Revised reconstruction of Bronze Age Scottish woman based on analyzed snps

No Euro in Ancient Peru either.

Name a single strictly indigenous source that mentions racially separate rulers.

Central and South America had them since they had environments conductive to them. While North America didn't.

Well off the top of my head I have no first-hand indigenous source mentioning this.

Let's wait a few years and we'll see then. I tend to think there were at least three or four transoceanic migrations to the Americas - two from Europe (one being very, very old - see Chinchorro mummies, which actually brings me to this by Genetiker: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/05/01/132555) and one from Oceania.

There is no such thing as indigenous European Haplogroups. They all originated in Asia.

ThE Yamnaya Culture was related to the ancestors of modern Native Americans.

ThE Yamnaya Culture was related to the ancestors of modern Native Americans.
The Yamnaya clan-tribe-culture was based on being mobile self sufficient- Paternal/Patriarchal pastoralist culture using wheels and wagons to transport their family and or goods. They expanded in all directions on the European and Asian Steppe. Language-linguistics/culture are one in the same, if anything, they would be more closely related to paternal Angles-Saxon[aka English-West German speaking ] culture or Celtic/Italic tribes than Native Americans.

There is no such thing as indigenous European Haplogroups. They all originated in Asia.

That depends on how you group them. Technically they all started in Africa.

I would say I1 originated in Europe. It's only a question of where you want to "tag" it's origination. Each haplogroup has a long history of being in a particular place at a particular time. The trail of SNPs will lead back through history and track migrations.

It's probably most correct to tag single SNPs with known origination areas - so many L21 downstream SNPs are "British Isles" origin.

She has a flat nose.

The Scottish Lassie
She seems having been subbrachycephalic at first sight but it?s without any certainty - her forehead has a vertical profile - her skull is very flat on its top giving her a linear profile, and so does not evocate a close affinity either to ?dinaric? or to the kind of ?borreby? present among the Round Barrows people ; its profile for a broad skull could almost suggest an artificial deformation ? maybe closer to the ? croma-borreby ? (only my descriptive naming, not a coined scientific term : ATW less brutal type) - I cannot judge of the accuracy of the reconstruction, because we lack measurements, aside the habitual caution about flesh and hair: eyelids, eyebrows, nose tip, mouth aperture and lips? - but I?m not sure they did not underrate the cheekbones (or they are broad but not protuding forwards like among ?mongoloid? people) ? I was ready to say she had a deep inferior jaw as had the borreby-like Round Barrows men mentioned afore -but I knew this jaw was lacking and only imagined based upon some rare teeth : not serious at all ! (teeth sometimes do?nt correspond tightly to jaws, crossings unbalanced result or not) -

When I look at the picture, she doesn?t look ?mediterranean?or ?southern? (almost no trait, except dark complexion what doesn?t mean much) as said some people ; when people will cease to speak of ?southern? or ?mediterranean? everytime they speak of a dark pigmented ?europoid? ? She only looks weird (inhabitual). If I could rely on her reconstruction I could imagine some WSHG input, but? ? It seems to me his bonny nasal bridge is very far from the HG?s descendants one, she had a weak subglabella depression and a not agressive profile under it, so here again not typically HG, Round Barrows or BB -

So called ?Borreby?s variations are a mix of diverse types where some previously dolichcephalic Mesolithic pops themselves post-Paleolithic play a role. But I?m still searching the cause of their partial brachycephalisation : local, as among ?alpines?, influence of ?alpines?, or a brachycephalic eastern element from East the Forest Steppes, ? ANE ? at some depth of ancestry and not typically ?east-asian?, or a bit of all that?

& : Contrary to what has been said, the ?borreby? complex isn?t old in Scandinavia and goes back to the 3000 BC if I?m right. What we have before is always (meso-)dolichocephalic, HG or Neolithic, no change for this aspect. It owes in some part to the European HG?s but surely to others too, these last ones at a low percentage whose auDNA is uneasy to track ; I saw some very curious faces and noses among Scandinavians, whatever the pigmentation ; by the way the ?borreby? types are not tightly linked to blond hair, this trait was maybe never a 100 % fixed one ; and it seems to me it exists a gradiant between well marked ?borreby?s of any sort and so called ?east-baltic? types, gradiant where the eastern input could play ? I report some old anthropologists speaking about current pops or the Isles (Shetland, Isle of Man, Wales, Ireland) spoke of ? turanid ? faces present at low percentage, with dark hairs, most among females according to him : J. Beddoe thought in a possible slaves trade of Norwegians : could Y-Q in Northern Europe and its too high frequency among British Viking places have a link with all this ? (here, it would exclude the slave question) - Caution ! - It seems this so called type was/is present too in Bretons at very low rate -

&& : ToBeOrNotToBe : without to choose a side, I recall the look, texture and colour of head hair can change by chimical actions after dead ; Look at Egyptian mummies ? and a lot of the ? Amerindian ? ancient people pictured were children.

