Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Polish
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-L617
mtDNA haplogroup
W6a
He looks nothing like a "depigmented Med", he has no gracile features at all (if he is not Nordic then what is he?):

597Sck0.png

ifxtjBy.png

FleUvhT.png

wehEwtw.png

7xUcPr5.png

yQ4gcQR.png

Q1ee24Z.png

6JJi2aH.png

1K6Tcmt.png

EegZbUY.png

He looks nothing like a "depigmented Med", he has no gracile features at all (if he is not Nordic then what is he?):

597Sck0.png

ifxtjBy.png

FleUvhT.png

wehEwtw.png

7xUcPr5.png

yQ4gcQR.png

Q1ee24Z.png

6JJi2aH.png

1K6Tcmt.png

EegZbUY.png

He has a slight Amerindian vibe, especially the nose, the cheekbones, and in some pictures a slight East Asian look to the eyes. Phrobably ANE related. Amerindians have the most ANE, don't they? I'm not surprised to see it in some far northern or northeastern Europeans. Probably lots of ancestry from hunter-gatherers ancient and modern, i.e. like the Saami.

Like that strong, manly nose.

ANE link is so far wrong it’s not even funny. This is a CM-enriched BB phenotype. See Sean Bean, or just see the robust Dinaric form of BB skulls

Appears to be most common in non-Southern Germany, by the way. See Coon.

We're in the 21st century: time to start using the correct terms.

CM is out of date. What we're talking about is hunter-gatherer traces in phenotype, whether WHG or EHG. This looks more like EHG to me, although there were East Eurasian traces in WHG as well.

Anthronerds call this East Nordid. It is in fact a Mediterranean variety, but its pigmented counterpart would be found in Afghanistan and thereabouts.

Very interesting looks in any case. I assume he's a Slav?

To me that's rather a Germanic look.
I'm shocked the band is French actually from Lorraine (East France), close to Germany.

Anthronerds call this East Nordid. It is in fact a Mediterranean variety, but its pigmented counterpart would be found in Afghanistan and thereabouts.

Very interesting looks in any case. I assume he's a Slav?

We don’t call it East Nordid, you must be very very mistaken. East Nordid is like Max von Sydow. Google him and see just how different he looks.

As for CM being outdated - it’s just a phenotypical term. None of this has any direct relation to anthrogenetics, though obviously it’s all very connected.

If e.g. Coon were so outdated, then he wouldn’t be consistently proved right on just about everything.

And by the way, it seems that Globular Amphora are the “true” Nordids (not just in pigmentation) - though there isn’t anything mythological about this particular phenotype as compared to any other.

We don’t call it East Nordid, you must be very very mistaken. East Nordid is like Max von Sydow. Google him and see just how different he looks.

Looks might be very misleading, the dimension are important. In this case the nose looks somewhat weird, but he's extremely long-faced/, blond and robust therefore Corded/East Nordid. The skull is too low however.

Sydow is very gracile, so Hallstatt/Classic Nordid.

Looks might be very misleading, the dimension are important. In this case the nose looks somewhat weird, but he's extremely long-faced/, blond and robust therefore Corded/East Nordid. The skull is too low however.

Sydow is very gracile, so Hallstatt/Classic Nordid.

Sydow is not Hallstatt as he's too high-skulled. He's definitely East Nordid, even if he isn't especially robust (and East Nordids are still relatively gracile as a rule, just not as much as Hallstatts).

Hallstatt is such a poor term though, as the type it refers too did not originate in the Hallstatt culture - Skandonordid is more appropriate.

He has a slight Amerindian vibe, especially the nose, the cheekbones, and in some pictures a slight East Asian look to the eyes. Phrobably ANE related. Amerindians have the most ANE, don't they? I'm not surprised to see it in some far northern or northeastern Europeans. Probably lots of ancestry from hunter-gatherers ancient and modern, i.e. like the Saami.

Like that strong, manly nose.

In my "imaginary world" imagination the EHG looked quite a lot like that man, mainly Europoid, but with that uncanny Amerindian or Siberian-like features that you can't precise, but it's there. ;)

In my "imaginary world" imagination the EHG looked quite a lot like that man, mainly Europoid, but with that uncanny Amerindian or Siberian-like features that you can't precise, but it's there. ;)

I completely agree. Something "exotic", not quite Europoid, or maybe better said, not completely West Eurasian.

^^^
Whoops, sorry, I think this reconstruction shows some Eastern Hunter-Gatherer (EHG), not Afontova Gora3?

It is a bit misleading that he used it as a thumbnail for his video.

^^^
Whoops, sorry, I think this reconstruction shows some Eastern Hunter-Gatherer (EHG), not Afontova Gora3?

It is a bit misleading that he used it as a thumbnail for his video.

There are no AG/ANE skulls afaik.

The EHGs seem to have had rounded features.

47396835_2353448091395415_7875982088191606784_n.jpg

Mattjö Haussy, Justine Galmiche and Pierrick Valence.

SKÁLD is a French metal band. The guy's name is Mattjö Haussy, who is a French national along with the two other band members. The band released their first EP last year and they are passionate about playing Nordic folk music. His surname may be of Norman origin, and originated from Houssaye, a place in the Normandy region. If Mattjö Haussy has Norman ancestry, his Y-DNA haplogroup is likely to be I1, which was found in eleven of the Normans who settled in French Normandy.

SKÁLD is above all a project matured for several years, led by musicians passionate about Nordic mythology who are not at their first attempt:

Pierrick Valence, Justine Galmiche and Mattjö Haussy.

An unprecedented project in France that is released worldwilde today, Friday July 20th, at Decca Records / Universal Music Publishing.

Those three look like any group of younger people I'd see in a club or a bar here in the Midwest. My son pictured below looks like he has the rounded "Slavic" features. Isn't that what the EHG is?

9dpfDCO.jpg

This thread has been viewed 18277 times.

Back