Iberian Altaic language

At least revolutions but this has sounded to Jota downstream

Why are you using Armenian music/dances as an analogy for central/eastern Asian music and dances? Just because Urartu was mostly located in modern Turkey? Whether Altaic is a legitimate linguistic family or not, Armenian was never classified as Altaic.

Some pics of Iberian sculptures (esculturas iberas) taken by me at the Museo Arqueologico Nacional (MAN) de Madrid... IMO matriarchy in this society is evident. Pentax k-x, Pentax 18-55

https://imgur.com/a/Z7Ad0O4

Great pics. What period of time do those statues date back to (if known)?

As the celtic, VII-0 bc. I think iberos were genetically R1b as the celts but with levantine influences, being celts more rude ;P

Some pics of Iberian sculptures (esculturas iberas) taken by me at the Museo Arqueologico Nacional (MAN) de Madrid... IMO matriarchy in this society is evident. Pentax k-x, Pentax 18-55

https://imgur.com/a/Z7Ad0O4

Wow really impressive artwork! I had never seen some of these, and some that I knew are here far better pictured, and I can see their beauty much more clearly. Thank you!

I disagree with the Spanish guy not having asiatic traits... He clearly has asiatic influence in phenotype. Europe is too small to develop such types independently. It must have been introduced along with haplogroup R. Doesn't mean that he belongs to this haplogroup. There are also plenty of people who DO have an epicanthic fold in these parts of Europe. I think see similar, types in Belgium too. Usually lighter variations, but the guy I know who has this phenotype is a native and even darker than the person he showed here. It is simply a west and central Asian influence.

Just to go back to this very topic, I think that when comparing lexicon (with the needed methodology), we have to look at the depth of lexicon: experience has shown that the most languages are close one to another, the most they share cognate (and not close today by force) words in the fields of family/descendances, body parts, basic verbs and basic adjectives, and so on - (weirdly, the adverbs are often very different, because it seems they are often replaced by new "pictureful" words or even locutions, if I don't mistake). When, with some circonvolutions and very (too) open mind, we find a list of possible cognates concerning other matters, picked here and there, spred far and wide in the allover possible lexicon, we can have doubts, I think. Like some people say, "It's my opinion, and I share it."

Just to go back to this very topic, I think that when comparing lexicon (with the needed methodology), we have to look at the depth of lexicon: experience has shown that the most languages are close one to another, the most they share cognate (and not close today by force) words in the fields of family/descendances, body parts, basic verbs and basic adjectives, and so on - (weirdly, the adverbs are often very different, because it seems they are often replaced by new "pictureful" words or even locutions, if I don't mistake). When, with some circonvolutions and very (too) open mind, we find a list of possible cognates concerning other matters, picked here and there, spred far and wide in the allover possible lexicon, we can have doubts, I think. Like some people say, "It's my opinion, and I share it."

You can find similarities in any two languages if you look hard enough, as in Cherokee and Greek, https://dnaconsultants.com/cherokees-spoke-greek-came-east-mediterranean/ :LOL:

watch

I see it clearly.
Carlos you are observant but at the same time a bit misinformed. The history of people confused by similarity between Kartvelians and Iberians go back thousands of years. Romans also named Kartli(Eastern Georgia) Iberia. Then some linguists tried to find similarities in Basque and Kartvelian languages. I feel like Similarities between the two cultures aren't total coincidence, so far the only possible link is the spread of EEF. maybe tiny parts of their culture were preserved through time in all these places so there are few patterns and similarities between us. I don't think there was any later migration, definitely nothing major but perhaps we're simply seeing the shadows of an ancient extinct culture. Similarly I recently discovered that some Georgian folk songs are eerily similar to some South Italian and Island folk songs. I can't find the link to the video but it was either Sardinia or Sicilians sitting at a table singing a song that sounded very much similar to Georgian folk songs like this

I also think that our people don't know enough about each others cultures to properly make any comparisons. We need more Georgian anthropologists to learn about Spain/Italy and Vice versa. It's all very superficial, some videos, some tourists going to a place then coming back saying "hey they're like us"

watch

I see it clearly.

@G2ian

Jeez but don't you see that that's flamenco

A little confused the later gypsy dramatization and some Moorish brushstroke but the bulk of the base comes from there, you don't see it

Even the dancers wear the same hat as this ancient Iberian sculpture
CanalPatrimonio_Museo_Ibero_Jaen_2.jpg

White and bottled
what is it?

@G2ian

Jeez but don't you see that that's flamenco

A little confused the later gypsy dramatization and some Moorish brushstroke but the bulk of the base comes from there, you don't see it

Even the dancers wear the same hat as this ancient Iberian sculpture

White and bottled
what is it?
I see the similarities. the moves seem similar but the dance has different emphasis and character. Different evolution of the same traditions ? possibly. I was just speculating on where all those similarities come from. Because people have been saying that Iberians and Caucasians are similar for thousands of years but no one knows why.
That's a western Georgian dance, coincidentally the part where Anatolian Farmers migrated to. The headgear is also west Georgian. Here you'll find these interesting then.

This is Adjaruli, the same dance from that video mixed with other adjarian dances.
This one is Khorumi Western military dance
From western mountains of Raj'a similar to Adjaruli

I see the similarities. the moves seem similar but the dance has different emphasis and character. Different evolution of the same traditions ? possibly. I was just speculating on where all those similarities come from. Because people have been saying that Iberians and Caucasians are similar for thousands of years but no one knows why.
That's a western Georgian dance, coincidentally the part where Anatolian Farmers migrated to. The headgear is also west Georgian. Here you'll find these interesting then.

This is Adjaruli, the same dance from that video mixed with other adjarian dances.
This one is Khorumi Western military dance
From western mountains of Raj'a similar to Adjaruli

I really see the similarities with Spanish folklore.

How are the stone engravings and ancient human representations found in your country or throughout the Caucasus?

We have to be careful about dances performed by the national folkloric troupe for a country vs the actual dances danced in the villages and towns. To me the choreographers for these troupes take too many liberties and add too many flourishes. Now I am not saying that it happened in this instance but this has been my experience with other countries. Not that I don't enjoy it but it does not represent the actual dance very accurately.

We have to be careful about dances performed by the national folkloric troupe for a country vs the actual dances danced in the villages and towns. To me the choreographers for these troupes take too many liberties and add too many flourishes. Now I am not saying that it happened in this instance but this has been my experience with other countries. Not that I don't enjoy it but it does not represent the actual dance very accurately.

That fact or factor is already processed and taken into account.

I have also seen the popular or original version.

I didn't know much about the Caucasus but I had always been more drawn to it now. I do not know if Spain has relations with one or more Caucasus countries. Maybe write to the Andalusian government, it would seem interesting to start having them in Andalusia. Many times there are exchanges from students, business or even demand for workers and lately the red governments of Andalusia have only been looking at North Africa with which we do not share these Iberian dances, it would be interesting to start having people from the Caucasus in Andalusia.

Yes in general that's true. Not really for Georgia though. The traditional dances and songs are taken extremely seriously here, you can't just name any dance Adjaruli, you can change the combination and the order of the action but moves don't change. There are also some new dances created in traditional style but they're not considered folk, more like neo-folk. A group called sukhishvili is known for taking liberties with their dances.

Also the dances that these groups perform are combinations of all the dances from one region put together in one act. For example Adjaruli is several Adjaran dances put together for a concert. etc..

Also when cameras were invented first thing Georgians did was go around the countryside and record every folk dance and song. Here's the oldest recording of Khorumi for example.

Yes in general that's true. Not really for Georgia though. The traditional dances and songs are taken extremely seriously here, you can't just name any dance Adjaruli, you can change the combination and the order of the action but moves don't change. There are also some new dances created in traditional style but they're not considered folk, more like neo-folk. A group called sukhishvili is known for taking liberties with their dances.

Also the dances that these groups perform are combinations of all the dances from one region put together in one act. For example Adjaruli is several Adjaran dances put together for a concert. etc..

Also when cameras were invented first thing Georgians did was go around the countryside and record every folk dance and song. Here's the oldest recording of Khorumi for example.
That Korumi dance looks like some of the Greek Pontic dances and I believe the Laz dances.

Laz are in fact Kartvelian a.k.a Georgian.

This thread has been viewed 32487 times.

Back