Thoughts on my dad’s ethnicity?

Juju003

Reaction score
Hi! I’m new here.
I’m looking for some opinions on my dad’s race/ethnicity based on some photos.
My brothers and I have all asked our dad if he’d ever do a DNA test, but he acts uninterested and usually just changes the subject. Long story short, he was adopted and we have no idea who his parents were or where they came from. My brother recently ordered a DNA test for himself which should give us a better idea, but we will have to wait a while for the results. I’ve been curious about this for a long time so I figured “why not ask some strangers on the internet?”
Lately my dad has been getting a lot of “go back to Mexico” comments from ignorant, racist people (we live in North Carolina now), so the topic of race/ethnicity (and of course politics) was once again brought up at the dinner table over the holidays.
I don’t think he looks Mexican but I’m not ruling anything out. And if it helps at all, we know he was born in Cattaraugus, New York in the 1950s.

Attachments

• 98B346E2-2B5E-4C75-A07A-BB57B8B5B4CE.jpg
    98B346E2-2B5E-4C75-A07A-BB57B8B5B4CE.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 4B7A71AD-E77A-4B2B-9EDA-2E59A6E86E18.jpeg
    4B7A71AD-E77A-4B2B-9EDA-2E59A6E86E18.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 21
French father Nordic European mother

He doesn't look Mexican at all to me. If I had to guess I'd say he might have a bit of SSA, but the rest is probably standard "American" ancestry.

If traveling to U.S.A. and they shout to you: Go back to Mexico! how to act, some recommendation. If you are also a tourist who speaks English like the Indians and with a Spanish accent, you will never think that you are a tourist or it is better to wear a Mexican hat during the whole stay and whatever comes ...

This thread has been viewed 5609 times.

Back