Economy will the EU collapse ?

bicicleur 2

Reaction score
are such growth differences tennable?
where do they come from?
will EU collapse, or will there be more exits?

view

I don't think there will be more exits in the near future. Even right wing populists have mostly given up on that, because it's bad from an economic point of view. I believe Front National tanked significantly when they upped the anti-EU rhetoric.

I think we might see the formation of a conservative block within the EU itself, probably led by Italy as it looks now.

I don't think there will be more exits in the near future. Even right wing populists have mostly given up on that, because it's bad from an economic point of view. I believe Front National tanked significantly when they upped the anti-EU rhetoric.

I think we might see the formation of a conservative block within the EU itself, probably led by Italy as it looks now.
Everyone thinks that immigration will slow down because England will leave the EU, it never will until the same old aliens control the government

If Italy leaves, that would indeed be the end of the EU, but I doubt they will really do it. They may leave the euro and that would also be a problem for the euro, but that may be overcome. Europe is facing many crises now and it will be difficult to predict which one will be the worst.

The British paid, but not as much as the Germans, so the impact on the budget will not be extreme. As long as the Germans stay in, and they see the benefits still, it will be ok. The EU is problematic, but many people also realise it is the only way for Europe to remain standing in a troubled world.

What does it mean for EU-videos on Youtube ?
Macron's Approval Rating Is Still In Freefall Will It Reach Zero?

I am not sure the economy is the real issue. When the doors were opened for more countries to join in, it was clear from the outset that it would take time for European economies to level out. The process is currently under way, and no-one seems exaggeratedly impatient.

I guess the main causes of "dissent" in Europe (in Hungary, Italy, Poland, plus the rising far-right votes in Germany and the Netherlands, plus Brexit) have to do more with :
- immigration,
- the political structure itself : an unelected Commission of technocrats which makes most of the key decisions; a Parliament constantly harassed by over-powerful lobbies,
- the adamant positions of the Central Bank, which is not controlled by any political body, and remains inflexible even in times of crisis (cp. 2008 et seq)
- the arrogant, patronizing stance of the "main" countries, including mine, who lavishly bestow lessons in democracy upon whoever wishes to retain their own values, identity, and relative control over their national budgets.

Sooner or later, the constitution will have to be revised again, to clarify which fields of responsibility should be allotted to EU authorities, and which to each state.

Last edited:
Related countires should decide that what do you want Union or Pact.

If Italy leaves, that would indeed be the end of the EU, but I doubt they will really do it. They may leave the euro and that would also be a problem for the euro, but that may be overcome. Europe is facing many crises now and it will be difficult to predict which one will be the worst.

The British paid, but not as much as the Germans, so the impact on the budget will not be extreme. As long as the Germans stay in, and they see the benefits still, it will be ok. The EU is problematic, but many people also realise it is the only way for Europe to remain standing in a troubled world.

I don't think Italy will leave, it would be bad for the EU, but it would be a diseaster for Italy.
During last elections the EU was blamed for whatever went wrong in Italy and they would reintroduce the Italian lira,
but now they are in power, the Italian govenrment is very silent on these subjects.
Nevertheless Italian weak economical performance and lack of monetary discipline could become a serious problem.

Related countires should decide that what do you want Union or Pact.
The problem is that there are to many levels of political decisions in Europe.
There is the EU with lots politicians and rules.
And there are the member states with its own politicians and rules.
And all these politicians are fighting just to profile themselves for the media and for their own voting public, often getting in the way of politicians on another level of decision.
We need less politicians and less rules in Europe and in its member states.
And it should be clear what is the authority of each level, that of the EU and that of the member states, and there should be no overlap.

The problem is that there are to many levels of political decisions in Europe.
There is the EU with lots politicians and rules.
And there are the member states with its own politicians and rules.
And all these politicians are fighting just to profile themselves for the media and for their own voting public, often getting in the way of politicians on another level of decision.
We need less politicians and less rules in Europe and in its member states.
And it should be clear what is the authority of each level, that of the EU and that of the member states, and there should be no overlap.

EU need to elimate idea of member countries. The joining EU should be how Hatay state join to Turkey.

Example; Portugal/Andorra nad Spain should be one federative region like İberia without any king or president and own just one parliment. Any law which accept in parliment, should go EU head office and after their confirmation it should be legal.

But before that EU should stop the giving carrot countries like Swiss and Norway. They are like a rich people who aviod to pay tax. Germans gives money to increase live quality in poor Europe regions like Balkans.

UK are trend setters..
As soon as we go......

We will go crying to America for help.

the idea is great while the reality is much different. i hope it crumbles.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

It will collapse if the Germans do not realize that the rest of the countries are not just markets but countries to invest in, to create jobs.

It will collapse if the Germans do not realize that the rest of the countries are not just markets but countries to invest in, to create jobs.

Couldn't agree more.

I've been saying for years here, to much disapproval, usually, I might add, that the EU "will" collapse, and it should.

That's why they're being so draconian with Britain. If Brexit proves that the sky won't fall for those who pull out of the EU, it will be the beginning of the end.

This thread has been viewed 10005 times.

Back