Genomelink: Genetic Personality Trait Results

Deleted, double post (y)

Face Recognition Ability

... I thought that it wasn’t my forte, that’s why I rarely play the Guess the Ethnicity game,

... or they’re wrong, or the majority of the people are way worse than me :grin:

opI90uU.jpg

Jovialis/Salento: Good thread, but I have a related question that I want your opinion on. I have my DNA results from Ancestry and NATGENO. I am someone that always wants to calibrate and find as many different sources when dealing with genetics, ethnic and ancestral origins. Obviously, I have like both of you been running my raw DNA vs. the Ancient Roman sample, Ancient Greeks, and used the MyTrueAncestry, so everything is is supporting who and what I am and always was and is.

23andMe as a company for DNA analysis and how it predicts Southern Italians, Sicily, etc. How do you all rate it? Does it generally do a good job? Early on I think they had fewer reference populations. My first cousin, my Fathers sister's daughter used 23 and Me (her Father was from Corleone, yes, that one!!!) and she got 94.8% European, 80.8% Italian the rest Greek/Balkan and broadly the Southern European and 3.7% North Africa/West Asia (which lumps a lot of populations together) and 286 of 397 Neanderthal Variants, which I guess means she is approximately 1.5% Neanderthal per 23 and Me Estimates.

So I have a sample of 1 and it looks good, from her test I know my Fathers mother (my Grandmother is mtdna H1) and it seems 23 and Me has more Neanderthal genome coverage. When I uploaded my ancestry DNA to YourDNAportal and had my Neanderthal sequence analyzed, it is clear that Ancestry does not test for the entire Neanderthal genome so my Neanderthal analysis is not using the full population or potential population of Neanderthal DNA.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and suggestions, PT

@PT I deleted my 23andme account a long time ago,

they were planning to share / sell our data to 3rd party without our consent, ... not sure what happened after that.

I don’t know much about it, and my results are probably outdated, ... they should still be around this site somewhere.

@PT I deleted my 23andme account a long time ago,

they were planning to share / sell our data to 3rd party without our consent, ... not sure what happened after that.

I don’t know much about it, and my results are probably outdated, ... they should still be around this site somewhere.

Ok, thanks.

Frailty ... I’m tough as nails :grin:

TB1I0ym.jpg

If I was a woman:

- Pregnancy Rates
- Breast Size
- Menstrual Cycle Length

Ook432f.jpg

Facial Attractiveness:

Likely to have higher facial attractiveness!

... it doesn’t mean that I’m pretty (though I’m) LOL
Czt3HPB.jpg

Vengefulness (Vendetta) :grin: lol

vxt98NV.png

Vengefulness (Vendetta) :grin: lol

vxt98NV.png
:shocked:
La vendetta è un piatto che, a differenza del brodo, va servito freddo; meglio ancora: poco alla volta. D'altronde, lo sappiamo, la vendetta è un piatto che va servito freddo, magari con un po 'di limone. La vendetta è un piatto che le persone buone mangiano freddo. Dobbiamo lasciare che i contadini e i barbieri reagiscano a sangue caldo ai torti subiti. (Vengefulness is a dish that, unlike broth, should be served cold; better still: a little at a time. On the other hand, we know, vengefulness is a dish that should be served cold, perhaps with a little lemon. Vengefulness is a dish that good people eat cold. We must leave it to the peasants and barbers to react in warm blood to the wrongs received). :LOL: (y)

:shocked:
La vendetta è un piatto che, a differenza del brodo, va servito freddo; meglio ancora: poco alla volta. D'altronde, lo sappiamo, la vendetta è un piatto che va servito freddo, magari con un po 'di limone. La vendetta è un piatto che le persone buone mangiano freddo. Dobbiamo lasciare che i contadini e i barbieri reagiscano a sangue caldo ai torti subiti. (Vengefulness is a dish that, unlike broth, should be served cold; better still: a little at a time. On the other hand, we know, vengefulness is a dish that should be served cold, perhaps with a little lemon. Vengefulness is a dish that good people eat cold. We must leave it to the peasants and barbers to react in warm blood to the wrongs received). :LOL: (y)

An eye for an eye, ... but all in balance, ...

Occhio per occhio e dente per dente! ... mica sono Gesù Cristo :)
non se ne parla proprio di porgere l’altra guancia, ... però dev’essere una Vendetta equilibrata al torto ricevuto.

In my experience GenomeLink is very unreliable. For all objective, measurable and/or verifiable traits they got less than half right!

In my experience GenomeLink is very unreliable. For all objective, measurable and/or verifiable traits they got less than half right!
My results with them seem to be pretty good. I have not found anything that is profoundly wrong. There might some disagreements as to degree but overall pretty good. Their ethnicity estimates however are way, way wrong.

not from GenomeLink.

23andme and Helix:

Better Sprinter (Neanderthal)
Better Endurance (Modern Human)

... not a contradiction, I know I’m both :)

GObQKjM.jpg

despite popular belief and many Media representations, Neanderthals weren't that hairy, ... some Modern Humans are hairier than them.

... from 23andme:
aKJxJh3.jpg

despite popular belief and many Media representations, Neanderthals weren't that hairy, ... some Modern Humans are hairier than them.

... from 23andme:
aKJxJh3.jpg

I am totally modern, lol. In terms of hair, the beast is not in me, lol. :LOL: (y)

chzQ1yE.jpg

D0IFaUJ.jpg

@Duarte
off topic
if you know :)

... after somebody gets better from Covid and they do the 2 weeks Quarantine, do they still Test positive, and can they spread it ???

@Duarte
off topic
if you know :)

... after somebody gets better from Covid and they do the 2 weeks Quarantine, do they still Test positive, and can they spread it ???

Hi Salento. After two weeks, the PCR exam, which is made from the internal secretions of the nose collected with a large cotton swab (the collection is very uncomfortable), usually points out that the virus is no longer detected and you no longer infect other people. I did at least four PCR exams during the illness period. The last two, done after the 16th day, were negative. I was in São Paulo on October 26th for a birthday party I came back to BH in 29th day I and had a sore throat and was terrified. I thought it was reinfection. I did a new PCR test that was negative and after three days taking a corticosteroid (Predsim) the pain went away.

Hi Salento. After two weeks, the PCR exam, which is made from the internal secretions of the nose collected with a large cotton swab (the collection is very uncomfortable), usually points out that the virus is no longer detected and you no longer infect other people. I did at least four PCR exams during the illness period. The last two, done after the 16th day, were negative. I was in São Paulo on October 26th for a birthday party I came back to BH in 29th day I and had a sore throat and was terrified. I thought it was reinfection. I did a new PCR test that was negative and after three days taking a corticosteroid (Predsim) the pain went away.

thanks Duarte, ... Thanksgiving stuff, ... Zoom dinner this year :)

I’m glad you’re doing Alright (y)

... out of curiosity

Viking Index:

0VSrRgR.jpg

V9n2jzU.jpg

This thread has been viewed 24821 times.

Back