Family Finder (Publish your results)

^^
With FTDNA

Thanks Duarte, very kind.

Goodnight.

Hi Carlos,

As can be seen, there is a high degree of accuracy between the data from the "My Ancient European Origins" of "Family Tree DNA - FTDNA" with data from the "Eurogenes HGvF Project" of "GEDmatch".

Here's my case:

FTDNA - My Ancient European Origins
Hunter-Gatherer29%
Farmer54%
Metal Age Invader8%
Non European9%
TOTAL100%

GEDmatch Eurogenes HGvF
Hunter-Gatherer31,43%
Baltic Hunter Gatherer31,43%
Farmer54,3%
Mediterranean Farmer45.87%
Middle Eastern Herder5.62%
East African Pastoralist2,81%
Metal Age Invader7.15%
Anatolian Farmer7.15%
Non European7.21%
Bantu Farmer*3,88%
Pygmy HG*1,01%
East Asian Farmer**1,25%
South American HG**0,74%
Oceanian HG**0,24%
TOTAL100,09%
* Most likely these two percentages could be attributed to ancestry of African Slaves: 4.89%
** Most likely these three percentages could be attributed to Native American ancestry: 2.23%

^^To Duarte: I see, the truth is that it is quite reliable, a good tool. I am going to try.

Thanks Carlos :)

Hello, Italouruguayan.

You are a very diverse European, with an additional 19% of American DNA.

Significant DNA presence from Southeastern Europe, Eastern Europe, and the East Middle East may indicate that you have Italian ascendence from Central and Southern Italy.

On the other hand, when we speak of the British Isles, we are talking about Germanic DNA and Celtic DNA, very present both in the Iberian peninsula and in northern Italy. We can not forget that there is a lot of Iberian DNA also in Italy.

To sum it up, I'd say you're an Italian, with Iberian and Native American spices,

Greetings.

Hi Stuvanè

The attached file image, which you can also see in the link, if you can not open the attached image, was originally posted by Angela and can help you make a comparison with your FTDNA - My Ancient European Origins data.

Regards.

View attachment 10721

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UzaJc4vVj8brQMXtmkylgDMr-zUxWK_y/view?usp=sharing

Thanks, Duarte. Being from Eastern Emilia/Romagna (northern Italy), I find my results fairly in line with the sample from Bergamo and somehow intermediate between the Basque and the Bulgarian ones.

Thanks, Duarte. Being from Eastern Emilia/Romagna (northern Italy), I find my results fairly in line with the sample from Bergamo and somehow intermediate between the Basque and the Bulgarian ones.

You’re welcome, Stuvanè.
Yes. I believe that's you are right. As you are 100% European and 100% Italian, the samples posted by Angela are perfect for you to analyze. For someone who is not 100% European or someone who is 100% European, but with very diverse origins, I believe that these samples would not be very useful. But in your case, I think they are perfect.
Regards.

Thank you very much Duarte!
When I did my first genetic test (Geno 2.0 Next Generation), the results of the autosomal DNA coincided quite well with my previous intuitions. But one thing surprised me: the "9% Arabian". My father has 100% origins from the north of Italy, and my maternal grandparents were from the north of Uruguay, where there is the highest percentage of European, Native American and African admixture. Until I found out that my grandmother had a Neapolitan grandfather ... maybe that percentage "Arab" in reality represents the south of Italy ...

Thank you very much Duarte!
When I did my first genetic test (Geno 2.0 Next Generation), the results of the autosomal DNA coincided quite well with my previous intuitions. But one thing surprised me: the "9% Arabian". My father has 100% origins from the north of Italy, and my maternal grandparents were from the north of Uruguay, where there is the highest percentage of European, Native American and African admixture. Until I found out that my grandmother had a Neapolitan grandfather ... maybe that percentage "Arab" in reality represents the south of Italy ...

Certainly, Italouruguayan.

The DNA percentages of West Asia and the Arabian Peninsula increases at the same time that you are walking to the southern of the Italian peninsula, having its peaks in Calabria and Sicily.

Regards.

Certainly, Italouruguayan.

About the Geno2:

The DNA percentages of West Asia and the Arabian Peninsula increases at the same time that you are walking to the southern of the Italian peninsula, having its peaks in Calabria and Sicily.

Regards.

about the Geno2:
http://imgur.com/CaLNUju

A little fun is always good.
We do not have to take everything so seriously.
There are no races or ethnicities among modern humans.
The autosomal tests only indicate to us the probable origin of our paternal and maternal ancestors and the path they may have traveled through the centuries.
It's nice to see the history told through our DNA.
We do not need to be proud or ashamed of our origins, because, after all, Adam and Eve were born in Africa perhaps some 320,000 years ago.
Let's relax and have some fun with an excerpt from "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert" where he makes an entertaining approach about the companies that sell autosomal DNA tests. Have fun:

https://youtu.be/yvS2gjMMXBQ

View attachment 10730

As a Brazilian of typical Portuguese, African and Native ancestry, I'm puzzled by the 14% "British Isles". 4% Eastern Europe seems odd as well.
Also, what a crazy mixture.

View attachment 10730

As a Brazilian of typical Portuguese, African and Native ancestry, I'm puzzled by the 14% "British Isles". 4% Eastern Europe seems odd as well.
Also, what a crazy mixture.

Hello Degredado, my dear countryman.

Until proven otherwise, I have no reason to contest the results of companies operating in the DNA testing market.

It is a business like any other and that currently involves billions of dollars and has been growing exponentially.

The success of this companies in a highly competitive market depends on its credibility with the consumers of the services.

No reputable company would dare to falsify clients' results and lose their credibility, and hence to see itselves excluded of a billionaire market.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to open the file you attached, but I infer that it is the result of a autosomal test, probably from FTDNA, which indicates that you have 14% of DNA from the British Isles and 4% of DNA from the Eastern Europe and that its ancestors from the European side are of Portuguese origin.

Perhaps the great failure of commercial DNA testing companies is to indicate in the results of the autosomal test that their DNA comes from a certain modern country, not explaining very clearly what the ethnicity of that country or region represents, leaving many customers confused or even dissatisfied.

As its European part is of Portuguese origin I would say that its DNA from the British Isles corresponds to a mixture of the Celtic and the Germanic peoples who transited through the Iberian peninsula (the Celts in the pre-Roman period and the Germans after the fall of the Roman Empire, already from the beginning of the Middle Ages) and that its Eastern European DNA was taken to the Iberian peninsula by the Romans in the period in which the Iberian Penisula corresponded to the Roman province of Hispania.

All this DNA came to Brazil in the blood of the Portuguese settlers.

Greetings.

Hello Degredado, my dear countryman.

Until proven otherwise, I have no reason to contest the results of companies operating in the DNA testing market.

It is a business like any other and that currently involves billions of dollars and has been growing exponentially.

The success of this companies in a highly competitive market depends on its credibility with the consumers of the services.

No reputable company would dare to falsify clients' results and lose their credibility, and hence to see itselves excluded of a billionaire market.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to open the file you attached, but I infer that it is the result of a autosomal test, probably from FTDNA, which indicates that you have 14% of DNA from the British Isles and 4% of DNA from the Eastern Europe and that its ancestors from the European side are of Portuguese origin.

Perhaps the great failure of commercial DNA testing companies is to indicate in the results of the autosomal test that their DNA comes from a certain modern country, not explaining very clearly what the ethnicity of that country or region represents, leaving many customers confused or even dissatisfied.

As its European part is of Portuguese origin I would say that its DNA from the British Isles corresponds to a mixture of the Celtic and the Germanic peoples who transited through the Iberian peninsula (the Celts in the pre-Roman period and the Germans after the fall of the Roman Empire, already from the beginning of the Middle Ages) and that its Eastern European DNA was taken to the Iberian peninsula by the Romans in the period in which the Iberian Penisula corresponded to the Roman province of Hispania.

All this DNA came to Brazil in the blood of the Portuguese settlers.

Greetings.

Hello, Duarte

Thanks for the input. I'm guessing something went wrong with the upload. I'll try again, but just in case, here are the results:

60% European (21% Iberia, 14% British Isles, 12% Southeast Europe, 9% West and Central Europe, 4% East Europe)

14% African (14% West Africa)

8% Middle Eastern (8% North Africa)

7% New World (5% North and Central America, 2% South America)

6% Jewish Diaspora (6% Sephardic)

Trace results make up for the rest.

My first guess was that the British Isles component corresponded to ancient Celtic or Germanic elements, but I found it unusual that it makes up for nearly one quarter of my total European Ancestry. From what I have noticed, "British Isles" is usually completely absent from the results of other Brazilians of predominantly Portuguese ancestry (yourself included).

On the other hand, my "Iberia" component makes up for only one third of my European ancestry, which seems unusual as well, again based on the results from other people of Iberian peninsula background.

https://imgur.com/a/I4aCcjr

Hello, Duarte

Thanks for the input. I'm guessing something went wrong with the upload. I'll try again, but just in case, here are the results:

60% European (21% Iberia, 14% British Isles, 12% Southeast Europe, 9% West and Central Europe, 4% East Europe)

14% African (14% West Africa)

8% Middle Eastern (8% North Africa)

7% New World (5% North and Central America, 2% South America)

6% Jewish Diaspora (6% Sephardic)

Trace results make up for the rest.

My first guess was that the British Isles component corresponded to ancient Celtic or Germanic elements, but I found it unusual that it makes up for nearly one quarter of my total European Ancestry. From what I have noticed, "British Isles" is usually completely absent from the results of other Brazilians of predominantly Portuguese ancestry (yourself included).

On the other hand, my "Iberia" component makes up for only one third of my European ancestry, which seems unusual as well, again based on the results from other people of Iberian peninsula background.

https://imgur.com/a/I4aCcjr

Hi Degredado,

My Autosomal results according to three companies:

MyHeritage
Iberian
64.3%
North and West European
16.8%
Italian
9.6%
North African
5%
Nigerian
4.3%

Family Tree DNA - FTDNA
Iberia
67%
West and Central Europe
20%
North Africa
5%
West Africa
3%
Southeast Europe
<2%
Sepahardic
<2%
South Central Africa
<2%

DNA.LAND
Southwestern European
44%
Sardinian
6.2%
South/Central European
21%
Balkan
6.3%
Northwest European*
11%
Ambiguous European
1,7%
North African
5%
Lower Niger Valley
1.8%
Ambigous African
1.1%
Amazonian
2%

* Northwest European: Norwegian, Icelandic, Viking Britain.

I posted my results just to tell you the following:

If I were to interpret Myheritage literally, besides being Iberian, I would also have German, French and Italian ancestry.

The same would apply to FTDNA.

In the case of DNA.LAND I would have zero of Portuguese ancestry and would be Spanish, Basque, French, Sardinian, Italian, Albanian, Bulgarian, Greek, Icelandic, Norwegian, Scottish and English. OMG !!!

That is why I say that the results should not be interpreted literally.

I do not have German or Italian ascendants and, much less, Vikings or Balkans.

I am of Iberian descent, mainly Portuguese.

If you search on YouTube using the keyword "MyHeritage DNA Brazilian" or "MyHeritage DNA Portugal" you will see a large number of Brazilians and Portuguese with high DNA percentages in the British Isles. It's an ancestral DNA. The same Celts who colonized the British islands colonized the Iberian peninsula. The Germanic peoples who migrated to Iberia belong to the same ethnic group as those who migrated to Scandinavia and the British Isles.

Many Spanish and some Portuguese do not have Celtic DNA because they are from regions of the peninsula not colonized by Celts. The Lusitanians, for example, are Celtizazed Iberian natives, that is, they adopted Celtic language and customs but they are not ethnic Celts. We can exemplify comparing with the Sardinians, which were Romanized but are an ethnic group completely different from the ancient Romans.

I hope that what I have written can help you to understand your results from the ancestral perspective and not from the perspective of modern European states.

Regards.

This thread has been viewed 18669 times.

Back