Who are the Dardanians of Europe and Troy? ( VIDEO )

The Dardanians were most likely are our ancestors. Yes. Makes as much sense if not even more as the Bessi theory proposed by Schramm. But people will push whatever suits their agenda.

Dardanians were probably a Thracian Ilyrian hybrid but Strabo puts them as Ilyrians. They were neighors of the Thracian Bessi and Ancient Macedonians.

Probably where the word 'Bes' in Albanian stems from. A common origin.

No Thracians were Serbs and Albanians came to Macedonia much later the only thing you have a connection to is Illyrians and that's being close to their ancient location if you want to call that a genetic match or close to a genetic match besides that's not every single Albanian

I disagree, but I wasn't thinking about those Dardanians when I made that comment.

The Dardanoi were most likely Luwian judging by the single inscription and the material culture.
Yes this and at least the culture was similar

Actually that is extremely improbable, since the phrygians which were east of the Dardanians of Troy are accepted as obviously being from the balkans. As were the Mysians who were east of them.
There is something strange about the Dardanian connection not even being mentioned by barely anyone and just swept aside. Meanwhile, here is what the actual evidence about trojans being luwians is:
"At the same time one must recognize that the discussion of the ethnicity of theTrojans rests on an even shakier foundation than the debate about the ethnic constitutionof the kingdom of Arzawa. In the latter case one can at least rely on a small but cohesivecorpus of local personal names and on a number of texts that presumably emanate fromthe area.
In the instance of northwestern Anatolia our resources are limited to threepersonal names, three theonyms, and two toponyms attested in Bronze Age cuneiformsources. Going somewhat ahead, one can observe that none of these eight elements is demonstrably Luvian or even Luvic, and most of them defy linguistic identification.
Therest of the information must be supplied from the Greek poetic account of the TrojanWar, whose final redaction probably postdates the historical events underlying thenarrative by about five centuries. Finally, the ongoing excavations of Bronze Age Troyhave failed to yield a single monumental inscription, and the epigraphic evidence at ourdisposal consists of a sole Hieroglyphic Luvian seal found in Troy, whose owner cannotbe identified with any known historical figure."
SOCIOLINGUISTICS OF THE LUVIAN LANGUAGEVOLUME 1 by ILYA S. YAKUBOVICH
This guy is a Luwian expert btw..
So the evidence significantly points to Trojans NOT being Luwian. 8 linguistic elements are not even in the Luvic group. Also a Luwian seal is not a Luwian inscription, these are two different things.
Phyrgians did not originate in anatolia, they went to anatolia from the balkans. they arrived there in the early iron age, I doubt that dardanians and Phygians where ever neighbours .
Phygians where involved in wars against the Lidians circa 500BC
i will check hittite paers to see if they noted the phygians in their time in Anatolia
i agree with you on the seal

Phyrgians did not originate in anatolia, they went to anatolia from the balkans. they arrived there in the early iron age, I doubt that dardanians and Phygians where ever neighbours .
Phygians where involved in wars against the Lidians circa 500BC
i will check hittite paers to see if they noted the phygians in their time in Anatolia
i agree with you on the seal

Thats what I said, phrygians went to anatolia from the balkans. Phrygians are mentioned as being right there alongisde the rest of them during the Trojan war, the same time as Dardanians and Mysians.

It seems weird to argue that Phrygians went to Anatolia but Dardanians didn't, despite all having their correlates in the Balkans.

And Phorcys and godlike Ascanius led the Phrygians from afar, from Ascania, and were eager to fight in the press of battle (Homer, the Iliad, 2.856 - ca. 700 BCE )

Ere now have I journeyed to the land of Phrygia, rich in vines, and there I saw in multitudes the Phrygian warriors, masters of glancing steeds, even the people of Otreus and godlike Mygdon, that were then encamped along the banks of Sangarius (Homer, the Iliad, 3.181 - ca. 700 BCE )

Verily thou wilt lead me yet further on to one of the well-peopled cities of Phrygia or lovely Maeonia, if there too there be some one of mortal men who is dear to thee, seeing that now Menelaus hath conquered goodly Alexander, and is minded to lead hateful me to his home (Homer, the Iliad, 3.381 - ca. 700 BCE )

And towards Thymbre fell the lot of the Lycians and the lordly Mysians, and the Phrygians that fight from chariots and the Maeonians, lords of chariots (Homer, the Iliad, 10.412 - ca. 700 BCE )

And while he pondered thus there drew nigh to him Phoebus Apollo in the likeness of a young man and a strong, even of Asius, that was uncle to horse-taming Hector, and own brother to Hecabe, but son of Dymas, that dwelt in Phrygia by the streams of Sangarius (Homer, the Iliad, 16.698 - ca. 700 BCE )

Of old all mortal men were wont to tell of Priam's city, for its wealth of gold, its wealth of bronze; but now are its goodly treasures perished from its homes, and lo, possessions full many have been sold away to Phrygia and lovely Maeonia, since great Zeus waxed wroth (Homer, the Iliad, 18.270 - ca. 700 BCE )

'And of thee, old sire, we hear that of old thou wast blest; how of all that toward the sea Lesbos, the seat of Macar, encloseth, and Phrygia in the upland, and the boundless Hellespont, over all these folk, men say, thou, old sire, wast preeminent by reason of thy wealth and thy sons (Homer, the Iliad, 24.525 - ca. 700 BCE )

Thats what I said, phrygians went to anatolia from the balkans. Phrygians are mentioned as being right there alongisde the rest of them during the Trojan war, the same time as Dardanians and Mysians.
It seems weird to argue that Phrygians went to Anatolia but Dardanians didn't, despite all having their correlates in the Balkans.
And Phorcys and godlike Ascanius led the Phrygians from afar, from Ascania, and were eager to fight in the press of battle (Homer, the Iliad, 2.856 - ca. 700 BCE )
Ere now have I journeyed to the land of Phrygia, rich in vines, and there I saw in multitudes the Phrygian warriors, masters of glancing steeds, even the people of Otreus and godlike Mygdon, that were then encamped along the banks of Sangarius (Homer, the Iliad, 3.181 - ca. 700 BCE )
Verily thou wilt lead me yet further on to one of the well-peopled cities of Phrygia or lovely Maeonia, if there too there be some one of mortal men who is dear to thee, seeing that now Menelaus hath conquered goodly Alexander, and is minded to lead hateful me to his home (Homer, the Iliad, 3.381 - ca. 700 BCE )
And towards Thymbre fell the lot of the Lycians and the lordly Mysians, and the Phrygians that fight from chariots and the Maeonians, lords of chariots (Homer, the Iliad, 10.412 - ca. 700 BCE )
And while he pondered thus there drew nigh to him Phoebus Apollo in the likeness of a young man and a strong, even of Asius, that was uncle to horse-taming Hector, and own brother to Hecabe, but son of Dymas, that dwelt in Phrygia by the streams of Sangarius (Homer, the Iliad, 16.698 - ca. 700 BCE )
Of old all mortal men were wont to tell of Priam's city, for its wealth of gold, its wealth of bronze; but now are its goodly treasures perished from its homes, and lo, possessions full many have been sold away to Phrygia and lovely Maeonia, since great Zeus waxed wroth (Homer, the Iliad, 18.270 - ca. 700 BCE )
'And of thee, old sire, we hear that of old thou wast blest; how of all that toward the sea Lesbos, the seat of Macar, encloseth, and Phrygia in the upland, and the boundless Hellespont, over all these folk, men say, thou, old sire, wast preeminent by reason of thy wealth and thy sons (Homer, the Iliad, 24.525 - ca. 700 BCE )
I am saying that I need to see hittite texts at the time of the trojan war and see if Phygians or something like them exists
How can dardanians speak Luwian if the Troas lands ( where troy and dardania where ) was not luwian in language?
I am starting to think it was either a proto-thraco language or something completely different ............it could be proto-ionion Greek ........need to check what samothrace spoke at that time

I am saying that I need to see hittite texts at the time of the trojan war and see if Phygians or something like them exists
How can dardanians speak Luwian if the Troas lands ( where troy and dardania where ) was not luwian in language?
I am starting to think it was either a proto-thraco language or something completely different ............it could be proto-ionion Greek ........need to check what samothrace spoke at that time

Seek and you shall find

/phys.org/news/2017-10-luwian-hieroglyphic-inscription-bronze-age.html

There is no hittite texts about Phygians...
According to the historian Herodotus and the geographer Strabo, Phrygians were a European nation, and were called as “Bhrygians” before they came to Anatolia. Phrygians are assumed to have arrived in Anatolia most probably passing through Macedonia – Thrace and the Straits in 1200s BC, to have set up temporary settlements in Thrace and in the south of Marmara in the early years, and later to have spread into the interiors of Anatolia. The time when Phrygians, which were in the form of little monarchies tried to form the first political unity in Anatolia was in 750s BC.
according to the above, the Phygians moved to Anatolia after the trojan war and after the demise of the Hittites

Quoting myself from a PM:
what is the chance that the modern Albanian population, or at least the Gheg majority, find their ancient relatives, and populace genesis in Western Anatolia >1300BC.

This would explain grammar and language similarities with ancient Greek, Armenian by geographical location.

Also, the Dardans are mentioned in the Iliad as one of the two ruling dynasties in Troy. They fought on the side of "Pelasgian", Thracian, and Moesian tribes in what could be considered the first "World War", even Aetheopians participated.

That geographic region between Scumander, Dardaneles, and mount Ida is precisely where a huge technological leap took place ~3000 years ago, with the bronze age separation of Gold from Silver, creating the first reliable currency, and thus setting in motion the Troyan War... I highly doubt such an "international" war for the time would take place as a siege for 10Years between countless belligerents simply for a woman, there must have been underlying conflict of interest.

How wrong am I in pursuing this path of research? Is it a blind path?

Based on the genetic and mythological evidence I have seen:

EV-13 and J2B were two populations which melted in western Anatolia to create proto-Albanians. J2B most likely were bull, and Baal worshiping Caucasians, pastoralist by sustenance with great knowledge of metallurgy and smithing. While EV-13 made its way through Crete, having previously nested among Palestine and Egypt, if not Ethiopia even earlier. E-V13, IMO, would have been farmers. The niche compatibility could have made for their coexistence in Western Anatolia. J2B however would have come to the Balkans in 2 ways: One through the Carpathian gap in Bassarabia having gone around the black sea, creating the proto-Thracians, and Gaets and proto Daco-Romanians as well as potentially the other Thracians and Illyrians. While the other branch would have gotten to Dardania through Ilium, Macedon, Vardar , Dardania. By the time they meet again around >700 BC they have common elements of culture, but they would not have had the same language... hence the Illyrian/Thracian divide.

According to Iliad this is plausible...
According to Argonautica this is also plausible... If Aenea could stop in Dardania(Kosovo) before stopping in the Berber region and finally in Etruria during that time period, who is to say proto-Albanians could not have done the same thing...

Both Aenea, and Hyllus were from asia minor, descendants of Heracles. The feud between Heracle and the dynasties of Argos imo forshadow the East and West divide that would follow in the coming ages under many avatars. In one of which avatars ancient Greek and proto-Albanian would have begun to differentiate, reflecting the aegean-asia minor divide. Furthermore the Dorians are considered by many a historian, as descendants of Heracles, throguh Hyllus, and finally Hyllis... which could easily be the progenitor of the people proto-greeks from Argos would have called firstly Dorians, and lastly Illyrian. Furthermore... Iliad is named after the City of Ilium. Oh did I mention "Hyllus and his brothers invaded Peloponnese... They withdrew to Thesaly, where Aegimus, the mythical ancestor of the Dorians, part of his territory. After the death of Aegimius, his two sons voluntarily submitted to Hyllus" Meaning the same people initially knows as the Dorians, were descendants of Heracles from Asia Minor. These Dorians would later be ruled, by another son of Heracles recently moved from Asia minor named Hyllus.... Meaning there is a gene flow as well as cultural continuity, yet without a cohesive self identification as "Illyrians".

If indeed the proto-Albanian language was in Troy 1300 BC we would find some evidence today. Thesaurus one of the largest dictionaries implies "thesaurus" is derived from ancient greek, of unknown origin. Yet in Albanian Thes - Bag, Ar - Gold. Thesar - Treasure. We would also find naming continuity between Troyan/Ilian-->Dorian-->Illyrian-->Albanian. For that we have Darda as a repeating root, and similar toponyms based on fruit Grape Rrush - Ragush - Ragusa, Peach - Pshka/Pjeshk - Rashka , Aegim - Dawn as personal name, Hylas, Hylus, Yllis variations Star as personal name. Agron as both King in Illyria 400BC and King of Lydia 1300BC. "Agron (fl. c.1192 BC) was a legendary king of Lydia who is named by Herodotus as the first of the Lydian Heraclid dynasty. Herodotus' computation suggests c.1192 BC for Agron's accession."
Furthermore even the name Tehuta, queen in Lydia,repeats with the Illyrians some 1000 years later as Teuta.

-
/bibleplaces . com/ sardis / Mountain with name Sardis in Asia minor... looks like a saw/sharp. Sar mountains Macedonia/Kosovo/Albania also look like a saw.... The endonym or toponym comes from protoIndEuropean for Sharp... similar in pronunciation and meaning to to Middle Age words such as Shpata/Spata/Sopata in Albanian, and Sparta in Classical Greece, with equivalents also in Latin. There is equivalent of the word in ancient Persian which I have sadly forgot.

I hope I have not made a fool of myself, yet constructive criticism is welcome.

SOME HERE MUST PUT THE TIMING,

1) proto-BRYGIANS EXISTED NORTH PROTO GREEKS
IN SHARD MOUNTAINS meaning diged land compare Greek Σκορδυλη Shard in Greek Skord
2) Brygians left the land pushed by Illyrians to southern areas nearby Thracians and Makedonians
Edessa (water city in Brygian)
3) the same time that Karanos creates his kingdom in Pieria and Ematheia Brygians move Eastern and move to minor Asia to Phrygia
4) The remaing Brygians 'enter Makedonian Kingdom' as ΜΥΓΔΟΝΕΣ -MYGdonia (mugdones in sound)
5)The Gordium is the place where Alexander tried to take Phrygians with his side, cause by legend Makedonians and Brygians were considered allies,

So
Proto-home of Brygians is what is today North Albania Skorda lake
the historical times they were pushed by Illyrians and primary their land is today parts of N Epirus, Makedonia and Fyrom (southern city is Edessa)
by Karanos times they already abandoned Epirus and Paionia and moved to what is named today Mygdonia and minor Asia.

Brygians were considered part/bone structure of Makedonian kingdom, and assimilated to it.
Alexander expected Phrygians to do so

KARANOS founder of Makedonian Kingdom Found Brygians at Edessa.
so Brygians surely existed at 800 BC in Makedonia,

GENERALLY IT IS CONSIDERED THAT BRYGIAN MOVE HAPPENED SAME TIME OR AFTER DORIAN DESCENT.
most possible with the
1rst Colonization or after it,

So there is no possibility that Brygians moved to minor Asia before 1200 BC
since belong to the non Mycenean, non Minoan, world of S balkans,
but next to Proto-Greek world

their moved is about 1200 -750 BC

On the other hand
if we use Diakonov's historical theory
then Brygians never existed
but Only Phrygians

YET
IF WE USE R. WOODARD work
Then Latin Brygian and Greek comes from the same family,
meaning
MAYBE PROTO-GREEK WERE MORE NORTH THAN GEORGIEV PLACE IT,
AND KEPT SOME OLDER SOUNDS, in North Dialects.
SO SOUTHERN GREEKS LIKE HERODOTOS RECOGN AS BRYGIAN

what is the chance that the modern Albanian population, or at least the Gheg majority, find their ancient relatives, and populace genesis in Western Anatolia >1300BC.

This would explain grammar and language similarities with ancient Greek, Armenian by geographical location.

Also, the Dardans are mentioned in the Iliad as one of the two ruling dynasties in Troy. They fought on the side of "Pelasgian", Thracian, and Moesian tribes in what could be considered the first "World War", even Aetheopians participated.

That geographic region between Scumander, Dardaneles, and mount Ida is precisely where a huge technological leap took place ~3000 years ago, with the bronze age separation of Gold from Silver, creating the first reliable currency, and thus setting in motion the Troyan War... I highly doubt such an "international" war for the time would take place as a siege for 10Years between countless belligerents simply for a woman, there must have been underlying conflict of interest.

Actually I think you may be seeing the evidences "upside down": even if it is true that Pre-Albanian speakers were Dardanians and were in Troy (Northwestern Anatolia) by 1300-1200 B.C., what the video posted in the beginning of this thread claims and I also think is much more likely is that they were newcomers from the Balkans, so the movement, if it happened, was probably Balkans > Anatolia, not the other way around. From the Late Bronze Age onwards, the Greeks, Phrygians, Mysians, Thracians and other peoples who were probably already established since long ago in the Balkans migrated to Western Anatolia. If the Dardanians were part of that process, they also came from Dardania or whatever was their early homeland in the Balkans (maybe a bit more to the south, as they seem to have had open access to the Aegean). Armenians themselves may have come from the Balkans, considering that in the Bronze Age their future territory was already inhabited by literate societies (Hurrians, Urartians, Anatolian IEs) and there is simply no Armenian-like inscription or name before the end of the Bronze Age there.

Mr I don't source my points, give me sources.

Give me first text that mentions Pyrgians or Bryges or Bregas or any variant you like >500 bc north of Argos. If you are going to use Herodotus mentioning how he thinks Bryges are Thracian and come from the Balkans does not count. He mentions them ~800 years after they have already been in Anatolia, for 500 years even ruling first in the Heracle Dynasty the later in the Gyges dynasty in Lydian, Troad territory.

And also please for the love of god use sources. I am pretty skeptical to bull... on the net.

Guys we have to choose

brygians left Before illyrians?

2) brygians moved before or After 1rst Greek colonization?

3)If Phrygians are the people that Diakonov Describes,
Then there is no Connectivity among Balkans and minor Asia
meaning that Phrygians in that case are older than Brygians

Actually I think you may be seeing the evidences "upside down": even if it is true that Pre-Albanian speakers were Dardanians and were in Troy (Northwestern Anatolia) by 1300-1200 B.C., what the video posted in the beginning of this thread claims and I also think is much more likely is that they were newcomers from the Balkans, so the movement, if it happened, was probably Balkans > Anatolia, not the other way around. From the Late Bronze Age onwards, the Greeks, Phrygians, Mysians, Thracians and other peoples who were probably already established since long ago in the Balkans migrated to Western Anatolia. If the Dardanians were part of that process, they also came from Dardania or whatever was their early homeland in the Balkans (maybe a bit more to the south, as they seem to have had open access to the Aegean). Armenians themselves may have come from the Balkans, considering that in the Bronze Age their future territory was already inhabited by literate societies (Hurrians, Urartians, Anatolian IEs) and there is simply no Armenian-like inscription or name before the end of the Bronze Age there.

Fair point, either way all I am looking for is the truth, I got no agenda behind my posts...

If someone can mention when were the Dardans first mentioned in the Balkans?
When were they first mentioned to be in the Troad?

"e Royal House of Troy was also divided into two branches, that of the Dardanoi, and that of the Trojans (their city being called Troy, or sometimes Ilion/Ilium). The House of the Dardanoi (its members being the Dardanids, Gr: Δαρδανίδαι; Lt: Dardanidae) was older than the House of Troy, but Troy later became more powerful"

Everyone here is so put off by Serb propaganda about "From Anatolia" they seem to be put off by the idea completely even if its >3000 years ago. You would have me believe that Illyrians at their peak and mentioned around 7-4 century BC were the ancestral lands to people who had the height of their kingdoms 3-4k years ago... I really do not know what to say. Hisarlik means place of Castles, you want me to believe what the Seljuks named Hisarlik, that has Troy under Troy in archeology going far back from anything found even in Argos Greece, or Dardania or Modern Albania were a result of what direction of migration?

I am after the truth... not we were Autochtonous BS .... The only Autochtones in EU were Neanderthals... and what happened to them... I guess the truth will come out in time.

There is no hittite texts about Phygians...
According to the historian Herodotus and the geographer Strabo, Phrygians were a European nation, and were called as “Bhrygians” before they came to Anatolia. Phrygians are assumed to have arrived in Anatolia most probably passing through Macedonia – Thrace and the Straits in 1200s BC, to have set up temporary settlements in Thrace and in the south of Marmara in the early years, and later to have spread into the interiors of Anatolia. The time when Phrygians, which were in the form of little monarchies tried to form the first political unity in Anatolia was in 750s BC.
according to the above, the Phygians moved to Anatolia after the trojan war and after the demise of the Hittites

Something that is really intriguing is that the Trojan War (the latest phase of Troy which seems to have been destroyed by fire) can be estimated to have happened around 1180 B.C. And the end of the Bronze Age, possibly in the 1300-1200 B.C., is exactly the period when arguably Balkanic peoples like Phrygians, Armenians and maybe a few others (Greeks included, who were clearly invaders in Troy) started to arrive in Anatolia.

Guys we have to choose

brygians left Before illyrians?

2) brygians moved before or After 1rst Greek colonization?

3)If Phrygians are the people that Diakonov Describes,
Then there is no Connectivity among Balkans and minor Asia
meaning that Phrygians in that case are older than Brygians

You see what I mean? Thanks for the common sense... I'm not crazy after all.

Something that is really intriguing is that the Trojan War (the latest phase of Troy which seems to have been destroyed by fire) can be estimated to have happened around 1180 B.C. And the end of the Bronze Age, possibly in the 1300-1200 B.C., is exactly the period when arguably Balkanic peoples like Phrygians, Armenians and maybe a few others (Greeks included, who were clearly invaders in Troy) started to arrive in Anatolia.

Check this out... these people after the sack of Troy might have continued all the way to Palestine and Egypt in what Biblically is described as the Sea Peoples. https://phys.org/news/2017-10-luwian-hieroglyphic-inscription-bronze-age.html

I have a feeling we will learn a lot more about Albanian and Proto Albanian and Proto Greek cultures the moment we descipher Linear B.

Mr I don't source my points, give me sources.

Give me first text that mentions Pyrgians or Bryges or Bregas or any variant you like >500 bc north of Argos. If you are going to use Herodotus mentioning how he thinks Bryges are Thracian and come from the Balkans does not count. He mentions them ~800 years after they have already been in Anatolia, for 500 years even ruling first in the Heracle Dynasty the later in the Gyges dynasty in Lydian, Troad territory.

And also please for the love of god use sources. I am pretty skeptical to bull... on the net.

if you sent me a privy message...for some reason i cannot respond....so see below

a possibility...since the trojan war as a trade war for access to the black sea
but as per 2017 paper , illyrian origin in black sea modern moldova lands...they arrived in central europe ( noricum, which is east austria ) circa 1600BC......they are part of the Halstatt culture with the celts.
The Dardanians are anatolians, via origins in Samothrace.......so origins of illyrians and dardanians difer.............besides Greek historians even called Epirotes as illyrian, it was a greek term for the northern barbaric people.
I am here to seek the truth and the truth is not what albanians where taught as propaganda by their government in the 1970's that they are Illyrians. I have been saying for over 2 years that albanian origin in Europe could only have come initially from the dardanians who also had ownership of the fertile lands called Moesia, lands that thracians and macedonians wanted as their own
even all medieval and renaissanece italian literature called albanians epirotes....clearly between roman times or prior to the medieval Albanians ( dardanians ) formed some sort of union with epirotes

if you sent me a privy message...for some reason i cannot respond....so see below

a possibility...since the trojan war as a trade war for access to the black sea
but as per 2017 paper , illyrian origin in black sea modern moldova lands...they arrived in central europe ( noricum, which is east austria ) circa 1600BC......they are part of the Halstatt culture with the celts.
The Dardanians are anatolians, via origins in Samothrace.......so origins of illyrians and dardanians difer.............besides Greek historians even called Epirotes as illyrian, it was a greek term for the northern barbaric people.
I am here to seek the truth and the truth is not what albanians where taught as propaganda by their government in the 1970's that they are Illyrians. I have been saying for over 2 years that albanian origin in Europe could only have come initially from the dardanians who also had ownership of the fertile lands called Moesia, lands that thracians and macedonians wanted as their own
even all medieval and renaissanece italian literature called albanians epirotes....clearly between roman times or prior to the medieval Albanians ( dardanians ) formed some sort of union with epirotes

Apologies again for quoting myself from another thread, yes it was me who sent you the message. And I fully agree with you. I do believe part of the J2B2 took another way into the balkans, around the black sea, through the carpatians into Dacia and Gaeta. I will quote myself for convenience.

"I suspect J2B2 was present ~>3300 years ago among proto-Thracian, proto-Illyrian/Pelasgian, proto-Dacian and Gaet populations... stemming from a common origin in the caucasus >4k years ago, and having taken two separate paths to the balkans, leading to the divide among Thracian/Dacian/Illyrian populations when they arriven the balaksn destination. One path of J2B2 would have taken would be around the black sea, through the Bassarabian gap in the Carpathian mountains as shephers, while the other path would have been through western Anatolia into Macedon - Vardar - Dardania. Hence the similarties, as well as the many differences from modern Romanian and Albanian, as well as the obvious pre-Slavic substratum in slavic languages today in the Balkans.

In Albanian Bregas, means costal people... Yet Breg, or Berg means Mountain and Castel in the respective proto-slavic and proto-germanic languages respectively. Bryges were indeed living in the coast, while Dardans were landlocked in Kosovo.

"Bryges or Briges (Greek: Βρύγοι or Βρίγες) is the historical name given to a people of the ancient Balkans. They are generally considered to have been related to the Phyrigans, who during classical antiquity lived in western Anatolia"

Thracian tribes, Pelasgian Tribes, were among the allies of the Troyans, among whom the Dardans were one of the two leading dynasties ~3300 years ago according to homer. Among the people that fought in the Trojan War these groups probably had an alliance based on common culture or shared values/ways of life, or even origin. If the hypothesis I gave above is to be taken seriously, J2B2 segment of Albanian population were similar in Blood and in language to the Thracians as well as Dacians and Gaets, so I would suspect J2B2 to be present among the pastoral communities in the region and possibly all the way to Ukraine, as well as Anatolia, with a common ancestor in Caucasus, yet differentiated do to the path they took into the Balkans to the point where Thracian and Illyrian had to be classified as different languages."

Based on the genetic and mythological evidence I have seen:
EV-13 and J2B were two populations which melted in western Anatolia to create proto-Albanians. J2B most likely were bull, and Baal worshiping Caucasians, pastoralist by sustenance with great knowledge of metallurgy and smithing. While EV-13 made its way through Crete, having previously nested among Palestine and Egypt, if not Ethiopia even earlier. E-V13, IMO, would have been farmers. The niche compatibility could have made for their coexistence in Western Anatolia. J2B however would have come to the Balkans in 2 ways: One through the Carpathian gap in Bassarabia having gone around the black sea, creating the proto-Thracians, and Gaets and proto Daco-Romanians as well as potentially the other Thracians and Illyrians. While the other branch would have gotten to Dardania through Ilium, Macedon, Vardar , Dardania. By the time they meet again around >700 BC they have common elements of culture, but they would not have had the same language... hence the Illyrian/Thracian divide.
According to Iliad this is plausible...
According to Argonautica this is also plausible... If Aenea could stop in Dardania(Kosovo) before stopping in the Berber region and finally in Etruria during that time period, who is to say proto-Albanians could not have done the same thing...
Both Aenea, and Hyllus were from asia minor, descendants of Heracles. The feud between Heracle and the dynasties of Argos imo forshadow the East and West divide that would follow in the coming ages under many avatars. In one of which avatars ancient Greek and proto-Albanian would have begun to differentiate, reflecting the aegean-asia minor divide. Furthermore the Dorians are considered by many a historian, as descendants of Heracles, throguh Hyllus, and finally Hyllis... which could easily be the progenitor of the people proto-greeks from Argos would have called firstly Dorians, and lastly Illyrian. Furthermore... Iliad is named after the City of Ilium. Oh did I mention "Hyllus and his brothers invaded Peloponnese... They withdrew to Thesaly, where Aegimus, the mythical ancestor of the Dorians, part of his territory. After the death of Aegimius, his two sons voluntarily submitted to Hyllus" Meaning the same people initially knows as the Dorians, were descendants of Heracles from Asia Minor. These Dorians would later be ruled, by another son of Heracles recently moved from Asia minor named Hyllus.... Meaning there is a gene flow as well as cultural continuity, yet without a cohesive self identification as "Illyrians".
If indeed the proto-Albanian language was in Troy 1300 BC we would find some evidence today. Thesaurus one of the largest dictionaries implies "thesaurus" is derived from ancient greek, of unknown origin. Yet in Albanian Thes - Bag, Ar - Gold. Thesar - Treasure. We would also find naming continuity between Troyan/Ilian-->Dorian-->Illyrian-->Albanian. For that we have Darda as a repeating root, and similar toponyms based on fruit Grape Rrush - Ragush - Ragusa, Peach - Pshka/Pjeshk - Rashka , Aegim - Dawn as personal name, Hylas, Hylus, Yllis variations Star as personal name. Agron as both King in Illyria 400BC and King of Lydia 1300BC. "Agron (fl. c.1192 BC) was a legendary king of Lydia who is named by Herodotus as the first of the Lydian Heraclid dynasty. Herodotus' computation suggests c.1192 BC for Agron's accession."
Furthermore even the name Tehuta, queen in Lydia,repeats with the Illyrians some 1000 years later as Teuta.

-
/bibleplaces . com/ sardis / Mountain with name Sardis in Asia minor... looks like a saw/sharp. Sar mountains Macedonia/Kosovo/Albania also look like a saw.... The endonym or toponym comes from protoIndEuropean for Sharp... similar in pronunciation and meaning to to Middle Age words such as Shpata/Spata/Sopata in Albanian, and Sparta in Classical Greece, with equivalents also in Latin. There is equivalent of the word in ancient Persian which I have sadly forgot.
I hope I have not made a fool of myself, yet constructive criticism is welcome.
There a 2 thoughts on the language in the troas ( troy ) , some say it is Luwian and some say it is not , Trojans neighbours along the coast looking at europe are...Mysians, then thracians, then Palaic ...........this ( palaic )being as some say a sub-branch of Luwian

This thread has been viewed 72761 times.

Back