Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 850 of 965

Thread: Population structure in Italy using ancient and modern samples

  1. #826
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    20,632


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    @Angela - the samples are raveane_aneli_montinaro, and there's no Emilia.

    conversion_popname:
    Albanian Albania
    ITC-ABR_G Abruzzo
    ITC-LAZ_G Lazio
    ITC-MAR_G Marche
    ITC-TSI_G Tuscany
    ITC-UMB_G Umbria
    ITN-FRI_G Friuli-Venezia-Giulia
    ITN-LIG_G Liguria
    ITN-LOM_G Lombrardy
    ITN-TRE_G Trentino-Alto-Adige
    ITN-VDA_G Aosta-Valley
    ITN-VEN_G Veneto
    ITS-BAS_G Basilicata
    ITS-CAL_G Calabria
    ITS-CAM_G Campania
    ITS-MOL_G Molise
    ITS-PUG_G Apulia

    sample_names:
    Albanian AL9
    Albanian AL12
    Albanian AL17
    Albanian AL29
    Albanian AL82
    Albanian AL98
    ITN-VEN_G ALP022
    ITN-VEN_G ALP040
    ITN-TRE_G ALP070
    ITN-TRE_G ALP071
    ITN-FRI_G ALP081
    ITC-ABR_G Alp090
    ITN-FRI_G ALP093
    ITN-LIG_G ALP099
    ITN-VEN_G Alp100
    ITN-TRE_G ALP114
    ITN-VEN_G ALP116
    ITC-ABR_G Alp140
    ITC-ABR_G ALP161
    ITC-ABR_G Alp162
    ITN-FRI_G ALP188
    ITN-TRE_G ALP200
    ITC-ABR_G ALP205
    ITN-VEN_G ALP209
    ITN-FRI_G ALP220
    ITN-VDA_G ALP225
    ITN-VDA_G ALP227
    ITN-FRI_G ALP233
    ITN-FRI_G ALP235
    ITN-VEN_G ALP249
    ITN-VEN_G ALP250
    ITN-TRE_G ALP259
    ITN-VEN_G ALP273
    ITN-FRI_G ALP280
    ITN-LOM_G ALP288
    ITN-VEN_G ALP322
    ITN-FRI_G ALP346
    ITN-FRI_G ALP354
    ITN-VEN_G ALP378
    ITS-PUG_G ALP379
    ITC-ABR_G Alp380
    ITN-TRE_G ALP395
    ITN-VEN_G Alp401
    ITN-TRE_G ALP414
    ITN-TRE_G ALP420
    ITN-FRI_G ALP435
    ITC-ABR_G Alp503
    ITN-FRI_G ALP506
    ITS-CAL_G ALP582
    ITS-PUG_G ALP583
    ITS-CAL_G ALP596
    ITC-ABR_G Alp616
    ITN-LOM_G BGD28
    ITN-LOM_G BGD31
    ITN-LOM_G BGD103
    ITN-LOM_G BGD301
    ITS-PUG_G cera1
    ITS-PUG_G cera2
    ITS-PUG_G cera8
    ITS-PUG_G cera9
    ITS-PUG_G GS32
    ITS-PUG_G GS34
    ITS-PUG_G GS47
    ITN-VEN_G KF1800751
    ITN-FRI_G KF1800761
    ITN-VEN_G KF1800772
    ITN-VEN_G KF1803105
    ITN-VEN_G KF1803109
    ITN-FRI_G KF1803129
    ITN-VEN_G KF1803151
    ITN-FRI_G KF2700922
    ITN-FRI_G KF2700960
    ITC-MAR_G MarABG010D
    ITC-MAR_G MarABI020D
    ITC-MAR_G MarABN020D
    ITC-MAR_G MarABP050D
    ITC-MAR_G MarABQ080D
    ITC-MAR_G MarABU050D
    ITC-MAR_G MarABY030D
    ITC-MAR_G MarACM040D
    ITC-MAR_G MarACO060D
    ITC-MAR_G MarACO100D
    ITC-MAR_G MarACV100D
    ITC-MAR_G MarACW030D
    ITC-MAR_G MarACW080D
    ITC-MAR_G MarACY030D
    ITC-MAR_G MarADC050D
    ITC-MAR_G MarADG030D
    ITC-TSI_G MURLO114
    ITS-CAM_G NaN43TC
    ITS-CAM_G NaN46TC
    ITS-CAM_G NaN58AC
    ITS-CAM_G NaN65DFG
    ITS-CAM_G NaN77FAM
    ITS-CAM_G NaN119AMR
    ITS-CAM_G NaN128LA
    ITS-CAM_G NaN195ST
    ITS-CAM_G NaN207MM
    ITS-CAM_G NaN212CR
    ITS-CAM_G NaN238DM
    ITS-CAM_G NaN275IS
    ITS-CAM_G NaN289RM
    ITS-CAM_G NaN293SF
    ITC-LAZ_G NOR24
    ITC-LAZ_G NOR28
    ITC-UMB_G PG03
    ITC-UMB_G PG04
    ITC-UMB_G PG05
    ITC-UMB_G PG06
    ITC-UMB_G PG07
    ITC-UMB_G PG08
    ITC-UMB_G PG11
    ITC-UMB_G PG12
    ITC-UMB_G PG15
    ITS-BAS_G PG16
    ITS-BAS_G PG17
    ITS-BAS_G PG18
    ITS-BAS_G PG19
    ITS-BAS_G PG20
    ITS-BAS_G PG21
    ITS-BAS_G PG22
    ITS-BAS_G PG24
    ITS-BAS_G PG25
    ITS-MOL_G PG26
    ITS-MOL_G PG27
    ITC-LAZ_G PG28
    ITC-LAZ_G PG30
    ITS-PUG_G Pu2
    ITS-PUG_G Pu3
    ITS-PUG_G Pu7
    ITS-PUG_G Pu8
    ITS-PUG_G Pu45
    ITC-TSI_G VO59
    ITC-TSI_G VO65
    ITC-TSI_G VO109
    Thanks for the info, Salento


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  2. #827
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    20,632


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Stefano View Post
    With the new samples


    Distance to: Stefano
    2.58623278 BGD31_Lombrardy
    2.66323112 KF1800772_Veneto
    2.78793831 ALP114_Trentino-Alto-Adige
    3.39605654 BGD301_Lombrardy
    3.55707745 BGD28_Lombrardy
    3.72235141 BGD103_Lombrardy




    These are the regional averages, for a reference


    Italian_Abruzzo,7.59,0.03,3.23,0.04,29.12,16.1,0,0 .08,10.91,0.32,32.6,0
    Italian_Aosta_Valley,5.82,0.06,1.62,0.14,40.65,29. 99,0.25,0.05,4.3,0.03,16.98,0.1
    Italian_Apulia,7.38,0.32,2.81,0.34,26.2,17.19,0.27 ,0.27,11.31,0.41,33.36,0.15
    Italian_Basilicata,8.9,0,3.92,0.1,27.08,14.41,0.67 ,0.62,11.23,0.05,32.98,0.04
    Italian_Calabria,7,0.13,4.18,0.08,27,11.44,0.26,0. 6,13.52,0.22,35.45,0.1
    Italian_Campania,7.07,0.09,2.82,0.09,28.91,13.73,0 .1,0.33,12.32,0.02,34.34,0.1
    Italian_Emilia,6.13,0,1.15,0.18,37.61,22.76,0.14,0 .11,7.4,0.25,24.22,0.06
    Italian_Friuli_VG,5.44,0.28,1.17,0.01,34.92,29.32, 0.08,0,7.03,0,21.72,0.02
    Italian_Jew,5.91,0.27,5.61,0.28,26.04,8.53,0.36,1. 02,16.51,0.14,35.34,0
    Italian_Lazio,6.73,0,2.67,0.05,31.7,19.82,0.26,0.0 7,9.79,0.17,28.75,0
    Italian_Liguria,5.1,0.05,2.01,0.09,37.89,23.23,0.2 5,0.05,7.89,0.05,23.39,0
    Italian_Lombardy,4.75,0.12,1.12,0.04,39.63,25.08,0 .17,0.01,6.41,0.03,22.62,0.03
    Italian_Marche,6.42,0.08,2.38,0.05,32.91,18.72,0.2 9,0.27,9.80,0,29.042,0.03
    Italian_Molise,6.89,0.1,2.32,0,29.31,15.22,0.03,0. 11,12.03,0.10,33.84,0.02
    Italian_Piedmont,5.92,0.13,1.73,0.09,37.82,26.02,0 .04,0.04,6.73,0.02,21.37,0.1
    Italian_Romagna,6.08,0,1.87,0.13,34.66,20.98,0.1,0 ,8.99,0,27.19,0
    Italian_Sicily,7.31,0.48,4.59,0.10,27.22,13.45,0.2 5,0.65,12.1,0.05,33.16,0.64
    Italian_Trentino,4.79,0.22,0.73,0.04,38.71,29.79,0 ,0,5.47,0.02,20.22,0
    Italian_Tuscany,6.12,0.05,1.21,0.14,36.89,21.81,0. 16,0.06,8.21,0,25.36,0
    Italian_Umbria,5.96,0.10,1.99,0.19,33.10,20.43,0.1 7,0.09,9.25,0.15,28.46,0.06
    Italian_Veneto,5.44,0.04,1.43,0.18,36.93,27.16,0.0 6,0,5.73,0.15,22.83,0.03


    Angela the BGD31_Lombrardy sample is closer to liguria and the ALP114_Trentino-Alto-Adige to Emilia, hence the similarity.


    Distance to: BGD31_Lombrardy
    3.70737104 Italian_Liguria
    3.91035804 Italian_Lombardy
    3.95045567 Italian_Emilia
    4.73982067 Italian_Tuscany
    6.07599375 Italian_Piedmont




    Distance to: ALP114_Trentino-Alto-Adige
    2.16497113 Italian_Emilia
    2.17901354 Italian_Tuscany
    2.61774712 Italian_Liguria
    4.58607675 Italian_Lombardy
    4.93049693 Italian_Romagna
    5.97426983 Italian_Piedmont






    Stuvanè, the ALP209_Veneto is really close to tuscany, liguria and emilia and the PG08_Umbria to Romagna.




    Distance to: ALP209_Veneto
    4.60722259 Italian_Tuscany
    4.63417738 Italian_Liguria
    4.66076174 Italian_Emilia
    4.79977083 Italian_Veneto
    4.92280408 Italian_Romagna


    Distance to: PG08_Umbria
    2.01905919 Italian_Romagna
    3.00507903 Italian_Tuscany
    3.37305500 Italian_Umbria
    4.31461470 Italian_Emilia






    Individual have a variation from their regional averages.
    Well, they certainly can't be very close to either, because when there's an Emilia sample and a Liguria sample, my fits are less than one, and here it's 2.9.

  3. #828
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Posts
    1,294

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

    Ethnic group
    Italian-Sicily-South
    Country: United States



    Salento: In the Raveane et al 2019 paper, there are two Sicilian Samples (not sure what the N=for each one), Sicily1 and Sicily 2 (I seem to remember 1 each from West and East Sicily)y, as well as 3 Sardinian. Sardinia 1, 2 and 3. Are those samples available to the public?

    Thanks again, PT

  4. #829
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,873

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.


    Here is the PCA with all of the samples organized by region.

  5. #830
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    5,383

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Palermo Trapani View Post
    Salento: In the Raveane et al 2019 paper, there are two Sicilian Samples (not sure what the N=for each one), Sicily1 and Sicily 2 (I seem to remember 1 each from West and East Sicily)y, as well as 3 Sardinian. Sardinia 1, 2 and 3. Are those samples available to the public?

    Thanks again, PT
    … those were all the samples available, … though I have something similar to that from some other study, … I don’t want to create confusion, … I’ll post them later :)
    🕷️

  6. #831
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Posts
    1,294

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

    Ethnic group
    Italian-Sicily-South
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    … those were all the samples available, … though I have something similar to that from some other study, … I don’t want to create confusion, … I’ll post them later :)
    Salento: Ok, thanks!

  7. #832
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    5,383

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palermo Trapani View Post
    Salento: Ok, thanks!
    @PT ... some modern Sicilians unrelated to this thread, ... some lacking the study label.
    Code:
    TP05_Trapani_LazaridisNat2014,7.76,0,7.31,0,29.40,11.85,0,0,9.38,1.31,32.10,0.89
    TP07_Trapani_LazaridisNat2014,8.32,0.77,5.64,0,26.41,12.48,1.43,2.69,11.62,0,30.64,0
    SR60_Siracusa_LazaridisNat2014,5.07,0,5.64,0,27.22,15.93,0,0.20,11.48,0,33.31,1.15
    SR64_Siracusa_LazaridisNat2014,7.97,0,3.45,0,29.75,13.44,0,2.33,12.10,0,30.48,0.48
    C-Sicily50,6.22,0.50,3.62,0,27.78,14.29,0,0.96,12.97,0.12,32.19,1.35
    E-Sicily18,4.57,0,4.55,0,28.22,14.85,0.37,0,15.10,0.38,31.41,0.56
    W-Sicily1,7.27,0,4.47,0,28.58,13.24,0,1.03,10.76,0,34.42,0.23
    W-Sicily3,6.69,0.09,4.53,0,28.83,12.64,0,0.47,12.19,0.18,34.27,0.12
    W-Sicily5a,8.76,0,3.46,0.89,26.50,13.84,0,1.77,11.65,0.13,33.00,0
    W-Sicily9,7.47,0.24,4.26,0,28.88,13.07,0,0.77,14.72,0,30.48,0.10
    W-Sicily21,7.06,0,4.17,0.98,27.98,11.07,0.07,2.67,11.80,0,33.88,0.32
    Ag-Sicily5,8.11,0,4.73,0,29.88,12.05,0,0.88,11.66,0,32.68,0
    Ag-Sicily8,7.44,0.30,5.18,0.40,27.65,13.74,0.05,0.70,12.31,0,31.71,0.52

  8. #833
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Posts
    1,294

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

    Ethnic group
    Italian-Sicily-South
    Country: United States



    Salento: Thanks for the Coordinates,

    Distance to: PalermoTrapani_ANCESTRY
    2.74534151 SR64_Siracusa_LazaridisNat2014
    2.88513431 Ag-Sicily5
    2.97045451 W-Sicily9
    3.36884253 Ag-Sicily8
    3.47981321 C-Sicily50
    3.62692707 W-Sicily3
    4.27519590 W-Sicily1
    4.44958425 E-Sicily18
    5.01247444 W-Sicily21
    5.05732143 W-Sicily5a
    5.51926626 SR60_Siracusa_LazaridisNat2014
    5.66633038 TP05_Trapani_LazaridisNat2014
    5.80655664 TP07_Trapani_LazaridisNat2014

  9. #834
    Moderator Pax Augusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Location
    Ara Pacis
    Posts
    1,636


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Nice to see some legitimate modern Italian samples (Albanians too). Now there's no question of authenticity.
    They are exactly the same samples added in the G25. But in G25 there are also others, like Italian_Piedmont which is probably based on a sample from Val Borbera, TSI and others as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vallicanus View Post
    In which part of Liguria does ALP099 hail from?

    Unclear and unknown. Perhaps some area in Savona province, but that is a guess based on studies.

    While those from Marche and Umbria I found information based on their names and Marche samples are from Ancona (or province of Ancona) and Umbria samples from Perugia (or province of Perugia), respectively. For the Tuscan ones are the old ones from Volterra (VO) and Murlo (Siena). On the other hand, I have not yet figured out the origin of the Lazio ones.


    Quote Originally Posted by Stefano View Post
    With the new samples

    Individual have a variation from their regional averages.

    True. In individuals from each region there is individual variation, and this is true for any sample set, not just those from Italy. Then clearly, in some cases there can also be variations within the same region due to geographical reasons. Therefore, one should focus more on general trends.

  10. #835
    Moderator Pax Augusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Location
    Ara Pacis
    Posts
    1,636


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Nice to see some legitimate modern Italian samples (Albanians too). Now there's no question of authenticity.
    They are exactly the same samples added in the G25. But in G25 there are also others, like Italian_Piedmont which is probably based on a sample from Val Borbera, TSI and others as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vallicanus View Post
    In which part of Liguria does ALP099 hail from?

    Unclear and unknown. Perhaps some area in Savona province, but that is a guess based on studies.

    While those from Marche and Umbria I found information based on their names and Marche samples are from Ancona (or province of Ancona) and Umbria samples from Perugia (or province of Perugia), respectively. For the Tuscan ones are the old ones from Volterra (VO) and Murlo (Siena). On the other hand, I have not yet figured out the origin of the Lazio ones.


    Quote Originally Posted by Stefano View Post
    With the new samples

    Individual have a variation from their regional averages.

    True. In individuals from each region there is individual variation, and this is true for any sample set, not just those from Italy. Then clearly, in some cases there can also be variations within the same region due to geographical reasons. Therefore, one should focus more on general trends.

  11. #836
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,873

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    @pax I know, what I meant was that now we don't have to use the "updated" Dodecad populations made by apricity users and that racist Italian guy.

  12. #837
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,873

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    @PT ... some modern Sicilians unrelated to this thread, ... some lacking the study label.
    Code:
    TP05_Trapani_LazaridisNat2014,7.76,0,7.31,0,29.40,11.85,0,0,9.38,1.31,32.10,0.89
    TP07_Trapani_LazaridisNat2014,8.32,0.77,5.64,0,26.41,12.48,1.43,2.69,11.62,0,30.64,0
    SR60_Siracusa_LazaridisNat2014,5.07,0,5.64,0,27.22,15.93,0,0.20,11.48,0,33.31,1.15
    SR64_Siracusa_LazaridisNat2014,7.97,0,3.45,0,29.75,13.44,0,2.33,12.10,0,30.48,0.48
    C-Sicily50,6.22,0.50,3.62,0,27.78,14.29,0,0.96,12.97,0.12,32.19,1.35
    E-Sicily18,4.57,0,4.55,0,28.22,14.85,0.37,0,15.10,0.38,31.41,0.56
    W-Sicily1,7.27,0,4.47,0,28.58,13.24,0,1.03,10.76,0,34.42,0.23
    W-Sicily3,6.69,0.09,4.53,0,28.83,12.64,0,0.47,12.19,0.18,34.27,0.12
    W-Sicily5a,8.76,0,3.46,0.89,26.50,13.84,0,1.77,11.65,0.13,33.00,0
    W-Sicily9,7.47,0.24,4.26,0,28.88,13.07,0,0.77,14.72,0,30.48,0.10
    W-Sicily21,7.06,0,4.17,0.98,27.98,11.07,0.07,2.67,11.80,0,33.88,0.32
    Ag-Sicily5,8.11,0,4.73,0,29.88,12.05,0,0.88,11.66,0,32.68,0
    Ag-Sicily8,7.44,0.30,5.18,0.40,27.65,13.74,0.05,0.70,12.31,0,31.71,0.52
    Great work once again! Keep it up! We can have all the samples decoded at this rate.

  13. #838
    Moderator Pax Augusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Location
    Ara Pacis
    Posts
    1,636


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    @pax I know, what I meant was that now we don't have to use the "updated" Dodecad populations made by apricity users and that racist Italian guy.
    Whoever made them are not aberrant anyway, the big picture is more or less the same. To be nitpicky even these samples that come from Raveane 2019 have some problems. One would really have to wonder what is the point of releasing only one Ligurian sample, and not releasing any Piedmontese or Emilan samples. It would also have been helpful if it published information about the exact origin of the various samples. In northeastern Italy, there is quite a difference between the Po Valley, the Pre-Alps, the Alps, and language minorities. Personally, I care about accuracy more than the rest.

    In any case, great work, as usual on your part. And a big thank you to Salento.

  14. #839
    Moderator Pax Augusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Location
    Ara Pacis
    Posts
    1,636


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    @PT ... some modern Sicilians unrelated to this thread, ... some lacking the study label.
    Code:
    TP05_Trapani_LazaridisNat2014,7.76,0,7.31,0,29.40,11.85,0,0,9.38,1.31,32.10,0.89
    TP07_Trapani_LazaridisNat2014,8.32,0.77,5.64,0,26.41,12.48,1.43,2.69,11.62,0,30.64,0
    SR60_Siracusa_LazaridisNat2014,5.07,0,5.64,0,27.22,15.93,0,0.20,11.48,0,33.31,1.15
    SR64_Siracusa_LazaridisNat2014,7.97,0,3.45,0,29.75,13.44,0,2.33,12.10,0,30.48,0.48
    C-Sicily50,6.22,0.50,3.62,0,27.78,14.29,0,0.96,12.97,0.12,32.19,1.35
    E-Sicily18,4.57,0,4.55,0,28.22,14.85,0.37,0,15.10,0.38,31.41,0.56
    W-Sicily1,7.27,0,4.47,0,28.58,13.24,0,1.03,10.76,0,34.42,0.23
    W-Sicily3,6.69,0.09,4.53,0,28.83,12.64,0,0.47,12.19,0.18,34.27,0.12
    W-Sicily5a,8.76,0,3.46,0.89,26.50,13.84,0,1.77,11.65,0.13,33.00,0
    W-Sicily9,7.47,0.24,4.26,0,28.88,13.07,0,0.77,14.72,0,30.48,0.10
    W-Sicily21,7.06,0,4.17,0.98,27.98,11.07,0.07,2.67,11.80,0,33.88,0.32
    Ag-Sicily5,8.11,0,4.73,0,29.88,12.05,0,0.88,11.66,0,32.68,0
    Ag-Sicily8,7.44,0.30,5.18,0.40,27.65,13.74,0.05,0.70,12.31,0,31.71,0.52
    Salento, a big thank you, great work!

    Have you seen these?

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/geo/que...i?acc=GSE53626


    GSM1297338 SouthItalian4
    GSM1297339 SouthItalian5
    GSM1297340 SouthItalian6
    GSM1297341 SouthItalian7
    GSM1297342 SouthItalian8
    GSM1297343 SouthItalian9
    GSM1297344 SouthItalian10
    GSM1297345 SouthItalian11
    GSM1297346 SouthItalian12
    GSM1297347 SouthItalian13
    GSM1297348 SouthItalian14
    GSM1297349 SouthItalian15
    GSM1297350 SouthItalian16
    GSM1297351 SouthItalian17
    GSM1297352 SouthItalian18
    GSM1297335 SouthItalian1
    GSM1297336 SouthItalian2
    GSM1297337 SouthItalian3

    GSM1297438 EastSicilian1
    GSM1297439 EastSicilian2
    GSM1297440 EastSicilian3
    GSM1297441 EastSicilian4
    GSM1297442 EastSicilian5
    GSM1297443 EastSicilian6
    GSM1297444 EastSicilian7
    GSM1297445 EastSicilian8
    GSM1297446 EastSicilian9
    GSM1297447 EastSicilian10
    GSM1297448 WestSicilian1
    GSM1297449 WestSicilian2
    GSM1297450 WestSicilian3
    GSM1297451 WestSicilian4
    GSM1297452 WestSicilian5
    GSM1297453 WestSicilian6
    GSM1297454 WestSicilian7
    GSM1297455 WestSicilian8
    GSM1297456 WestSicilian9
    GSM1297457 WestSicilian10

    GSM1297484 Greek12
    GSM1297485 Greek13
    GSM1297486 Greek14
    GSM1297487 Greek15
    GSM1297488 Greek16
    GSM1297489 Greek17
    GSM1297490 Greek18
    GSM1297491 Greek19
    GSM1297492 Greek20

    GSM1297371 Greek4
    GSM1297372 Greek5
    GSM1297373 Greek6
    GSM1297374 Greek7
    GSM1297375 Greek8
    GSM1297376 Greek9
    GSM1297377 Greek10
    GSM1297378 Greek11

  15. #840
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    5,383

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    @Pax ... I didn't, ... maybe the Piemonte samples are from a Corsica paper, ... 9 ItalyPiedmont, 2 Piedmont, 7Tuscany, ...


    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-49901-8

  16. #841
    Moderator Pax Augusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Location
    Ara Pacis
    Posts
    1,636


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    @Pax ... I didn't, ... maybe the Piemonte samples are from a Corsica paper, ... 9 ItalyPiedmont, 2 Piedmont, 7Tuscany, ...


    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-49901-8

    I don't know, but it is possible and most likely only the Corsicans are the new samples analyzed in this study, while all the others, including the Italians, are samples from previous studies.

  17. #842
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,873

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Pax Augusta View Post
    Whoever made them are not aberrant anyway, the big picture is more or less the same. To be nitpicky even these samples that come from Raveane 2019 have some problems. One would really have to wonder what is the point of releasing only one Ligurian sample, and not releasing any Piedmontese or Emilan samples. It would also have been helpful if it published information about the exact origin of the various samples. In northeastern Italy, there is quite a difference between the Po Valley, the Pre-Alps, the Alps, and language minorities. Personally, I care about accuracy more than the rest.

    In any case, great work, as usual on your part. And a big thank you to Salento.
    I hope even more samples processed will resolve the issues of under sampling and absence of samples.

  18. #843
    Moderator Pax Augusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Location
    Ara Pacis
    Posts
    1,636


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I hope even more samples processed will resolve the issues of under sampling and absence of samples.
    Yes, I agree but anyway the picture is already clear. What we need are more ancient samples from prehistoric and protohistoric Italy. So far only a few areas have been covered.

  19. #844
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,873

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Here is the PCA with the new Sicilian samples posted by Salento.


  20. #845
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,873

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Here are my results with the multi tab:


  21. #846
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    10-05-19
    Posts
    1,294

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2-M223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2A3

    Ethnic group
    Italian-Sicily-South
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Jovialis: Thanks for the PCA in post #84.

  22. #847
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    5,383

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I think that many of the samples I posted on #832 are the same samples that @Pax listed on #839, ... the samples were re-named and recycled for another study, ... see below.



    ITS is the SouthItalian of Post #839

    Code:
    ITS2,10.04,0,1.14,0,27.18,15.93,0.93,0,11.33,0.26,33.19,0
    ITS4,8.05,0,5.16,0,26.62,12.04,0,0,11.74,0.62,35.77,0
    ITS5,5.86,1.35,2.20,0,30.35,16.61,0.65,0.06,11.71,0.58,30.45,0.19
    ITS7,9.63,0,2.78,0.45,28.77,16.43,0,0.89,12.03,0,29.02,0






  23. #848
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    6,873

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    I think that many of the samples I posted on #832 are the same samples that @Pax listed on #839, ... the samples were re-named and recycled for another study, ... see below.



    ITS is the SouthItalian of Post #839

    Code:
    ITS2,10.04,0,1.14,0,27.18,15.93,0.93,0,11.33,0.26,33.19,0
    ITS4,8.05,0,5.16,0,26.62,12.04,0,0,11.74,0.62,35.77,0
    ITS5,5.86,1.35,2.20,0,30.35,16.61,0.65,0.06,11.71,0.58,30.45,0.19
    ITS7,9.63,0,2.78,0.45,28.77,16.43,0,0.89,12.03,0,29.02,0





    Great work once again,

    Here is a PCA with those new samples. I am fairly close to ITS7, any idea where that one is from?


  24. #849
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    5,383

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Great work once again,

    Here is a PCA with those new samples. I am fairly close to ITS7, any idea where that one is from?

    ITS7 is from Crispiano, Province of Taranto, ... Puglia :)

    ITS2 Naples
    ITS4 Naples
    ITS5 Salerno
    ITS7 Crispiano

    Last edited by Salento; 24-05-22 at 13:29. Reason: spelling

  25. #850
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    25-12-21
    Posts
    424

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2B2-L283/Z638

    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post


    Here is the PCA with all of the samples organized by region.
    You flip this 90 degrees and you essentially get the Italian "boot". It's interesting to see Albanians across the pond plot a little more north than they are geographically. I'm assuming without the Slavic/Gothic input they'd plot with Abruzzo.


  26. #851
    Moderator Pax Augusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-06-14
    Location
    Ara Pacis
    Posts
    1,636


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: Italy



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    I think that many of the samples I posted on #832 are the same samples that @Pax listed on #839, ... the samples were re-named and recycled for another study, ... see below.
    Yes, it is absolutely possible, the samples are very often the same for years that from time to time are renamed in a different way in the studies. When the samples are really new it is specified in the study (also because it takes money to analyze new ones).

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •