Bronze Age Vucedol Culture R1b Z2103 / L23

Anyway, i think for Europeans with not known foreign ancestry, it's best to just use K13 and K15. The Gedrosia calculator just saying that i'm basically EEF and WHG in majority with a little bit of Steppe/CHG. But why is EEF represented with Natufian dont sound accurate.

Anyway, i think for Europeans with not known foreign ancestry, it's best to just use K13 and K15. The Gedrosia calculator just saying that i'm basically EEF and WHG in majority with a little bit of Steppe/CHG. But why is EEF represented with Natufian dont sound accurate.

Thanks by reply halfalp. Have a nice weekend:)
PS: You're right about the Gedrosia project of GEDmatch. See below:
[FONT=&quot]
GedrosiaDNA
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This project focuses primarily Eurasian (especially Indian and Asian) and ancient DNA. There is no website, but for further questions, please contact the creator at [/FONT][FONT=&quot][email protected][/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Last edited:
The J2b2 sample of Croatia_EMBA is a Coastal sample, wich somehow makes sense with the Maritime CHG introgression in BA Mediterranean Sea that start to showing up in recent papers. While the Vucedol Z2103 sample is far inland in the Pannonian Plain, wich matches a Steppe or beyond-Tisza origin. Why modern Albanians have so much J2b ( 20%? ) and where is it found in Albania? Coast, Mountains or everywhere? As why the J2b2 Croatia_EMBA have a lot of Steppe ancestry, is the biggest mistery.
The Ancient J2b2 sample is from the hinterlands, mountains near the coast.

J2b2 peaks in north Albanians(Ghegs), with frequencies varying between 20-30%. Some Albanian regions up there contain as much as 35%.

West Balkan South Slavics barely have any of it, I think Croats have 3-5% at most.

@Carlos
Gedrosia 6 4 pop. (don’t laugh, LOL)

WXTr7U8.jpg

Whether in one part, or divided into two, three or four parts, all parts will always be from South Italy. This is what I call ethnic purity. LOL.
Big hug dear friend Salento :)

The Ancient J2b2 sample is from the hinterlands, mountains near the coast.

J2b2 peaks in north Albanians(Ghegs), with frequencies varying between 20-30%. Some Albanian regions up there contain as much as 35%.

West Balkan South Slavics barely have any of it, I think Croats have 3-5% at most.

I rewatched the map, and yes it's in the other side of those coastal mounts. But i feel Coastal roads makes still more sense than any Continental road. Like, from North Caucasus to Sardinia by Lands? Funny thing, J2b both in North Caucasus and in Sardinia, seems linked with some Megalithic technology. As Caucasus Dolem_MBA and Sardinian Nuraghs. Or is the Caucasus sample not related with Dolmen_MBA?

Whether in one part, or divided into two, three or four parts, all parts will always be from South Italy. This is what I call ethnic purity. LOL.
Big hug dear friend Salento :)

As long as I’m not the one saying that about myself, I’m OK with it.
People might get the wrong idea.
Thanks. LOL

^^
I can not help it I laughed softly but with Duarte's I laughed out loud, but like some friends would laugh at a bar. It is true what you say that people are wrong when someone can say something and more on these issues.

^^
I can not help it I laughed softly but with Duarte's I laughed out loud, but like some friends would laugh at a bar. It is true what you say that people are wrong when someone can say something and more on these issues.

^^ LOL.
I understand what you two (Carlos and Salento) want to say. There is always the patrol of the politically corrects to distort an innocent speech made in a jokingly between friends. Many people fail to contextualize the situation in which a phrase was said. But I believe that this is not our problem, but of those who do not make an effort minimally to understand things at all. I always reply from the following way: "All of you need to pay attention in what was said and revise your concepts." LOL.
Kisses and Hugs dear friends :)

Being "pure" doesn't make much sense in this case as Carlos said and I didn't claim that Illyrians and Thracians were pure.

Obviously the very early Illyrians and Thracians were much closer to the "original" IEans and perhaps those original IEans had similar degrees of EEF and WHG admixture.

But compared to other modern populations, North Italians seem like one of the closest group.

It gives me the idea of a strip of land starting from the Pontian Steppe - Hallstatt - Alps - Catalonia, with the Pontian Steppes and Hallstatt peoples having been much heavily admixed while the area from North Italy to Catalonia changed much less.

What an absurd comment, of course North Italians have ancestry from the north, at least from France, indirectly from central Europe. If you agree that southern Italians have Middle Eastern ancestry which arrived via island hopping, why would the less challenging route (across central Europe and around the Alps) not have happened? Italian ancestry is clinal, with the northern half being far closer to central and west Europeans in character.

I'm not sure we can be too specific about Vucedol, as its DNA seems recently-mixed and diverse, both autosomally and in terms of its yDNA lineages. When it is so mixed, it is difficult to track where the bulk of its descendants might have ended up.

Its Z2103 sample I3499 looks atypical of Z2103, and more like a cross between Central European Bell Beaker and North Iberian; but I see no signs in it of Yamnayan descent, nor of it being ancestral to Bell Beaker. However, samples around it do look either Yamnayan or undiluted EEF.

Every R1b-M269 I have seen in the aDNA record can be modeled as partly Yamnayan. This is because an early split of CHG prior to the Maykop culture was absorbed on the steppe. On the other side of the coin, there was Iran_Neo ancestry which remained mostly local to the Middle East and Caucasus and was part of the island hopping that moved across the Mediterranean during the Bronze Age. You could see this split on the old Dodecad calculators when Caucasus type of ancestry split as "West Asian" and "Gedrosia", at least, they were labeled as such. Even French Basque can be modeled as having Gedrosian ancestry, which is of course related to Yamnaya. In terms of West Asian ancestry (aka Iran-Neo), it's practically nil.

Well, I'm more German South...Using 2 populations approximation:
1 50% German_South +50% German_South @ 3.739271

Using 3 populations approximation:
1 50% German_South +25% German_South +25% German_South @ 3.739271

Using 4 populations approximation:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 German_South + German_South + German_South + German_South @ 3.739271

What an absurd comment, of course North Italians have ancestry from the north, at least from France, indirectly from central Europe. If you agree that southern Italians have Middle Eastern ancestry which arrived via island hopping, why would the less challenging route (across central Europe and around the Alps) not have happened? Italian ancestry is clinal, with the northern half being far closer to central and west Europeans in character.
What exactly is the purpose of this stupid post? Do you even understand what is being discussed? Have you seen other charts where ancient and current populations are being compared and obviously they don't match that much because people move around?

This thread has been viewed 28102 times.

Back