Family Finder (Publish your results)

My autosomal results from FTDNA:

Iberia: 100%

With a <0.1% Siberian, guess it's the so-called "noise".

To JSElcano.

To JSElcano:

You're 100% Iberian. Wow. Congratulations.

Thanks.

I'm actually a little bit surprised, because I have an Irish ancestor from the XIX century, but I guess that is either irrelevant since the rest of my ancestors are mainly Basque and Aragonese or that Irish ancestor, being a little contribution, could pass as an typical Iberian thing (celtic). If it's not 100% Iberian it is 99%, so good for me.

Greetings.

My autosomal results from FTDNA:

Iberia: 100%

With a <0.1% Siberian, guess it's the so-called "noise".

71/5000

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Hi. Can you put screenshots or original graphics?

[/COLOR]
Hi. Can you put screenshots or original graphics?

I can't post links yet, I must have 10 posts first, if there's another way to post a screenshot, I would be happy to hear it.

Hello Carlos,
Its ethnicity is typically Iberian and you should not worry too much about the 43% share of western and central Europe.

Remember that part of Andalusia was occupied by the Swabians, mainly to the west, that, later, were replaced by the Visigoths and Andalusia was part of Kingdom of Visigoths until Arab invasion of the Iberian Peninsula. Before the consolidation of the Kingdom of the Visigoths, much of what is the coast of Andalusia was part of the Byzantine Empire

The Swabians originated from the region between the Elbe and Oder rivers in present-day Germany. The Goths were a Germanic people originating from the southern regions of Scandinavia and the Visigoths were one of two branches in which the Goths were divided. Nothing abnormal that you have inherited a sizable percentage of germanic DNA (43%). Genes mingle at random. Just as you have inherited much DNA from the Germanic invaders, other relatives of you may have inherited much less. Natural.

Simply put, for me, you are 100% Iberian, ethnically divided as follows:
41% of the Iberian natives;
43% of Germanic invaders (Swabians, Goths and Visigoths and, perhaps, even Vandals);
10% of Byzantine origin (southeast of europe)
4% Berber (ancient - 6000 years ago - and medieval - 8th century after Christ);
2% background noise.
Warm greetings.
Duarte

Hello Salento, I have been told that they see it unlikely that it is 4% Berber because the results in Gedmatch take me to the Levant more than to West Africa.

Hello Salento, I have been told that they see it unlikely that it is 4% Berber because the results in Gedmatch take me to the Levant more than to West Africa.

Unless you mean North West Africa, The Berbers are in North Africa and the Atlas Mountains, they are not in West Africa.

^^^^
Ups, I was going to Duarte and I said Salento.
Yes you are right is what I wanted to say.

^^^^
Ups, I was going to Duarte and I said Salento.
Yes you are right is what I wanted to say.

Hello Carlos,
Salento is correct. Berber ethnicity does not correspond to the ethnicity of West Africa. With reservations, it could even be classified as Northwest Africa, but never West Africa. The Berber ethnicity is not sub-Saharan. The bebers are indigenous peoples of the Maghreb coast, more specifically of the Mediterranean regions of Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia and of the Atlas Mountains, in Morocco. They hate being called Berbers. They call themselves Imazighen, that is, "free men"; Amazigh in singular, and do not consider themselves Arabs.

Hello Carlos,
Salento is correct. Berber ethnicity does not correspond to the ethnicity of West Africa. With reservations, it could even be classified as Northwest Africa, but never West Africa. The Berber ethnicity is not sub-Saharan. The bebers are indigenous peoples of the Maghreb coast, more specifically of the Mediterranean regions of Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia and of the Atlas Mountains, in Morocco. They hate being called Berbers. They call themselves Imazighen, that is, "free men"; Amazigh in singular, and do not consider themselves Arabs.

Just for your reflection about the theme "The berbers and yours ancient ethnical relationships with peoples of South Europe and West Asia".

"Around 5000 BC, the populations of North Africa were primarily descended from the makers of the Iberomaurusian and Capsian cultures, with a more recent intrusion associated with the Neolithic Revolution. The proto-Berber tribes evolved from these prehistoric communities during the Late Bronze to Early Iron Age.

Uniparental DNA analysis has established ties between Berbers and other Afro-asiatic speakers in Africa. Most of these populations belong to the E1b1b paternal haplogroup, with Berber speakers having among the highest frequencies of this lineage. Additionally, genomic analysis has found that Berber and other Maghreb communities are defined by a shared ancestral component.

In 2013, Iberomaurusian skeletons from the prehistoric sites of Taforalt and Afalou in the Maghreb were also analyzed for ancient DNA. All of the specimens belonged to maternal clades associated with either North Africa or the northern and southern Mediterranean littoral, indicating gene flow between these areas since the Epipaleolithic. The ancient Taforalt individuals carried the mtDNA haplogroups U6, H, JT and V, which points to population continuity in the region dating from the Iberomaurusian period.

In 2013, Iberomaurusian skeletons from the prehistoric sites of Taforalt and Afalou in the Maghreb were also analyzed for ancient DNA. All of the specimens belonged to maternal clades associated with either North Africa or the northern and southern Mediterranean littoral, indicating gene flow between these areas since the Epipaleolithic. The ancient Taforalt individuals carried the mtDNA haplogroups U6, H, JT and V, which points to population continuity in the region dating from the Iberomaurusian period.

Human fossils excavated at the Ifri n'Amr or Moussa site in Morocco have been radiocarbon-dated to the Early Neolithic period, ca. 5,000 BC. Ancient DNA analysis of these specimens indicates that they carried paternal haplotypes related to the E1b1b1b1a (E-M81) subclade and the maternal haplogroups U6a and M1, all of which are frequent among present-day communities in the Maghreb. These ancient individuals also bore an autochthonous Maghrebi genomic component that peaks among modern Berbers, indicating that they were ancestral to populations in the area. Additionally, fossils excavated at the Kelif el Boroud site near Rabat were found to carry the broadly-distributed paternal haplogroup T-M184 as well as the maternal haplogroups K1, T2 and X2, the latter of which were common mtDNA lineages in Neolithic Europe and Anatolia. These ancient individuals likewise bore the Berber-associated Maghrebi genomic component. This altogether indicates that the Late Neolithic Kelif el Boroud inhabitants were ancestral to contemporary populations in the area, but also likely experienced gene flow from Europe."

Warm greetings, Carlos.

View attachment 10730
As a Brazilian of typical Portuguese, African and Native ancestry, I'm puzzled by the 14% "British Isles". 4% Eastern Europe seems odd as well.
Also, what a crazy mixture.
The new FTDNA myOrigins says I've 19% of British ancestry, while the new 23andMe Ancestry Composition says I've 0%. Which one is right on this one, given their goal? Certainly the Ancestry Composition!
myOrigins must point to some shared ancestry, which imo is not that informative in this case.

My new myOrigins:
(N. Italian ancestry)
- Southeast Europe: 44%;
- British Isles: 19%;
- Iberia: 18%;
- East Europe: 10%;
- Scandinavia: 6%.
Trace results:
- Ashkenazi: <2%.

my origins 2.0
(1/4 aschenazi, 1/4 sefhardi, 1/4 mizrachi, 1/4 Bulgarian .)
26% aschenazi
36% sefhardi
14% Asia minor
11% southeast Europe
11% eastern Europe
less than 1% Siberian
less than 1% west middle east
less than 1% west central europe

I only get 94% Southeast Europe which includes Italy, Greece, Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro, Croatia, Serbia, etc. No more details than that. What is this Origins 2.0 that you speak of?

[h=1]Your mtDNA Video[/h]
You can share this video with your friends and family using the share link at the end of the video.

This thread has been viewed 18674 times.

Back