Where does the Albanian language come from? [VIDEO]

Thanks for pointing out Bruzmi's misinformation spread and non sense.

His standpoint is:

- E1b-V13 is Proto-Illyrian from Belotic Bela Crkva
:LOL:
- E1b-V13 was the main bulk of Glasinac-Mati culture and continues today to be the main lineage of Albanians who in their entirety are descendants of Illyrians
- Illyrians did not form in their core territory from Bronze Age - Iron Age they formed in the LBA-EIA with E1b-V13
- the many J2b-L283 samples from the East Adriatic and West Adriatic, whose archeology and genetics clearly have proven to be the Illyrian Ethnos, are from the fringes of Illyria (laughs in Southern Dalmatia, or wait a also that J2b-L283>Z1043 from Montenegro), so they are not the main Illyrian bulk, since E1b-V13 is the main Proto-Illyrian lineage

Wow those are some actually great points. I like this Bruzmi guy a lot!

My suggestion: Take a shot every time that person has a mental breakdown and temper tantrum when someone says Illyrians are J2b-L283. At least his non sense is worth a drinking game

I've been sent a million times to the hospital because of taking a shot everytime Riverman's theories gets debunked by data, from J2-L283 being Sardinian to Gava being E-V13.

If you ask me, i think E-V13 will be found among Illyrians, just moreso among Pannonians and Southern Illyrians(where some Pannonian Urnfield influence was hinted by Frano Prendi), the Illyrii proprii dictii will probably be dominated by J2b2-L283 and to a degree R1b-Z2103.

That's my personal guess.

If the hypothesis that E-V13 spread with channelled ware is correct, then it obviously follows that the channelled ware that shows up in Illyrian lands in the late bronze age to early iron age must have also introduced EV13 people.

But clearly this is not the crux of the issue, is the language that the illyrians spoke of the earlier J2b-l283 substrate or of the Ev13 adstrate.

Was there linguistic continuity from the earlier J2b-l283 language, or was there a break with the newcomer Ev13s, or were there two language stratums present after the channelled ware migrations.

I've been sent a million times to the hospital because of taking a shot everytime Riverman's theories gets debunked by data, from J2-L283 being Sardinian to Gava being E-V13.

G?va to Belegis II-G?va being not debunked and I never claimed an origin of J-L283 in Sardinia, that's just a lie and misinformation for other Readers.
Show me the quote where I said such a thing! Even worse repeatedly, like an agenda.
You can't, because I have not.

If the hypothesis that E-V13 spread with channelled ware is correct, then it obviously follows that the channelled ware that shows up in Illyrian lands in the late bronze age to early iron age must have also introduced EV13 people.
But clearly this is not the crux of the issue, is the language that the illyrians spoke of the earlier J2b-l283 substrate or of the Ev13 adstrate.
Was there linguistic continuity from the earlier J2b-l283 language, or was there a break with the newcomer Ev13s, or were there two language stratums present after the channelled ware migrations.

And if you add to the comparison the linguistic conclusion from Matzinger that Illyrian and Albanian belong to different IE branches, and Albanian forms same branch as Messapian.

So, the question arises, what Y-DNA were Messapian core? If they were J2b2-L283 heavy or R1b-Z2103 heavy or E-V13 heavy, or were a mix of three of them? Or did they completely miss one or two of the three common Albanoid Y-DNA. That's crucial for further comparisons.

And if you add to the comparison the linguistic conclusion from Matzinger that Illyrian and Albanian belong to different IE branches.

So, the question arises, what Y-DNA were Messapian core? If they were J2b2-L283 heavy or R1b-Z2103 heavy or E-V13 heavy, or were a mix of three of them? Or did they completely lack any of the three common Albanoid Y-DNA. That's crucial for further comparisons.

I think they will have been mostly J-L283, but could have had other admixture, like especially Greco-Armenian R-Z2103. More interesting will be what kind of uniparentals the Brygi/Phrygians and the Paeonians will have. Those are the real unknowns.

Its also noteworthy that the migration of Illyrians into Southern Italy was in part caused by the pressure from the North, including Channelled Ware and newly arriving Illyrian-Pannonian relatives, presumably. If we look at the current situation, Illyrians both in the East Adriatic and in Italia seem to have been overwhelmingly J-L283:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...QX&ll=43.3898403933417,20.689620055494355&z=7

And that even though we actually do know that some Channelled Ware influences did make it to Italia along with the Illyrians as well.

