Revised reconstruction of Bronze Age Scottish woman based on analyzed snps

What about Wales or Ireland? Those places probably received the least post Bronze Age admixture. Anecdotally, I'd met an Irish woman in Italy who had very similar eye and hair pigmentation, and she didn't have the typically North-West European skin either, so she would tan to a quite brownish tone

I have family members with brown hair and eyes, who tan an olive colour that I associate more with Mediterranean natives. But this is uncommon, even in Wales and Ireland

As regards comparisons with modern populations, one thing that has to be kept in mind with these reconstructions is that in the metal ages and beyond people tended to have more pronounced jaws, and a somewhat heavier facial bone structure in general. There are other features like the slight suppression on top of the skull, the extremely low height of the cranium etc. that have more or less disappeared from European populations

I agree with this, but I maintain that the original reconstruction would not stand out in a street in Britain. The updated one would because it has an incredibly unusual combination of skull/facial shape and colouration. The colouration can be found in modern Britons, as can the facial features, but not in combination. I can't think of anywhere in Europe where I would expect to see somebody who looked like that

Anyone who believes either of those things has never set foot in either country, and is an idiot. Why read the drivel they write? You may as well subscribe to a periodical about alien abductions

I find it rather amusing to be honest, though sometimes it's not so much malicious as it is a sign of people's lack of interest in educating themselves. It's population genetics' equivalent of the folk who say 'Queen Elizabeth II is German', without any appreciation of the history of European monarchy or the nuances of the relationships, marriages and sexual partners thereof. Often innocent, but perpetuating a distorted version of reality. A periodical about alien abductions sounds pretty cool, I'd definitely buy that (not sure what the lovely lady at my local shop would say about my ever-growing collection of Probe Monthly​ though)

If you remove the olive skin, then I disagree. Dark brown haired and brown eyed and light skinned people are not the norm, but neither are they all that rare. Look at post number 39, and that was just actors and actresses. I could do longer posts from sport, media, law, business etc

Brown eyes and hair with fair skin are reasonably common, yes. Most people have medium/chestnut brown or blond hair and green, hazel, grey or blue eyes. Many people (myself included) have dark brown hair. The brown hair and eyes combination does seem less common here than in other European nations, though not to the extent I would call it rare. Black hair is virtually nonexistent, though it crops up of course. Olive skin is rare too, most people are pretty fair and those who aren't exceptionally-pale have skin tones more in line with Germans or Scandinavians, and tan similarly too.

The original reconstruction looked like a girl from the Baltics

She'd pass as a modern Brit too. In fact she'd probably fit in perfectly anywhere in Northern and Northwestern Europe

the_real_ava.jpg

And a little Asian?
hyeonseo-lee.jpg

It's all such a joke, it really is. I won't give moderators the moral freedom to ban me by being overly insulting, but my god people are either stupid or cannot see straight. Thanks for that post by the way, but did you know some random actress from Wales has dark-ish skin and narrow-ish eyes - BTFO White supremacists!!!

That. Was. Not. What. Ava. Looked. Like.

For women, it is a known physiognomy in Romania.
Is mtDNA known?
Ava
the_real_ava.jpg

Daniela Nemoianu
Daniela-Nemoianu_KPMG-Copy.jpg

Attachments

• Daniela-Nemoianu_KPMG-Copy.jpg
    Daniela-Nemoianu_KPMG-Copy.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 6
They were broadcasting a movie yesterday, hunting the killer, and an actress was coming out and I said that, not exactly because there was something more oriental. One Vanessa Hudggens, I have now read on wikipedia that she is from a Filipino mother. Apart from that factor, I think she was more like Ava than the reconstruction they have done, which looks like a good girl.

Is there a commercial test to do, to see if we have ourselves, genes for fair features as being European?

There are many variants, tens or hundreds or thousands of possibilities to be European, so nobody has a monopoly in Europe to say what the model would be because there are many models.

Normally it is those who carry something of Indo-European who want to keep the monopoly of what it is to be European, but why a Indo-European has to be more European than Afro-European and more so when both can have one another in a way other. In short, we are a little tired that the European centers want the monopoly of the Celtic world and of what it is to be European that those from northern Europe also want a monopoly of what it is to be European, no, from the West we say: No!

Is there a commercial test to do, to see if we have ourselves, genes for fair features as being European?
No offense but how can an SNP by itself possibly tell you whether it's from a European or middle eastern if it's found in both groups?