She looks something modern Russian / Romanian, roughly Baltic without the depigmentation. Do we know the cultural phase she belong to? The Mesolithic Scandinavian and British Modern and Neolithic have I2a1b in common and almost all British Neolithic sample are I2a1 or I2a2. And she clearly look like the stereotypical Bell Beaker, so how would she come from North Europe? I hope they put the sample datas public to be analyzed by other people.

Edit: Interesting enough, she was a Bell Beaker woman from Caithness dated 2300-2140 cal BCE. Mtdna H5. So are Beaker folk from Northern Europe now? Interesting. Also sadly she is not into the Genetiker pigmentation predictions. Hope it will soon.

Interesting also, it's the Reich Lab who was in charge.

Except that they've analyzed her genome and she doesn't.

Do you mean extra EEF? I mean, if she was 100% Bell Beaker, then she must've had a good amount of EEF admixture brought in from the continent. I'm surprised people in this topic have a hard time just accepting that maybe Bell Beaker people were just as varied as modern Germans or Britons in terms of eye and hair color. Why wouldn't they be if they had multiple ancestral components?

Do you mean extra EEF? I mean, if she was 100% Bell Beaker, then she must've had a good amount of EEF admixture brought in from the continent. I'm surprised people in this topic have a hard time just accepting that maybe Bell Beaker people were just as varied as modern Germans or Britons in terms of eye and hair color. Why wouldn't they be if they had multiple ancestral components?

Well... No. Extra EEF doesn't mean = dark features, it's actually pretty much the countrary. Funnelbeaker, Globular Amphora wich were the Late " Northern " Neolithic were all Blonde with Blue eyes. Steppe people had dark features, so the extra EEF doesn't make sense into the Phenotypical deduction here. Also a lot of British Bell Beaker were Blonde with Blue eyes following Genetiker calls. Once again my problem with the paper are TAGS wich seems odd for a scientifical paper " Dark Hair, Dark Eyes, Migrant, Northern Europe, ". Do you know that United Kingdom is one of the most Political Correct country nowadays? Just keep this detail in mind when you need to read paper from there.

Come on she is very dark though, looks completely out of place. If her nose is relatively flat, that's typically Borreby. And why did they decide to give her coarse straight hair? That kind of hair texture is much more common among East Asians and Native Americans. It's just a shambles really, and worst of all the media then uses this picture and says "Bronze Age immigrant looks like this". Not suggesting conspiracy, just poor methodology.

And I will add that I got chastised for mentioning they aren't good at detecting red hair, and lo and behold a few days later it turns out that's completely the case (on the side of overestimating red hair though, but it shows they haven't got it down to a tee yet). I'm sure a lot of these Beakers were actually red haired, where else did it come from in modern Brits - no, Angela, not the Vikings!

Well... No. Extra EEF doesn't mean = dark features, it's actually pretty much the countrary. Funnelbeaker, Globular Amphora wich were the Late " Northern " Neolithic were all Blonde with Blue eyes. Steppe people had dark features, so the extra EEF doesn't make sense into the Phenotypical deduction here. Also a lot of British Bell Beaker were Blonde with Blue eyes following Genetiker calls. Once again my problem with the paper are TAGS wich seems odd for a scientifical paper " Dark Hair, Dark Eyes, Migrant, Northern Europe, ". Do you know that United Kingdom is one of the most Political Correct country nowadays? Just keep this detail in mind when you need to read paper from there.

I explained that she had no British Neolithic EEF. Of course, as a central European Bell Beaker she would have been about 50% EEF. (Post number 8)

@Half Alp,
The majority of European farmers were dark-haired and dark-eyed, with a few picking up the blue eyes from WHG. They just had European fair skin. Those predictions for Globular Amphora, coming from genetiker, and making predictions based on single snps (which is completely wrong) are highly suspect. Plus, who says all the "farmer" ancestry in Beakers came from Globular Amphora?

There is, in addition, actual phenotypic data from the English Beaker samples. The blonde and blue-eyed beakers were in the minority, and they had more than a few dark-haired, dark-eyed ones. Go check the paper. It will clear up your confusion.

As to red hair, I was completely correct. A recent paper shows that the one snp used to supposedly "predict" red hair is not sufficient to predict it. So throw out all those genetiker predictions. Again, people, especially TBONTB, READ THE PAPERS. Algorithms can indeed predict dark hair and dark eyes. The majority of the Beakers had dark hair and dark eyes to the best of my recollection.