The situation is probably for some groups as complicated like with the Sea People or later Germanics: The conquering tribes themselves picked locals up or splinters of them moved with the very people they pushed out on a larger scale.

We could also interpret these LBA migrations as some sort of intermixture event to some degree, with people being separated before, now fusing and mixing, like in Albania, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey etc.

And if you add to the comparison the linguistic conclusion from Matzinger that Illyrian and Albanian belong to different IE branches, and Albanian forms same branch as Messapian.

So, the question arises, what Y-DNA were Messapian core? If they were J2b2-L283 heavy or R1b-Z2103 heavy or E-V13 heavy, or were a mix of three of them? Or did they completely one or two of the three common Albanoid Y-DNA. That's crucial for further comparisons.

If E-V13 shows up among Iapygians, then it means that E-V13 was present in Proto-Illyrians and Illyrians either in Cetina or in Glasinac-Mati. It also means that there's no way that E-V13 became Illyrian in the LBA-EIA. There's simply not enough time. It's fascinating that E-V13 in southern Italy in the early middle ages has been found in Venosa, just outside Daunian territory alongside J-L283.

Keep in mind that in this aspect genetics and linguistic hypotheses have been shown to be totally unrelated. Iapygians have the same origin with Illyrian clans from MBA Croatia and Montenegro but their language diverged enough to be independent in the Late Iron Age, which is normal gien that they had been about 800-1000 years in Italy. The issue is that they were Illyrians genetically and culturally. The linguistic nomenclature on whether we should consider their language a dialect or independent from Late Iron Age Illyrian is completely irrelevant.

So, the question arises, what Y-DNA were Messapian core? If they were J2b2-L283 heavy or R1b-Z2103 heavy or E-V13 heavy, or were a mix of three of them? Or did they completely one or two of the three common Albanoid Y-DNA. That's crucial for further comparisons.

If i had to guess, i think the northern daunians and central peucetians will be more J2b-l283 heavy, with the southernmost messapic proper being more Ev13 and R1b-z2103.

This is a guess. We still dont have messapic proper samples.

So, the question arises, what Y-DNA were Messapian core? If they were J2b2-L283 heavy or R1b-Z2103 heavy or E-V13 heavy, or were a mix of three of them? Or did they completely miss one or two of the three common Albanoid Y-DNA. That's crucial for further comparisons.
I remember reading from a paper about daunians that even in middle bronze age there was probably trade/migration via Gargano, i think this northern path of movement favoured more heavy J2b-l283 movements, and in which they played a bigger role in Daunians.
Migration and trade via the strait of otranto however i think would have had less L283, this southern path would have had more R1b and Ev13 imo.

If E-V13 shows up among Iapygians, then it means that E-V13 was present in Proto-Illyrians and Illyrians either in Cetina or in Glasinac-Mati. It also means that there's no way that E-V13 became Illyrian in the LBA-EIA. There's simply not enough time. It's fascinating that E-V13 in southern Italy in the early middle ages has been found in Venosa, just outside Daunian territory alongside J-L283.

Keep in mind that in this aspect genetics and linguistic hypotheses have been shown to be totally unrelated. Iapygians have the same origin with Illyrian clans from MBA Croatia and Montenegro but their language diverged enough to be independent in the Late Iron Age, which is normal gien that they had been about 800-1000 years in Italy. The issue is that they were Illyrians genetically and culturally. The linguistic nomenclature on whether we should consider their language a dialect or independent from Late Iron Age Illyrian is completely irrelevant.

I'm not sure it proves it either way, because we have some Channelled Ware elements reaching the Adriatic and even Central-Southern Italy. These might have been not due to larger scale migration, but it needs to be considered.

The good thing is, that most of the Illyrian groups throughout the MBA-LBA did use inhumation, unlike the Carpathian basin people. So they can all be tested. E-V13, for being Proto-Illyrian, must be in the earlier groups of the region, ideally even in Posusje-Dinaric, and appearing in significant numbers and diversity before the Transitional Period. The coastal regions being all sampled, but not in a density which can completely exclude a minority presence of E-V13.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...QX&ll=43.3898403933417,20.689620055494355&z=7

It won't be enough to associate E-V13 in its main group with Illyrians, but in theory the option for a minority presence is still there, even though I don't believe it will show up.

If you find in the later periods E-V13 in regions where e.g. these flame shaped spearheads appear, it will be rather a connection with Channelled Ware:
mid_00531386_001.jpg

https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection/object/H_WG-1125

You need to have a starting point though and use the reverse logic to deduce, atleast Riverman does have, EIA Psenicevo E-V13 leaks, when applying reverse logic you go up to Gava and related Cultures.

I am not saying Glasinac-Mat couldn't had E-V13, if i remember correctly i was the one who put in the motion the possibility of Middle-Danubian Urnfielder influence on Glasinac-Mat, or Koszider hoard influence. But Austrian archaeologist like Andreas Lippert abandoned his belief in support of Yugoslav and Albanian archaeologists. Perhaps there could have been some E-V13 influence from Vatin-like complex in Western Serbia to Eastern Bosnia during Early/Middle Bronze Age in Belotic-Bela Crkva, but you need actual aDNA to prove that. Without it, difficult to say anything, archeological records do not shed light on that.

What you can prove to others, is whether let's say Glasinac-Mat had some E-V13 along the majority J2b2-L283 and R1b-Z2103, trying to disprove the rest of E-V13 being found whenever we approach the Thracian world is not fruitful. The Urnfield phenomena was huge in Bronze to Iron Age transition. These people were not Northern European, fundamentally they were a group of various Neolithic survivors mixed with Indo-Europeans. Etruscans are one of the examples. But obviously they were from more Western hemisphere of Urnfield complex, from the Alps if i have to guess.

If i had to guess, i think the northern daunians and central peucetians will be more J2b-l283 heavy, with the southernmost messapic proper being more Ev13 and R1b-z2103.
This is a guess. We still dont have messapic proper samples.

I was interested in the case of Messapians, and i am a bit dissapointed on archaeological records on them, especially material culture and burial rites. One thing i could see though, Italian archaeologists don't mention the typical Illyrian-like tumuli for Messapians, early Messapians used the pit burial, though, they didn't use cremation, cremation nearby them is associated with Spartan/Dorian migrants. From classical times, nothing to deduce, Messapians adopted a lot of Hellenic-like influences, that they started used sarcophagi for burials, their culture was more Hellenic-like than Daunians and Iapygians. Whether Messapians differed somehow from Daunians/Iapygians, that's something i don't know. Too bad though they posted samples only from Daunians, would have been fruitful to include Messapians as well.

What bothers mount123 is that he's not making the absurd claim that Proto-Illyrians were just J-L283. That's the problem for mount123 and that's why he launches these weird comments. For mount123 it's not enough for someone to say that J-L283 was an important Illyrian lineage. It has to be the only Proto-Illyrian lineage....which is absurd.

This is what he wrote about J-L283:

J-L283 was a significant part of the Proto-Illyrian population and is one of the most secure indicators of Illyrian presence in a region. See the posts about Cetina culture in the previous page.

J-L283 definitely came to the northern Balkans with IE movements and was part of late Vucedol culture in northern Croatia, which produced Cetina, Belotic-Bela Crkva and other groups which later produced Glasinac-Mati. We can call these populations collectively Pre-Proto-Illyrian or Proto-Illyrian depending on the periodization. In any case, we are referring to the ancestral populations of the people who in the IA were known as "Illyrians".

We already know that J-L283 was a major haplogroup of Cetina.

I think that it's very likely that we will see J-L283 a) in the western steppe around Moldova before the IE movements and we will see it b)in a Late Vucedol setting before 2200 BCE.

I was interested in the case of Messapians, and i am a bit dissapointed on archaeological records on them, especially material culture and burial rites. One thing i could see though, Italian archaeologists don't mention the typical Illyrian-like tumuli for Messapians, early Messapians used the pit burial, though, they didn't use cremation, cremation nearby them is associated with Spartan/Dorian migrants.

Just to be clear, Matzinger argues that Albanian and Messapic are both part of the Balkan Indo European, in which Phrygian, Greek, Armenian also take part.