No offense but how can an SNP by itself possibly tell you whether it's from a European or middle eastern if it's found in both groups?

Because my point was to see if an European could not have it, not if he could have it.

There are many variants, tens or hundreds or thousands of possibilities to be European, so nobody has a monopoly in Europe to say what the model would be because there are many models.

Normally it is those who carry something of Indo-European who want to keep the monopoly of what it is to be European, but why a Indo-European has to be more European than Afro-European and more so when both can have one another in a way other. In short, we are a little tired that the European centers want the monopoly of the Celtic world and of what it is to be European that those from northern Europe also want a monopoly of what it is to be European, no, from the West we say: No!

Who is who to say what and why this minority of who have the monopoly?

If she's not, why would i have the intuition she is before even knows her origin?

Because you know not too much about the most typical BB types, = 'dinaric'; the not typical ones can be labelled what you want, as every not typical something...
This woman's skull is very curious, maybe deformed, maybe only the result of a rare traits redistribution of admixed pops: it remains NOT TYPICAL OF BB BASIS; it's not TO SAY she CANNOT be of a BB pop...
You can rely on your impressions if you want, no problem for me. I'm used to, now I have been on fora.

She’s a Steppe Bell Beaker, she isn’t part of the preceding Neolithic population ffs. I swear, how is this not so obvious to people, this is a stupidity even smart people are not immune to (and I’m definitely not calling you smart, though people like Angela clearly are at the very least somewhat).

And to the person saying that she’s dark because she has pigmentary incontinence, surely, just surely, you aren’t that stupid to think something as elaborate as that.
I am answering what you think she is and saying she's too dark bell beaker or Neolithic she isn't too dark. I am ethnically half English I have lived here my whole life and I am telling you that some modern Brits without any admixture can be that dark. I don't know who you think you are or where you live but you can't speak for English people. I could name many modern Brits who could have her hair and eye colour.

Bell beakers were a lot in Iberia, she is probably some Celt reminiscent of that farmers were everywhere from Latvia to Anatolia.

It's all such a joke, it really is. I won't give moderators the moral freedom to ban me by being overly insulting, but my god people are either stupid or cannot see straight. Thanks for that post by the way, but did you know some random actress from Wales has dark-ish skin and narrow-ish eyes - BTFO White supremacists!!!

My Father had hair that dark and he's English of German descent. Clearly they don't know what they're talking about.

Agreed. My heart is breaking to see that one of our white ancestors are used as a tool to genocide our people. Ava, if you hear me in Valhalla, I know weren't a dirty wog! The ancestors celts where purebred steppe aryans a.k.a. white-skinned, blue-eyed blondes. Everything else is cultural marxist propaganda, I swear.

I mean search up the British Bell Beaker pigmentation results by Genetiker on his blog, can you find a single dark-haired, brown-eyed individual? Haha, I didn't think so.

I won't accept the wog-washing of our fair race. I won't! I won't! I won't!

Agreed. My heart is breaking to see that one of our white ancestors are used as a tool to genocide our people. Ava, if you hear me in Valhalla, I know weren't a dirty wog! The ancestors celts where purebred steppe aryans a.k.a. white-skinned, blue-eyed blondes. Everything else is cultural marxist propaganda, I swear.

I mean search up the British Bell Beaker pigmentation results by Genetiker on his blog, can you find a single dark-haired, brown-eyed individual? Haha, I didn't think so.

It's a falsehood, but it's necessary so that evil, colonialist, imperialist nations like Finland feel compelled to accept mass immigration as penance for their transgressions against people of colour

#avawasigbo

Lol okay, whether or not the replacement conspiracy is true, I don't think that means Bell Beakers were "pure Nordics" or anything like that (they clearly weren't, as one example their phenotype is very distinctly North-Western Middle Eastern in origin, albeit much lighter pigmented)

If you're looking for that, I suggest you worship Corded Ware

Looks the same. Just brown eyes and brown hair.

Is this post Sarcastic?

[QUOTE = Wanderer; 564568] Parece lo mismo. Solo ojos marrones y cabello castaño. [/ QUOTE]

​It looks very different because in the first version had gone to the hairdresser, and this latest version is a woman who does not go to the hairdresser and even seems to not even do it herself at home. And you can not understand why being a blonde was a modern girl and being a brunette is a careless housewife.

This thread has been viewed 32572 times.

Back