Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 257

Thread: News Article on Wang Paper - PIE is Anatolian again?

  1. #26
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    etrusco's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-01-17
    Location
    lombardy
    Posts
    66
    Points
    1,434
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,434, Level: 10
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Italy



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    the funny thing is that these scholars are not credible when they root for the Anatolian or South of Caucasus thesis ( personally I do not believe in both by the way ) but they are credible to many "keyboard warrior" when they speak about 90% replacement in britain or the "iberian massacre".....seems that here some kind of a racial bias is involved.......

  2. #27
    Dr. Eugenics Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    ToBeOrNotToBe's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-12-16
    Posts
    1,116


    Ethnic group
    Of the world
    Country: United Kingdom



    Quote Originally Posted by Saetrus View Post
    Wang et. al:

    Reply: We’re afraid that this might be a misunderstanding. There is indeed very limited gene flow between the Caucasus and the steppe groups (apart from the examples highlighted). However, we have based our PIE-related speculations on the observation that the CHG/Iranian (green) ancestry component is increasing already during the Eneolithic north of the Caucasus. This led us to propose that this might be the actual ‘tracer dye’ of an early PIE spread, which could then also accommodate the spread of PIE south of the mountain range where this ancestry component also rises in frequency resulting in a relatively homogenised dual ancestry (Anatolian + Iranian farming-related ancestry) in Chalcolithic times (see also brown arrow in Figure 2).
    Well then the guy writing the article was wrong, my bad. I agree that the increase in CHG corresponds to at least on the Steppe the origin of Late-PIE.

  3. #28
    Baron Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    340
    Points
    7,507
    Level
    25
    Points: 7,507, Level: 25
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 5.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    The party is just getting started. The models are using CHG/Iranian tracer dye theories.
    I think certain ideas might change in the future when they model Yamnaya and use Dzudzuana-26000YBP+/-[ancestral to both [CHG&Iran]/and or related clusters from the Caucasus.
    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/bior...1/423079-1.pdf

    Be wary of those who graduate from the university of perversity & diversity by destroying and
    demonizing the past, underestimating the present, and glorifying the future.

  4. #29
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    14,824
    Points
    249,202
    Level
    100
    Points: 249,202, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    The party is just getting started. The models are using CHG/Iranian tracer dye theories.
    I think certain ideas might change in the future when they model Yamnaya and use Dzudzuana-26000YBP+/-[ancestral to both [CHG&Iran]/and or related clusters from the Caucasus.
    https://www.biorxiv.org/content/bior...1/423079-1.pdf
    That's a good point.

    However, the only way I can see this relating to PIE is if we're talking about some sort of movement of people from the south onto the steppe during the Eneolithic.

    All the other possibilities are surely too old, aren't they?


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  5. #30
    Dr. Eugenics Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    ToBeOrNotToBe's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-12-16
    Posts
    1,116


    Ethnic group
    Of the world
    Country: United Kingdom



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    That's a good point.

    However, the only way I can see this relating to PIE is if we're talking about some sort of movement of people from the south onto the steppe during the Eneolithic.

    All the other possibilities are surely too old, aren't they?
    The Anatolian-Late-PIE split probably took place in the Late Neolithic if I had to guess, as it looks to be before the invention of the wheel. If that's right, that kind of ruins my Kura-Araxes idea for Anatolian.

  6. #31
    Baron Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    10-06-12
    Posts
    340
    Points
    7,507
    Level
    25
    Points: 7,507, Level: 25
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 5.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

    Country: Canada-Ontario



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    That's a good point.

    However, the only way I can see this relating to PIE is if we're talking about some sort of movement of people from the south onto the steppe during the Eneolithic.