Messapic if I would guess and simplify is like a transitional balkan IE language in between northern greek dialects like Doric, Macedonian, and Albanian. I found some names like Macedonian. Balakrus and Messapic. Balakrahiaihi. Messapic is not proto-Albanian, just to be clear.

Some members from neighbouring nations are very interesting.

They support the theory that Proto-Illyrians were exclusively J2b-L283, but they also support Matzinger’s theory that Illyrian is different from Messapic which is related to Albanian, despite the Daunians having J2b from the Illyrian coast.

Or you Newborn Kosovars developed the theory that Daunians spoke Illyrian and Messapians spoke a language related to Proto-Albanian which you like to call Trojan-Dardanian?

I think Albanian could be a Illyro-Brygian-Dardanian language with both an Illyrian and Thracian stratums

Illyrians were in Albania since MBA (Rumored J2b2 sample from MBA Albania)

Channeled Ware Brygians entered Northern Albania around 1200BC. After they are last mentioned, several hundred years later, the Albanoi appear in their place! Were these 'Albanoi', Illyrianized Brygians? There seems to have been an Illyro-Dardanian-Brygian-Paeonian kinship along Northern Albania Kosovo down into the Sharr mountains and Shkupi

Dardania becomes Illyrian influenced in IA

Illyrians, Dardanians, Paeonians, were allied many times in history

I wonder if following the plague of Justinian and invasions, that even some more Dardanians fused into today's Albanians around 1500 years ago, fleeing into the mountains of Albania from the Slavs invading down the Morava Vardar on their way to raid Thessaloniki, Epirus, & the Peloponnese

Just some ideas & personal speculation. Hopefully these new genetic papers can answer some questions

Enough of this speculative nonsense. Albanian is well derived from a certain set of principles from PIE to its modern language. There is no evidence of it being a hybrid language, pre-Roman Republic. If there were, you couldn't perform comparative linguistics.

These clowns like mount, Johan Derite, Hawk are just getting antsy, because every genetic study so far this year has pointed to Illyrian -> Albanian, and it has done so in an unequivocal manner. Iron Age Illyrians are right next to modern Albanians, while Bulgarian IA or whatever other group these bozos invented is way off.

If you spent 2 seconds reading about Illyrian tribe names, you would know a good chunk of them are linked to the Albanian languages, from the Taulanti, to the Dardani, to the Dimali, Delminium/Delvine, etc... Not to mention the most important one, where the name derives from.

Some members from neighbouring nations are very interesting.

They support the theory that Proto-Illyrians were exclusively J2b-L283, but they also support Matzinger’s theory that Illyrian is different from Messapic which is related to Albanian, despite the Daunians having J2b from the Illyrian coast.

Or you Newborn Kosovars developed the theory that Daunians spoke Illyrian and Messapians spoke a language related to Proto-Albanian which you like to call Trojan-Dardanian?

I don't even care that these people want to fabricate a Kosovar identity. That's their prerogative.

What I care about is when they start to make up history, to support their Kosovar identity. Now you're encroaching on my territory (figuratively and literally).

That mount idiot straight up said Illyrian-Albanian continuity was "communist propaganda". Ever since he said that every single paper has been showing how high his level of intellect is.

I think Albanian could be a Illyro-Brygian-Dardanian language with both an Illyrian and Thracian stratums

does not make sense

should be ..............Brygian ( Phygian )/Dardanian/Paeonian .............this is more exact

Illyric sits with italic and celtic from 2400BC .............Illyric split off first around circa 2200BC

check out site as per info below

Makes perfect sense, Channeled Ware influences entered Albania 1200BC, while J2b2 was already there (rumored MBA J2b sample), and then by the Iron Age they were likely Illyrianized, as Arber take their place a few hundred years later. Bryges were in Mati/Albanoi region, and then several hundred years later, Albanoi appear in their place. This Illyrian influence in the IA also stretched into Paeoni, Triballi, and Epirus. In Paeonia we see an inscription coming from Albanapolis, at Shkupi or Shtip, can't remember. We also see a similar inscription in Epirus, this is Pre-Slavic invasion, in Phoenice, today 'Finiq', also referencing coming from Albanoi region. If the Bryges were Thracians who brought Channeled Ware, it could be an early source of E-V13 in Albania & Albanians.

