Paleo Balkan Languages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not expecting something wise, or something scientific from someone who posted,
that the languages spoken at 1rst Century AD, must critisized under the 'eye' of Sevres' treaty of 20th century,

what else can someone expect ?

Offcourse,

Dal-mat,

Dals = sea, als = sea

comprare makedonian language, Hesychius, Δαλ-αγχαν = sea

GUYS

I am tired of Stupidity and LIES,

LETS SEE,

STRABO 7 7 8
Appianos civil wars 2.9

want more?

I sugest search why malcom's Noel's book is considered trash,
what he hide in his book at 1990's

DAL-MATia = sea lands according Hesychius and NW Greek dialects or maybe Brygian.
compare Mat-Dei-a Ematheia Gods lands
Mat or Mati is a toponym used even today for land limits,
and has nothing to do with Albanian Delme,

according Hesychius Dalaghan = sea in Makedonian language (NW Greek dialects) Δαλ-αγχαν

If Ptolemy is right,
Then Albanopolis is today Greece W Makedonia
and Skodra is a dwelling of Daco-Thracians known as Germidawa

Appianus believes that Epidamnos, later Dyrrachium was a connection among Greek and Brygians,
he believes that Dyrrachium before taulantes was inhabited by Brygians,

The last of Brygians are mentioned at Lychnitis lake (Ohrid) and at Mygdonians, 2 powerfull places of Makedonian Kingdom,

Yetos, what exactly STRABO 7 7 8 Appianos civil wars 2.9 say?

I don't know what you intend by 'race', but we are indeed Europeans and Caucasians. Perhaps you mean subraces, like Dinaric, Mediterranean, Alpine, Baltic, etc. in which again we Balkanites are a blend of them all, some more and some less in specific ones.

Well yeah, the invaders came from the North, so people obviously were forced to go South. Later on of course there were movements in all directions but not as dramatic as a bunch of barbarians chasing you for being Roman/non-Slavic lol

I can speak about Albanians that the majority of us have a more Northern origin than our current location and the 37 markers dna test seem to support that. We mostly replaced each other with the final destinations being Greece and then from there to Italy.

Greeks did the same by going to Italy, so there you have a Northern shift without even having to include Slavs and Vlachs as a factor.

Personally, I wish that was the case but the R1a is mostly of recent North-East European origin not the ancient one that was found in the Thracian.

If anyone is curious enough, go and check the Albanian bloodline group and notice how in the Minorities section the vast majority of Greeks and Vlachs are I2a-Din and R1a, yet they're the most hardcore Greeks.

About the neo-nations, Yes and No. There have been Albanians, Serbs, Greeks, Bulgarians, Croatians for 1000 years or more but of course you can't expect Albanians for instance to have been strong and numerous enough to compete with the Byzantine or Ottoman Empire and remain completely independent inside a nation called specifically Albania. Unless Neo means 2000 years or less than yes, we are all neo nations but not so neo people.

In the end, it's the people that matter even though politics and religion are known to have manipulated people's decisions in the Balkans.

Personally, I'm only interested in the people not the nation or the language. Those can be changed easily just like political parties or football clubs. Look at the guy in your picture for example, reddish beard, Albanian looking, radical Greek, all is missing is a genetic test and if he ends up being I2a and R1a like most, it would be the perfect script for a comedy movie on the Balkans.
''Invaders come from the North'' ha but there is still haplogroup I there

Since classical times Northern tribes were always seen as barbarians invaders those with blonde hair were the invaders etc

You know that I and J are linked together similar Cro Magnon.

Since classical times Northern tribes were always seen as barbarians invaders those with blonde hair were the invaders etc

You know that I and J are linked together similar Cro Magnon.
Are you sure you're in the right thread answering to the right person? Tough New Years Eve?

Location in 1st Century BC

WvPVD1f.png

I have a question for people with more knowledges in this forum. There is a problem with the map of this smerdalos. If we accept his/their map as correct, how did we arrived at the situation described in the maps below:

Praetorian prefecture of Italy

The praetorian prefecture of Italy (Latin: Praefectura praetorio Italiae, in its full form (until 356) praefectura praetorio Italiae, Illyrici et Africae) was one of four Praetorian prefectures into which the Late Roman Empire was divided. It comprised the Italian peninsula, the Western Balkans, the Danubian provinces and parts of North Africa. The Prefecture's seat moved from Rome to Milan and finally, Ravenna.
Praetorian_Prefectures_of_the_Roman_Empire_395_AD.png

Praetorian prefectures of the Roman Empire in 395 AD.

Praetorian prefecture of Illyricum

The praetorian prefecture of Illyricum (Latin: praefectura praetorio per Illyricum; Greek: ἐπαρχότης/ὑπαρχία [τῶν πραιτωρίων] τοῦ Ἰλλυρικοῦ, also termed simply the Prefecture of Illyricum) was one of four praetorian prefectures into which the Late Roman Empire was divided.
The administrative centre of the prefecture was Sirmium (375-379), and, after 379, Thessalonica.[1][2] It took its name from the older province of Illyricum, which in turn was named after ancient Illyria, and in its greatest expanse encompassed Pannonia, Noricum, Crete, and most of the Balkan peninsula except for Thrace.

