Advisor
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7566 (R-Y227216)
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b7
I uploaded my raw data to Genomelink, and received some free results from part of their test. I was particularly interested in the results for personality, because they seem pretty spot on in my case.

EFNmtlE.png

https://genomelink.io/?utm_source=g...MI8pXTncid4AIVBl6GCh0pJABHEAAYASAAEgK-KPD_BwE

The results above are from 23andme raw data. I uploaded my AncestryDNA raw data, and I received these results below, which have my "Openness" score much less. Moreover, it didn't even give me a result for extroversion. Though it had some different areas with more genetic traits, like physical, and intelligence. You can unlock more traits, but you have to pay $14 a month.

LlXvEl9.png

Both tests said I was a morning person, which is absolutely true. I always wake up earlier than most, and I like to be active in the mornings.

Perhaps the 23andme raw data might be more reliable since they test specifically for health traits? Maybe, maybe not. For AncestryDNA, their results are very rudimentary, with far less traits tested. Moreover, I think this test may be prioritized for 23andme. They directly take your raw data from the 23andme site, while with the others you have to manually upload them. Also, merged raw data is not compatible with it; I've tried all different formats.

Last edited:
Thanks, here are my results. By the way, using Living DNA instead of 23andme doubled my food & nutrition reports.

jUvEJVe.png

Got different traits, and I’m not sure about the degenerate gambler behavior. :unsure:

i1lYKXc.jpg

Don't put too much into how easy you can transfer data to and from the data providers. The different providers have vastly different APIs (program access points), and some of them up prioritize third party apps and some down. But that shouldn't affect quality of score. The number and quality of SNPs measured should.
So you can't conclude it works better with 23andme

Are there any details on how they arrive at the scores?.like what SNPs goes into each?

Don't put too much into how easy you can transfer data to and from the data providers. The different providers have vastly different APIs (program access points), and some of them up prioritize third party apps and some down. But that shouldn't affect quality of score. The number and quality of SNPs measured should.
So you can't conclude it works better with 23andme

Are there any details on how they arrive at the scores?.like what SNPs goes into each?

That is true as well. AncestryDNA raw data does yield more usable SNPs typically, and it did in fact change my results. It is a shame genomelink does not support merged raw data files.

In regards for which SNPs they test, I don't know.

Update, got new Trait: 🧬 🤯
Depression:
josC5MK.jpg

are you prone to “Social Communication Problem”?

... Verbal and nonverbal interactions with others ...

VLcrbJz.jpg

I’m an effective communicator when I choose to be. :grin:

Violent? Aggressive Behavior?

... Lower Risk for Aggression :)

In evolutionary terms: Could it be why my Y line is rare?

Vg1BhOn.jpg

Seems like some humble brags going on here. Doesn't anyone have any negative characteristics to share? Me, my problem is, I care too much . . .

Last edited:
Seems like some humble brags going on here. Doesn't anyone have any negative characteristics to share? Me, my problem is, I care too much . . .

You’re mistaken. :)

I posted all my 1st trait results.

once in while we get new free traits.

Got different traits, and I’m not sure about the degenerate gambler behavior. :unsure:

i1lYKXc.jpg

The Latest:

QvCAgfh.jpg

Too bad they have not integrated FTDNA results... would be fun to participate.

... my huge Melon :petrified:

100% - Your wider head keeps your larger brain protected :grin:

It seems that I should be a lot smarter than I am,
I wonder what happened, lol

5oaGPwY.jpg

Food Allergies: milk, eggs, shrimp, peanut, peach, capsaicin... pain, gluten sensitivity:

XfWxGFr.jpg

Food Allergies: milk, eggs, shrimp, peanut, peach, capsaicin... pain, gluten sensitivity:

XfWxGFr.jpg

Oh,no, not peaches! What happens to peaches in wine???

Seriously, have you ever noticed it?

Is there a cost for uplinking?

Oh,no, not peaches! What happens to peaches in wine???

Seriously, have you ever noticed it?

Is there a cost for uplinking?

... free upload, mine is free, but limited, ...

In my case, it is more of a skin sensitivity issue,

When I peel the peaches, or I drop juice anywhere on my skin, I get a rash, .. red and itchy, lol

But I can eat peaches without a problem, as long as someone else peels and cuts them for me :)

Romantic Relationship
:grin: Social Rejection

8NDZliv.jpg

Et7Smig.jpg

Stomach Volume After Meal:

IISTBmA.jpg

This thread has been viewed 24824 times.

Back