.
    She’s a Steppe Bell Beaker, she isn’t part of the preceding Neolithic population ffs. I swear, how is this not so obvious to people, this is a stupidity even smart people are not immune to (and I’m definitely not calling you smart, though people like Angela clearly are at the very least somewhat).

And to the person saying that she’s dark because she has pigmentary incontinence, surely, just surely, you aren’t that stupid to think something as elaborate as that.

Level

Ethnic group
    España

^ `` `

Sí, gracias, muy amable de clasificarme como una persona que me siento halagada. No es lo que pienso, es un resultado que obtuve con mi técnica que no puedo explicar porque es inexplicable. Así que mantengo mis criterios, esa mujer estaba enferma, tenía estrabismo en el ojo derecho y es muy posible que tuviera la enfermedad de incontinencia pigmentaria con los problemas que surgen. Y me atrevo a ir más allá en el sentido de que estos problemas serían la causa de su entierro único, ya que es muy probable que haya tenido hijos que hubieran muerto sobreviviendo a sus hijas, de modo que para su familia hubiera certificado un hecho tangible. muestra de la relevancia de la mujer en relación con la feminidad de Dios, una prueba viviente de que su Dios era una mujer, por lo tanto, la enterraron como lo hicieron. Si tiene una propuesta mejor, expóngala.
    Last edited by Carlos; 03-01-19 at 04:05.

Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 12.0%

And a little Asian?

Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Attachment 10605

As I said I had strabismus in the right eye. In this new edition with skin I think I could have pigmentary incotinence.
    Perfect reconstruction of an Wooden Elf.

Level

Ethnic group
    España

[QUOTE = halfalp; 562676] Reconstrucción perfecta de un Elfo de madera. [/ QUOTE]

Merci beaucoup
    Last edited by Carlos; 03-01-19 at 02:18.

1 year registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by markod View Post
    What about Wales or Ireland? Those places probably received the least post Bronze Age admixture. Anecdotally, I'd met an Irish woman in Italy who had very similar eye and hair pigmentation, and she didn't have the typically North-West European skin either, so she would tan to a quite brownish tone
    I have family members with brown hair and eyes, who tan an olive colour that I associate more with Mediterranean natives. But this is uncommon, even in Wales and Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by markod View Post
    As regards comparisons with modern populations, one thing that has to be kept in mind with these reconstructions is that in the metal ages and beyond people tended to have more pronounced jaws, and a somewhat heavier facial bone structure in general. There are other features like the slight suppression on top of the skull, the extremely low height of the cranium etc. that have more or less disappeared from European populations
    I agree with this, but I maintain that the original reconstruction would not stand out in a street in Britain. The updated one would because it has an incredibly unusual combination of skull/facial shape and colouration. The colouration can be found in modern Britons, as can the facial features, but not in combination. I can't think of anywhere in Europe where I would expect to see somebody who looked like that

Anyone who believes either of those things has never set foot in either country, and is an idiot. Why read the drivel they write? You may as well subscribe to a periodical about alien abductions
    I find it rather amusing to be honest, though sometimes it's not so much malicious as it is a sign of people's lack of interest in educating themselves. It's population genetics' equivalent of the folk who say 'Queen Elizabeth II is German', without any appreciation of the history of European monarchy or the nuances of the relationships, marriages and sexual partners thereof. Often innocent, but perpetuating a distorted version of reality. A periodical about alien abductions sounds pretty cool, I'd definitely buy that (not sure what the lovely lady at my local shop would say about my ever-growing collection of Probe Monthly​ though)

If you remove the olive skin, then I disagree. Dark brown haired and brown eyed and light skinned people are not the norm, but neither are they all that rare. Look at post number 39, and that was just actors and actresses. I could do longer posts from sport, media, law, business etc
    Brown eyes and hair with fair skin are reasonably common, yes. Most people have medium/chestnut brown or blond hair and green, hazel, grey or blue eyes. Many people (myself included) have dark brown hair. The brown hair and eyes combination does seem less common here than in other European nations, though not to the extent I would call it rare. Black hair is virtually nonexistent, though it crops up of course. Olive skin is rare too, most people are pretty fair and those who aren't exceptionally-pale have skin tones more in line with Germans or Scandinavians, and tan similarly too.

The original reconstruction looked like a girl from the Baltics
    She'd pass as a modern Brit too. In fact she'd probably fit in perfectly anywhere in Northern and Northwestern Europe

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by gidai View Post

And a little Asian?
    It's all such a joke, it really is. I won't give moderators the moral freedom to ban me by being overly insulting, but my god people are either stupid or cannot see straight. Thanks for that post by the way, but did you know some random actress from Wales has dark-ish skin and narrow-ish eyes - BTFO White supremacists!!!

That. Was. Not. What. Ava. Looked. Like.

Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 12.0%

For women, it is a known physiognomy in Romania.
    Is mtDNA known?
    Ava

Daniela Nemoianu
    Attached Images Attached Images

Level

Ethnic group
    España

They were broadcasting a movie yesterday, hunting the killer, and an actress was coming out and I said that, not exactly because there was something more oriental. One Vanessa Hudggens, I have now read on wikipedia that she is from a Filipino mother. Apart from that factor, I think she was more like Ava than the reconstruction they have done, which looks like a good girl.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Is there a commercial test to do, to see if we have ourselves, genes for fair features as being European?

Level

Ethnic group
    España

There are many variants, tens or hundreds or thousands of possibilities to be European, so nobody has a monopoly in Europe to say what the model would be because there are many models.

Normally it is those who carry something of Indo-European who want to keep the monopoly of what it is to be European, but why a Indo-European has to be more European than Afro-European and more so when both can have one another in a way other. In short, we are a little tired that the European centers want the monopoly of the Celtic world and of what it is to be European that those from northern Europe also want a monopoly of what it is to be European, no, from the West we say: No!

Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by halfalp View Post
    Is there a commercial test to do, to see if we have ourselves, genes for fair features as being European?
    No offense but how can an SNP by itself possibly tell you whether it's from a European or middle eastern if it's found in both groups?
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    No offense but how can an SNP by itself possibly tell you whether it's from a European or middle eastern if it's found in both groups?
    Because my point was to see if an European could not have it, not if he could have it.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    There are many variants, tens or hundreds or thousands of possibilities to be European, so nobody has a monopoly in Europe to say what the model would be because there are many models.

Normally it is those who carry something of Indo-European who want to keep the monopoly of what it is to be European, but why a Indo-European has to be more European than Afro-European and more so when both can have one another in a way other. In short, we are a little tired that the European centers want the monopoly of the Celtic world and of what it is to be European that those from northern Europe also want a monopoly of what it is to be European, no, from the West we say: No!
    Who is who to say what and why this minority of who have the monopoly?

Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Quote Originally Posted by halfalp View Post
    If she's not, why would i have the intuition she is before even knows her origin?
    Because you know not too much about the most typical BB types, = 'dinaric'; the not typical ones can be labelled what you want, as every not typical something...
    This woman's skull is very curious, maybe deformed, maybe only the result of a rare traits redistribution of admixed pops: it remains NOT TYPICAL OF BB BASIS; it's not TO SAY she CANNOT be of a BB pop...
    You can rely on your impressions if you want, no problem for me. I'm used to, now I have been on fora.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

She’s a Steppe Bell Beaker, she isn’t part of the preceding Neolithic population ffs. I swear, how is this not so obvious to people, this is a stupidity even smart people are not immune to (and I’m definitely not calling you smart, though people like Angela clearly are at the very least somewhat).

And to the person saying that she’s dark because she has pigmentary incontinence, surely, just surely, you aren’t that stupid to think something as elaborate as that.
    I am answering what you think she is and saying she's too dark bell beaker or Neolithic she isn't too dark. I am ethnically half English I have lived here my whole life and I am telling you that some modern Brits without any admixture can be that dark. I don't know who you think you are or where you live but you can't speak for English people. I could name many modern Brits who could have her hair and eye colour.

Bell beakers were a lot in Iberia, she is probably some Celt reminiscent of that farmers were everywhere from Latvia to Anatolia.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

It's all such a joke, it really is. I won't give moderators the moral freedom to ban me by being overly insulting, but my god people are either stupid or cannot see straight. Thanks for that post by the way, but did you know some random actress from Wales has dark-ish skin and narrow-ish eyes - BTFO White supremacists!!!

My Father had hair that dark and he's English of German descent. Clearly they don't know what they're talking about.

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lenab View Post
    My Father had hair that dark and he's English of German descent. Clearly they don't know what they're talking about.
    Out of interest, where is your mother from?

Junior Member Achievements:

Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
    Agreed. My heart is breaking to see that one of our white ancestors are used as a tool to genocide our people. Ava, if you hear me in Valhalla, I know weren't a dirty wog! The ancestors celts where purebred steppe aryans a.k.a. white-skinned, blue-eyed blondes. Everything else is cultural marxist propaganda, I swear.

I mean search up the British Bell Beaker pigmentation results by Genetiker on his blog, can you find a single dark-haired, brown-eyed individual? Haha, I didn't think so.

I won't accept the wog-washing of our fair race. I won't! I won't! I won't!

Level

Quote Originally Posted by homunculus View Post
    Agreed. My heart is breaking to see that one of our white ancestors are used as a tool to genocide our people. Ava, if you hear me in Valhalla, I know weren't a dirty wog! The ancestors celts where purebred steppe aryans a.k.a. white-skinned, blue-eyed blondes. Everything else is cultural marxist propaganda, I swear.

I mean search up the British Bell Beaker pigmentation results by Genetiker on his blog, can you find a single dark-haired, brown-eyed individual? Haha, I didn't think so.

I won't accept the wog-washing of our fair race. I won't! I won't! I won't!
    It's a falsehood, but it's necessary so that evil, colonialist, imperialist nations like Finland feel compelled to accept mass immigration as penance for their transgressions against people of colour

#avawasigbo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast