Eurogenes Similarity rate with different ancient genomes

^^

0`01 Spain

Less is more at any time that Iberian 0'01 can seize you

It’s all relative. :)

Those were the most Recent Ancestors.

Further-back in time I get more substantial Iberia.

(The more tests I take, the more confused I get) LOL

BbvCbYj.jpg

^^

Within us is all the information, perhaps at a subcosm level. When something does not fit too much the subconscious mind somehow tells us in their own way so we feel confused, I think it is a good indication that in this or that aspect something fails. Pay attention to the messages and clues that your own subconscious sends you are clues and rough messages that may seem to still create more confusion. Ask your subconscious to show you the way or what you want to know clearly and it will happen, maybe not immediately, but it will come. By the way, does the aserejé still sound in your car?

*I'll see your answer to the night now I go to the field to catch snails I love in tomato sauce.

I haven’t met my subconscious yet, and I don't think it wants to meet me. I’ll try.

Aserejé still lives in my car :petrified:

Salento,

It's telling you what you already know. As far as modern populations go, you're Southern Italian.

The further back you go in time the muddier it will get.

Salento,

It's telling you what you already know. As far as modern populations go, you're Southern Italian.

The further back you go in time the muddier it will get.

Thanks Angela, :)

ngX2ZVr.jpg

I agree with Angela there seems to be a Lusitanian/Celtiberian - Celto-Ligurian connection.
I thought I'd get more Roman, and more Basque.
Equal distances from : Baleares, Normandy, Lombardy. - Madrid, Innsbruck, Antwerpen. - Aragon, Brittany, Friuli. - Romagna, England, Wales. - Rome, Copenhagen, Orkneys.
Never felt so distinctly European!
The map is nice, but far from being perfect. I don't believe you're closer to Greeks, Romanians or Scandinavians genetically than to Basques. Problem is that Basques, being somewhat drifted, get lots of Basque in K36, while most of others don't. It's like that AHG who gets very few West Med % at K36, translated in low similarity with Sardinians. As we know, the closest modern pop to Early Farmers are the Sardinians, according to both f-statistics and admixture. So the similarity map may be somewhat misleading in some cases.

The map is nice, but far from being perfect. I don't believe you're closer to Greeks, Romanians or Scandinavians genetically than to Basques. Problem is that Basques, being somewhat drifted, get lots of Basque in K36, while most of others don't. It's like that AHG who gets very few West Med % at K36, translated in low similarity with Sardinians. As we know, the closest modern pop to Early Farmers are the Sardinians, according to both f-statistics and admixture. So the similarity map may be somewhat misleading in some cases.

I agree. I think the results we get from those calculators begin to make some sense only after we have had a very close look at the spreadsheets, when available.

I have tested with two labs, and uploaded my results to a number of sites. At the end of the day, it's hard to decide what clear conclusions to draw, because "nobody seems to agree with nobody". FTDNA and MyHeritage have me 60% British Isles (!), when 23andMe gives me 49% "French and German". My "Italian" ranges from 3% to 26% depending on the calculator.

But, well... it's fun anyway!

That said, to K36's credit, it has me right on spot geographically.

gen3553.pagesperso-orange.fr_ADN_similitudebis.jpeg

Almost when I had finished the map I realized that I had covered the numbers, I did what I could to remedy it, but I was not willing to start over, I prefer free art.

Something funny happened to me when I painted. From Spain to Central Europe center easily without problems but when you get to the color yellow with green you had the feeling of avoiding an encounter with someone it created me even a great nervousness at the height of Macedonia-Bulgaria-Rumania.

Last edited:
I agree. I think the results we get from those calculators begin to make some sense only after we have had a very close look at the spreadsheets, when available.
I have tested with two labs, and uploaded my results to a number of sites. At the end of the day, it's hard to decide what clear conclusions to draw, because "nobody seems to agree with nobody". FTDNA and MyHeritage have me 60% British Isles (!), when 23andMe gives me 49% "French and German". My "Italian" ranges from 3% to 26% depending on the calculator.
But, well... it's fun anyway!
That said, to K36's credit, it has me right on spot geographically.
Particularly, I would trust more in 23andMe, but I guess others must add clues occasionally.

Yeah, I agree. The map is fun, and it has its credit in accuracy, simplicity and representation. Indeed, high numbers tend to be more realistic, apparently, even so there must be some margin also here. Btw, they also put me correctly in North Italy. As I said before, it looks like an Oracle, a good one, and the big number of K36 clusters, not much informative in isolation, seems the "ace up its sleeve" .

Does anyone know the gedmatch kit number of Bavaria STR 300?

This thread has been viewed 52087 times.

Back