The best friend of the Iberian

There is a guy in Bosnia if i remember correct that has a pure bred wolf,he rescue it when he was little and keep him along dogs Sarplaninac,even thought they are sworn enemies when the one guard sheeps and the other in wild

[CITA = Duarte; 570392] El lobo guara:

View attachment 10814[/ CITA]

Very interesting remember animals that I have seen from Africa.

I think I said it once on a different thread.

Regardless of gender (♂ ♀), my Grandfather named all his hunting dogs Diana. :)

(Total Confusion for the dogs and the people) (y) lol

Diana (Artemis) = Goddess of the Hunt

That same thing of calling all dogs by the same name I have also met in Andalusia. It is more practical for the hunter to be.

My father what he does is that he gives another name to all the dogs we have had, to a dog that I put Deva and my father called Yoya, the dog attended to the two names.

[CITA = Duarte; 570392] El lobo guara:

View attachment 10814[/ CITA]

Very interesting remember animals that I have seen from Africa.

Yes. He seems the dog from the African savannah. But the savannah dog is very small when compared to it. I think that its the largest canine in the world in stature, but it is not as robust as the European wolf or the American wolf. He has long legs. He is very tall, but very shy. It's a lone wolf. He does not live in packs and seeks a mate only during the mating season. He avoids contact with humans, so it is not dangerous for us. But obviously, I would not leave a child alone in a forest full of maned wolves. :)

I think I said it once on a different thread.Regardless of gender (♂ ♀), my Grandfather named all his hunting dogs Diana. :) (Total Confusion for the dogs and the people) (y) lolDiana (Artemis) = Goddess of the Hunt
Hello Salento. I hope I will not be punished for running away from the subject of this thread, but now I know why in the reconstitution they made of the face of Cheddar man he appears with his face so well-shaved. If he did not shave with high-quality chipped stone blade and then did not use a aloe lotion extracted directly from the plant leaf, would not have conquered Lady Cheddary, who look so beautiful in Carlos's avatar. Oooops. :D

Last edited:
Hello Salento. I hope I will not be punished for running away from the subject of this thread, but now I know why in the reconstitution they made of the face of Cheddar man he appears with his face so well-shaved. If he did not shave with high-quality chipped stone blade and then did not use a aloe lotion extracted directly from the plant leaf, would not have conquered Lady Cheddary, who look so beautiful in Carlos's avatar. Oooops. :D

I’m sure Cheddary had a dog named Diana too. lol

With facial hairs.
Complete Cheddy Makeover.

Before and After :giggle:

jnQkVif.jpg

R5y80zR.jpg

yzGnMTQ.jpg

I’m sure Cheddary had a dog too.

With facial hairs.
Complete Cheddy Makeover.
Before and After :wary2:

jnQkVif.jpg

R5y80zR.jpg

yzGnMTQ.jpg

LMAO. I think Cheddar was a transsexual. The evolution of appearance clearly shows this. He was born a man, but ends as Conchita Wurst. It happens from the earliest prehistory. C’est la vie :)

Ah why it isn't no other than the Fair Lady Cheddarly, First Baroness to Duke Cheddingon the Third, Esquire of Cheesehampton. Might we treat ourselves to tea and speared squirrel as we discuss the Queen?

Poor Wiley coyote needs aspirin for his hangover

5c18689cf12c8ae56ee8bbd8f8729f60--coyotes-road-runner.jpg

Guess what? I found Wiley drinking buddy:
Was Anubis all along. who knew!

he’s a total Jacka... :LOL:
112px-Anubis_standing.svg.png

Ah why it isn't no other than the Fair Lady Cheddarly, First Baroness to Duke Cheddingon the Third, Esquire of Cheesehampton. Might we treat ourselves to tea and speared squirrel as we discuss the Queen?

omg, she’s absolutely stunning!
Look at her. WoW! LOL

eY1ZStf.jpg

Podenco Andaluso?

podenco.jpg

Ancient Breed.
Roman Era Coin with this dog:

cirneco-del-etna-monedas.jpg

Podenco.jpg

This beautiful image of a podenco is a fragment of the beautiful "Neptune" mosaic, which is preserved in the excellent collection of the Bardo Museum in Tunis.

245px-Kritikosichnilatis_1.jpg

Kritikos Lagonikos

The Credenian hound has the coiled tail could be that of the Roman coin perhaps. The image of the mosaic does not have the coiled tail it would look more like the Andalusian hound.

perros-razas-podenco-paternino-01.jpg

Podenco paternino de Huelva

2706-podenco-paternino.jpg

Podenco paternino o paternero de Huelva.
295736469_4.jpg

Podenco paternino o paternero Huelva

The representation of the podenco in ancient art reminds me more of the paternal or paternal hound of Huelva than the Andalusian standard.

There is also a certain similarity between the Credenian and the Huelva podenco, perhaps there were relations between the Kingdom of Tartessos and Crete.

The paternal hound of Huelva was created with a male hound with a morphology different from the rest and an Andalusian hound female.

The Sabueso Español (Spanish Scenthound)is a scenthound breed with its origin in the far north of Iberian Peninsula, included in Group VI of F.C.I. classification. This breed has been used in this mountainous region since hundreds of years ago for all kind of game: wild boar, hare, brown bear, wolf, red deer, fox, roe deer and chamois. It is an exclusive working breed, employed in hunting with firearms.

The first description of Iberian scenthounds appears in chapter 39 of Libro de la Montería de Alfonso XI or The Hunting Book of Alfonso XI, a medieval tome of the 14th century for a Castillian king.After that, diverse descriptions of Iberian scenthounds appeared in various Spanish hunting books of the 15th, 16th, and 17th centuries: two examples include Tratado de la Montería, or A Treatise on Hunting and Molina's late Renaissance book Discurso de la Montería, or A Discourse on Hunting, written in 1582

Razas_Europeas.jpg

image.jpg

1310071889452_trailla-de-sabuesos_570x515.jpg

sabuesoespanol3-270x320.jpg

1018_1.jpg

pa117.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

DirectoryPageImages-image-447.jpg

image.jpg

2015_1.jpg

National Club of the Spanish Scenthound
https://www.sabuesoespanol.com/club/sabueso-espanol

View attachment 10866 This is a true working spanish mastiff, not the massive ones of canine shows. Actually wolves are a very big problem in northwestern Iberia, with a wide population, so working spanish mastiffs to defend cattle are increasing numbers quickly.

The official Spanish mastiff has no attitude for cattle or for the wolf, it is more a companion dog.
The mastín of work that is the authentic mastín is in height at least in the field with the shepherds.

It is the mastiff that appears in the old photographs that I put in the section of the Spanish mastiff.

img_3149.jpg

56222414_1279907725497384_1711151194480574464_n.jpg

56178700_10214170368594269_2299855292227125248_n.jpg

55818922_2341419619462261_3204717120952729600_n.jpg

53020224_605953533210304_160266863564029952_n.jpg

I have a Carpathian shepherd(Ciobanesc Carpatin), a dog closely related to the Molossus of Epirus,the more wolfish variant.

Very intelligent animal,empathetic, yet independent, many times discrete,he unconditionally attacks bears or wolf packs in difficult situations,may practice selective defence(doesn't instinctively harass the newcomers, if he sees that is accepted by the master/shepherd or doesn't present a real threat).

It is breed by the people,usually shepherds,in the Carpathians for hundreds of years, many of them have wolf admixture.

Last edited:
Mine looks very close to this one.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...c6H8ki4GPmfvXK1YVdPsvzkxCvkcvLEO61t2PCDwgonTQ

I was not his first owner,it was not that easy to become friends.

The final approach was made when he escaped in the next yard,with my neighbor's wife yelling" Your dog is in our place!"
Since we're not 100% OK,he started to bite me,when I kept trying to grab his neck,until he got tired,I have never used physical violence against any of my dogs,however for a few seconds he became my girlfriend,didn't liked to be in somebody's arms,that's for sure.

This thread has been viewed 36669 times.

Back