Parent Branch: T-Z19939
Descendant branch(s): T-CTS8862

you are placed in the project
Gamma-1.1-Y T-CTS11984 Unmatched CTS8862 recommended

what do you have for CTS8862 ?

contact gareth , he will sort you out
[email protected]

Thanks for your reply, Salento.

I took a picture of my new haplotree from FTDNA but could not figure out how to post it here.

That would be great if CTS8862 was one of my SNPs. It would be significant progress on the migration of my paternal line. The fact that CTS8862 is shown in red and CTS8489 is shown as CTS8489+ still puzzles me, though.

you are placed in the project
Gamma-1.1-Y T-CTS11984 Unmatched CTS8862 recommended

what do you have for CTS8862 ?

contact gareth , he will sort you out
[email protected]

He said that CTS8862 is in Red
meaning that he was tested for CTS8862 and came out negative.

Is there any reason for testing again for CTS8862 ?

Thanks to all for your responses!

I appreciate the verification that CTS54 is also known as CTS11984 and CTS3767. As you can see, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around all of this.
Yes, CTS8862 is red in my haplotree....what is nagging at me is the CTS8489+ at the bottom of the tree in the "tests taken" listing.
I have not had any luck in reaching out to Gareth on the ydna "T" forum. I will give his e-mail a try. Thanks.

Salento, I might just go ahead and test again for CTS8862....probably not a bad idea.

I show CTS8489+ ....just as I show CTS11984+ and CTS3767+, for instance.
As opposed to the multitude of SNPs that have a minus sign after them.
All of these show in the "tests taken" list underneath my haplotree.

Hello Salento and zanipolo,

I heard back from Gareth earlier today:

"Hello Brian,

Thanks for getting in touch. CTS8489 and CTS8862 were both included in the SNP pack to maintain comparability with the older Geno 2.0 chip but until now they have been regarded as equivalent i.e. all T men tested either were positive for both or negative for both. You appear to be the first known example who has CTS8489+ and CTS8862-.
This is perfectly possible as the two SNPs are in different locations and almost certainly occurred several generations apart.
FTDNA's tree has a slightly different list of SNPs in this section and for some reason doesn't include CTS8489 (possibly this location is not covered by the Big Y test).
Further investigation is needed here to help bring the trees up to date."

Hello Salento and zanipolo,
I heard back from Gareth earlier today:
"Hello Brian,
Thanks for getting in touch. CTS8489 and CTS8862 were both included in the SNP pack to maintain comparability with the older Geno 2.0 chip but until now they have been regarded as equivalent i.e. all T men tested either were positive for both or negative for both. You appear to be the first known example who has CTS8489+ and CTS8862-.
This is perfectly possible as the two SNPs are in different locations and almost certainly occurred several generations apart.
FTDNA's tree has a slightly different list of SNPs in this section and for some reason doesn't include CTS8489 (possibly this location is not covered by the Big Y test).
Further investigation is needed here to help bring the trees up to date."
Gareth is very knowledgeable, ...........he runs the T and L projects................most likely because T and L where once one haplogroup
is your ancestor patrick in the T project?

zanipolo,
Yes, that is my Patrick Walsh (B23773)....born in Co. Carlow, Ireland.

Along with being negative for CTS8862....I am also "presumed negative" for CTS9984, BY28434, Z19944, Z19946, Z19953 and PH3117.

FTDNA now has my hg as CTS8489.....(and still negative for CTS8862).

T-cts3767

Hi my Name is Murat,
Im from Germany but my parents are from the black Sea region in Turkey. My grandpa came from ordu. I have also this haplogroup.
It's very rare and I think its etrusker who lived before the romans in north and Middle Italy.
Greets from Munich

QUOTE=BMW;570673]My name is Brian Walsh and I am new to Eupedia.
My Y-DNA haplogroup is T-M70 and I have Walsh 2nd cousins on 23andMe who were determined to be T-CTS3767 so I suspect I am, as well.
My Y-DNA111 from FTDNA shows that I have no matches from Wales and only two matches overall....one with the surname Welsh from Co. Westmeath, Ireland and one with the surname Walsh from Co. Waterford, Ireland. My Walsh family line is from Co. Carlow.
I am awaiting the results from the T-M184 SNP pack to see where that will take me.

Can anybody suggest a possible area of origin or reason for so few matches? Maybe a Non-Paternal Event?[/QUOTE]

Y-DNA T-CTS3767 most likely arrived with the first European farmers during the Neolithic period and is not exclusively related to the Etruscans (the Etruscans were an Iron Age civilisation), it could have been widespread in many civilisations between the Bronze and Iron Ages in Europe, whether they spoke Indo-European or Paleo-European languages. T-CTS3767 is widespread at low percentages throughout Europe, not only in southern Europe, but also in central and northern Europe.

Early European Farmers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_European_Farmers

T-CTS3767 on Y-Full

https://www.yfull.com/tree/T-CTS3767*/

This thread has been viewed 17425 times.

Back