Where does the Albanian language come from? [VIDEO]

@Riverman
The 0 growth period you mentioned corresponds with the massacres and resettlements after the Great Illyrian Revolt.

But with the data at hand, it should be J2b2 the decimated one and resettled in Eastern Balkans or taken as slaves elsewhere.

It could be different tribes, but it only corresponds to the first downturn - after which there was a very small uptick even. This is 200-300 years earlier and affects both E-V13 and J-L283, which could correspond either to the Illyrian or Thracian uprisings:
During the Macedonian Wars, conflict between Rome and Thrace was unavoidable. The rulers of Macedonia were weak, and Thracian tribal authority resurged. But after the Battle of Pydna in 168 BC, Roman authority over Macedonia seemed inevitable, and the governance of Thrace passed to Rome.[citation needed] Initially, Thracians and Macedonians revolted against Roman rule. For example, the revolt of Andriscus, in 149 BC, drew the bulk of its support from Thrace. Incursions by local tribes into Macedonia continued for many years, though a few tribes, such as the Deneletae and the Bessi, willingly allied with Rome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thracians#Roman_rule

The really big blow corresponds in time not with the J-L283 growth and not with the Illyrian stories, but only with the Dacian wars, Sarmatian and Germanic invasions. And I'd really say the Dacians got hit much harder than the Illyrians in the Roman era. Germanic and Slavic, maybe different, because they seem to have allied up with them in the forms of some Dacian and Daco-Sarmatian groups.

If you look at the other patterns, a time gap of 200-300 years of one founding population is something which doesn't exist in the data. I was astonished by this fact myself, because my trust into YFull estimates was not that high before. But there is something about it.

What I think on the matter is that the graphs being interpreted this way is a very simplistic aproach.
I think what the graphs show in both Slavic - German context that you mentioned as well as V13 L283 context is a positive correlation score (to be tested). What this means in my opinion is not a foregone conclusion. Sure the various wars and movements could be the culprit, it could also be random variations of the same general pattern.
What I think it is more likely to show is the ecosystem/economic busts and booms of the past for specific regions as a whole. Humans with bronze swords can only do so much killing, lack of grain, drought, disease though is a much better explanation for why there is correlation between inhabitants of Central Europe between themselves, and of the Balkans between themselves.
Sure tribe raids tribe type of thing can have an impact, and an empire resettling hundreds of thousands of people like the Romans did with Dalmatia can have a larger impact, but I think the underlying driver is actually ecosystem / economic drivers. Keep in mind the Illyrian revolt was economic driven to begin with. The much more prosperous Southern Illyrians did not revolt, as they had little reason too, being one of the more prosperous regions along with Anatolia, Egypt and mainland Italy. Bit hard to make war without a belly full, or while fighting smallpox.

Ecosystem disaster + Economic bust --> Demographic change --> Power Vacuum --> Economic incentive --> Waring tribes is my explanation
and rather not
Waring tribes for fun --> Demographic change + Economic bust

We're talking about patrilineages. R-L2 grew massively with Tumulus while much of the Carpatho-Balkan sphere got just slaughtered and the demography collapsed. But the reason was indeed that they killed and drove out so many people from Pannonia. They just grabbed the land they liked, the resources they liked and lived from their herds and made children with some of the women they could grab along the way. That's the story of the R-L2 expansion with Tumulus culture and Middle Danubian Urnfielders, from the destructive Koszider horizon onwards, which destroyed whole people like the Transdanubian Encrusted Pottery people, which lived there before for many centuries and were one of the dominant groups of the region - before.

The only thing one side needs is having the edge in a specific respect, technology, tactics, ideology, demography and the will to conquer, for whatever reason. Could be because they were pushed too, but could be the sheer opportunity to grab something because of superiour means.

In the cases we are talking about, these patrilinear founder effects, are practically always connected to some clans expanding at the expense of others. You see it with E-V13 and J-L283 before, even being themselves from the Alpine-Carpatho-Balkan sphere, doesn't matter, they replaced other lineages on the way which now are very rare or non-existent.

The boom : bust cycles are real, but oftentimes if two boom, one booms more, if two bust, one gets busted more. It is very rarely about the absolute impact, but rather the relative. Like if in a time of catastrophy one side does just good enough, like the J-L283 under Roman rule, they got an edge over a people which obviously suffered much more, like the E-V13 lineages did.
But such a discrepancy can't be just neglected as being of no importance, it is very imporant, especially if having such a magnitude and duration.

