Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
See:

G.Gonzalez-Fortes et al:
https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/full/10.1098/rspb.2018.2288

"[FONT=&quot]Being at the western fringe of Europe, Iberia had a peculiar prehistory and a complex pattern of Neolithization. A few studies, all based on modern populations, reported the presence of DNA of likely African origin in this region, generally concluding it was the result of recent gene flow, probably during the Islamic period. Here, we provide evidence of much older gene flow from Africa to Iberia by sequencing whole genomes from four human remains from northern Portugal and southern Spain dated around 4000 years BP (from the Middle Neolithic to the Bronze Age). We found one of them to carry an unequivocal sub-Saharan mitogenome of most probably West or West-Central African origin, to our knowledge never reported before in prehistoric remains outside Africa. Our analyses of ancient nuclear genomes show small but significant levels of sub-Saharan African affinity in several ancient Iberian samples, which indicates that what we detected was not an occasional individual phenomenon, but an admixture event recognizable at the population level. We interpret this result as evidence of an early migration process from Africa into the Iberian Peninsula through a western route, possibly across the Strait of Gibraltar."

If correct, it means that once again the programs purporting to date admixture seem to pick up only the most recent event. [/FONT]

Very interesting

giHCPyG.png

yes, very interesting, now as the steppe autosomal in COV20126 is linked to African mt DNA I must admit that the steppe theory is right... only to change the Pontic steppe by the Sahel one!
;)

just irony, realy I need much to deal with Reich fans

yes, very interesting, now as the steppe autosomal in COV20126 is linked to African mt DNA I must admit that the steppe theory is right... only to change the Pontic steppe by the Sahel one!
;)

There is no "steppe" in that sample: it's typical Iberian Middle Neolithic/Chalcolithic.

Plus, since you like irony: what a surprise if mtDna and yDna in a sample should come from different migrations from different time periods. That would overturn all modern population genetics! :)

quite weird, at K7 neither steppe nor BB / CWC display CHG

Alain Affelou:

The WHG (orange) and Anatolian Neolithic (blue) are the major genome components in all our four Iberian samples, although at K = 7, a component (pink) associated with the Russian Steppes, is already visible in COV20126.

None at K6, at K7 the tiniest smidgeon of "steppe".

All as expected I would say...a late, gradual entrance into Iberia.

It doesn't matter whether it's a big lab or a small one, international/American, or Spanish. The narrative is consistent.

What do you mean, I swear BB has CHG, and CWC definitely has quite a lot of it. Is that what this paper says?
at K6 the green CHG is present in steppe and CWC, at K7 the green which is 2/3 in CHG disappears in such pops, weird, but to me ok as it goes for my first bet about IE from Kievan Rus.

at K6 the green CHG is present in steppe and CWC, at K7 the green which is 2/3 in CHG disappears in such pops, weird, but to me ok as it goes for my first bet about IE from Kievan Rus.

very weird
at K=7 the CHG splits in 2 components, and only one of them is in steppe

I guess this is one of the flaws of K admixture, which splits into different components depending on what populations are compared in the mix

None at K6, at K7 the tiniest smidgeon of "steppe".

All as expected I would say...a late, gradual entrance into Iberia.

It doesn't matter whether it's a big lab or a small one, international/American, or Spanish. The narrative is consistent.

at K7 there is a diluted but clear signal of steppe in BA Iberia which wasn't there in MN/Chl Iberia
it has to do with the R1b-P312 expansion in Europe, which was not accompanied by any specific mtDNA : they took local wives along the way of their expansion

if you accept K7 then you must accept that Iran Neolithic and Anatolia Chalco had already been invaded by Yamnayans before they popped up in the steppes... weird again?

;)

See just like i said in another thread, you are quoting Steppe or IE's without even being it the matter of the subject...

I must be blind but where exactly this sentence " Our analyses of ancient nuclear genomes show small but significant levels of sub-Saharan African affinity in several ancient Iberian samples, which indicates that what we detected was not an occasional individual phenomenon, but an admixture event recognizable at the population level. " Is shown into the admixture chart?

I must be blind but where exactly this sentence " [FONT=&]Our analyses of ancient nuclear genomes show small but significant levels of sub-Saharan African affinity in several ancient Iberian samples, which indicates that what we detected was not an occasional individual phenomenon, but an admixture event recognizable at the population level. " Is shown into the admixture chart? [/FONT]

it's not in the PCA, nor in K6 or K7
it is only detectable with D- and f3-statistics

Even as they dont find SSA admixture in the individual with African mtDNA they downgrade other samples till get such admixture... but the guy is so problematic that he dont display it even so.
:)

For these programs I'm getting the impression that behave like the best Marx bro.

View attachment 10645

it's not in the PCA, nor in K6 or K7
it is only detectable with D- and f3-statistics

And do we know what kind of sub-saharian ancestry did they found, what was the prehistoric proxy for it Mota, Nachikufu? Or is it modern SSA ancestry? Also why they express specifically an emphasis on SSA ancestry and not African one in general? Hard time to imagine that individual in prehistoric Spain with SSA ancestry, didn't have North African ancestry too no?

SSA proxies were ancient South Africans: Ballito Bay (Khoisan) and Iron Age (Bantu), both gave (barely) significant D stats.

SSA proxies were ancient South Africans: Ballito Bay (Khoisan) and Iron Age (Bantu), both gave (barely) significant D stats.

how old is the Ballito Bay (Khoisan)?
were they herders or HG?

domesticated animals arrived in S.-Africa ca 2 ka through contact with herders from PPNB Levantine descent

Mota or the Malawi HG would have been a better reference to compare against

according to Ted Kendal, this is the Y-DNA :
Ted Kandell is met Max De Plum en 3 anderen.
19 januari om 21:23
The new Ancient Iberian Genomes unpublished study, PRJEB29189, has three whole genomes that have high-coverage Y-DNA sequences from 4500-3500 ybp. Vadim, can you add these to the YFull tree?
No "Steppe" / "Bell Beaker" ancestry in Iberia yet.
The haplogroups are as follows.
Who are the "lucky winners" here who match them on the YFull tree?
A spreadsheet of all the Y SNPs for these ancient Iberian individuals:
https://docs.google.com/…/1thcQUVLKga7YPtv1mj0d9fakXD…/edit…
https://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena/data/view/PRJEB29189
LU339 "partial" I-Y3749:
https://yfull.com/tree/I-Y3749/
AMM080/Y4661/FGC7133+
FGC7139/Y3749-
COV20126 I-Y34539*:
https://yfull.com/tree/I-Y34539/
LD270 "partial" H-Y20838:
https://yfull.com/tree/H-Y20838/
Z19077+
Z19083+
Z19118+
Y21665-
Y21636-
Y20840-
Y20836-
Y21673-
Y21633-
Y21635-
Y21640-

it doesn't match the Y-DNA published in the study itself (G2a2b)
a sloppy job?

This thread has been viewed 23549 times.

Back