The Bryges were in Northern Albania, in the Mati region, where we see the Albanoi appear after some time. The Bryges also extended into Paeoni, the Sharr mountains, Shkupi. There are many links to Illyrians, Dardanians, Bryges, and Paeonians, with Albanians. Here are the Bryges in Mati, soon after they extended into Macedonia, and some went to Anatolia as the Phrygians. Here are two map below showing Brygians and Albanoi in the same spot several hundred years after Brygians are last mentioned. Were they Illyrianized? Is the name 'Arber', Illyrian, or Thracian? Why did they change their name? Were these Bryges E-V13 heavy? What happened to them? These are some questions that are worth asking. I don't have any agenda, just giving some food for thought. It's not good enough for me to conclude that Albanians are pure Illyrians or Thracians when we don't have enough data to conclude either. My views are as centered as they can be, to hear what both sides have to say with the least amount of personal bias possible. Yes, E-V13 was in Illyrians, but if some of the E-V13 in Albanians were Thracian before assimilating or fusing, why would we not want to know the source? I think the best possible candidates could be Brygians and Dardanians, this is all just food for thought, I hope no one takes it personal because I'm just giving some ideas that I think could possibly have merit.

bryges.jpg
illyrian map.jpg
It's not conclusive enough for me to say, that tribes like the Enchelae and Taulanti are pure Illyrians, just because they were in Illyria, when some sources mention them coming from early Dardanians, or having channeled ware influences or cremating. Everything we read can be used as a clue. There must be some historical link there. Even Greek mythology was onto something when they said the Illyrians, Celts, and Gauls, all descend from the same peoples, they were right in Proto-Illyrians being Bell Beaker and being influenced by and competing with Celts. There are ethnic doublets from the Balkans, into Italy and Anatolia, and they shouldn't be ignored. Some may be coincidence but many will not be. There is even archeology to back this up, Balkan-material being found in Anatolia and Italy. The fact that so many ancient tribes have been regarded as both Illyrian and Thracian, near the Jiricek Line, where Proto-Albanians formed, should not be ignored. There were natural networks from Mati to Shkupi, from Lezhe to Nish, they should not be ignored.

Again just some ideas. I'm after the truth, I could care less about pushing an agenda.

Makes perfect sense, Channeled Ware influences entered Albania 1200BC, while J2b2 was already there (rumored MBA J2b sample), and then by the Iron Age they were likely Illyrianized, as Arber take their place a few hundred years later. Bryges were in Mati/Albanoi region, and then several hundred years later, Albanoi appear in their place. This Illyrian influence in the IA also stretched into Paeoni, Triballi, and Epirus. In Paeonia we see an inscription coming from Albanapolis, at Shkupi or Shtip, can't remember. We also see a similar inscription in Epirus, this is Pre-Slavic invasion, in Phoenice, today 'Finiq', also referencing coming from Albanoi region. If the Bryges were Thracians who brought Channeled Ware, it could be an early source of E-V13 in Albania & Albanians.

The Bryges were in Northern Albania, in the Mati region, where we see the Albanoi appear after some time. The Bryges also extended into Paeoni, the Sharr mountains, Shkupi. There are many links to Illyrians, Dardanians, Bryges, and Paeonians, with Albanians. Here are the Bryges in Mati, soon after they extended into Macedonia, and some went to Anatolia as the Phrygians. Here are two map below showing Brygians and Albanoi in the same spot several hundred years after Brygians are last mentioned. Were they Illyrianized? Is the name 'Arber', Illyrian, or Thracian? Why did they change their name? Were these Bryges E-V13 heavy? What happened to them? These are some questions that are worth asking. I don't have any agenda, just giving some food for thought. It's not good enough for me to conclude that Albanians are pure Illyrians or Thracians when we don't have enough data to conclude either. My views are as centered as they can be, to hear what both sides have to say with the least amount of personal bias possible. Yes, E-V13 was in Illyrians, but if some of the E-V13 in Albanians were Thracian before assimilating or fusing, why would we not want to know the source? I think the best possible candidates could be Brygians and Dardanians, this is all just food for thought, I hope no one takes it personal because I'm just giving some ideas that I think could possibly have merit.

View attachment 13407
View attachment 13408
It's not conclusive enough for me to say, that tribes like the Enchelae and Taulanti are pure Illyrians, just because they were in Illyria, when some sources mention them coming from early Dardanians, or having channeled ware influences or cremating. Everything we read can be used as a clue. There must be some historical link there. Even Greek mythology was onto something when they said the Illyrians, Celts, and Gauls, all descend from the same peoples, they were right in Proto-Illyrians being Bell Beaker and being influenced by and competing with Celts. There are ethnic doublets from the Balkans, into Italy and Anatolia, and they shouldn't be ignored. Some may be coincidence but many will not be. There is even archeology to back this up, Balkan-material being found in Anatolia and Italy. The fact that so many ancient tribes have been regarded as both Illyrian and Thracian, near the Jiricek Line, where Proto-Albanians formed, should not be ignored. There were natural networks from Mati to Shkupi, from Lezhe to Nish, they should not be ignored.

Again just some ideas. I'm after the truth, I could care less about pushing an agenda.

Yes, the mention of Brygi within Illyrian lands by ancient authors proves that there were at the least two different language stratums within the territory of Albania. (Illyrian and Brygian).

If the Brygians were not from channeled ware but rather an older stratum (phrygian is close to greek, not a greek dialect though) that was pushed south and into anatolia during the channeled ware migrations,
then we may have to reckon with at least three different stratums of languages, the Illyrian, Brygian, and the Channelled Ware Thracoid language?

I remember an interesting argument by Aspar that the middle bronze age Brnjica culture was pushed by channeled ware more south in territories where Paeonians would later show up. Georgiev believed the Paeonian and Phrygian languages to be more closely related.

It is far more unclear than these propagandists who are trying to push their agendas are trying to make it out.

For example, they refer to the Taulanti name as being Albanian related, but this is literally where the channeled ware influence shows up in Albania, also where Brygians show up. So was this name from the Brygian or Channeled Ware influence or from the earlier stratum of J2b-l283 language people?

Likewise, they claim that I'm trying to push some sort of Kosova agenda, when I couldn't give less of a crap about this, they project their low intentions on to me, since that is how they operate and can't think beyond themselves.

Neither Nish or Shtip are in Kosova, I'm interested in finding the truth of which region the Albanian language came from, whereas they have the obsession to make sure it falls within the territory of Albania or Illyria by any means necessary (manipulation, lying, slander, etc).

Map_of_Balkans_linguistic_groups_late_3rd_millennium_BC%2C_according_to_Georgiev.png

If you spent 2 seconds reading about Illyrian tribe names, you would know a good chunk of them are linked to the Albanian languages, from the Taulanti, to the Dardani, to the Dimali, Delminium/Delvine, etc... Not to mention the most important one, where the name derives from.

Many of those like Delminium are not accepted by current linguists as being related to Albanian dele, while some like Taulanti are ethnically and linguistically mixed regions.

Why do you ignore linguistic examples from the east though which are far more numerous?:

Dacian. Amalusta [camomile]
Albanian. Ambël [sweet]

Dacian. Drubetis [placename]
Albanian. Dru [wood]

Dacian. Zermisirga [placename]
Albanian. Zjerm [fire]

Dacian. Karpates [Placename of Mountain]
Albanian. Karpë [rocky hill]

Dacian. Mantia [blackberry]
Albanian. Man [blackberry]

Dacian. Polondova, later Pelendova [placename]
Albanian. Pelë [mare] from proto-Albanian *pōl-nā,

Dacian. Patavissa [placename]
Albanian. Vis [locality, place]

Dacian. Maluensis [placename]
Albanian. Mal [mountain]

"Daco-Mysian." Ouendenis/Vindenis [placename in Eastern Dardania]
Albanian. vend [place, location]

Daco-Mysian. Vetespios/Ouetespios [epithet of a god]
Albanian. Vetë [self, person]

Dacian. Diegis [personal name of King]
Albanian. Djeg [burn]

Thracian. Diegulis [personal name of King]
Albanian. Djeg [burn]

Dacian. Burebista [personal name of King]
Albanian. Burrë [man]

Thracian. Mezenai (horseman)
Albanian. Mëz (foal)

Thracian. Dreneos [personal name]
Albanian. Dren [deer]

Dacian. Buri [Tribe name]
Albanian. Burrë [man]

This thread has been viewed 607872 times.

Back