Where does the Albanian language come from? [VIDEO]

Jesus Christ! And to think I called you resourceful.

Elaea or Elaia (Ancient Greek: Ἐλαία), also Elea(Ἐλέα), was a town of Thesprotia in ancient Epirustoward the mouth of the Acheron river. The town is mentioned by Ptolemy. Thucydides calls the surrounding district Elaeatis (Ἐλαιατις) and indicates that Ephyra was in the territory of Elaea.[1] Its port was Elaias Limen, literally the "Bay of Elaea", which the Periplus of Pseudo-Scylax asserts was the main port of Thesprotia.

There were 5 Elaea in antiquity in:
1. In Ethiopia
2. Near Pergamon, modern Western Turkey
3. Lebanon
4. Bithynia, modern Turkey
5. Thesprotia, Epirus

When linguists assume it’s Illyrian, which Elaea do you think I’m talking about? The one in Ethiopia or Lebanon?

Jesus Christ! And to think I called you resourceful.

Elaea or Elaia (Ancient Greek: Ἐλαία), also Elea(Ἐλέα), was a town of Thesprotia in ancient Epirustoward the mouth of the Acheron river. The town is mentioned by Ptolemy. Thucydides calls the surrounding district Elaeatis (Ἐλαιατις) and indicates that Ephyra was in the territory of Elaea.[1] Its port was Elaias Limen, literally the "Bay of Elaea", which the Periplus of Pseudo-Scylax asserts was the main port of Thesprotia.

Oh my. You really are confused aren't you? You seem to have mixed up two totally different places again, just like you mixed up Sharr with Shkup in the Albanian triangle, just like you mixed up Aspetos, etc.

Here is the direct page from Hesychius.

It is clearly written Ηλείων which is ELIS (Ηλεία)

Not Ἐλαία / Ἐλέα !

You totally mixed it up!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elis?oldformat=true

jouv0cl.png

rFPE6VT.png

O bushter, that’s clearly a mistake from the editors. What can I expect from a brainless parrot, fanboy of Matzinger.

06B1198E-D520-487D-8D7A-4A6239944F2A.jpg
The Ancient-Greek dialect known as Elean, spoken on the West of the Peloponnese, has always been difficult to be classified within the Ancient-Greek dialect system. On the basis of relative chronology, I indicate that from a genetic point of view, it belongs to the Northwest-Greek dialect group.

Even if it’s indeed from the Peloponnesian Elis they spoke a North-West Greek dialect like some Epirotes supposedly did (over time through assimilation) and it shows clear Illyrian influence on the North-Western areas of Greece.

8698E25B-E4FF-454D-9687-311D347CC4E1.jpg

Where could Laconian (Spartan) have had contact with Proto-Albanian?

In Bessapara? Nish? Or Sarmizegetusa?

Obviously near Epirus and Southern Illyrian.

O bushter, that’s clearly a mistake from the editors. What can I expect from a brainless parrot, fanboy of Matzinger.

View attachment 13117
The Ancient-Greek dialect known as Elean, spoken on the West of the Peloponnese, has always been difficult to be classified within the Ancient-Greek dialect system. On the basis of relative chronology, I indicate that from a genetic point of view, it belongs to the Northwest-Greek dialect group.

Even if it’s indeed from the Peloponnesian Elis they spoke a North-West Greek dialect like some Epirotes supposedly did (over time through assimilation) and it shows clear Illyrian influence on the North-Western areas of Greece.

View attachment 13118

Lol this is getting ridiculous. Just admit you are confused and don't understand what you are talking about.

Seek help or something. You have proven enough that you have a propagandistic pseudo scientific vibrant fantasy. I am just hoping some of the moderators is willing (I can understand if they don't want to go through your nationalistic third world country racist rambling) to ban you for being a bigot.

View attachment 13117

View attachment 13118

Bombshell. Trojan mental breakdown incoming.

The funniest part about this Nis thing, is that Nis was originally a Roman/Celtic city. So Albanians clearly did not originate there. They just took it over later on.

A lot of these arguments like to pretend that the Albanian language is only 1 geographical point, instead of a spread out area.

The funniest part about this Nis thing, is that Nis was originally a Roman/Celtic city. So Albanians clearly did not originate there. They just took it over later on.

A lot of these arguments like to pretend that the Albanian language is only 1 geographical point, instead of a spread out area.

The funniest part is that Naissus transformation to Nish doesn't mean Naissus was an Albanian city or had an Albanian etymology at all, and this isn't being argued.

Simply that this does fit a proto-Albanian transformation and mediation into Slavic and therefore needs to be explained, which proto-Albanians were living in Shtip and Nish when Slavs got there?

The proto-Albanians easily could have been more north east in an earlier period, pushed down by Celts.

View attachment 13117

View attachment 13118

So again let me give a summary of what has transpired.

1. You claimed there was an Illyrian "Bra" in Hesychius. You were asked provide it and you couldn't. Minus one point for lying.
2. You then tried to do damage control and brought up an Elean Bra which you tried to present as an Illyrian Epirotic dialect of Thesprotia. Minus another point for lying.
3. After being proven wrong that Elis has nothing to do with Thesprotia, you post a link which also says explicitly that this is talking about ELIS and has nothing to do with Thesprotia. Minus another point for lying for damage control.
4. After getting caught lying at least three times about just one point (as you have earlier when you were whinging about the Nish-Shkup-Shtip triangle which doesn't exist) you then try do some damage control by saying that it doesn't matter that this Hesychius gloss
is from Peloponnese, it is still somehow Epirotic and therefore Illyrian?

What type of mental gymnastics are you going through? I have never seen a cope of this magnitude. You are going to break your brain mate. Just take the L and go watch Big Brother Albania or something that is more suited
to your low ability.

The funniest part of the cope meltdown after being caught lying ("ok so what if Elis is in peleponnese and i was caught lying, I am still right....right?") that we all witnessed, was you posting a screenshot of the Witczak paper which I personally made years ago, but it seems you haven't even read the paper.

He literally argues for a Bessi origin for this phenomenon.

Here is the link for everybody to see:

https://www.academia.edu/31212816/The_earliest_Alhanian_loanwords_in_Greek

77xXjei.png

nzvN2qe.png

View attachment 13117

View attachment 13118

You need to understand that Vëlla doesn't come from Indo European. bʰréh₂tēr

Indo European. bʰ only gave /b/ in Albanian.
Indo European. r only gave /r/ or /rr/ in Albanian.

Your entire meltdown is happening because you are suffering a delusion in which you believe you have discovered some magic etymology of Vëlla come from bʰréh₂tēr, and you lack the humility and self-awareness to admit that
you are out of your depth and have no clue what you are arguing.

You were also caught out manipulating the truth and doing damage control, claiming that the Tosks had forced the Gegës to add the ë in Vëlla, and that the older form was in fact "Vlla" but then you seem to have suffered a mini stroke when with the simple
fact of showing all old Gegë authors like Buzuku writing "vëlla" totally not only disproves your claim, but shows that you didn't even think to check the old Gegë authors.

You construct some grand theory where you think all the etymologists like Demiraj, Topalli, Matzinger, etc, etc, are wrong
about this and that actually you are the smart genius who has found that Vëlla comes from and earlier Vlla which comes from a Bra.

I said this multiple times, but your theory is crap and wrong.

Is there an approximate time that Gheg and Tosk split, or only a range?

Apparently it was post-Roman and pre-Slavic, but was it pre-Gothic or post-Gothic?

Around 600-700 AD is when the Tosk dialects experienced Rhotacism

oXpIKdc.png

Eric Hamp argued that proto-Albanian descended from an earlier Proto-Albanoid Indo-European linguistic family that had its core in the Carpathian mountains, and once covered areas of East Czechia, Southern Poland, Western Ukraine, reached South to Northern Albania.

76byy2F.png

So again let me give a summary of what has transpired.

1. You claimed there was an Illyrian "Bra" in Hesychius. You were asked provide it and you couldn't. Minus one point for lying.
2. You then tried to do damage control and brought up an Elean Bra which you tried to present as an Illyrian Epirotic dialect of Thesprotia. Minus another point for lying.
3. After being proven wrong that Elis has nothing to do with Thesprotia, you post a link which also says explicitly that this is talking about ELIS and has nothing to do with Thesprotia. Minus another point for lying for damage control.
4. After getting caught lying at least three times about just one point (as you have earlier when you were whinging about the Nish-Shkup-Shtip triangle which doesn't exist) you then try do some damage control by saying that it doesn't matter that this Hesychius gloss
is from Peloponnese, it is still somehow Epirotic and therefore Illyrian?

What type of mental gymnastics are you going through? I have never seen a cope of this magnitude. You are going to break your brain mate. Just take the L and go watch Big Brother Albania or something that is more suited
to your low ability.

The funniest part of the cope meltdown after being caught lying ("ok so what if Elis is in peleponnese and i was caught lying, I am still right....right?") that we all witnessed, was you posting a screenshot of the Witczak paper which I personally made years ago, but it seems you haven't even read the paper.

He literally argues for a Bessi origin for this phenomenon.

Here is the link for everybody to see:

https://www.academia.edu/31212816/The_earliest_Alhanian_loanwords_in_Greek

77xXjei.png

nzvN2qe.png
It’s impossible that you’re unable to read. I think you’re just being disingenuous.

HESYCHIUS WROTE ILEIWN AND EDITORS CORRECTED IT TO HLEIWN AND EVEN ILLYRIWN.

So it wasn’t Elis because:
1. Hesychius knew very well how to write Elis. You’re accusing Hesychius of being illiterate.
2. Elis had a genuine Greek dialect with IE ph, th, x (can’t be bothered to put Greek letters) and the 6th century AD is far too late and Elis is far too South to have borrowed and STILL RETAIN Illyro-Thracian words.
3. So it must have been Elea (not Elis) which was in a contact zone with Illyrian or Thracian, thus only Elea in Epirus fits the argument.

It’s disgusting how you try to portray me as a liar when I brought facts that you weren’t aware of. I admitted 2 times that I am and I could be wrong (aspetos) even though I didn’t push for those theories. I keep pushing for lume and lule.

You’re not the kind of man to do the same and you shy away and change topic because unless daddy Matzinger replies to emails you have 0 arguments of your own. Lume and Lule are undeniably Latin and Albanologists aren’t even trying.

Regarding vlla, I clearly told you since days ago that THERE’S NO NEED TO GO TO SWE-SLOUGH WHEN THERE’S ‘VRA’ RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.

Then your argument that IE bh becomes only Albanian b and not v is a linguistic joke as if it’s some 100% fixed science. I already brought to you examples of brima/vrima and even hislla/hithra. Do you understand them in Albanian at least?

Or you’re going to say brima and vrima derive from separate IE words because bh cannot be v in Albanian?

DC1D4E2D-CA99-48EE-94EB-357982820CE2.jpg

The funniest part is that Naissus transformation to Nish doesn't mean Naissus was an Albanian city or had an Albanian etymology at all, and this isn't being argued.

Simply that this does fit a proto-Albanian transformation and mediation into Slavic and therefore needs to be explained, which proto-Albanians were living in Shtip and Nish when Slavs got there?

The proto-Albanians easily could have been more north east in an earlier period, pushed down by Celts.
Oh so Nish and Shkupi are not and do not have to be Proto-Albanian but Albanians were still around there, but not around Shkodra/North Albania and Montenegro?

So it’s fine since Nish and Shkupi show Albanian developments but Shkodra has also has the typical Albanian development of Sk- to Shk- (literally identical to Shkupi) it DOES NOT count?

Me calling you disingenuous is a compliment, remember that. You deserve other words but you called Jovialis immediately.

It’s impossible that you’re unable to read. I think you’re just being disingenuous.

HESYCHIUS WROTE ILEIWN AND EDITORS CORRECTED IT TO HLEIWN AND EVEN ILLYRIWN.

So it wasn’t Elis because:
1. Hesychius knew very well how to write Elis. You’re accusing Hesychius of being illiterate.
2. Elis had a genuine Greek dialect with IE ph, th, x (can’t be bothered to put Greek letters) and the 6th century AD is far too late and Elis is far too South to have borrowed and STILL RETAIN Illyro-Thracian words.
3. So it must have been Elea (not Elis) which was in a contact zone with Illyrian or Thracian, thus only Elea in Epirus fits the argument.

It’s disgusting how you try to portray me as a liar when I brought facts that you weren’t aware of. I admitted 2 times that I am and I could be wrong (aspetos) even though I didn’t push for those theories. I keep pushing for lume and lule.

You’re not the kind of man to do the same and you shy away and change topic because unless daddy Matzinger replies to emails you have 0 arguments of your own. Lume and Lule are undeniably Latin and Albanologists aren’t even trying.

View attachment 13119

The paper screenshotted literally states it is from Elis (English) or [FONT=&quot]Ηλεία in Greek.[/FONT] Everybody here can just follow the thread and see what has been written.

In Greek /Η η/ and /Ε ε/ are different letters, in latin they are both represented with /E e/. You have been caught out making these mistakes multiple times now.

This author you screenshotted is not talking about Thesprotia, in which the English would have been Elea, his sentence would have been "if Bra is really found in Elea", but he wrote Elis. The people of Elis in English called: Eleans. This seems to be the source of your misunderstanding.

"Elis is a region in northwestern Peloponnesus where the inhabitants are called Eleans"

LINK: http://www.maicar.com/GML/Elis.html

gArwDWp.png

The paper screenshotted literally states it is from Elis (English) or Ηλεία in Greek. Everybody here can just follow the thread and see what has been written.

In Greek /Η η/ and /Ε ε/ are different letters, in latin they are both represented with /E e/. You have been caught out making these mistakes multiple times now.

This author you screenshotted is not talking about Thesprotia, in which the English would have been Elea, his sentence would have been "if Bra is really found in Elea", but he wrote Elis. The people of Elis in English called: Eleans. This seems to be the source of your misunderstanding.

"Elis is a region in northwestern Peloponnesus where the inhabitants are called Eleans"

LINK: http://www.maicar.com/GML/Elis.html

gArwDWp.png
Pure ignorance, Ancient Greek H is English He and modern Greek i/hi. Basic knowledge.

HESYCHIUS WROTE ILEIWN NOT HLEIWON.

That’s why the author wrote “IF VRA IS REALLY FOUND IN ELIS”, meaning they’re assuming it’s Elis. And the editors couldn’t wrap their heads around it and transliterated from Ileiwn to Hleiwn. I’m done with you. Good thing everyone can read.

Pure ignorance, Ancient Greek H is English He and modern Greek i/hi. Basic knowledge.

HESYCHIUS WROTE ILEIWN NOT HLEIWON.

That’s why the author wrote “IF VRA IS REALLY FOUND IN ELIS”, meaning they’re assuming it’s Elis. And the editors couldn’t wrap their heads around it and transliterated from Ileiwn to Hleiwn. I’m done with you. Good thing everyone can read.

The author never mentions Elea of Thesprotia in this quote. That is there for everyone to see that the only Elis that appears is that of the Peleponnese. Elis.

You first claimed an Illyrian. bra, then you claimed it was an epirotic bra from Thesprotia, and now you show a screenshot of an author saying it is from Elis of Peleponnese as was clear from the begnining. You literally proved yourself wrong.

Everyone here can read and see that. Just like you went on a rampage of vulgar insults demanding the Shkupi Albanoid triangle when you had in fact confused it with Sharr, and the earlier mess up with claiming Aspetos is source of Albanian shpejt.

This thread has been viewed 607763 times.

Back