Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Shall we adopt a Human Era calendar?

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.

Question Shall we adopt a Human Era calendar?

Two years ago Kurzgesagt proposed a new calendar that would start 10,000 years before the Common Era, around the time when agriculture started in the Fertile Crescent and the hunter-gatherers of Göbekli Tepe erected the world's first stone temple. They argued that this would be a more universal calendar than those in use today and would give a better appreciation of the time lapse since humans settled down. It would also greatly facilitate dating for archaeologists and historians, getting rid of the BC/BCE or BP terminology altogether for anything from the Neolithic/Mesolithic onward.

They have published their Human Era calendar for 2017, 2018 and 2019 (or 12,017, 12,018 and 12,019 HE). Please check the video.

My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Spammer Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Yes. I think it's a good idea.

I do not like the commercial side. It should take a decision at international level.

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Obviously not, what's the point.