    All the other possibilities are surely too old, aren't they?
    I can't help but wonder sometimes.
    Rhetorical questions for important PIE words-located within ancient Dzudzuana 26000+/- YBP[and by extension Yamnaya] zone

    Oldest dated wagon burial in the region 5300-5100YBP+/-
    SA6004 Sharakhalsun 6 5170.5 Steppe Maykop U7b Q1a2 - Highest/Наиболее выражена QK7584188 Q-L933

    Connection of wine in the region with proto Karvelian
    itself derived from the Proto-Indo-European stem *win-o- (cf. Armenian: գինի, gini; Ancient Greek: οἶνος oinos; Aeolic Greek: ϝοῖνος woinos; Hittite: wiyana; Lycian: oino).[40][41][42] T
    Ultimate Indo-European origin of the word is the subject of continued debate. Some scholars have noted the similarities between the words for wine in Indo-European languages (e.g. Armenian gini, Latin vinum, Ancient Greek οἶνος, Russian вино [vʲɪˈno]), Kartvelian

    Numerical evidence numbers like 2 and 4
    The number ‘four’ is reconstructed as *otxo- in Proto-Kartvelian, and this is generally taken to be a loan from Proto-
    Indo-European (cf. Klimov 1998:145—146; Fähnrich—Sardshweladse 1995:269; Gamkrelidze
    —Ivanov 1995.I:775 [Gamkrelidze—Ivanov reconstruct Proto-Kartvelian *(o)ŝt(o)-]).
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...rdinal_numbers

  7. #32
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-04-18
    Posts
    26
    Points
    1,166
    Level
    9
    Points: 1,166, Level: 9
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L23
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U7a4

    Ethnic group
    Iranian
    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    Connection of wine in the region with proto Karvelian
    itself derived from the Proto-Indo-European stem *win-o- (cf. Armenian: գինի, gini; Ancient Greek: οἶνος oinos; Aeolic Greek: ϝοῖνος woinos; Hittite: wiyana; Lycian: oino).[40][41][42] T
    Ultimate Indo-European origin of the word is the subject of continued debate. Some scholars have noted the similarities between the words for wine in Indo-European languages (e.g. Armenian gini, Latin vinum, Ancient Greek οἶνος, Russian вино [vʲɪˈno]), Kartvelian

    Numerical evidence numbers like 2 and 4

    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...rdinal_numbers
    If you are going this route then first wine was made in Shulaveri-Shomu Culture. Where is Olympus Mons ?

  8. #33
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    04-09-16
    Posts
    491
    Points
    1,328
    Level
    9
    Points: 1,328, Level: 9
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 29.0%


    Country: Portugal



    0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfänger View Post
    If you are going this route then first wine was made in Shulaveri-Shomu Culture. Where is Olympus Mons ?
    :)

    Angela is working her way to ban me infraction after infraction.... Where is maciamo?

  9. #34
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    04-09-16
    Posts
    491
    Points
    1,328
    Level
    9
    Points: 1,328, Level: 9
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 29.0%


    Country: Portugal



    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    MPI SHh is even making maps with dates... And still people "pretend not to see".
    Never mind... At the right time they 'knew all along" and "have been saying it since" whatever.
    Last edited by Olympus Mons; 10-02-19 at 16:32.

  10. #35
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    14,824
    Points
    249,202
    Level
    100
    Points: 249,202, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Sorry, duplicate.

  11. #36
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    etrusco's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-01-17
    Location
    lombardy
    Posts
    66
    Points
    1,434
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,434, Level: 10
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus Mons View Post
    MPI SHh is even making maps with dates... And still people "pretend not to see".

    Never mind... At the right time they 'knew all alomg" and "have been saying it since" whatever.

    Where I can find them Olympus?

  12. #37
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    04-09-16
    Posts
    491
    Points
    1,328
    Level
    9
    Points: 1,328, Level: 9
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 29.0%


    Country: Portugal



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by etrusco View Post
    Where I can find them Olympus?
    you're kidding right?

    - At the beginning of this thread you have a Map with dates from Johannes krauser, where he even goes as far as writing 6900 years ago instead of 7000 Years ago. Why? - because For years I have been spreading the 4900BC as the year PIE started to spread from the south caucasus, because its the date the Shulaveri suddenly vanished from south Caucasus. 4900BC... he goes and writes 6900 years ago. Delicious.

    -then there is a video next to that Map above in the thread, as if the map was not clear enough, where Gray starts the story at 8000 years ago, the 6th millennium, in south Caucasus.---errr, who lived in the south Caucasus during the 6th millennium? it starts with SHU...

    - Do you know how much grievances I had to take over the years, and even recently here at Eupedia by some "Linguistics experts" that fall short of call me an idiot because PIE can never be that earlier? --- well MPI in the voice of Gray himself is saying it out loud in the video, isn't he??

