G2a men share some common looks?

Do you think that these G2a men share some common looks?

• They have many in common.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • They have some common.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • They have not.

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
Excellent. I'm glad you finally realize you have a sub-100 IQ. What is your IQ, sir? I know mine after 2 separate tests by psychologists. One was 4 hours long the other 6 split into three 2 hours segments.

What is your IQ? Please tell the forum.

Big guy, you are way out of bounds.

Big guy, you are way out of bounds.

I thought you said you weren't a fighter ;)

Looks like some of my assumptions are starting to ring true. Keep swinging. It's in you somewhere... hopefully ;)

Oh Navy. Now everything makes sense. Nice comfy desk job?

3 generations; my grandfather, my father, me
IMG-0133.jpg
IMG-2204.jpg
IMG-1261.jpg

I thought you said you weren't a fighter ;)

Looks like some of my assumptions are starting to ring true. Keep swinging. It's in you somewhere... hopefully ;)

Oh Navy. Now everything makes sense. Nice comfy desk job?

Navy fighters , F-4 and F-14, seven cruises in harms way, so I’m not shy, but I don’t accept nasty ad hominem attacks. BTW, my father and father-in-law are both career military. One son is an Army Ranger, the other a tech in the Air Force.

How do you like them apples?

Navy fighters , F-4 and F-14, seven cruises in harms way, so I’m not shy, but I don’t accept nasty ad hominem attacks. BTW, my father and father-in-law are both career military. One son is an Army Ranger in Afghanistan, the other a tech in the Air Force.

How do you like them apples?

"Seven cruises in harms way". Get over yourself.

You took the weak man's way out. Your son or whatever family member you are referencing who joined the army had some balls. You did not.

I'm sorry that isn't readily apparent to you.

I'm still boots on the ground even if things now have quieted down for me significantly.

How does it feel to be the pussy of the family? Your father was probably ashamed.

To return to the topic ...
An esteemed painter from Bulgaria.
Portrait.webp
Doncho-3.jpg

We inherit the same subclade Z6764* from a common ancestor about 3600 years ago. Now we are separated by a distance of 150 km and a border on the Danube... Autosomal I don't know, but Bulgarians are the closest to Romanians.

Do you think there is some common features, or common aura, on these faces of G2a men?
You can add more photos if the men were tested, or someone on the paternal line, grandfather, father, son.
Jake_Gyllenhaal_Cannes_2017.jpg

joseph-stalin-9491723-1-402.jpg

7650073_1404323676.jpg

Larrybird.jpg

original.jpg

The ones below are from the same page. https://anthonyadolph.co.uk/adolph-and-haplogroup-g-genealogy/
Herbet-G-relative-for-website-203x300.jpg

7. The first and the third are G2a.
Swinfield-Greenspam-Adolph-300x188.jpg

John-Jack-Fletcher-234x300.jpg

MikeMoose.jpg

Heasam-e1494325154286.jpg

Jay-Jay-Billings-e1458653817949.jpg

Goldsborough-235x300.jpg

Buisson-e1515072083972.jpg

Steven-MIller-DNA-e1531137421505.jpg

antprofpiclowres21-235x300.jpg

More G2a.
JS48202062.jpg

I've been on a "Queen", Freddie Mercury listening binge, and it finally occurred to me that his phenotype fits in too.

He was a Parsi from India, although I don't personally see any Indian in him. Instead, he looks very Caucasus like to me, which makes sense since they originated in Iran. Interestingly, before looking him up I always thought he was of European descent of some sort, just always with a tan. :) Compare him to Keith Hernandez who is half Spanish and half Scots Irish.

keith+hernandez+st.+louis+road+uni.jpg

It's amazing. This phenotype is indeed spread far and wide. How much "G" in Iran? :)

freddie.jpg

Of course, my image of him is always like this. :)

freddie-live-099.jpg

Gay or not, I always thought he was very sexy.

Young Freddie Mercury - Rare films and photographs:

Young Freddie Mercury - Rare films and photographs:

What a nice find; thanks, Duarte. :)

Terrible to lose him so young.

Based on results, R1b men tended to have broad skulls with flat occipitals. I find this funny because nobody has this skull shape in my family, but I see it often in more eastern European and Balkan people. If we once had this skull shape, we must have taken the skull shapes of the west European Neolithic people. In fact many west European men have Freddy's skull shape, but only the lucky men get his chiseled cheekbones. ;)

People may joke, but I think there is some autosomal/sexual selection going on. Higher foreheads are more predominant in men, but I find a high forehead on women less attractive. Of course too high a forehead on a man is not attractive either, but seems to be more common and less offensive for women. In fact, I've noticed a high forehead in women is far less common. Some selection at work? I'm not sure.

Based on results, R1b men tended to have broad skulls with flat occipitals. I find this funny because nobody has this skull shape in my family, but I see it often in more eastern European and Balkan people. If we once had this skull shape, we must have taken the skull shapes of the west European Neolithic people. In fact many west European men have Freddy's skull shape, but only the lucky men get his chiseled cheekbones. ;)

People may joke, but I think there is some autosomal/sexual selection going on. Higher foreheads are more predominant in men, but I find a high forehead on women less attractive. Of course too high a forehead on a man is not attractive either, but seems to be more common and less offensive for women. In fact, I've noticed a high forehead in women is far less common. Some selection at work? I'm not sure.

Most broad faced flat occipital modern person I can think of is Erling Haaland(Norwegian):

hslBreiteKLEINER1200pix.jpg

He kinda reminds me of that British Beaker reconstruction.

Definitely not a "beauty". Gracile types may have been selected from Bronze Age onwards because... yeah you see...:LOL:

Quite a few Dinaric skulls in Italy. The ancient Romans, who were R1b carriers, certainly had broad skulls, although I don't know about the back of the head. Most seem to have been "rounded", so perhaps "Alpine"? Some definitely had a flat back of the head, though.
bust-of-julius-caesar-100-44-bc_a-G-1348981-8880731.jpg

Bust_of_Julius_Caesar_British_Museum.jpg

I agree with you, fwiw, about autosomal sexual selection. I think cleft chins have been selected for among men at certain periods, along with other things. I personally prefer prominent noses on men too; more masculine somehow.

However, for a lot of human history we didn't have much choice. We were married to whom our parents chose, or for women might have been mated with whoever forced us.

The high forehead thing is very culture dependent, I think. In the Middle Ages they were so prized in women that they plucked a lot of their hair out to get it. YUCK! They also found the pregnant belly sexy so if they weren't pregnant, which they usually were, they put pillows under their dresses. To each their own I guess.
090818-47-Art-History-Medieval-Middle-Ages-Eyck-Arnolfini-Women.jpg

Personally, I find low foreheads very unattractive in both men and women. It looks Neanderthalish or something.

One I never understood is the bound foot fetish among the Chinese. Not only do I not see how it's sexy, they were rotting, for goodness sakes' so they must have stunk to high heaven.

I still don't have explanation how G2a massively dropped during Bronze Age and on wards.Strange.

I still don't have explanation how G2a massively dropped during Bronze Age and on wards.Strange.

It wasn't during the Bronze Age; there was a big drop in the perhaps Middle to Late Neolithic as well.

It's still a mystery.

My best guess is some sort of plague with the spread of new populations from the east and increase in trade.

Did the associated Neolithic mtDNA groups also suddenly decline? If it was a plague, they should have.

Except if, like Covid, for example, it was more lethal for men.

Did the associated Neolithic mtDNA groups also suddenly decline? If it was a plague, they should have.

I mean its a combination of the revenge of the Hunter gatherers and then indo-europeans expansion. Maybe y I guys were incorporated into IE populations easier due to lifestyle?

I feel bad for the Y C guys. There was likely a y C and mt U population from Western Europe to Eastern Siberia. The y C guys were eliminated by I guys in the West and SE Asian K2b guys in the east.

I wonder if the the C guys found refuge in places like India. Does anybody know if Kosetenki-14's y C1b is ancestral to y C1b in India?

Well description of my mtDNA I says it accompanied EEF and also declined with it so yes.
Your mtDNA signature belongs to the ‘I’ motherline. This ancestral line is estimated to have arisen in the Near East, somewhere between 19 to 26,000 years ago, during the Last Glacial Maximum or in the pre-warming period following it. Some later subfamilies of haplogroup I may have been involved in the spread of agriculture, but the founding members were definitely among the first to enter what we now call Europe, moving with the warming climate, starting from the Late Glacial period, 12-18,000 years ago (Olivieri et al., 2013).
Today, members of this motherline are found widespread all over Europe, albeit at a low frequency, with the exception of a few isolated populations.
Haplogroup I has also been observed at a higher frequency in some recent historic samples from Denmark, suggesting that your motherline used to be a larger family, possibly concentrated in that area. It is yet unknown why haplogroup I is less extant today (Melchior et al., 2008; Hofreiter et al., 2010).
I did read in some other research that MtDNA I was one of the groups accompanying G2a spread in Europe specifically and it also seems to have declined into almost complete obscurity so.

At this point plague seems most plausible. Although I'm open to any evidence to the contrary.

My motherline is mtDNA K1a, which also had a Neolithic entry into Europe. I don't believe they declined, which is the source of my question. It has seemed to me that maternal lines, whether Paleolithic (like my wife's U5b) or Neolithic (like my mother's), seem to continue on through the eons while their male counterparts disappear or are greatly diminished.

This thread has been viewed 57150 times.

Back