Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question on eye and skin color

Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 32.0%

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punish Them 911 View Post
    Markod -- I see reading is not your forte. Did you see the part where I also said they have West Eurasian ancestry?

Recap:

Afontova Gora are ANE.

Afontova Gora are genetically West Eurasia.

Afontova Gora had less than 10% East Eurasian ancestry.

ANE = a branch of West Eurasians.
    They're mixed. What's your source for the proportion of East Eurasian admixture? ANS had like 30%, Mal'ta 25% so that seems very low.

3 months registered500 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by markod View Post
    Yeah, as expected. Anecdotally I'd say that blonds are much more common among Arab Palestinians and Syrians for example. I doubt it's the ANE. There are quite a few SNPs associated with light hair.
    Nobody said anything about linking modern percentages of ANE or R1b-L21 to blond hair. I said the Yenisei-to-Lake Baikal region was the birthplace of blond hair and that it historically was more common there than in Europe, and that it is still visible there today. Even one R1b-L21 sample from Yamnaya was blond so we cannot even say that Yamnaya had no blonds. Which is expected, since Samara was blond as well as a Ukranian Mesolithic guy.

Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

^ I don't think it's a typo; it's not far from Lake Baikal (especially not in terms of hunter gatherer mobility) and it's the only major geographical feature to link AG to.

"Lake Baikal region" doesn't mean "shores of Lake Baikal."
    This map doesn't render the real distance between Krasnoyarsk and Irkutsk, but i tell you it's a long trail. Also it would be more accurate to have said on the Angara-Ienissei region more than the Baikal region. Every river doesn't flood into the Baikal Lake. I guess he wanted to say something like the " archeological horizon of the Baikal ".

Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Overall activity: 42.0%

I think the world is being invaded by all sorts of false problems.
    We need to understand what is false.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L23
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U7a4

Ethnic group
    Iranian

Quote Originally Posted by JajarBingan View Post
    If there are then I haven't seen those. I'm aware of these.Attachment 10719

I cannot see the Attachement you have posted. But it was written in a german newspaper(Spiegel Online) from May 2018:

For the German speakers:

Die Forscher zeichnen jetzt die Etappen der jahrhundertelangen Wanderung nach. Sie begann vor rund 4800 Jahren etwa auf dem Gebiet des heutigen Weißrussland. Dort hatten sich eindringende Jamnaja mit der örtlichen Bauernbevölkerung ver- mischt. Gleichsam als Mitbringsel hatten sie fortan deren Gene im Gepäck.

Die nächste nachweisbare Station liegt mehr als 2000 Kilometer weiter östlich. Dort, so jedenfalls rekonstruieren es die Linguisten, schnappten die Reisenden neue Begriffe auf, die dafür sprechen, dass sie die Kunst des Streitwagenbaus erlernten. Das stimmt mit den Erkennt- nissen der Archäologen überein: Sie ver- orten die Geburtsstätte dieses wirk- mächtigen Kriegsgeräts am Fuße des Uralgebirges.
    Bis hierher waren die Migranten im Ochsenkarren durch die Steppe gezuckelt, fortan preschten sie auch in grazilen zwei- rädrigen Karossen durchs Grasland. Das lässt auf soziale Veränderungen schließen. Archäologe Kristiansen jedenfalls hält es für sehr wahrscheinlich, dass der Vor- marsch in Richtung Indien nicht wie in Europa in Gestalt marodierender Jugend- banden, sondern militärisch organisiert geschah.

Own Translation of the first Lines:
    About 4800 years ago incoming Yamnaya people mated with the local farming population of about the area of modern day Belarus, from now on they carried the genes of these people with them to other places.

The Article is from Spielgel Online May 11 2018 and called "Genetiker erforschen die Bronzezeit: Woher stammt der Ureuropäer"
    Last edited by Anfänger; 08-02-19 at 23:05. Reason: Took the link out of the Post

Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 19.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Nobody said anything about linking modern percentages of ANE or R1b-L21 to blond hair. I said the Yenisei-to-Lake Baikal region was the birthplace of blond hair and that it historically was more common there than in Europe, and that it is still visible there today. Even one R1b-L21 sample from Yamnaya was blond so we cannot even say that Yamnaya had no blonds. Which is expected, since Samara was blond as well as a Ukranian Mesolithic guy.
    That's too early for assuming this. Not until we have lots of Neanderthals and Denisova genotype.

3 months registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Overall activity: 32.0%

The point I was trying to make (I made it badly) is that I'm 80% sure that in the HIrisPlex classification rs12821256 isn't required for a blond phenotype. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    z830
    MtDNA haplogroup
    R0a

Blonde haire come from papua genua and near them
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...eparately.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123