Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: A predicted male first cousin, similar T yDNA, no shared X

  1. #1
    Thorr vigi Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thorbjorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-14
    Location
    NJ @ the shore
    Posts
    44
    Points
    3,825
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,825, Level: 17
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV4a

    Ethnic group
    European-American, mostly Italian & Sicilian
    Country: United States



    A predicted male first cousin, similar T yDNA, no shared X

    Someone, male, I don't know comes up at the top of my DNA Relatives list at 23andMe. He is predicted to be a first cousin. My Y haplogroup is T1a1a. His is listed as L-131, which I think is T1a2. We don't share any X, which I believe means we are paternal relatives. The Shared cM Project 3.0 tool v4 predicts any of these relationships:

    • Great-Grandparent
    • Great-Aunt / Uncle Half Aunt / Uncle
    • 1C
    • Half Niece / Nephew
    • Great-Niece / Nephew
    • Great-Grandchild
    • Great-Great-Grandparent
    • Great-Great-Aunt / Uncle
    • Great-Great-Niece / Nephew
    • Half Great-Aunt / Uncle
    • Half Great-Niece / Nephew
    • 1C1R
    • Half 1C

    I think it's pretty safe to rule out most of them except
    • 1C
    • Half Niece / Nephew
    • 1C1R
    • Half 1C
    • Great-Niece / Nephew

    My DNA test was with the V4 chip. So is it possible that we share a close and/or direct male ancestor if our T subclades are different? Or if my test were done with the V5 chip might it show I'm actually T1a2? Is that possible? I'm still learning about all this, all the more complicated as I find more DNA relatives, the results of the tests become more accurate, and many people include little to no information on their profiles.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,680
    Points
    28,355
    Level
    51
    Points: 28,355, Level: 51
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 80.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    A predicted male first cousin, similar T yDNA, no shared X

    In this case the Y T Haplogroup is not the cause of a 1st Cousin, or any other close relation.
    T1a1a (L208) and T1a2 (L131) are on a different branch of Tree (Ancient Relation).




    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...-M184_tree.png
    But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

  3. #3
    Thorr vigi Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thorbjorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-14
    Location
    NJ @ the shore
    Posts
    44
    Points
    3,825
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,825, Level: 17
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV4a

    Ethnic group
    European-American, mostly Italian & Sicilian
    Country: United States



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I thought it might be coincidence.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,120
    Points
    29,699
    Level
    52
    Points: 29,699, Level: 52
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbjorn View Post
    Someone, male, I don't know comes up at the top of my DNA Relatives list at 23andMe. He is predicted to be a first cousin. My Y haplogroup is T1a1a. His is listed as L-131, which I think is T1a2. We don't share any X, which I believe means we are paternal relatives. The Shared cM Project 3.0 tool v4 predicts any of these relationships:

    • Great-Grandparent
    • Great-Aunt / Uncle Half Aunt / Uncle
    • 1C
    • Half Niece / Nephew
    • Great-Niece / Nephew
    • Great-Grandchild
    • Great-Great-Grandparent
    • Great-Great-Aunt / Uncle
    • Great-Great-Niece / Nephew
    • Half Great-Aunt / Uncle
    • Half Great-Niece / Nephew
    • 1C1R
    • Half 1C

    I think it's pretty safe to rule out most of them except
    • 1C
    • Half Niece / Nephew
    • 1C1R
    • Half 1C
    • Great-Niece / Nephew

    My DNA test was with the V4 chip. So is it possible that we share a close and/or direct male ancestor if our T subclades are different? Or if my test were done with the V5 chip might it show I'm actually T1a2? Is that possible? I'm still learning about all this, all the more complicated as I find more DNA relatives, the results of the tests become more accurate, and many people include little to no information on their profiles.
    T1a1 and T1a2 split apart 15400 BP .......thats a long time ago.
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

    when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,680
    Points
    28,355
    Level
    51
    Points: 28,355, Level: 51
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 80.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    A predicted male first cousin, similar T yDNA, no shared X

    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    T1a1 and T1a2 split apart 15400 BP .......thats a long time ago.
    The good old days! LOL
    I was looking at the Tree, and between T1a1 and T1a2 there is unconfirmed “Unstable snp”.

