Population structure in Italy using ancient and modern samples

Well, I think it does have a lot to do with the repudiation of the Nordicist concept of Romans. Many looked like Mediterranean Southern Europeans, at least by the time of Julius Caesar. As in not pale, anglo-saxon/germans. Sorry you had a conniption fit over the last part. Granted, that is PC-nonsense. But It was not the part I'd thought people would zero-in on. Jeez, you shouldn't get so worked up, it is bad for your health.

We all have bias, and beliefs etc. But i trust science, method and rigor. But i feel Millenials ( wich i am ) are too rebellious and biased toward something. Contestataires as we say in French. And Political Correctness is something i'm strongly opposed, so when i see it come in into subjects with political or social repercussions such as Genomic. I become rebellious myself. Some people are not ready to understand the ultra infinite details of ancient dna and how the world was and will be bittersweet for ever.

I mean this White Supremacist discussion is non-sense as well, not every ethno-nationalist is a Julius Savola. Some peoples are just conservative to the extremes without believing that ancient mediterranean civilizations were Pleiadians. But America is a place where Donald Trump is considered White Supremacist, indeed there is extreme extremes.

We all have bias, and beliefs etc. But i trust science, method and rigor. But i feel Millenials ( wich i am ) are too rebellious and biased toward something. Contestataires as we say in French. And Political Correctness is something i'm strongly opposed, so when i see it come in into subjects with political or social repercussions such as Genomic. I become rebellious myself. Some people are not ready to understand the ultra infinite details of ancient dna and how the world was and will be bittersweet for ever.

I mean this White Supremacist discussion is non-sense as well, not every ethno-nationalist is a Julius Savola. Some peoples are just conservative to the extremes without believing that ancient mediterranean civilizations were Pleiadians. But America is a place where Donald Trump is considered White Supremacist, indeed there is extreme extremes.

Well, what ever anyone believes, the point is to be civil. People can believe in what ever they want. What they can't do is act stridently, aggressive, and accusatory when they see something they do not agree with. Had you articulated your point in a non-hostile manner, it would have been perfectly fine. Incivility/rebelliousness, and ad hominems are completely inappropriate, and will be stopped.

Last edited:
Well, what ever anyone believes, the point is to be civil. People can believe in what ever they want. What they can't do is act stridently, aggressive, and accusatory when they see something they do not agree with. Had you articulated your point in a non-hostile manner, it would have been perfectly fine.

Yes i'm sorry, i first thought you put this article in provocative way, like " heil political correctness and affirmative action ". I dont really take the nordic mediterraneans white marble hypothesis seriously, so i thought the main point was the PC one.

@halfalp imo You have exceeded the Anti-American Bias threshold long ago.

Speak for yourself about: “We all have bias, and beliefs etc”.

Yes. In fact he considers that we all have a bias. Once he said that I have a black bias. That I exalt blackness. I think he should reflect a little on his own biases, maybe together with his own students. He should do a catharsis and review your own concepts.

then, some Greeks were indeed dumb, they used different kinds of marble if it was to sculpt white tunics or tanned skin like with Aesculapius of Emporion, just to paint over the marble. But, yes, I must be a white supremacist by writting down this kind of info. Please by political correctness paint all Greek statues, provide a leaf to those naked.

Yes. In fact he considers that we all have a bias. Once he said that I have a black bias. That I exalt blackness. I think he should reflect a little on his own biases, maybe together with his own students. He should do a catharsis and review your own concepts.

Are you not talking only about SSA ancestry?

You mean Europeans cannot juge America, but Americans can juge Europe because they originally came from there?

You mean Europeans cannot juge America, but Americans can juge Europe because they originally came from there?

Not at all, Read my previous post.

Not at all, Read my previous post.

Well i'm not anti-american at all, most of my culture comes from there. But what Jovialis quoted.

who ever seriously thought they were nordics, thats just an idiotic meme..

The main thing I wanted to highlight was that the article specifically denied the interpretation of older historians like Tenny Frank and Tacitus. Whose influence was long lasting. I thought it was pertinent to the discussion, and could give some insight to the Moots paper. Since the author retweeted it.

I agree, the author is a strident in her tone. I think using phrases like lily white are needlessly inflammatory. It would have been sufficient to just address her points.

Last edited:
The main thing I wanted to highlight was that the article specifically denied the interpretation of older historians like Tenny Frank and Tacitus. Whose influence was long lasting. I thought it was pertinent to the discussion, and could give some insight to the Moots paper. Since the author retweeted it.

I agree the author is a strident in her tone. I think using phrases like lily white is needlessly inflammatory. It would have been sufficient to just address her points.

And obviously, she is white herself. Good Era to be a Psychiatrist.

Don't worry, the real white supremacists would not accept you.

don't worry by that, I also don't accept supremacists, no matter the colour or ethnicity.

Well , this thread was going very far from the track. LOL.
Just to come back to it, if I d'ont mistake, one of the big questions is the Etruscans Italics question (and Greeks too?).
I have no kee to date. But to come back to posts about the links between ethnicity, genomics and languages, I can say that if a period in those times has been sowing trouble in these relationships, it's the Urnfields one, I think, where maybe religion, surpopulation have had a big role; maybe too gener unbalanced moves -
the phenomenon has showed introgressions, demic moves or/and cultural shift, more or less /brutalgradual or important according to places. My impression is that the origin IS NOT AMONG TUMULI POPS of West but rather in Hungary; we have some clues for this.
maybe Latins, Faliscans came before Etruscans and Osco-Ombrians, here I 've no clue.
Were Etruscans more linked to Late Pallafitti Piledwellings people (I would have linked rather to ancestors of Ligurians lately indoeuropeanized, now I do'nt know) or did they came later from more East at Urnfield times and just-post-Urnfields times , with, or followed or "patchworked" with later Osco-Ombrians?
What I'm almost sure of is that Urnfields is a multi-ethnic move with more than a step, that even Latins stayed closer to ancestors of Greeks than did the first Celts, and that Etruscans have some link with Urnfields.To date we have no sufficient genetic data to judge and it's this game of bets which please me!
Arguments, ladies and gentlemen? (for the fun only, waiting for valuable data)

This thread has been viewed 327267 times.

Back