Nature the magnetic northpole is wandering

bicicleur 2

Reaction score
something strange is happening beneath the earth crust :

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-00007-1

Earth’s magnetic field is acting up and geologists don’t know why

d41586-019-00007-1_16383826.jpg

The motion has accelerated since 1980 and even more since 2000. I don't know if there is a link, but it parallels the acceleration in global warming and the melting of the ice cap over the North pole.

It looks like compass are now more trustworth then the pass

The motion has accelerated since 1980 and even more since 2000. I don't know if there is a link, but it parallels the acceleration in global warming and the melting of the ice cap over the North pole.

Magnetic Field is caused by molten Earth's core. Any movement of the molten stuff, under the earths crust, causes change in position of magnetic pole. There are signs that in the past it has gone North pole in south and vice versa.
If the molten core becomes rigid, as time goes by, that is a real risk for life on Earth. The high speed particles are not caught by weak magnetism, they split the atmosphere's molecules causing auroras, until atmosphere disappears, etc,etc....
For now this is a normal phenomenon.
I was thinking one day if we have to fly with magnetic compass over NYC the magnetic needle will rotate like a motor from the high concentration of iron in the area from the buildings. Also the amount of magnetism in NY city should be unusual. Will it cause health problems it will remain to be seen.

I guess some climate fundamentalists would reverse the logic and claim the acceleration is due to warming climate?

This thread has been viewed 5203 times.

Back