Prefecture_of_Illyricum_map.png

The praetorian prefecture of Illyricum (375-379)

oh boy,

why in every forum there must an 'allien'?

I have a question for people with more knowledges in this forum. There is a problem with the map of this smerdalos. If we accept his/their map as correct, how did we arrived at the situation described in the maps below:

Prefecture_of_Illyricum_map.png

The praetorian prefecture of Illyricum (375-379)

@ Laberia ?

What is this? map of the megali Albania? a map of the great Albania? :LOL:

offcourse, you are always right

and that was a homogenous, one language, preferacture, inhabited only by Illyrians

is n't that right laberia?

Tell me plz were the people in this preferacture also same looking? one phenotype?
v1.bjsyMDA5MDg1O2o7MTc5MzM7MTIwMDsxNTAwOzIxNjc

LABERIA,

this nation on your map,
which was homogenous, pure race, one language, one phenotype,

Did they also went to the moon?

hqdefault.jpg

PS,
nice arguement, (y)
you almost convist us, :LOL:

Btw
Why your map is saying Albania in the Caspian sea? and not in Illyricum?
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Albanians are not Illyrians?
:LOL: :LOL::LOL:

Thank, you, you made my day,

@ Laberia ?

What is this? map of the megali Albania? a map of the great Albania? :LOL:

offcourse, you are always right

and that was a homogenous, one language, preferacture, inhabited only by Illyrians

is n't that right laberia?

Tell me plz were the people in this preferacture also same looking? one phenotype?
v1.bjsyMDA5MDg1O2o7MTc5MzM7MTIwMDsxNTAwOzIxNjc

LABERIA,

this nation on your map,
which was homogenous, pure race, one language, one phenotype,

Did they also went to the moon?

hqdefault.jpg

PS,
nice arguement, (y)
you almost convist us, :LOL:

Btw
Why your map is saying Albania in the Caspian sea? and not in Illyricum?
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Albanians are not Illyrians?
:LOL: :LOL::LOL:

Thank, you, you made my day,
It was not a question for you, but:
I have a question for people with more knowledges in this forum.
The question for you was this:

I have a better guestion for you with so much knowledge,

Why Albania in your map is outside Illyricum? ??? ????

Stay on topic Yetos.
Show your deep knowledge and your exceptional intelligence with your answer.

Because there was no land called Albania in Balkan in that time.It was called PRAFECTURA ILLYRICUM.Then switched to Arbnia/Arberia (Albania to westerners) in middle ages.

Stay on topic Yetos.

Show your deep knowledge and your exceptional intelligence with your answer.

you still avoid answer the question,
As also this land preferactura Illyricum,
was after a homogenous nation, one phenotype, one language, etc etc?

plz inform us.

you still avoid answer the question,
As also this land preferactura Illyricum,
was after a homogenous nation, one phenotype, one language, etc etc?

plz inform us.

I was very clear in my answer, it was not a question for you.

Yetos, come on file. I'm interested in the topic of Paleo Balkan languages. I don't want another interesting closed thread because of this.

We both speak Paleo Balkan languages and have Paleo Balkan yDNA, with the difference of me wanting to be Albanian and you Greek.

Can you contribute with information on the language of the Makedonians.

I'm personally considering the possibility that Epirus and Makedonia have some links to Brygian together with Paeonian.

Wow, so Lazaridis begins to show his total ignorance of the subject. He shared that stupid Balkan insight article everyone who knows nothing on the subject shares. This is the depth
of his knowledge on the matter. Either he is entirely ignorant, or he has malicious intentions.

This is outrageous coming from a Harvard scholar.

3rqQCSr.png

How the hell does LACONIAN greek have albanian loanwards in the 7th century BC if Albanian comes from medival migration? This is absurd i am extremely enraged to have my
worst suspicions about this guy confirmed

I wrote earlier about the words that were spoken south of the Danube to the Balkan Mountains in the VI century. In the Balkan area, the language in which are spoken reminds present romance-language like Romanian, and to a less extent also Bulgarian, Serbian, Albanian, Macedonian and Greek.
There are other documents from the sixth century or early, that remind first a Slavic (or other type except Greek or Latin) languages spoken in the Balkans?

One can discuss discuss anonymous writings on their own merits. Dienekes is a great example of an anonymous amateur who figured a great many things out while most established academics were still stumbling in the dark.

That doesn't mean that academic accomplishment, peer review etc. aren't usually reasonable indicators of quality.
A famous English historian of the twentieth century, Edward Carr, has said:
"Study the historian before you begin to study the facts."
But when he gave this important advice, he talked about people with names and surnames, because he could not know that in the future there would be this new category of "scholars", the anonymous of the twenty-first century.

Wow, so Lazaridis begins to show his total ignorance of the subject. He shared that stupid Balkan insight article everyone who knows nothing on the subject shares. This is the depth
of his knowledge on the matter. Either he is entirely ignorant, or he has malicious intentions.

This is outrageous coming from a Harvard scholar.

3rqQCSr.png

What we know for sure is that the family of this Lazaridis was translocated from Pontus region in Greece during the XX century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 64135 times.

Back