Do you eat the same meals everyday?

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Apparently a lot of people do...

"[FONT=&quot] One of the few existing surveys of people’s eating habits [/FONT]estimated[FONT=&quot] that about 17 percent of British people had eaten the same lunch every day for two years; another [/FONT]indicated[FONT=&quot] that a third of Brits ate the same lunch daily. But it’s hard to say for sure how common this really is, since these surveys tend to have been conducted [/FONT]by food purveyors[FONT=&quot], who might be inclined to exaggerate the ruts that diners are stuck in (and then try to sell them a way out). Still, loyalists who stick to a single meal for months or years—they are out there."

A lot of people seem to think it simplifies their lives, reduces stress, and makes keeping to a budget and health concerns easier.

I get that. I just couldn't do it.[/FONT]

I know of two cases. A Madrilenian who only ate beef steak. And a Romanian who only ate meat. Incredible but true.

^^Wow, someone who eats meat only must be easily amused. I'm not advocating veganism, but eating beef or pork is too much work for my teeth and jaw muscles. I prefer to minimize work as much as I can when I eat so the easier the food is to chew, the better

^^Wow, someone who eats meat only must be easily amused. I'm not advocating veganism, but eating beef or pork is too much work for my teeth and jaw muscles. I prefer to minimize work as much as I can when I eat so the easier the food is to chew, the better

Easy to chew balanced diet:

- McGriddles for breakfast
- Double Whopper meal for lunch
- Chalupas Supreme + crunchy and soft Taco combos for dinner.
Don't eat all at once, take it easy. :)

I feel guilty when I eat the same thing two days in a row (except breakfast), so I cannot believe some people have the same thing for lunch for two years! We really live on different planets! If they are going to buy sandwiches in chains like Prêt-à-manger, they might as well change every day, add some soup (they change regularly at Prêt-à-manger), or go to different chains and have pasta, sushi or Indian or whatever instead once in a while.

I feel guilty when I eat the same thing two days in a row (except breakfast), so I cannot believe some people have the same thing for lunch for two years! We really live on different planets! If they are going to buy sandwiches in chains like Prêt-à-manger, they might as well change every day, add some soup (they change regularly at Prêt-à-manger), or go to different chains and have pasta, sushi or Indian or whatever instead once in a while.

I think it must be people who make their own lunch and bring it to work. In the article one man has been eating peanut butter sandwiches for lunch for decades, for years without anything, then with jam, and now with sliced bananas.

As I said, I can't imagine it. I like too many different foods and my body seems to crave certain foods on certain days.

Breakfast is an exception for me too. I have no appetite upon waking, so I usually have just coffee and a bread of some kind: toast, or a slice of sweet bread. Occasionally I'll have yoghurt and fruit, or oatmeal and fruit.

I do know people who eat exactly the same thing every morning for breakfast. One of my friends eats Cheerios cereal every morning, and another, a guy, a bacon sandwich. It's what his mother gave him when he was going up.

I have a feeling that people who eat only certain set things just really must not like food very much. It's sort of just fuel.

I'm a vegan so I eat atleast beans, bread and oatmeal everyday but I'm gonna add a more variety of meals

I have no appetite in the morning but need a big breakfast else I'm useless. Either a huge bowl of oatmeal or scrambled eggs with lots of ketchup bc eggs without ketchup is like cake without icing...bland

No, if I do that on a daily basis there might be a chance that I will lose my appetite.

Oh my God, I would die in depression and boredom if I did that even for one week, let alone 2 years. Of course I often repeat the same basic ingredient (e.g. bread or some other pasta for dinner, rice and beans for lunch) for a few days, but the recipe and the "extra" ingredients MUST be varied otherwise I tend to become really annoyed and lose one of my foremost pleasures in life, which is eating. lol Here in Brazil the usual lunch has to have rice and beans, but the way they are prepared varies, and the "side dish" varies even more (i.e. meat, salad, sauce, sometimes pasta, vegetables). Breakfast is usually tapioca, bread, couscous (what usually varies is the filling that goes with them: egg, cheese, chicken, butter, Brazilian creamy cheese a.k.a requeijão​, etc.) and occasionally cake with coffee - or even only coffee, I have virtually no apetite as soon as I wake up. In dinner it's also pretty usual to have bread or pasta, but what goes with it is also diverse.

I couldn't bear otherwise. I don't see food as merely some existential need or some fuel for my body.

To clarify what I meant by "I feel guilty when I eat the same thing two days in a row", it is because:

1) Eating always the same food feels like a crime against the joy of eating (hence the guilt).
2) A diversified diet is the key to a good health.

Despite breakfast tending to revolve often around the same things, there is also ample room for diversification. Depending on the periods, I eat:

- crêpes (either salty with cheese, avocado and tomato, or sweet with fruits and/or jams)
- muesli or granola (many different kinds)
- oats porridge (ideally with blueberries, apples and honey, but sometimes with other fruits)
- rice porridge (ditto, or salty with poached eggs, sesame oil and spring onions)
- croissants and other pastries (on rare occasions though)
- multicereal bread (e.g. with Caprice des Dieux cheese and Belgian apple/pear syrup, or with some of the numerous sandwich fillings available in supermarkets like tuna salad or chicken curry)
- Italian biscuits (Mulino Bianco) dipped in coffee
- Poached eggs
- Greek yogurt with fresh fruits (bananas, mango, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples, grapes, etc.)
- English breakfast (scrambled eggs, fried bacon, beans in tomato sauce, sometimes also with a toast of marmalade and black tea).

The reason I said that breakfast is an exception is that I tend to go several days in a row with the same thing so as to finish the box of cereal, the bread, or the fresh fruits in the fridge before they go bad.

For breakfast I drink a glass of cafe like the photo of my avatar and some golden Maria Marbu cookies. This humble cookie has its birth and its name in a very noble event, since it was created by the English pastry chef Peek Freans, in London, in 1874 to commemorate the wedding of the Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia with Alfredo de Saxony-Coburg- Gotha, Duke of Edinburgh.

galleta_maria.gif

It became very popular in several countries in Europe, 4 particularly in Spain where, after the Civil War, the biscuit became a symbol of economic recovery because the bakeries mass produced, thanks to surplus wheat crops that cheapened its price.

They have the particularity that it can be wetted in hot milk without falling apart as easily as others, due to its low humidity (between 1% and 6%). They are low price and low relative cookies in fat and sugar.

If they are not these cookies I eat an oil cake, Inés Rosales or San Martín de Porres, they are very popular among the Andalusians.

original_tortaines3-598819-1.jpg

For breakfast I drink a glass of cafe like the photo of my avatar and some golden Maria Marbu cookies. This humble cookie has its birth and its name in a very noble event, since it was created by the English pastry chef Peek Freans, in London, in 1874 to commemorate the wedding of the Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia with Alfredo de Saxony-Coburg- Gotha, Duke of Edinburgh.

galleta_maria.gif

It became very popular in several countries in Europe, 4 particularly in Spain where, after the Civil War, the biscuit became a symbol of economic recovery because the bakeries mass produced, thanks to surplus wheat crops that cheapened its price.

They have the particularity that it can be wetted in hot milk without falling apart as easily as others, due to its low humidity (between 1% and 6%). They are low price and low relative cookies in fat and sugar.

If they are not these cookies I eat an oil cake, Inés Rosales or San Martín de Porres, they are very popular among the Andalusians.

original_tortaines3-598819-1.jpg

Wow how interesting, Maria cookies (biscoitos Maria or bolachas Maria in Portuguese) are very popular here in Brazil, there are many recipes (pies, puddings and so on) based on Maria cookies, and of course people enjoy a lot eating it with milk and/or coffee. I love them. I had read they were a British creation, but I thought they had "stuck" here in Brazil more than in Europe at least after so much time.

^^

Yes there are some very porous, I prefer the gilthead, it is more toasted.
This is the "rulo" loop that I learned from my grandmother.

proret.jpg

big_IMG_7789.JPG

This thread has been viewed 8861 times.

Back