As Moesan has pointed out again and again, the point of the nose has to be guessed at because nothing remains. However, flat noses are by no means uncommon among the British. It's one of their unattractive traits. Even someone otherwise as beautiful as Catherine Zeta Jones has it.

Before plastic surgery:
2807311165_3b458c7e44.jpg

young-catherine-zeta-jones-as-a-teenager-photo-u1

When I saw her, it was familiar to me, I have it on the tip of my tongue as we say around here, I do not remember her name but she was a classmate in elementary school, her parents were from León. He is not my type, I like him but he is a kind of woman very applied, good student, without a hint of madness, maybe he keeps his dreams for herself, but I must admit that she is a good woman for any man.

Dark features? Well, I'm not sure where you and ToBeOrNotToBe came from and what people you've mt, but she's basically as dark as Catherina Zeta Jones and Pierce Brosnan, she wouldn't come off as non-European to me in any way. There are plenty of Southern and even Northern Europeans with skin complexion and, of course, dark hair and eyes. I think you guys are overstating the "darkness" of that reconstruction a lot.

Also, I don't think you should equate all EEF with the Northern European GAC and Funnelbeaker. From the example of modern Barbagia Sardinians, the closest to EEF, and many other ancient DNA samples we can be pretty sure that many if not even most EEF were dark-haired, dark-eyed and not that pale-skinned.

Come on she is very dark though, looks completely out of place. If her nose is relatively flat, that's typically Borreby. And why did they decide to give her coarse straight hair? That kind of hair texture is much more common among East Asians and Native Americans. It's just a shambles really, and worst of all the media then uses this picture and says "Bronze Age immigrant looks like this". Not suggesting conspiracy, just poor methodology.

And I will add that I got chastised for mentioning they aren't good at detecting red hair, and lo and behold a few days later it turns out that's completely the case (on the side of overestimating red hair though, but it shows they haven't got it down to a tee yet). I'm sure a lot of these Beakers were actually red haired, where else did it come from in modern Brits - no, Angela, not the Vikings!

Well, man, "very dark" is overstretching it "a bit", don't you think so? As Angela has already demonstrated with many pictures above, that girl wouldn't be very "outlandish" even in modern Britain, let alone in ancient times thousands of years of continuing selection for lighter features apart from us.

As for her hair texture, honestly you must never have met a Native American or an East Asian person in your life, because their hair is usually much thicker, straighter and "smoother" (in the way it looks) than the hair of most Europeans, many of whom actually have wavy or this kind of "coarse straight" hair (whatever that means, for me the girl's hair is just moderately wavy).

As for red hair, I'm pretty sure you must know that, that being a recessive trait, it's very unlikely that there was ever any migration of a "red-haired people" into Britain or anywhere else, but the migration of a people with higher frequency of red hair amidst many other people with dark and light brown as well as blonde hair. Populations are not monolithic. This girl could perfectly have black hair and live alongside red-haired people. That happens all the time in Ireland and Scotland.

As per the flatter nose, it's not unheard of in Europe at all, and I have often found that many Baltic women have a slightly flatter nose, and they also have the highest amount of WHG+EHG ancestry in Europe AFAIK. Just saying.

She looks something modern Russian / Romanian, roughly Baltic without the depigmentation. Do we know the cultural phase she belong to? The Mesolithic Scandinavian and British Modern and Neolithic have I2a1b in common and almost all British Neolithic sample are I2a1 or I2a2. And she clearly look like the stereotypical Bell Beaker, so how would she come from North Europe? I hope they put the sample datas public to be analyzed by other people.

Edit: Interesting enough, she was a Bell Beaker woman from Caithness dated 2300-2140 cal BCE. Mtdna H5. So are Beaker folk from Northern Europe now? Interesting. Also sadly she is not into the Genetiker pigmentation predictions. Hope it will soon.

Interesting also, it's the Reich Lab who was in charge.

I also think there is something vaguely Baltic about her, only darker.

See here: https://www.gofundme.com/paracas-elongated-skull-dna-tests and check the updates section. Bear in mind the guy seems to believe they could be part alien - but that doesn't mean he's fabricating results.

Oh, of course not, it's totally reliable nonetheless... LOL! :-D

But seriously, apart from the light hair, is there anything really obvious visually in thoe mummies that makes them so unquestionably European? I hope people don't find Melanesian blonde mummies in some millennia and think they were necessarily from Europe...

Well, man, "very dark" is overstretching it "a bit", don't you think so? As Angela has already demonstrated with many pictures above, that girl wouldn't be very "outlandish" even in modern Britain, let alone in ancient times thousands of years of continuing selection for lighter features apart from us.

