New paper about auDNA of current Iberia

Olá Duarte,

those 2 videos are ancient and they really don't focus on haplogroups. I view them as "romantic" videos that talk about History in a very pink perspective and keep going on and on about the melting pot. They seem to be more ideologic than scientific.
The study "Micro-phylogeographic and demographic history of Portuguese male lineages." is from 2006, but it tries to analyse the proportions of Y-DNA haplogroups in the Portuguese districts.
Portugal is very much a R1b majority country.

P.S. - O Brasil vem jogar no Porto com o Panamá!

Hello Nuno.

Yes. It has been said in one of the many forums here at Eupedia that much has yet to be done and discussed about the genetics of the modern population of the Iberian Peninsula and Portugal.

You bring one more element to enrich the discussions.

As for the game, I think it will be a great spectacle, although the selection of Panama is not an adversary of tradition.

Anyway, Brazil has great players, most of them playing in European clubs, and I think it will be a good game for football lovers who live in Oporto city to watch.

Football is always a great multicultural and multiethnic celebration of democracy in sport.

PS: Um grande abraço para você desde o Brasil, extensivo a todos os irmãos portugueses.

Duarte.

The study "Micro-phylogeographic and demographic history of Portuguese male lineages." is from 2006, but it tries to analyse the proportions of Y-DNA haplogroups in the Portuguese districts.
Portugal is very much a R1b majority country.

Not disputing that information, which is a fact, but Portugal's being very much a R1b-majority country tells us not that much about its overall genetic ancestry. Basques and British people both R1b-majority people (and R1b-L51 more specifically), too, but they clearly have very distinct genetic ancestry and a mostly different genetic history in the last 6000 years. We shouldn't read too much in Y-DNA haplogroups beyond the information they can really give us.

I also wanted to point out about the absurdity of this Oxford study that:

If SSA is attributed to the whole of Andalusia, they should know that when the Almoravids arrived, 500,000 natives move to the north of Spain and remain in the north, perhaps after Castilla for 800 years, so if that dubious Oxford study would like Attributing the SSA of Andalusia to the pre-Islamic period also in the north would have to appear that value that the natives of the south would have brought.

If the SSA intended to put it in the Muslim era we would return to the same, the blacks in Al-Andalus would have been slaves and their access to the population of the three Christian, Muslim and Jewish cultures and if the results of North Africa in Andalusia or Spain they have turned out to be so minimal, contrary to what some people claimed, dreamed or wished for, because it is more unlikely that black slaves would have taken control of the genetic control of that time, being slaves.

So they will have a hard time resolving the ballot and the best they can do is acknowledge that their study is wrong and they have screwed up to the waist.

They thought that obtaining an SSA value of dubious credibility could fit more or less at the time they knew there was slavery through the Andalusian ports, supported by topical and romantic ideas of romantic and false European writings with which a topic had been created and that anything could fit in Andalusia, and it turns out that no, anything does not fit in Andalusia.

So there are some disturbing points. What interest there may be in this alleged manipulation of an implausible lace, and who may be behind the financing of such a convoluted study and if in said study it was pre-determined to find results on a compulsory basis and put them where they could best appear credible. presumably.

I also want to emphasize that those who climbed afterwards went down in addition to those who remained and it was the engine of the "reconquest" I am a little tired that the reconquest is seen as a fact of the northern ones nothing else, and the natives of the south as a passive element, when from within their own territory they also had to exert a great resistance that added to the motor force of the north that in reality were those of the south they returned to recover the territory, otherwise perhaps at present Spain would continue being Muslim.

Look, this is turning into a thread of no value scientifically. The SSA exists. When it is there it sticks out, and it sticks out in this case.

Now, if you want to argue about how and when, fine, but you can't argue with the facts.

I also don't understand how anyone can ignore the fact that white male owners have sex with their female SSA slaves. Do I really have to show the numerous examples world wide?

Let's think about just one. People who visited Thomas Jefferson's plantation were amazed at how many "white" slaves he had. More than a few were his own children. Most of them ran away and blended into the greater population.

Wishing this away won't change anything.

Also, let's drop the easy shot conspiracy theories. All the genetics labs in the world aren't in a conspiracy to "darken" Spain.

^^The laboratories of the world do not intend to obscure free Spain probably, I imagine that the studies are commissioned and financed by someone. And if in this case a purported SSA that is attributed to a population or nationality and that does not fit anywhere makes it necessary to return to the origin of everything that is the study itself.

Although that SSA has appeared at the time of slavery through the Andalusian ports, it would be minimal in relation to the entire Andalusian population and it would have occurred since the beginning of the 20th century, so it would not be understood to extend it as a result for a whole population, nor the fact of having tried to fit in historical periods where it is impossible that it had occurred. It is obvious.

^^The laboratories of the world do not intend to obscure free Spain probably, I imagine that the studies are commissioned and financed by someone. And if in this case a purported SSA that is attributed to a population or nationality and that does not fit anywhere makes it necessary to return to the origin of everything that is the study itself.

Although that SSA has appeared at the time of slavery through the Andalusian ports, it would be minimal in relation to the entire Andalusian population and it would have occurred since the beginning of the 20th century, so it would not be understood to extend it as a result for a whole population, nor the fact of having tried to fit in historical periods where it is impossible that it had occurred. It is obvious.

Yeah, right. It's always the Jews, right? What, they hold a grudge for being expelled what, 800 years ago?

You think anyone is persuaded by this nonsense? Give it up.

^^I do not believe the Jews, but it could be Puigdemont allegedly. LOL

I'm settled the issue. From now on, it will be the Csic who will be in charge of finding out what has happened to this strange, convoluted, thick and complicated study, something that they continually emphasize, besides indicating that in U.K. They did the same, they are very concerned that we created everything that it cost them to do it.

It's over I do not want to talk about the subject anymore, the issue is in the hands of whoever needs to be.

This thread has been viewed 17245 times.

Back