You wish to distinguish them because you refuse to believe that J-L283 and E-V13 spoke the same language. Illyrians are the only ancient people to have a single haplogroup, according to fringe theories promoted by the same people who claimed Albanians originated in the Caucasus a decade ago. In any case, we are beginning to discover E-V13 in the western Balkans during antiquity, and that's what will remain recorded in history.

They'll always find some bullcrap...

First it was Illyrians aren't Z638. Then it's Illyrians don't have EV-13. Now it's they're genetically related to Albanians, but they don't speak the language.

Now they're relegated to making up ghost populations, fake languages, fake migrations that have no basis in history.

They'll always find some bullcrap...

First it was Illyrians aren't Z638. Then it's Illyrians don't have EV-13. Now it's they're genetically related to Albanians, but they don't speak the language.

Now they're relegated to making up ghost populations, fake languages, fake migrations that have no basis in history.

Dacians and Thracians are "fake populations", major archaeological formations like Channelled Ware or Bosut-Basarabi being "made up".
Sure.

Illyrians had E-V13, but
) secondarily acquired from Thracians
) not as much, especially in their core regions

Dacians and Thracians are "fake populations", major archaeological formations like Channelled Ware or Bosut-Basarabi being "made up".
Sure.
Illyrians had E-V13, but
) secondarily acquired from Thracians
) not as much, especially in their core regions

Ok, Mr. "Daco-Sarmatians".

Ok, Mr. "Daco-Sarmatians".

If combining these two ethnicities that way, its not meant as a new group, but rather describes the fact that a people had both elements in the mix. And that was definitely the case in the Eastern Carpathian basin, and beyond, where incoming Sarmatians and Dacians mixed on a grande scale. You see it in the samples from Transtisza which oscillate between Dacian and Sarmatian for the most part. Just a mixed population.

Very mature behaviour I must say.

It's mature to make up fake migrations and populations because you don't like reality?

Hawk literally is not aware that the "Central Balkans" during the time he's talking about were inhabited by Celtic tribes.

10810.jpg

Nish only became Albanian during the Roman Empire and was founded by Celts.

There was no long-term impact of Celts deeper and inner in Central Balkans, they were kicked out by Dardanians.

It's mature to make up fake migrations and populations because you don't like reality?

Hawk literally is not aware that the "Central Balkans" during the time he's talking about were inhabited by Celtic tribes.

10810.jpg

Nish only became Albanian during the Roman Empire and was founded by Celts.

Many regions being rather assimilated and only superficially Celticised, having picked up La Tene elements before the the tribal Celts came. In other regions, the actual La Tene Celtic impact was significant, it really depends on the region in question. Not possible to draw all too broad conclusions in this respect. Even less so if considering later Dacian and Sarmatian expansions.

It is a big question mark to me that this "entertain" user who constantly posts off topic and pseudo scientific non sense and ad hominems is not banned yet. Add to that all of these other sock puppet accounts that have been reported multiple times, this site more and more resembles theapricity.com

It is a big question mark to me that this "entertain" user who constantly posts off topic and pseudo scientific non sense and ad hominems is not banned yet. Add to that all of these other sock puppet accounts that have been reported multiple times, this site more and more resembles theapricity.com

I keep posting pseudo-scientific nonsense, yet I keep getting proven right and you wrong. Funny how that works.

I suggest you stop posting trash before actual samples come from Albania and you look even more foolish. We still have 0 samples from Albania so far. Croatian Illyrians were distant cousins, but still only cousins. We still haven't posted the ancestral samples.

I keep posting pseudo-scientific nonsense, yet I keep getting proven right and you wrong. Funny how that works.

I suggest you stop posting trash before actual samples come from Albania and you look even more foolish. We still have 0 samples from Albania so far. Croatian Illyrians were distant cousins, but still only cousins. We still haven't posted the ancestral samples.

You are lucky that you have not gotten banned for derailing every thread and making it about yourself or other weird off topic stuff. I have just seen what you did on the Stable population structure thread. What an embarrassing behaviour.

You are lucky that you have not gotten banned for derailing every thread and making it about yourself or other weird off topic stuff. I have just seen what you did on the Stable population structure thread. What an embarrassing behaviour.
Come on man, as a Neo-Illyrian, control yourself. You’re not a barbaric Proto-Illyrian, you’re Neo, an improved and sophisticated version.

With all the respect I have for the mods here, and knowing they have other things in life, seeing how such insults stay up on this forum for 48 hours really puts me off this forum as a whole.

If the insults and larping was antisemitic or italophobic instead of albanophobic you know it would have been taken care off within the minute.
Shame all around.
No wonder some forums do better than others.

I did go through all of those derogatory, racist name-calling posts and collected some in the "ancient Balkans Y DNA" thread as a respond to one of the moderators. I wrote a private message to another moderator as a "letter of concern". There is unfortunately no response even though they are active on this thread which can be seen in their timeline.

Honestly, my understanding ends here.

The only thing I derailed was the trash anti-Albanian nonsense that you Hawk, Riverman, Johan Deranged post, hoping to go unchallenged. Illyrian-Albanian continuity has been pushed around for centuries by Western Historians, but to you and those others it's "communist propaganda".

We have EV-13 Illyrians and now a J2B2-L283/Z638 Sicilian/Mycenean-like Illyrian in Montenegro. Illyrian-Albanian continuity has all but been proven with this paper, and we still have 0 samples from Albania. Imagine when those samples actually come rolling in. You all will look like absolute fools.

The only thing I derailed was the trash anti-Albanian nonsense that you Hawk, Riverman, Johan Deranged post, hoping to go unchallenged. Illyrian-Albanian continuity has been pushed around for centuries by Western Historians, but to you and those others it's "communist propaganda".

We have EV-13 Illyrians and now a J2B2-L283/Z638 Sicilian/Mycenean-like Illyrian in Montenegro. Illyrian-Albanian continuity has all but been proven with this paper, and we still have 0 samples from Albania. Imagine when those samples actually come rolling in. You all will look like absolute fools.

Don Quixote always misstaking/imagining the wind mill as the dragon, the E-V13 there are very likely Urnfield derived, if not then from earlier Koszider hoard influence on Glasinac, either way their ultimate origin doesn't share the same story as J2b2-L283 previous of LBA. As for the language, i leave it to people who understand more about linguistics and i believe from Albanians around here Johane Derite is the pro. Atleast from what i have seen he is the guy who has constantly brought all kind of arguments/sources about Albanian language, Pro-Illyrian (which you seem to forget but once he shared the against Illyrian your ego got hurt) and non-Illyrian ancestry.

I did go through all of those derogatory, racist name-calling posts and collected some in the "ancient Balkans Y DNA" thread as a respond to one of the moderators. I wrote a private message to another moderator as a "letter of concern". There is unfortunately no response even though they are active on this thread which can be seen in their timeline.

Honestly, my understanding ends here.

If you have not noticed, this forum for the most part is a joke.
Only way anything gets done here is through Maciamo, but he has delegated the moderating to the mods obviously, and the mods don't seem to moderate anything that does not go against their world view, right or wrong.
When genetic fora meta was apricity like, that would fly, as you can see the older threads here having much more activity. But overtime as the level of discussion was raised as far as genetics goes, pareto efficiency dictated that this particular forum would wither, thanks in large part to partisan moding.

The only thing I derailed was the trash anti-Albanian nonsense...

What's Anti-Albanian about discussing E-V13 origins? If assuming an origin North of Albania in the Bronze Age (!!!), this causes headache to you? This is "Anti-Albanian"?

What does that tell other people about your kind of nationalism or agenda?

That's how you argue: "No, E-V13 must be our own pet, we kept it in the Balkan cage, East of the Illyrian bulk of J-L283, just somewhere in between they were all sitting, in some valley, caught up there, they never moved out. I don't know where, I don't know when, I don't even know any archaeological culture which might have been dominated by them, but I'm sure they weren't anywhere else. Its our own pet, we don't give it away."

That's how you sound to me. E-V13 had double the number of J-L283 in the Iron Age, yet by current sampling, if not accounting for the cremation horizon and Channelled Ware, the area in which the bulk of E-V13 is supposed to be sitting and hiding would be 1/3 the size. Even worse, it would be an area constantly overrun and devastated by other people, including those people which I propose brought it to the Balkans in the LBA in the first place. If that would have been the case, E-V13 would have barely survived and never experienced any sort of founder series it had, in the Late Bronze and Early Iron Age, in the areas and with the phylogeny we know from the modern data.

I haven't even heard any plausible alternative to the G?va/Belegis II-G?va into Basarabi-Psenichevo model. Only unfounded criticism. No alternative explanation for the observable patterns of the modern distribution and phylogeny, which need to be explained.

mfs be like, "illyrian has nothing to do with the proto-albanians, it was enver hoxha's communist propaganda bro, dardania is the cradle of jesus the thracian, we kosovars are pure dardani thracians unlike the weak roman-illyrian arber highlanders in malsi, mirdite, and dibra"

then they're like "how are we being anti-albanian :("

This thread has been viewed 606583 times.

Back