As for her hair texture, honestly you must never have met a Native American or an East Asian person in your life, because their hair is usually much thicker, straighter and "smoother" (in the way it looks) than the hair of most Europeans, many of whom actually have wavy or this kind of "coarse straight" hair (whatever that means, for me the girl's hair is just moderately wavy).

As for red hair, I'm pretty sure you must know that, that being a recessive trait, it's very unlikely that there was ever any migration of a "red-haired people" into Britain or anywhere else, but the migration of a people with higher frequency of red hair amidst many other people with dark and light brown as well as blonde hair. Populations are not monolithic. This girl could perfectly have black hair and live alongside red-haired people. That happens all the time in Ireland and Scotland.

As per the flatter nose, it's not unheard of in Europe at all, and I have often found that many Baltic women have a slightly flatter nose, and they also have the highest amount of WHG+EHG ancestry in Europe AFAIK. Just saying.

Not only have a lot of these people on "anthropology" sites never traveled, but they also don't watch British media.

Minnie Driver could play her in a movie:
Minnie+Driver.jpg

Alan Cumming:
alan-cumming.jpg

Ken Scott:

David Tennant:
rexfeatures_4107929o.jpg

Tommy Flanagan
tommy-flanagan-376428l.jpg

Ioan Gruffudd
0726edf7c29a21f8d5ef6e1321be38b3.jpg

John Rhys-Davies
dvT1NPY8CXIVQh0O1h6rpfYOgKz.jpg

Jonathan Pryce
112047_full.jpg

Jonathan Pryce and the Pope:
pope-jona.png

j2nrhh9.jpg Rob Bryden

Patrick Mower
5tVoPn4bgAEzFmRdf7phkEO3P7z.jpg

Jeffrey Dean Morgan
gettyimages-72739134.jpg

Ciaran Hinds
USA+Network+Political+Animals+New+York+Screening+tWIagLOhHWlx.jpg

Colin Farrell
colin-farrell---wi07-12.jpg

From above: Aidan Turner and Kit Harrington

aidan-turner-2016-gq-men-of-the-year-awards-01.jpg

Kit Harrington:
Kit_Harington_2014.jpg

I could go on and on, especially if I included black haired blue eyed Irish people.

This is not even starting on the world of sport:

John Williams:
uncapped.jpg

You’ll notice these are predominantly Celtic periphery people…not the more heavily Saxon areas.

I explained that she had no British Neolithic EEF. Of course, as a central European Bell Beaker she would have been about 50% EEF. (Post number 8)

@Half Alp,
The majority of European farmers were dark-haired and dark-eyed, with a few picking up the blue eyes from WHG. They just had European fair skin. Those predictions for Globular Amphora, coming from genetiker, and making predictions based on single snps (which is completely wrong) are highly suspect. Plus, who says all the "farmer" ancestry in Beakers came from Globular Amphora?

There is, in addition, actual phenotypic data from the English Beaker samples. The blonde and blue-eyed beakers were in the minority, and they had more than a few dark-haired, dark-eyed ones. Go check the paper. It will clear up your confusion.

As to red hair, I was completely correct. A recent paper shows that the one snp used to supposedly "predict" red hair is not sufficient to predict it. So throw out all those genetiker predictions. Again, people, especially TBONTB, READ THE PAPERS. Algorithms can indeed predict dark hair and dark eyes. The majority of the Beakers had dark hair and dark eyes to the best of my recollection.

As Moesan has pointed out again and again, the point of the nose has to be guessed at because nothing remains. However, flat noses are by no means uncommon among the British. It's one of their unattractive traits. Even someone otherwise as beautiful as Catherine Zeta Jones has it.

Before plastic surgery:
2807311165_3b458c7e44.jpg

young-catherine-zeta-jones-as-a-teenager-photo-u1

Actually i dont have anything with the reconstruction, wich sense to me more real than the first one. I have problem with the Phrasé of the paper as i said. As passionate of History and Anthropology / Archeogenetic, most of those paper doesn't change too much over the big pictures we can know over all the world. But those kind of study, in BBC, with words like Dark Features not Light ones, Migrant, Northern Europe... Most lambda English people gonna reconstructe this this way " see, already in prehistory, there was dark featured people from scandinavia who migrate in england " and here we go with the same stuff as the reconstruction of Cheddar Man.

Also, every Dark people ( in an European physical way ) doesn't equal each other. In British Islands there is clear roots, some people looking clearly Mediterranean, others look cleary into the Dinaric-Armenid substrat. The features dark or light are less important than the general face.

This thread has been viewed 32336 times.

Back