R1b1b2 ethnic origin?

R1b1b2 ethnic origin?
Good question, but it is too rare and there is too little data to answer with any confidence.
From the little data there is, my guess would be Anatolian going back to at least the Iron Age, and possibly the Neolithic, but it depends on what you mean by origin. It is defined by 14 equivalent SNPs, suggesting it 'originated' over a period of anything up to 2,500 years.

I think that R1b1b2 descended indo european invaders such as hittites.

No idea but Hittites seems very unlikely. In general, migrating peoples are usually nomadic, and nomadic societies are much less numerous than settled ones. The same can be seen in Turkey with the Turkish migration, who only left somewhere between 10-15% genetic trace among Turkey's population, but Turkic culture became pretty dominant in Turkey. In the case of Hittites, most of their cultural rites were taken from the native Hattians. Considering that the migrating culture was swallowed up by the native culture, it is safe to say that the overwhelming majority of the so-called Hittites were genetically not related to the Hittites before they migrated. R1B and R1A are also encountered in Georgia (together the two are around 25%), which was almost untouched by IE migration. If the 25% came from migration, they would leave a noticeable trace, but I am pretty sure that R1B was a haplogroup that has existed in Anatolia and the Caucasus way before PIE even formed. It is likely that R1B ended up among PIE as a result of a migration from the Caucasus.

R1b must have been Basque-speakers somewhere in Asia, although I don't exclude the possibility that there could have been other languages / peoples of R1b. These basque-speakers were pratially Alpine race of Pamir and partially Redhaired freckling, came into Europe, where they were indoeuropeanized by autochthonous neolithic IE. Always nomads are incorporated and assimilated into civilization, in this case barbaric nomadic R1b were assimilated into Old Europe, Basques are those R1b who didnt lost language.

Later Basque lost red hair because they were settled in hot climate place, while others in central and north-western europe saved red hair but lost basque language. These were of Alpine type, Celto-Italic family, for this alpine type you can read Carleton Coon.

R1b must have been Basque-speakers somewhere in Asia, although I don't exclude the possibility that there could have been other languages / peoples of R1b. These basque-speakers were pratially Alpine race of Pamir and partially Redhaired freckling, came into Europe, where they were indoeuropeanized by autochthonous neolithic IE. Always nomads are incorporated and assimilated into civilization, in this case barbaric nomadic R1b were assimilated into Old Europe, Basques are those R1b who didnt lost language.

Later Basque lost red hair because they were settled in hot climate place, while others in central and north-western europe saved red hair but lost basque language. These were of Alpine type, Celto-Italic family, for this alpine type you can read Carleton Coon.

You are missing a lot there. R1b was in Europe and predate largely the Neolithic Europe. None of them had Red Hairs, most of them were not Alpine ( brachycephalic ) but Dolicocephalic.
The oldest R1b found anywhere to date is Villabruna 1 in North Italy. Most of Baltic, Balkans, and Eastern Europe was populated by R1b people in the Mesolithic and they were all Dark Haired and Dolicocephalic.

I am R1b from Southern India. Not sure , this is pre-historic or just contribution from the British/French in the last two centuries. But our language tamil is agglutinative (non indo-european) and people talk about Basque and Hungarian/Finnic in this context. Asko Parpola is a major Finn Tamil scholar.

I am R1b from Southern India. Not sure , this is pre-historic or just contribution from the British/French in the last two centuries. But our language tamil is agglutinative (non indo-european) and people talk about Basque and Hungarian/Finnic in this context. Asko Parpola is a major Finn Tamil scholar.

What subclade of R1b are you?

What subclade of R1b are you?

Halfalp,
Geno 2.0 list my paternal lineage as follows -
P305 > M42 > M168 > P143 > M89 > M578 > P128 > M526 > M45 > M207 > P231 > M343 > M269 > P310 > P312 > U152 > L2 > L20
But they summarize it as R-L144.
Per the haplogroup tree it is -
R1b1a2a1a1b3c1

Halfalp,
Geno 2.0 list my paternal lineage as follows -
P305 > M42 > M168 > P143 > M89 > M578 > P128 > M526 > M45 > M207 > P231 > M343 > M269 > P310 > P312 > U152 > L2 > L20
But they summarize it as R-L144.
Per the haplogroup tree it is -
R1b1a2a1a1b3c1

Ah yeah we already discussed on the R1b-L2 thread. Yeah no, your lineage is too recent for having any prehistoric link, or if it has, it's pretty crazy. You probably have a recent British/French male ancestor.

Ah yeah we already discussed on the R1b-L2 thread. Yeah no, your lineage is too recent for having any prehistoric link, or if it has, it's pretty crazy. You probably have a recent British/French male ancestor.
Yes, may be I should have not mentioned it. But there is so much going on between the relationship of tamil with other agglutinative languages. One recent theory I have read is it must have spread along the sea route.There are Japanese and Korean scholars who think those languages have a tamil substratum.

This thread has been viewed 7249 times.

Back