  13. #38
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-08-18
    Posts
    842
    Points
    10,677
    Level
    31
    Points: 10,677, Level: 31
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 573
    Overall activity: 76.0%


    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus Mons View Post
    you're kidding right?

    - At the beginning of this thread you have a Map with dates from Johannes krauser, where he even goes as far as writing 6900 years ago instead of 7000 Years ago. Why? - because For years I have been spreading the 4900BC as the year PIE started to spread from the south caucasus, because its the date the Shulaveri suddenly vanished from south Caucasus. 4900BC... he goes and writes 6900 years ago. Delicious.

    -then there is a video next to that Map above in the thread, as if the map was not clear enough, where Gray starts the story at 8000 years ago, the 6th millennium, in south Caucasus.---errr, who lived in the south Caucasus during the 6th millennium? it starts with SHU...

    - Do you know how much grievances I had to take over the years, and even recently here at Eupedia by some "Linguistics experts" that fall short of call me an idiot because PIE can never be that earlier? --- well MPI in the voice of Gray himself is saying it out loud in the video, isn't he??
    That's really a very specific date. I never noticed.

    I do think such a delay between Indo-Hittite and LPIE is problematic though, while a general Neolithic timeframe isn't necessairly. Perhaps something like the Ivanov model wherein only Balto-Slavic spreads from the steppe should be reconsidered. That would mean Greek, Germanic etc. from West Asia.

  14. #39
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    04-09-16
    Posts
    491
    Points
    1,328
    Level
    9
    Points: 1,328, Level: 9
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 29.0%


    Country: Portugal



    Quote Originally Posted by Anfänger View Post
    If you are going this route then first wine was made in Shulaveri-Shomu Culture. Where is Olympus Mons ?
    the latest buzz word should really be Honey, Medhu.
    University of toronto, which is working in SHulaveri and Gadrachilli, is saying they will publish something later how the shulaveri were apicultures, so, honey harvesters.

  15. #40
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    etrusco's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-01-17
    Location
    lombardy
    Posts
    66
    Points
    1,434
    Level
    10
    Points: 1,434, Level: 10
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Italy



    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus Mons View Post
    you're kidding right?

    - At the beginning of this thread you have a Map with dates from Johannes krauser, where he even goes as far as writing 6900 years ago instead of 7000 Years ago. Why? - because For years I have been spreading the 4900BC as the year PIE started to spread from the south caucasus, because its the date the Shulaveri suddenly vanished from south Caucasus. 4900BC... he goes and writes 6900 years ago. Delicious.

    -then there is a video next to that Map above in the thread, as if the map was not clear enough, where Gray starts the story at 8000 years ago, the 6th millennium, in south Caucasus.---errr, who lived in the south Caucasus during the 6th millennium? it starts with SHU...

    - Do you know how much grievances I had to take over the years, and even recently here at Eupedia by some "Linguistics experts" that fall short of call me an idiot because PIE can never be that earlier? --- well MPI in the voice of Gray himself is saying it out loud in the video, isn't he??
    You're getting me wrong.....just I was thinking of something more detailed or new data, just that.

  16. #41
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    15-07-18
    Posts
    573
    Points
    2,568
    Level
    14
    Points: 2,568, Level: 14
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 61.0%


    Country: UK - England



    Certainly, EHG levels in Armenia declined massively over the Kura-Araxes period, only to rebound as it came to an end.
    There are signs in autosomal DNA that people with a similar profile moved along or across the Black Sea and admixed with Ukrainian Steppe dwellers during the 4th millennium BC.
    What is to say they did not take their language (or features of it) with them as they moved out?

  17. #42
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    04-09-16
    Posts
    491
    Points
    1,328
    Level
    9
    Points: 1,328, Level: 9
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 29.0%


    Country: Portugal



    0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by markod View Post
    That's really a very specific date. I never noticed.

    I do think such a delay between Indo-Hittite and LPIE is problematic though, while a general Neolithic timeframe isn't necessairly. Perhaps something like the Ivanov model wherein only Balto-Slavic spreads from the steppe should be reconsidered. That would mean Greek, Germanic etc. from West Asia.

    Indeed. Very precise date. And on top of it, the hypothesis of a south Caucasus migration to Steppe by these dates is called the Iain Mathieson 2018 hypothesis, the same Mathieson that, by the few times he himself engage Eurogenes, must have watched me in endless battles in Eurogenes defending my Shulaverian Hypothesis. Really? Iain Mathieson Hypothesis?
    And just give it enough months and this crap of Krauser 4900BC is going to show its ugly face. Oh "they knew all along", "look at our slide" ...

    Split of indo-hittite by 4800BC? dont think is problematic.
    Can you point me to a good Ivanov summary? interesting. Because see my slide 8 (4000bc) at https://shulaverianhypothesis.blogs.sapo.pt/ --- its not news that there was a Gulmenita-Hamangia-pre-cucuteni swift move of people that was not much later seen engaging the western steppes of Ukraine. Several groups were PIE.

  18. #43
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    04-09-16
    Posts
    491
    Points
    1,328
    Level
    9
    Points: 1,328, Level: 9
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 29.0%


    Country: Portugal



    Quote Originally Posted by etrusco View Post
    You're getting me wrong.....just I was thinking of something more detailed or new data, just that.
    Yes, that I truly think there is kindof an embargo. Even Wang et al was from 4500BC, weird how Neolithic South Caucasus and extensive 4500BC-3900bC south balkans are being saved for "later" papers. Lets see if it isnt all a scripted narrative.

  19. #44
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    30-09-16
    Posts
    174
    Points
    4,236
    Level
    18
    Points: 4,236, Level: 18
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Canada



    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus Mons View Post
    Do you know how much grievances I had to take over the years, and even recently here at Eupedia by some "Linguistics experts" that fall short of call me an idiot because PIE can never be that earlier? --- well MPI in the voice of Gray himself is saying it out loud in the video, isn't he??
    Gray himself (et al) has been saying that since 2003. This is a slightly adjusted version of his 2014 scheme. Lots of people disagreed with him then and lots of people still do.

  20. #45
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    15-12-17
    Posts
    69
    Points
    1,103
    Level
    8
    Points: 1,103, Level: 8
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Italy



    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus Mons View Post
    you're kidding right?

    - At the beginning of this thread you have a Map with dates from Johannes krauser, where he even goes as far as writing 6900 years ago instead of 7000 Years ago. Why?
    The why is because Gray published this study with that exact same date in 2003:


    Was he also copying you back then?

  21. #46
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,410
    Points
    18,867
    Level
    41
    Points: 18,867, Level: 41
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 46.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    —————
    double post

  22. #47
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    2,410
    Points
    18,867
    Level
    41
    Points: 18,867, Level: 41
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 46.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    ... and they make fun of me for watching Ancient Aliens, ...
    I doubt the Conspiracy Theory.

  23. #48
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,254
    Points
    41,765
    Level
    63
    Points: 41,765, Level: 63
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,185
    Overall activity: 63.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by etrusco View Post
    the funny thing is that these scholars are not credible when they root for the Anatolian or South of Caucasus thesis ( personally I do not believe in both by the way ) but they are credible to many "keyboard warrior" when they speak about 90% replacement in britain or the "iberian massacre".....seems that here some kind of a racial bias is involved.......
    it's your right to believe what you want, but you don't have the right to call those who think otherwise racists
    and please, stick to the subject of this thread

  24. #49
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,254
    Points
    41,765
    Level
    63
    Points: 41,765, Level: 63
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,185
    Overall activity: 63.0%


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Can'tFightTruthM8s View Post
    Non è un'ironia. Questi razzisti pezzi di merda hanno un programma con la scienza. Its "obvious".
    this forum is in English and stop labelling others racists

  25. #50
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    04-09-16
    Posts
    491
    Points
    1,328
    Level
    9
    Points: 1,328, Level: 9
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 29.0%


    Country: Portugal



    Quote Originally Posted by Saetrus View Post
    The why is because Gray published this study with that exact same date in 2003:


    Was he also copying you back then?

    Fair enough.
    However this image does not make 6900 BP any centrality... but it answers the date figure itself and not 5000BC I give you that. its important to note he published 20 dates, as an agriculture PIE origin where divergence occur 8700 year ago for Anatolian, 7900, 7300, 6900, 6500, 6100... What made them choose 4900 now? what made them make 8000BP and 6900BP? I don't think is a coincidence. 2019 papers will show either way. Remember this exchange if there is a paper published specifically for Neolithic south Caucasus that proves me right.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •