Carlos

Banned
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-V22/YF66572
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c5c1
Are Europedia members fond of pets?

How did you choose that animal or how did it come to you? You can indicate your story or simply show us your image.

Here you can post pictures of your pets yesterday today and always.

If you do not have pets you can also publish your favorite domestic or wild animals.

My first dog an American cocker female. He lived for 16 years. Lovely but very stubborn. I would not have this race again because of the excessive care with the hair that you have to have.

Deva%2B0453500.jpg

My female Golden Retriever. Excessively good and obedient; although I have never seen a breed of dog that loses so much hair.

golden222.jpg

My female Belier. Very calm and sociable.
conejablanca2040.jpg

Silkworms are very popular here. I have them since I was a child. Some year as an adult I usually have them, but with climate changes things do not go as well as decades ago. I also usually have a cold water fish. The typical golden fish.
gusanoentrelosdedos.jpg

And the revelation. Chihuahua I wanted to have a small black and white dog, something vulgar in color and I bought this chihuahua through internet, later I found out that its color is Panda. It has been a discovery because it was a race that I had never paid much attention to and I did not like it too much but once it is known it creates addiction.
Noviembre2016%2B556.jpg

peque%25C3%25B1alizyzapatillas.jpg

I've already posted my current dog, Polo, a hound, but here goes. My daughter's boyfriend got him for her, but her new apartment complex doesn't allow big dogs, so by default he is now mine and my husband's. I would never have chosen this breed: too stubborn, difficult to housebreak, to stop from tearing things, and to heel and come. I think it's the predator instinct. I don't take him to wooded areas, my husband does that, because if he sees even just a squirrel he's off, and I'm too light. I've fallen three times already trying to hold him. They're used to hunt raccoons and bears.

I still won't give him up without a fight, though. :) He's good with visitors, with children, and he's fiercely protective of us and the property. I honestly don't need my alarm system anymore. If anyone even approaches the house, even in the middle of the night, he's straining at the leash and howling. He's actually quite frightening at those times. The same people he'll lick if we meet them on the street away from the house he's straining to attack if they try to come onto the property without our ok. Most importantly for me, he's the most affectionate dog I've ever had, meltingly so. I love him to bits.

GzW6KvG.jpg

I haven't uploaded all of my old pictures, but I've had an English Springer Spaniel, lovable but dumb, and the hair is way too much upkeep, and a poodle, very smart but not very affectionate.

EnglishSpringerSpaniel-1.jpg

He was my father's choice (he hunted and loved hunting dogs), the poodle was mine.

I never had him styled, just buzz cut every once in a while. They don't shed, which is great, and exceptionally easy to train. Sometimes I thought he was smarter than we are. If I could guarantee that I got a more affectionate one, I'd get one again. Very easy. (I'm very physically affectionate, and my dog has to be as well. :))

poodle.jpg

I've never been without a cat, as child and adult.

I've already posted my current dog, Polo, a hound, but here goes. My daughter's boyfriend got him for her, but her new apartment complex doesn't allow big dogs, so by default he is now mine and my husband's. I would never have chosen this breed: too stubborn, difficult to housebreak, to stop from tearing things, and to heel and come. I think it's the predator instinct. I don't take him to wooded areas, my husband does that, because if he sees even just a squirrel he's off, and I'm too light. I've fallen three times already trying to hold him. They're used to hunt raccoons and bears.

I still won't give him up without a fight, though. :) He's good with visitors, with children, and he's fiercely protective of us and the property. I honestly don't need my alarm system anymore. If anyone even approaches the house, even in the middle of the night, he's straining at the leash and howling. He's actually quite frightening at those times. The same people he'll lick if we meet them on the street away from the house he's straining to attack if they try to come onto the property without our ok. Most importantly for me, he's the most affectionate dog I've ever had, meltingly so. I love him to bits.

GzW6KvG.jpg

I haven't uploaded all of my old pictures, but I've had an English Springer Spaniel, lovable but dumb, and the hair is way too much upkeep, and a poodle, very smart but not very affectionate.

EnglishSpringerSpaniel-1.jpg

He was my father's choice (he hunted and loved hunting dogs), the poodle was mine.

I never had him styled, just buzz cut every once in a while. They don't shed, which is great, and exceptionally easy to train. Sometimes I thought he was smarter than we are. If I could guarantee that I got a more affectionate one, I'd get one again. Very easy. (I'm very physically affectionate, and my dog has to be as well. :))

poodle.jpg

I've never been without a cat, as child and adult.

He's 65 pounds at his last weigh in.
iEp42NB.png
[/IMG]

View attachment 10909

This is my dog! I absolutely adore it - German pointer 12 years now. The bread was developed in the 17th c. of crosses between Spanish Pointers and Bloodhounds (the connection to Spain...)
This is my first dog and my life with a dog is much much better than without it! My parents absolutely opposed having a pet when I was a child though we lived in a house with a large garden near park. Now I am living in a small flat and walk my dog without a leash while riding a bicycle. It all works out perfectly. Well, the dog (Kukas, from James Cook, the explorer) is a real escape artist - and runs loose with his own business for a couple of hours or so and then returns home by himself, if I am too busy to walk him for longer periods... Apart from that he loves stinking smells and uses them a lot like perfumes ...

I have always had Labrador retrievers. Very loyal, loveable, and friendly. They also always thought they were lap dogs. After 11 years, without a dog, I finally got a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She is a fiesty thing. My son has a Malamute, and she is not afraid to go after him. Her picture is my avatar, and no, it's not a cigar, just a half chewed bully stick.

Brynne's ancestry is from Ireland...

This thread has been viewed 5077 times.

Back