GEDMatch Highly atypical gedmatch results.

WOOD

Reaction score
I receive much more sub-saharan ancestry than the mean for my ethnicity on all gedmatch models, sometimes over 10x the mean. What's the best gedmatch model to test the presence of sub-saharan ancestry?

I receive much more sub-saharan ancestry than the mean for my ethnicity on all gedmatch models, sometimes over 10x the mean. What's the best gedmatch model to test the presence of sub-saharan ancestry?

What's your ethnicity and what's the percentage of Sub Saharan admixture you got on gedmatch?

Ashkenazi. % varies from 0.5-4.5

AJ have North African and sometimes East African ancestry in small percentages. It would be useful to see your gedmatch results on Eurogenes K13-15, Dodecad K12b.

Just looking at "subsaharan", not the other african types:Eurogenes K13 - Subsaharan: 1.17%
Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 - Subsaharan: 0.71%
Dodecad K12b - Subsaharan: 0% (the other african types are present though)

Just looking at "subsaharan", not the other african types:Eurogenes K13 - Subsaharan: 1.17%
Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 - Subsaharan: 0.71%
Dodecad K12b - Subsaharan: 0% (the other african types are present though)
I score 0.8 Sub Saharan on K13 and I don't have any recent African in me.

Forget Gedmatch. Take the 23andme test. If you've got SSA or especially Ashkenazi admixture, it will show up.

I score 0.8 Sub Saharan on K13 and I don't have any recent African in me.

Still not as high as mine. And mine is multiple of the mean Ashkenazi score. I don't think I have any recent African ancestry. However, I do think this a proxy for recent Sephardic ancestry, as I also have elevated northwest african and Iberian components relative to other Ashkenazim. My closest match on K13 is Sephardic, as it is on many other gedmatch calculators. MyHeritage also puts me as part Morrocan Sephardic. What's the best way to check this using my DNA kit?

This thread has been viewed 5995 times.

Back