Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Family Finder (Publish your results)

Regular Member Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 31.0%

Ethnic group
    White Brazilian

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuvanè View Post
    Hi Stuvanè

The attached file image, which you can also see in the link, if you can not open the attached image, was originally posted by Angela and can help you make a comparison with your FTDNA - My Ancient European Origins data.

Regards.

IMG_1354.JPG

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uza...ew?usp=sharing

1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1B U106 L44
    MtDNA haplogroup
    A2

Ethnic group
    Mixed , mostly Italian

My results

Sent from my SM-G930F using Eupedia Forum mobile app

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1B U106 L44
    MtDNA haplogroup
    A2

Ethnic group
    Mixed , mostly Italian

Level

Ethnic group
    White Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by italouruguayan View Post
    Hello, Italouruguayan.

You are a very diverse European, with an additional 19% of American DNA.

Significant DNA presence from Southeastern Europe, Eastern Europe, and the East Middle East may indicate that you have Italian ascendence from Central and Southern Italy.

On the other hand, when we speak of the British Isles, we are talking about Germanic DNA and Celtic DNA, very present both in the Iberian peninsula and in northern Italy. We can not forget that there is a lot of Iberian DNA also in Italy.

To sum it up, I'd say you're an Italian, with Iberian and Native American spices,

Greetings.

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    Hi Stuvanè

The attached file image, which you can also see in the link, if you can not open the attached image, was originally posted by Angela and can help you make a comparison with your FTDNA - My Ancient European Origins data.

Regards.

IMG_1354.JPG

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uza...ew?usp=sharing
    Thanks, Duarte. Being from Eastern Emilia/Romagna (northern Italy), I find my results fairly in line with the sample from Bergamo and somehow intermediate between the Basque and the Bulgarian ones.

Level

Ethnic group
    White Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by Stuvanè View Post
    Thanks, Duarte. Being from Eastern Emilia/Romagna (northern Italy), I find my results fairly in line with the sample from Bergamo and somehow intermediate between the Basque and the Bulgarian ones.
    You’re welcome, Stuvanè.
    Yes. I believe that's you are right. As you are 100% European and 100% Italian, the samples posted by Angela are perfect for you to analyze. For someone who is not 100% European or someone who is 100% European, but with very diverse origins, I believe that these samples would not be very useful. But in your case, I think they are perfect.
    Regards.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1B U106 L44
    MtDNA haplogroup
    A2

Ethnic group
    Mixed , mostly Italian

Thank you very much Duarte!
    When I did my first genetic test (Geno 2.0 Next Generation), the results of the autosomal DNA coincided quite well with my previous intuitions. But one thing surprised me: the "9% Arabian". My father has 100% origins from the north of Italy, and my maternal grandparents were from the north of Uruguay, where there is the highest percentage of European, Native American and African admixture. Until I found out that my grandmother had a Neapolitan grandfather ... maybe that percentage "Arab" in reality represents the south of Italy ...

Level

Ethnic group
    White Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by italouruguayan View Post
    Thank you very much Duarte!
    When I did my first genetic test (Geno 2.0 Next Generation), the results of the autosomal DNA coincided quite well with my previous intuitions. But one thing surprised me: the "9% Arabian". My father has 100% origins from the north of Italy, and my maternal grandparents were from the north of Uruguay, where there is the highest percentage of European, Native American and African admixture. Until I found out that my grandmother had a Neapolitan grandfather ... maybe that percentage "Arab" in reality represents the south of Italy ...
    Certainly, Italouruguayan.

The DNA percentages of West Asia and the Arabian Peninsula increases at the same time that you are walking to the southern of the Italian peninsula, having its peaks in Calabria and Sicily.

Regards.

Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Certainly, Italouruguayan.

About the Geno2:

The DNA percentages of West Asia and the Arabian Peninsula increases at the same time that you are walking to the southern of the Italian peninsula, having its peaks in Calabria and Sicily.

Regards.
    about the Geno2:
    http://imgur.com/CaLNUju

Level

Ethnic group
    White Brazilian

A little fun is always good.
    We do not have to take everything so seriously.
    There are no races or ethnicities among modern humans.
    The autosomal tests only indicate to us the probable origin of our paternal and maternal ancestors and the path they may have traveled through the centuries.
    It's nice to see the history told through our DNA.
    We do not need to be proud or ashamed of our origins, because, after all, Adam and Eve were born in Africa perhaps some 320,000 years ago.
    Let's relax and have some fun with an excerpt from "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert" where he makes an entertaining approach about the companies that sell autosomal DNA tests. Have fun:

https://youtu.be/yvS2gjMMXBQ

Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Attachment 10730

As a Brazilian of typical Portuguese, African and Native ancestry, I'm puzzled by the 14% "British Isles". 4% Eastern Europe seems odd as well.
    Also, what a crazy mixture.

Level

Ethnic group
    White Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by Degredado View Post
    Attachment 10730

As a Brazilian of typical Portuguese, African and Native ancestry, I'm puzzled by the 14% "British Isles". 4% Eastern Europe seems odd as well.
    Also, what a crazy mixture.
    Hello Degredado, my dear countryman.

Until proven otherwise, I have no reason to contest the results of companies operating in the DNA testing market.

It is a business like any other and that currently involves billions of dollars and has been growing exponentially.

The success of this companies in a highly competitive market depends on its credibility with the consumers of the services.

No reputable company would dare to falsify clients' results and lose their credibility, and hence to see itselves excluded of a billionaire market.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to open the file you attached, but I infer that it is the result of a autosomal test, probably from FTDNA, which indicates that you have 14% of DNA from the British Isles and 4% of DNA from the Eastern Europe and that its ancestors from the European side are of Portuguese origin.

Perhaps the great failure of commercial DNA testing companies is to indicate in the results of the autosomal test that their DNA comes from a certain modern country, not explaining very clearly what the ethnicity of that country or region represents, leaving many customers confused or even dissatisfied.

As its European part is of Portuguese origin I would say that its DNA from the British Isles corresponds to a mixture of the Celtic and the Germanic peoples who transited through the Iberian peninsula (the Celts in the pre-Roman period and the Germans after the fall of the Roman Empire, already from the beginning of the Middle Ages) and that its Eastern European DNA was taken to the Iberian peninsula by the Romans in the period in which the Iberian Penisula corresponded to the Roman province of Hispania.

All this DNA came to Brazil in the blood of the Portuguese settlers.

Greetings.

Level
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Hello Degredado, my dear countryman.

Until proven otherwise, I have no reason to contest the results of companies operating in the DNA testing market.

It is a business like any other and that currently involves billions of dollars and has been growing exponentially.

The success of this companies in a highly competitive market depends on its credibility with the consumers of the services.

No reputable company would dare to falsify clients' results and lose their credibility, and hence to see itselves excluded of a billionaire market.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to open the file you attached, but I infer that it is the result of a autosomal test, probably from FTDNA, which indicates that you have 14% of DNA from the British Isles and 4% of DNA from the Eastern Europe and that its ancestors from the European side are of Portuguese origin.

Perhaps the great failure of commercial DNA testing companies is to indicate in the results of the autosomal test that their DNA comes from a certain modern country, not explaining very clearly what the ethnicity of that country or region represents, leaving many customers confused or even dissatisfied.

As its European part is of Portuguese origin I would say that its DNA from the British Isles corresponds to a mixture of the Celtic and the Germanic peoples who transited through the Iberian peninsula (the Celts in the pre-Roman period and the Germans after the fall of the Roman Empire, already from the beginning of the Middle Ages) and that its Eastern European DNA was taken to the Iberian peninsula by the Romans in the period in which the Iberian Penisula corresponded to the Roman province of Hispania.

All this DNA came to Brazil in the blood of the Portuguese settlers.

Greetings.
    Hello, Duarte

Thanks for the input. I'm guessing something went wrong with the upload. I'll try again, but just in case, here are the results:

60% European (21% Iberia, 14% British Isles, 12% Southeast Europe, 9% West and Central Europe, 4% East Europe)

14% African (14% West Africa)

8% Middle Eastern (8% North Africa)

7% New World (5% North and Central America, 2% South America)

6% Jewish Diaspora (6% Sephardic)

Trace results make up for the rest.

My first guess was that the British Isles component corresponded to ancient Celtic or Germanic elements, but I found it unusual that it makes up for nearly one quarter of my total European Ancestry. From what I have noticed, "British Isles" is usually completely absent from the results of other Brazilians of predominantly Portuguese ancestry (yourself included).

On the other hand, my "Iberia" component makes up for only one third of my European ancestry, which seems unusual as well, again based on the results from other people of Iberian peninsula background.

https://imgur.com/a/I4aCcjr

Level

Ethnic group
    White Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by Degredado View Post
    Hello, Duarte

Thanks for the input. I'm guessing something went wrong with the upload. I'll try again, but just in case, here are the results:

60% European (21% Iberia, 14% British Isles, 12% Southeast Europe, 9% West and Central Europe, 4% East Europe)

14% African (14% West Africa)

8% Middle Eastern (8% North Africa)

7% New World (5% North and Central America, 2% South America)

6% Jewish Diaspora (6% Sephardic)

Trace results make up for the rest.

My first guess was that the British Isles component corresponded to ancient Celtic or Germanic elements, but I found it unusual that it makes up for nearly one quarter of my total European Ancestry. From what I have noticed, "British Isles" is usually completely absent from the results of other Brazilians of predominantly Portuguese ancestry (yourself included).

On the other hand, my "Iberia" component makes up for only one third of my European ancestry, which seems unusual as well, again based on the results from other people of Iberian peninsula background.

https://imgur.com/a/I4aCcjr
    Hi Degredado,

My Autosomal results according to three companies:

MyHeritage
    Iberian 64.3%
    North and West European 16.8%
    Italian 9.6%
    North African 5%
    Nigerian 4.3%

Family Tree DNA - FTDNA
    Iberia 67%
    West and Central Europe 20%
    North Africa 5%
    West Africa 3%
    Southeast Europe <2%
    Sepahardic <2%
    South Central Africa <2%

DNA.LAND
    Southwestern European 44%
    Sardinian 6.2%
    South/Central European 21%
    Balkan 6.3%
    Northwest European* 11%
    Ambiguous European 1,7%
    North African 5%
    Lower Niger Valley 1.8%
    Ambigous African 1.1%
    Amazonian 2%

* Northwest European: Norwegian, Icelandic, Viking Britain.

I posted my results just to tell you the following:

If I were to interpret Myheritage literally, besides being Iberian, I would also have German, French and Italian ancestry.

The same would apply to FTDNA.

In the case of DNA.LAND I would have zero of Portuguese ancestry and would be Spanish, Basque, French, Sardinian, Italian, Albanian, Bulgarian, Greek, Icelandic, Norwegian, Scottish and English. OMG !!!

That is why I say that the results should not be interpreted literally.

I do not have German or Italian ascendants and, much less, Vikings or Balkans.

I am of Iberian descent, mainly Portuguese.

If you search on YouTube using the keyword "MyHeritage DNA Brazilian" or "MyHeritage DNA Portugal" you will see a large number of Brazilians and Portuguese with high DNA percentages in the British Isles. It's an ancestral DNA. The same Celts who colonized the British islands colonized the Iberian peninsula. The Germanic peoples who migrated to Iberia belong to the same ethnic group as those who migrated to Scandinavia and the British Isles.

Many Spanish and some Portuguese do not have Celtic DNA because they are from regions of the peninsula not colonized by Celts. The Lusitanians, for example, are Celtizazed Iberian natives, that is, they adopted Celtic language and customs but they are not ethnic Celts. We can exemplify comparing with the Sardinians, which were Romanized but are an ethnic group completely different from the ancient Romans.

I hope that what I have written can help you to understand your results from the ancestral perspective and not from the perspective of modern European states.

Regards.

Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I BY34648.
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2C1-t146!

Ethnic group
    English

FT DNA:

British Isles 96%
    Southeast Europe 2%

Level

Ethnic group
    White Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post

FT DNA:

British Isles 96%
    Southeast Europe 2%

Hi Stevenson,

You're a typical Englishman, with a lot of Viking DNA.
    See maps at the link below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Cf?usp=sharing

Regards.

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 9.0%

My autosomal results from FTDNA:

Iberia: 100%

With a <0.1% Siberian, guess it's the so-called "noise".

Level

Ethnic group
    White Brazilian

To JSElcano.

To JSElcano:

You're 100% Iberian. Wow. Congratulations.

Level

Thanks.

I'm actually a little bit surprised, because I have an Irish ancestor from the XIX century, but I guess that is either irrelevant since the rest of my ancestors are mainly Basque and Aragonese or that Irish ancestor, being a little contribution, could pass as an typical Iberian thing (celtic). If it's not 100% Iberian it is 99%, so good for me.

Greetings.

Level
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b1a1c*V22+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

Ethnic group
    España

Quote Originally Posted by JSElcano View Post
    My autosomal results from FTDNA:

Iberia: 100%

With a <0.1% Siberian, guess it's the so-called "noise".

71/5000

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Hi. Can you put screenshots or original graphics?

[/COLOR]
    Hi. Can you put screenshots or original graphics?

Level

I can't post links yet, I must have 10 posts first, if there's another way to post a screenshot, I would be happy to hear it.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b1a1c*V22+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

Ethnic group
    España

Hello Carlos,
    Its ethnicity is typically Iberian and you should not worry too much about the 43% share of western and central Europe.

Remember that part of Andalusia was occupied by the Swabians, mainly to the west, that, later, were replaced by the Visigoths and Andalusia was part of Kingdom of Visigoths until Arab invasion of the Iberian Peninsula. Before the consolidation of the Kingdom of the Visigoths, much of what is the coast of Andalusia was part of the Byzantine Empire

The Swabians originated from the region between the Elbe and Oder rivers in present-day Germany. The Goths were a Germanic people originating from the southern regions of Scandinavia and the Visigoths were one of two branches in which the Goths were divided. Nothing abnormal that you have inherited a sizable percentage of germanic DNA (43%). Genes mingle at random. Just as you have inherited much DNA from the Germanic invaders, other relatives of you may have inherited much less. Natural.

Simply put, for me, you are 100% Iberian, ethnically divided as follows:
    41% of the Iberian natives;
    43% of Germanic invaders (Swabians, Goths and Visigoths and, perhaps, even Vandals);
    10% of Byzantine origin (southeast of europe)
    4% Berber (ancient - 6000 years ago - and medieval - 8th century after Christ);
    2% background noise.
    Warm greetings.
    Duarte
    Hello Salento, I have been told that they see it unlikely that it is 4% Berber because the results in Gedmatch take me to the Levant more than to West Africa.

Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 99.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Hello Salento, I have been told that they see it unlikely that it is 4% Berber because the results in Gedmatch take me to the Levant more than to West Africa.

Unless you mean North West Africa, The Berbers are in North Africa and the Atlas Mountains, they are not in West Africa.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b1a1c*V22+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

Ethnic group
    España

^^^^
    Ups, I was going to Duarte and I said Salento.
    Yes you are right is what I wanted to say.

Level

Ethnic group
    White Brazilian

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    ^^^^
    Ups, I was going to Duarte and I said Salento.
    Yes you are right is what I wanted to say.
    Hello Carlos,
    Salento is correct. Berber ethnicity does not correspond to the ethnicity of West Africa. With reservations, it could even be classified as Northwest Africa, but never West Africa. The Berber ethnicity is not sub-Saharan. The bebers are indigenous peoples of the Maghreb coast, more specifically of the Mediterranean regions of Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia and of the Atlas Mountains, in Morocco. They hate being called Berbers. They call themselves Imazighen, that is, "free men"; Amazigh in singular, and do not consider themselves Arabs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast