Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Ethnic group
    Slavic, Celtic, Germanic, Hunnic

Rarest YDNA haplogroup L-M349 (L1b1) in Europe since Neolithic

I had my y-dna (37 markers) tested a while back and I ended up with L-M349 (L-FGC36845). I checked and compared my results with other L-members and noticed that my STRs strongly collide with Central European ones aka the '' Rhine-Danube-Volga '' cluster.
    What makes my results very interesting is that my DYS393 is 13, while literally everybody else has it as 12, or 11.

My origins are from Kosovo, Serbia. My ancestors migrated from Montenegro to Kosovo during 1800's.
    I've been in contact with serbian genetic site poreklo.rs and they've confirmed that there are many other serbian L-M349 in their database (very distant relatives of mine).
    Belonging to one of the rarest y-haplogroup on this planet is kind of frustrating in a sense that there's literally 0% data available about it. Before doing the y-dna test, I was thinking I'd get what other serbs in Montenegro have; I2a, E-V13, R1a since I come from a notable lineage. I guess my mission's now to gather as much data as possible concerning this haplogroup and gathering lots of money for more testings in the future.

How did it arrive in Balkan? Or since my DYS393 is 13, maybe it's even indigenous in Balkan. (No particular order) (+ works as a a supporting hypothesis and - works as opposing hypothesis)

1. 5th-6th century slavic migrations in Balkan.
    + I come from a notable lineage, known since medieval times.
    + Small presence among today's Serbia's population is highly due to L-M349 members being always in wars (Leader of Serbian Uprising in 1800's against Ottoman Empire belonged to this L-M349, add his family, his relatives, and their y-relatives, that's quite a sum.
    - Very, very small presence, like 1% of the whole populations. If it arrived with slavic migrations, you would think that it'd be at least 5-10% today due to founder effect.
    - Almost 0% among other slavic nations. Or maybe those L-M349 slavs have not been tested yet.

2. Christian Crusades between 1096 and 1291
    + concentrates mostly among central europeans, but still in low frequencies.
    + Hungary's prominent military leader Wenzel von Wasserburg / Vecelin from 900's. Also belonged to this L-M349 and so did all of his y-relatives and their descendants.
    + Most STRs are very, very matching with Central European samples.
    - Balkan DYS393 is 13 while everybody else's in Central Europe is 12

3. Invitation of Prince Lazar and Kosovo Polje 1389. Serbs and their allies against Ottomans.
    + Sounds logical, lol.

4. Indigenous
    + DYS393 = 13
    - very difficult to link it to any ancient people
    - very limited

---- Only realistic, supportive/opposing, ideas, comments and thoughts please ----

Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Ethnic group
    Bulgarian

Cheers!

Have you tested another branch of your family/lineage? It would be interesting to see how their results compare to yours.

Regular Member Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelZeković View Post
    I had my y-dna (37 markers) tested a while back and I ended up with L-M349 (L-FGC36845). I checked and compared my results with other L-members and noticed that my STRs strongly collide with Central European ones aka the '' Rhine-Danube-Volga '' cluster.
    What makes my results very interesting is that my DYS393 is 13, while literally everybody else has it as 12, or 11.
    My origins are from Kosovo, Serbia. My ancestors migrated from Montenegro to Kosovo during 1800's.
    I've been in contact with serbian genetic site poreklo.rs and they've confirmed that there are many other serbian L-M349 in their database (very distant relatives of mine).
    Belonging to one of the rarest y-haplogroup on this planet is kind of frustrating in a sense that there's literally 0% data available about it. Before doing the y-dna test, I was thinking I'd get what other serbs in Montenegro have; I2a, E-V13, R1a since I come from a notable lineage. I guess my mission's now to gather as much data as possible concerning this haplogroup and gathering lots of money for more testings in the future.
    How did it arrive in Balkan? Or since my DYS393 is 13, maybe it's even indigenous in Balkan. (No particular order) (+ works as a a supporting hypothesis and - works as opposing hypothesis)
    1. 5th-6th century slavic migrations in Balkan.
    + I come from a notable lineage, known since medieval times.
    + Small presence among today's Serbia's population is highly due to L-M349 members being always in wars (Leader of Serbian Uprising in 1800's against Ottoman Empire belonged to this L-M349, add his family, his relatives, and their y-relatives, that's quite a sum.
    - Very, very small presence, like 1% of the whole populations. If it arrived with slavic migrations, you would think that it'd be at least 5-10% today due to founder effect.
    - Almost 0% among other slavic nations. Or maybe those L-M349 slavs have not been tested yet.
    2. Christian Crusades between 1096 and 1291
    + concentrates mostly among central europeans, but still in low frequencies.
    + Hungary's prominent military leader Wenzel von Wasserburg / Vecelin from 900's. Also belonged to this L-M349 and so did all of his y-relatives and their descendants.
    + Most STRs are very, very matching with Central European samples.
    - Balkan DYS393 is 13 while everybody else's in Central Europe is 12
    3. Invitation of Prince Lazar and Kosovo Polje 1389. Serbs and their allies against Ottomans.
    + Sounds logical, lol.
    4. Indigenous
    + DYS393 = 13
    - very difficult to link it to any ancient people
    - very limited
    ---- Only realistic, supportive/opposing, ideas, comments and thoughts please ----
    have you ever contacted Gareth henson ..........he runs the L haplogroup project
    or
    read
    L-M349 (L1b1a) Kenézy Ancestral Journey
    Uploaded by Gábor Balogh
    L-M349 (L1b1a) Kenézy Ancestral JourneyFull description

nearly 3% of this marker is found in the italian and austrian alps
    or
    origins of L which came out of Haplogroup LT
    https://genlinginterface.com/wp-cont...and-T-M184.pdf
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.