  6. #6
    Thorr vigi Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thorbjorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-14
    Location
    NJ @ the shore
    Posts
    44
    Points
    3,825
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,825, Level: 17
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV4a

    Ethnic group
    European-American, mostly Italian & Sicilian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    T1a1 and T1a2 split apart 15400 BP .......thats a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    The good old days! LOL
    I was looking at the Tree, and between T1a1 and T1a2 there is unconfirmed “Unstable snp”.
    I saw that tree picture. Pretty fascinating. Instead of focusing only on my paternal line I guess I have my maternal line to explore also to find this person.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Joey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Location
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Posts
    309
    Points
    3,731
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,731, Level: 17
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 27.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-YP445
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c2b

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic
    Country: USA - Rhode Island



    I have a guy on my mother's side who has the same haplogroup I have, and it's a really precise definition-R1a YP445, or R1a1a1b1a1b1d.

  8. #8
    Thorr vigi Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thorbjorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-11-14
    Location
    NJ @ the shore
    Posts
    44
    Points
    3,825
    Level
    17
    Points: 3,825, Level: 17
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 7.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    HV4a

    Ethnic group
    European-American, mostly Italian & Sicilian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbjorn View Post
    I saw that tree picture. Pretty fascinating. Instead of focusing only on my paternal line I guess I have my maternal line to explore also to find this person.
    I think he actually is a paternal relative. He shares 4.6% and 2.3% DNA with two people who are unquestionably in my father's family... his grandson from his fling when he was 21 or 22, and the great-granddaughter of my father's sister, both of whom are high matches with me. This is getting pretty interesting. :)

  9. #9
    Regular Member Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,120
    Points
    29,699
    Level
    52
    Points: 29,699, Level: 52
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    The good old days! LOL
    I was looking at the Tree, and between T1a1 and T1a2 there is unconfirmed “Unstable snp”.
    on facebook ( T haplogroup ) Gareth Henson explains this "unstable SNP.......I will try to find it for you ....................ftdna might not be correct in placing it in the tree.
    .
    still looking......but the unstable SNP is Z19859 ...........according to Mr. Banks from Isogg, it comprises of 2 snp from T1a2 group....L131 and L454
    I am positive for L131 , but negative for L454 .............that is my "instability" ................really do not know what Z19859 is for or is it necessary to be even in the T tree

  10. #10
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,680
    Points
    28,355
    Level
    51
    Points: 28,355, Level: 51
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 80.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    on facebook ( T haplogroup ) Gareth Henson explains this "unstable SNP.......I will try to find it for you ....................ftdna might not be correct in placing it in the tree.
    .
    still looking......but the unstable SNP is Z19859 ...........according to Mr. Banks from Isogg, it comprises of 2 snp from T1a2 group....L131 and L454
    I am positive for L131 , but negative for L454 .............that is my "instability" ................really do not know what Z19859 is for or is it necessary to be even in the T tree
    Thanks Sile.
    For now Z19859 is located right on top of L131 (all L131 are presumed positive for Z19859).

    I’m also positive for L131 and Negative for L454.

    If it’s real, T1a1 and T1a2 are both positive for Z19859. I Think. Maybe?


  11. #11
    Regular Member Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,120
    Points
    29,699
    Level
    52
    Points: 29,699, Level: 52
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    Thanks Sile.
    For now Z19859 is located right on top of L131 (all L131 are presumed positive for Z19859).

    I’m also positive for L131 and Negative for L454.

    If it’s real, T1a1 and T1a2 are both positive for Z19859. I Think. Maybe?

    The Chios/ionion greeks/anatolians with T1a2 have positive L454 ...........most of the central europe T1a2 do not have L454
    I will check with all who are in my ftdna zero and 1 distance matches

  12. #12
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,680
    Points
    28,355
    Level
    51
    Points: 28,355, Level: 51
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 80.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    The Chios/ionion greeks/anatolians with T1a2 have positive L454 ...........most of the central europe T1a2 do not have L454
    I will check with all who are in my ftdna zero and 1 distance matches
    As you know, we’re both negative for L454 (L162).


  13. #13
    Regular Member Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,120
    Points
    29,699
    Level
    52
    Points: 29,699, Level: 52
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    ok...Mr. Henson said
    Z19859 sits right in the middle of DYZ19 region which is harder to sequence. In Yfull one has a mixture of C and G reads.
    haplogroup T2 ( Bhutan and armenia ) and T1a3 ( oldest origin in south Kazakhstan ) are clean of the SNP , while T1a1 and T1a2 have mixed reads for this.
    So, Z19859 could be equal to M70 ..........Z19859 is over 16k years ago
    .
    .
    Looked at mine in yFull, I am G to C on 88 reads

  14. #14
    Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    03-04-18
    Posts
    3
    Points
    549
    Level
    5
    Points: 549, Level: 5
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 2.0%


    Country: United States



    My maternal uncle/grandfather as T-CTS6507 stemming from T-M70 (T1a1).

    Any information on this subclade?

    We are Ashkenazi Jewish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •