Were ancient Persians blonde?

Cyrus

Banned
Reaction score
In another thread I posted this picture of Elamite and Persian immortal warriors in the palace of Darius the Great in Susa:

cc_susa.jpg

Look at the details of another Persian soldier:

r4o_blueeyes.jpg

Also look at Darius the Great himself on the famous ancient Greek Darius vase: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Darius_detail_on_the_Darius_vase.jpg

450px-Darius_detail_on_the_Darius_vase.jpg

In Turkey, there is a belief that real Kurds have fair hair. I have also read a novel of Irainian women teacher, who said that Kurds who escaped from Arab invasion have fair hair.

That's the yellow sandstone under it ������

Obviously, since it's the same shade as the stones which have lost their blue pigment.

Some people just won't give it up.

Look at pictures in an intermediate state of decay:

Portray_of_an_immortal_%284571323117%29.jpg
Exactly and if this person really truly was blonde, wouldn't the color of his hair be painted blonde all throughout? It's mostly dark brown....

There are some Central Asian blondes who descend from Iranic people, and according to the R1a page on this site, that haplogroup spread blond hair; the Aryan invaders who formed the country of Persia/Iran were R1a-Z93. Although I can't imagine it was that common, I would not rule it out. Probably more common in Bactria than Elam or Persia proper.

Exactly and if this person really truly was blonde, wouldn't the color of his hair be painted blonde all throughout? It's mostly dark brown....

There’s a piece of Mesopotamia in New Haven CT.
At the Yale University Art Gallery, and is FREE :)

(Other Exhibit: Egypt, Greece, Rome, ...)

I snapped these:

Lion of Ishtar Gate of Babylon

37JAOUB.jpg

Anunnaki “Those Who From Heaven To Earth Came" yep, Giorgio say so. :grin:
Check it out: notice the iWatch and the Man-Purse. LOL

9msZtyD.jpg

There’s a piece of Mesopotamia in New Haven CT.
At the Yale University Art Gallery, and is FREE :)

(Other Exhibit: Egypt, Greece, Rome, ...)

I snapped these:

Lion of Ishtar Gate of Babylon

37JAOUB.jpg

Anunnaki “Those Who From Heaven To Earth Came" yep, Giorgio say so. :grin:
Check it out: notice the iWatch and the Man-Purse. LOL

9msZtyD.jpg
Thanks, I would love to see this kind of art, and love the lion!

Thanks, I would love to see this kind of art, and love the lion!

Take a day trip, it's only an hour and a half or two by car from New York.
If you get lucky, by being exposed to so much culture, the Genius of Yale could rub-off on you too. :giggle:

https://artgallery.yale.edu/

markod said:
That's the yellow sandstone under it

It is possible but what is your explanation about modern Persians, especially in the rural areas, who have these physical appearances?

z2y_bakhtiari.jpg

Look at pictures in an intermediate state of decay:

Portray_of_an_immortal_%284571323117%29.jpg

You certainly don't believe that ancient Persians had black skins? It seems to be clear that it has been blackened after 2,500 years.

You certainly don't believe that ancient Persians had black skins? It seems to be clear that it has been blackened after 2,500 years.

Yes, I believe they were Africans.

Yes, I believe they were Africans.
Persians are the Parsi people who entered modern iran from central asia circa 1000BC..........everybody knows this history .........where do you get africans from?
They brought Zorastrian religion to iran when they migrated there...........zorastrian religion began with the tajik people, who persians also belong to
people of Persian heritage native specifically to present-day Afghanistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan are referred to as Tajiks,

It's ok Markod.

The heavy sarcasm was crystal clear. :)

Persians are the Parsi people who entered modern iran from central asia circa 1000BC..........everybody knows this history .........where do you get africans from?
They brought Zorastrian religion to iran when they migrated there...........zorastrian religion began with the tajik people, who persians also belong to
people of Persian heritage native specifically to present-day Afghanistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan are referred to as Tajiks,

Persianization of Tajiks and Afghans dates back to the Middle Ages, in the ancient times eastern Iranian people such as Sogdians and Bactrians lived in the Central Asia.
Zoroastrianism has nothing to with Persians, there is absolutely no mention of Persians in any Zoroastrian texts, the fact is that Persians just adopted Zoroastrian religion, Islam is not a Persian religion too, Persians adopted this religion too.

This thread has been viewed 17101 times.

Back