Where does the Albanian language come from? [VIDEO]

Why would Albanian E-V13 of come from Bulgaria or Central Balkans supposedly without explaining the E-V13 in Balkan Slavs and their insigificant J2b2-L283 and R1b-Z2103 , makes absolutely no sense. We don't even have E-V13 in Macedonia Iron Age but we do in Eastern Serbia from the Roman period. Why is it so hard to accept E-V13 is a lineage that got assimilated into Albanians/Illyrians ?

Or J2b got assimilated by E-V13(+Rb1) incomers. The question that you should ask yourself is, why is all the endless contradictory data being twisted to explain Illyrian continuity, why the endless mental gymnastics, and endless troll accounts.

Euapator please note the Hungarian Dardanii-Thracian profile is one individual, I edited my post and it should show this ID and value:
Code:
Hungary_Medieval_Avar_Period_Early_(BA-IA_Southern_Balkan_Profile):I16750,0.1161,0.159438,0.004148,-0.046835,0.022158,-0.024263,-0.00611,0.001846,0.004295,0.040639,-0.004222,0.009442,-0.015907,0.010597,-0.020901,0.004375,0.0339,0.007475,0.008045,-0.013632,-0.015847,0.000618,0.001849,0.005904,-0.011496

I'll answer your question if you can explain the widespread E-V13 presence among Albanians.

Then, we have the Pannonian-Illyrian issue. What was their true affinity knowing they differed on material culture from Southern Illyrians something aknowledged by Albanian archaeologists as well.

You are not answering, if you what to go for a Thracian theory, no problem, but just build one, which tribe, from where, when they moved in the Albanian alps, what is their connection to Messapic tribes. Are Messapic Thracian as well?

For Lazaridis 22
0862e47b3c91703b1445036f0516e111.jpg

the composition of the Albania population has not changed from BA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or J2b got assimilated by E-V13(+Rb1) incomers. The question that you should ask yourself is, why is all the endless contradictory data being twisted to explain Illyrian continuity, why the endless mental gymnastics, and endless troll accounts.

Euapator please note the Hungarian Dardanii-Thracian profile is one individual, I edited my post and it should show this ID and value:
Code:
Hungary_Medieval_Avar_Period_Early_(BA-IA_Southern_Balkan_Profile):I16750,0.1161,0.159438,0.004148,-0.046835,0.022158,-0.024263,-0.00611,0.001846,0.004295,0.040639,-0.004222,0.009442,-0.015907,0.010597,-0.020901,0.004375,0.0339,0.007475,0.008045,-0.013632,-0.015847,0.000618,0.001849,0.005904,-0.011496

EV13 Thracian scenario should not be ignored, so when they come to Albania from where?

Mount123, not sure in what planet are Illyrians supposed to of only been J2b2-L283. It is mind blowing how this incompetent troll keeps repeating this ''argument'' when those are samples from 1-3 tribes from Adriatic Croatia, and other samples are from one single site in Montenegro, in Albania we have J2b2-L283 and quite some R1b. Quite some R1b in Macedonia too. No samples from other proto-Illyrian cultures or from areas inhabited by Illyrians such as Bosnia, Herzegovina, Western Serbia/Central Serbia, Eastern Montenegro, Kosovo. According to this troll, Albanians must of come from South-Central Balkans because of E-V13 which is found in all Balkan Slavs as their most dominant pre-Slavic lineages, Serbian DNA project:

''Paternal Haplogroup E is among Serbs represented predominantly by its subclade V13. It is relatively uniformly distributed across Serb population in different regions, with slightly greater frequency in southern regions, like southern Serbian province of Kosovo and Metohiјa. Highest frequency of V13 in Serb population (over 50%) is recorded in eastern part of Montenegro known as Brda (“Hills”), the home of three largest Serb clans that belong to different subclades of V13: Vasojevici (PH1246>BY14151), Kuci (CTS5856>Z5018>Z16661>BY165837) and Bjelopavlici (CTS5856>Z5017>Z16988>BY155589). Another frequent subclade of V13 among Serbs that also originates from single bloodline from Montenegro is CTS5856>Z5017>Z19851>A18833. However, most diverse subclade of V13 in Serb population is CTS5856>Z5018>L241 which is distributed in all regions settled by Serbs, and unlike previously mentioned subclades, it’s represented by large number of not so numerous bloodlines. Other E subclades like V22, M84 and Z841 are represented in small percentages.''

poreklo.rs/2019/06/12/y-dna-haplogroups-of-ethnic-serbs/

E-V13 is also the most common pre-Slavic marker in Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia etc. Roman sites such Viminacium and Timacum in Serbia were also packed with E-V13. wikipedia.org/wiki/Timacum_Minus . Why on earth would the Albanian E-V13 specifically of come from Bulgaria like this other Paleo troll argues. Those samples also have R1a-Z93. Nothing suggests E-V13 is only a Thracian marker anyway.

Albanians are one of the only people that have significant amount of J2b2-L283 and R1b-Z2103 as seen among Illyrians.
I am not gonna waste my time with these trolls. Some of them keep provoking me like this ''mount123'' some fake Albanian troll, he even admitted in some posts he is not Albanian. Every Albanian should be sceptical of this troll. I cannot bother to dig up all his posting history but the guy definitely has a horse in this race.

Good bye losers.

EV13 Thracian scenario should not be ignored, so when they come to Albania from where?

For Greece, the Byzantine chroniclers refer to Dacian migrations of Vrachs from Bogdania/Moldova into Pindus, Thessaly and even the Peloponnese, starting around the 10th century A.D., although the dates are not specific.

For me personally, this is a compatible time frame for such a demographic input in peninsular Greece.

I can't say for Albania, because I am not versed in the matter.

You are not answering, if you what to go for a Thracian theory, no problem, but just build one, which tribe, from where, when they moved in the Albanian alps, what is their connection to Messapic tribes. Are Messapic Thracian as well?

For Lazaridis 22

I don't have an answer for you. The only viable connection i could find between Messapi and Thracians is that Messapi worshipped Zis, Zis was widely worshipped God among Thracians. The name for horse maz, is shared between Messapi, Albanians and Thracians. But this is too few to make any conclusion, they could be folk etymologies like Matzinger thinks is the case with some words in Albanian and Illyrian.

I don't have an answer for you. The only viable connection i could find between Messapi and Thracians is that Messapi worshipped Zis, Zis was widely worshipped God among Thracians. The name for horse maz, is shared between Messapi, Albanians and Thracians. But this is too few to make any conclusion, they could be folk etymologies like Matzinger thinks is the case with some words in Albanian and Illyrian.
Let's just start from the post itself that claims "Albanians" haven't changed since the Bronze Age. That is just a bad joke.

For Lazaridis 22

He can't answer. The only thing he knows is repeating again and again Matzinger.

He can't answer. The only thing he knows is repeating again and again Matzinger.

You are Laberia, so the same tantrums are to be expected from you. You are absolutely not interested in constructive discussions.

Here below these maggots again accuse Illyria of being the sock puppet of enter_tain:

Yeah, keep polluting these threads with sock puppet accounts like Illyria and co. dear self-proclaimed "Aryan".

Congrats Hawk, you were right this guy is indeed behind puppet accounts like "Illyria" and many others.

Also accused Excine of being the sock of Bruzmi. Apparently I am also the sock of enter_tain despite me and him have many opposing views. So who is making the most ruckus ? This mount123 dude is some anti-Albanian troll, one can clearly see this by this dudes posts, everytime someone mentions Albanians and J2b2-L283 this dude starts chimping out and starts throwing insults. Yet claims I need to seek help for making accounts on a forum I couldn't give much rats ass about. I am not the one with an identity crisis. So who needs to seek help here ? Same dude who claimed all Illyrians were J2b2-L283 but this is not what we are seeing in Iron Age Albania in Kukes in Glasinac Mati. And I expect more Glasinac Mati samples in Kosovo, Central Albania etc.

As for E-V13, allow me to quote from a book that claims plenty of Vlachs were assimilated into the Albanian, South Slavic and Serbian ethnos:

''The first of these populations to exist in Kosovo, the Vlachs, has now disappeared as a distinct group: its members have either become Serbs or moved away. Possibly this is not the first time the Vlachs of Kosovo have exited from history; the ones who were there in the nineteenth century seem to have consisted entirely of recent immigrants from further south, and there may have been no continuity between them and the Vlachs who had preceded them in the late medieval period.It was argued in Chapter 2 that Kosovo and its surrounding upland areas may have been the crucible in which the Vlach and Romanian peoples were originally formed. Nomadic or semi-nomadic Vlachs spread southwards into northern Greece from the tenth century onwards; others stayed longer in contact with Albanian-speakers and spread out northwards and eastwards, crossing the Danube into Romania in the twelfth century. Many Vlachs remained, however, in the area of Kosovo, Montenegro and Hercegovina. As we have seen, special provisions were made for pastoral Vlachs in the law code of Stefan Dusan, and Vlachs played a key role as packhorse-leaders in the trade of medieval Serbia and Ragusa. The presence of Vlachs in Kosovo is attested to in several place-names, such as Vlasko Groblje ("Vlach grave') in the Cicavica (Alb.: “icavica) range of central Kosovo; the folk traditions of many northern Albanian clans also recalled that there had been Vlachs in the mountains before the coming of the Turks. When the Ottomans compiled detailed tax-registers in the late fifteenth century, they recorded large numbers of Vlach households in Kosovo: in 1488/9 there were 481 in Prizren, 870 in Prishtina and 1,008 in Pec, and two years later another register also referred to a special tax-district for Vlachs near Vucitern''

''In the early Ottoman period the Vlachs retained the special tax status which they had enjoyed under the Serbs: pastoral Vlachs would pay one sheep and one lamb per household on St George's Day each year. They were also used as military auxiliaries, and in Kosovo, as an extension of that role, some of them were used to guard the mines. 3 During the first two Ottoman centuries, however, the Vlachs simply fade out of the records in Kosovo. We know that large numbers of them in Hercegovina, northern Serbia and north-western Bosnia were gradually Slavicized, thanks mainly to the cultural influence of the Serbian Orthodox Church, so it seems reasonable to suppose that this is what happened to most of them in Kosovo. 4 But the Vlachs have always been a very adaptable people, capable of assimilating to any local language or culture: there are a few references to Islamicized Vlachs in the early Ottoman registers for Kosovo, and in Albania many Muslim Albanian families would later preserve traditions of Vlach origins.''

''More generally, it seems that a wide swathe of Vlach- populated country extended originally from the mountains south of Prizren, through the Debar area and all the way down the eastern side of Albania: while Vlachs retained their language and identity in the southern part of this strip (in the area to the south-west of Lake Ohrid), the ones further north turned either into Slav-speakers (the Mijaci, north of Debar, and perhaps the Gora villagers too) or into Albanian-speakers (in the Debar area). 6 One rather unlikely skill developed by Vlachs in this region was the craft of stone-masonry - unlikely, that is, given their pastoral-nomadic traditions. Nevertheless, there were Vlach villages whose men specialized in masonry, and travelled far and wide to build houses, bridges and aqueducts. In the Ottoman period these crafts were also practised by Christian Albanians from eastern and central Albania: above all, Debar, Berat and Gjirokastra. All these areas had Vlach populations; whether the stone-building skills passed originally from Albanians to Vlachs or vice-versa is not clear, but it is possible that many of the Albanians who plied these trades were themselves Albanianized Vlachs.''

''At the lower end of this swathe of Vlach-inhabited territory, to the south of Lake Ohrid, a town developed in the seventeenth century which became, for a while, the most important Vlach centre in the Balkans: Moschopolis (Alb.: Voskopoja). By the early eighteenth century this flourishing town may have had 20,000 inhabitants (popular tradition would later credit it with as many as 12,000 houses, implying a much larger population); it also had a famous school and (from 1731) a printing-press. Both Vlach and Greek were spoken there; Vlach trading-houses in Moschopolis had branches in Italy, Austria and Hungary, and most of the 'Greek' merchant community in Vienna consisted in fact of Moschopolitan Vlachs. 8 All this came to an end, however, in the late eighteenth century, when bands of local Albanian Muslims (encouraged, it seems, by the Ottoman authorities in a wave of anti-Orthodox feeling during the Russian-Ottoman war of 1768-74) repeatedly pillaged and burned the town. The inhabitants fled to many other towns in Greece, Albania and Macedonia; some went to join their merchant relatives in Austria or Hungary (where a church near Budapest has frescoes by a Moschopolitan painter); and one large group moved to Prizren. 9No doubt there had been occasional influxes of Vlachs into Kosovo before this. Vlach traders would have come to the big annual fairs at Prizren and Prishtina, and pastoral Vlachs from northern Macedonia might also have brought their flocks into the south-eastern corner of Kosovo; a few Macedonian Vlachs had settled in the southern town of Ferizaj. 10 The popular word for a 'Vlach' among the Prizren Albanians was 'Gog', which means 'stone-mason': this too suggests a tradition of contact with the Vlachs of the Debar region. But it was the arrival of the refugees from Moschopolis that created a distinctive Vlach population, which seems to have attracted other Vlach migrants in the early nineteenth century from northern Greece and Macedonia, and which would retain its identity for much of the century. A few settled in villages near Prizren, but most led an urban life: by the 1830s there were roughly 2,000 Vlachs, most of them in Prizren, but some in Gjakova and Pec." In Prizren the Vlachs settled in the Serb part of the town, where they created a 'Gog quarter'''

- Kosovo: A Short History

Is it really hard to accept your E-V13 ancestors were most likely not Albanians ? Explain why E-V13 is widespread across the Balkans from these Vlachs ?

Let's just start from the post itself that claims "Albanians" haven't changed since the Bronze Age. That is just a bad joke.

The paper was a major dissapointment and it didn't meet the hype it build before the publication. The only excellent stuff they did is the vast amount of samples. I have the feeling that in Trebenishte we will find E-V13 in Iron Age Albania (but that's me). But still that doesn't sum up Illyrian question. Because the Illyrii proprii dictii were Glasinac-Mat descended.

You are Laberia, so the same tantrums are to be expected from you. You are absolutely not interested in constructive discussions.
No, i am not Labëria.
You didn't answer to the question of the other member. This is not a constructive discussion.
And no, i am not interested to discuss with you. I don't want to waste my time with people like you.
Kur bën edhe një copë fshatari si ti ti sikur merr vesh, hapu dhe!

Is it really hard to accept your E-V13 ancestors were most likely not Albanians ? Explain why E-V13 is widespread across the Balkans from these Vlachs ?

So, from Anatolian migrants theory now to Vlachs?

Here is the Y-DNA picture of vlachs. There is a lot of R1b and J2a among them, far more than E-V13.

93WjxeB.png

You think it's so easy to sew theories like that? Out of nowhere. No.

For Greece, the Byzantine chroniclers refer to Dacian migrations of Vrachs from Bogdania/Moldova into Pindus, Thessaly and even the Peloponnese, starting around the 10th century A.D., although the dates are not specific.

For me personally, this is a compatible time frame for such a demographic input in peninsular Greece.

I can't say for Albania, because I am not versed in the matter.

I don’t see that scenario very possible considering this
8834edd8dca10dfc5377f0f62e001eff.jpg

Not “Albanians” the population of Albania has remained the same from BA, why Lazaridis 22 will make this kind of jokes?
e24615d13c708a5fc512a0e798c27337.jpg

The paper was a major dissapointment and it didn't meet the hype it build before the publication. The only excellent stuff they did is the vast amount of samples. I have the feeling that in Trebenishte we will find E-V13 in Iron Age Albania (but that's me). But still that doesn't sum up Illyrian question. Because the Illyrii proprii dictii were Glasinac-Mat descended.

The white written tribes became the Illyrian Kingdom which are the Illyri proprii dictii

Cosmopolitanism at the Roman Danubian Frontier, Slavic Migrations, and the Genomic Formation of Modern Balkan Peoples describes why E-V13 is hard to find due to cremation and shows ups latter with inhumation. But this is one side, why you would believe that Albanian language is a Thracian Language due to this? Where do you believe the Albanians, (let’s assume they are Thracians) resisted Romanization:

- Somewhere in Dacia
- Somewhere in Thracia
- Somewhere in Kosove
- Somewhere in Albanian/ Montenegro
- Somewhere else

Cosmopolitanism at the Roman Danubian Frontier, Slavic Migrations, and the Genomic Formation of Modern Balkan Peoples describes why E-V13 is hard to find due to cremation and shows ups latter with inhumation. But this is one side, why you would believe that Albanian language is a Thracian Language due to this? Where do you believe the Albanians, (let’s assume they are Thracians) resisted Romanization:

- Somewhere in Dacia
- Somewhere in Thracia
- Somewhere in Kosove
- Somewhere in Albanian/ Montenegro
- Somewhere else

And quote me where i said that? I said Albanians can be descended from more than 1 Paleo-Balkan people. I didn't said Albanian is descended from Thracian language.

You have the most prominent Albanologist at the moment thinking it's neither Illyrian nor Thracian and thinks it's somewhere from Central Balkans.

And quote me where i said that? I said Albanians can be descended from more than 1 Paleo-Balkan people. I didn't said Albanian is descended from Thracian language.

You have the most prominent Albanologist at the moment thinking it's neither Illyrian nor Thracian and thinks it's somewhere from Central Balkans.

So a mix of languages and people coming from somewhere in the central Balkan!? Where exactly? Which area of the central Balkans? This is very vague to understand.

Which prominent Albanologist?

This thread has been viewed 608396 times.

Back