Family Finder (Publish your results)

@Carlos , Are you really Andalisian? Do you have ancester from somewhere away?

I have thought Andalusian had more Iberian then West Europe structure. What is the average of North African structure in Spain and Andalusian?

^^

Por lo que yo sé, todos mis abuelos paternos y maternos son andaluces, mis bisabuelos, tanto paternos como maternos, son de la provincia de Málaga y el resto de la provincia de Cádiz colinda con Málaga, en las montañas. The man of my avatar is my paternal great-grandfather, his father was from Montejaque (Málaga) "The color is made by me"

Según lo que estaba leyendo por última vez, dijeron que en España era del 10 o el 15%, algunos creen que de la era musulmana otros de la era neolítica. En Andalucía creo que se atribuye a poco más del 3% y en Asturias algo más del 4%.

Last edited:
My Results.

^^

Por lo que yo sé, todos mis abuelos paternos y maternos son andaluces, mis bisabuelos, tanto paternos como maternos, son de la provincia de Málaga y el resto de la provincia de Cádiz colinda con Málaga, en las montañas. The man of my avatar is my paternal great-grandfather, his father was from Montejaque (Málaga) "The color is made by me"

He thinks that at the end of 1800 Andalusia was the second most industrialized region of Spain after León. High furnaces, textile, sugar factories e.t.c. All the Andalusian aristocracy that lived in Madrid supported centralism, half of the Andalusian bourgeoisie also supported centralism, so they put the Asturian coal overly expensive to Andalusia and in a short time was relegated to the strictly agricultural and some food. So the cake of Spain was shared between Madrid, Catalonia and the Basque Country, the three partners who try to make us believe that they get along and have a great time, they have that mentality of inequality and want to continue to perpetuate it nowadays, but to be that no.

Según lo que estaba leyendo por última vez, dijeron que en España era del 10 o el 15%, algunos creen que de la era musulmana otros de la era neolítica. En Andalucía creo que se atribuye a poco más del 3% y en Asturias algo más del 4%.

View attachment 10655View attachment 10656View attachment 10657
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11tEiXjflJhYo6nvysS7etIyKPJ0Viat5/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
^^^
We have made more than one exit together at different times.

^^^
We have made more than one exit together at different times.

Our ancient ancestry says that we are good farmers, we work reasonably with metals and that you are a better hunter than I am. We are also a bit Berbers, you 4% and I 5%. But I have a sub-Saharan component, that you do not have, which makes me more resistant to sun and the heat of the tropics, which is well suited for a Brazilian like me, je, je, je.
Warm greetings, Carlos.

Hello Carlos,
Its ethnicity is typically Iberian and you should not worry too much about the 43% share of western and central Europe.

Remember that part of Andalusia was occupied by the Swabians, mainly to the west, that, later, were replaced by the Visigoths and Andalusia was part of Kingdom of Visigoths until Arab invasion of the Iberian Peninsula. Before the consolidation of the Kingdom of the Visigoths, much of what is the coast of Andalusia was part of the Byzantine Empire

The Swabians originated from the region between the Elbe and Oder rivers in present-day Germany. The Goths were a Germanic people originating from the southern regions of Scandinavia and the Visigoths were one of two branches in which the Goths were divided. Nothing abnormal that you have inherited a sizable percentage of germanic DNA (43%). Genes mingle at random. Just as you have inherited much DNA from the Germanic invaders, other relatives of you may have inherited much less. Natural.

Simply put, for me, you are 100% Iberian, ethnically divided as follows:
41% of the Iberian natives;
43% of Germanic invaders (Swabians, Goths and Visigoths and, perhaps, even Vandals);
10% of Byzantine origin (southeast of europe)
4% Berber (ancient - 6000 years ago - and medieval - 8th century after Christ);
2% background noise.
Warm greetings.
Duarte

Let me try this. Not sure if it's exactly close but I really don't have much verifiable English ancestry on my family tree, but maybe it's because it's so similar to my Germanic ancestry. This ancestry is across the sea in Ostfriesland, Denmark, Hannover and Mecklenburg. I still have many relatives in Western Norway on my mother's side. Some distant French-Canadian as well and they seem to have originated in Normandy.

View attachment 10697

View attachment 10698

View attachment 10699
BwUx33t

Me:

Europe: 81%
-> West and Central: 55%
-> SE: 17%
-> Eastern: 9%

Middle-East: 19%
-> Asia Minor: 12%
-> East ME: 7%

Mother:

Europe: 96%
-> West and Central: 37%
-> Iberia: 24%
-> British Isles: 10%
-> Eastern: 10%
->Scandinavia: 10%
-> SE: 5%

Trace results: 4%
East ME: <2%
Finland: <1%
Asia Minor: <1%

Hello Matty,

I believe that you can consider as Scandinavian DNA all the percentage of your DNA pointed by the FTDNA with being from Scandinavia (51%) and British Isles (39%).

This because a study into the Scandinavian ancestry of British peoples found that there is evidence of particular concentrations in the Isle of Man, Shetland, Orkney, the Western Isles (also known as Outer Hebrides), Skye (Hebrides) and the western Highlands and Argyll and Bute Council, in Scotland; and the Wirral, West Lancashire, Cumbria, Yorkshire and East Anglia in England.

Regards.

Here's the ancient DNA. For some reason I'm having issues uploading images
bVeLtpZ.jpg

Here's the ancient DNA. For some reason I'm having issues uploading images
bVeLtpZ.jpg

Its ancestral DNA is equivalent to that of a germanic individual from Central-Northern Europe (Southern Norway, Southern Sweden, Denmark, Northwestern Germany, Netherlands, Eastern England).

Below is a link to access a worksheet with data extracted from the MDLP K16 Modern GEDmatch Project.

The spreadsheet shows only the ethnicity data of the Germanic peoples of Europe, plus Finns and Estonians. In the colors of each column an attempt is made to aggregate the ethnic groups that make up each people in accordance with the three major ancestral migrations that took place in Europe (hunter-gatherers, invaders of the metal age and farmers). Have a good time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-6ubsw4FXTkVPbajriSqXpp3mlrmD0S0OC6VAVmtI6I/edit?usp=sharing

Hello Duarte Good Morning!

Its ancestral DNA is equivalent to that of a germanic individual from Central-Northern Europe (Southern Norway, Southern Sweden, Denmark, Northwestern Germany, Netherlands, Eastern England).

Below is a link to access a worksheet with data extracted from the MDLP K16 Modern GEDmatch Project.

The spreadsheet shows only the ethnicity data of the Germanic peoples of Europe, plus Finns and Estonians. In the colors of each column an attempt is made to aggregate the ethnic groups that make up each people in accordance with the three major ancestral migrations that took place in Europe (hunter-gatherers, invaders of the metal age and farmers). Have a good time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-6ubsw4FXTkVPbajriSqXpp3mlrmD0S0OC6VAVmtI6I/edit?usp=sharing

Hello Duarte Good Morning!

Hi Carlos,

Good Morning for you too, thanks.

Later, when I'm at home, I'll try to make a comparison of your GEDmatch HGvF results with those obtained in the FTDNA Family Finder . As soon as possible, I give you feedback.

Have a nice day.

View attachment 10711

View attachment 10712

Have I obtained these graphs in my Gedmatch account are they consistent with family finder?

Good night Carlos.

As can be seen below, there is practically no difference when comparing the FTDNA (Ancient European Origins) data with the GEDmatch HGvF data.

On the other hand the differences between "hunter-gatherers" and "farmers" in EUtest V2 K15 are large probably because of the "Atlantic" group, which is mixed and indistinctly includes hunter-gatherers and farmers.

Best Regards,
Duarte

FTDNA - Ancient European Origins
Hunter-Gatherer35%
Farmer55%
Metal Age Invader8%
Non European2%
TOTAL100%

GEDmatch HGvF
Hunter-Garherer37.21%
Baltic Hunter36.65%
North Eurasian HG0.56%
Farmer54.39%
Mediterranean46.48%
Middle East Herder4.47%
East African3.44%
Metal Age Invader8.39%
Anatolian Farmer8.39%
TOTAL99.99%

GEDmatch EUtest V2 K15
Hunter-Gatherer28.40%
North Sea20.35%
Baltic4.75%
Eastern Europe2.31%
Siberian0.99%
Farmer61,5%
Atlantic31.76%
West Mediterranean23.82%
Red Sea3.37%
Northeast African2.55%
Metal Age Invader9.55%
West Asia6.42%
East Mediterranean3.13%
Traces0.57%
SSA0.41%
Oceanic0.16%
TOTAL100,02%

Thanks Duarte, very kind.

Goodnight.

You’re always welcome, Carlos.

This thread has been viewed 18674 times.

Back