Mytrueancestry.com

MTA will soon present in society DA65

I would also like you to make an introduction to BUR002

Yes, that can be also a scenario
btw .....SNP Tracker added our SNP ....
for SNP Tracker our new SNP is about 1600 years old ... much younger ...

3A96e7k.jpg

for SNP Tracker our new SNP is about 1600 years old ... much younger ...

3A96e7k.jpg

thanks...............where you get your map from...mine is different ...my version is 3/april/2020

thanks...............where you get your map from...mine is different ...my version is 3/april/2020

You posted the Default Map, ... to view the Full Path you need to Change the Settings:

... click on the last menu tab (top right), an then UNCHECK the “Smooth Path” option.

qvwxvps.jpg

N8cSrFT.jpg

You posted the Default Map, ... to view the Full Path you need to Change the Settings:

... click on the last menu tab (top right), an then UNCHECK the “Smooth Path” option.

qvwxvps.jpg

N8cSrFT.jpg

without the smooth path , it is better, especially all my other family markers

The long shared segments of centimorgans with the people in my deep dive results were bugging me, so I sent an email to the MTA team -

HiLooking at my "deep dive" results, I am confused by the amount of dna I share with ancient people, particularly:

SSG-A4, Viking Gaelic mix, Iceland, 935 AD - Longest segment - 50.38Cm

SGG-A2, Danish Gaelic mix, 935 AD - Longest segment - 17.43Cm

And Cheddar man, Somerset, England, 7150 AD - Longest segment - 16.32Cm

How is this possible, with people who lived so long ago?

Regards, Chrissie.

And received a response the same day -

Simple, a centimorgan is a unit of measurement not intended for ancient people - it is literally defined as a way of comparing 2 people from the similar generations to find recombinant DNA. In fact Centimograns are defined in a very vague way and differ among each testing company in the way they are computed - effectively by taking the SNP length shared and multiplying by a linear factor based on the chromosome. This is why we focus on SNP chain lengths and not centimorgans. SNP length meanwhile is a way of checking how many DNA markers in a row you share with an ancient person with the same exact allele pairs. To share say 100 SNPs in a row with someone means you share the exact same genetic markers (SNPs) with the same exact alleles (A, T, G, C) for 100 values in a row. Mathematically it is incredibly improbable to randomly share such a length - the longer the length the stronger the bond with the sample.

You can do the exact same comparisons on Gedmatch as well if you want - set the minimum SNP length to say 60, and the minimum cM length to say 2 cM, and this enables finding genetic matches to ancient samples. If you set the default of 1500 SNPs and 7 cM, you will not find any cM matches - this is because the definition of cM is really "configurable" and fit for purpose.

Hope this clarifies!

- The MTA Team

How nice of them to take the time to reply, and so quickly.

@Mitty Thank You :)

SZ1 Tops everyone else SNPs chain for now, by a lot:

rQgohBs.jpg

BWkYsDd.jpg

gMeszTh.jpg

1odekZj.jpg

PB6a81r.jpg

... got many more too :)

:unsure: I’m a Roman / Hellenic Roman,
any “Labeled” Gallo Roman in me (if any), is ancient common European Ancestry ... imho ... so pay no attention to it.

Last edited:
@Mitty Thank You :)

SZ1 Tops everyone else SNPs chain for now, by a lot:

rQgohBs.jpg

BWkYsDd.jpg

gMeszTh.jpg

1odekZj.jpg

PB6a81r.jpg

... got many more too :)

:unsure: I’m a Roman / Hellenic Roman,
any “Labeled” Gallo Roman in me (if any), is ancient common European Ancestry ... imho ... so pay no attention to it.

Very useful information @mitty, thank you.

aVdGMBT.png
@Salento SZ1 is kindred of SZ12 SZ24 SZ22 SZ13 SZ7 SZ8 SZ14 SZ6 SZ15 SZ19

Very useful information @mitty, thank you.

aVdGMBT.png
@Salento SZ1 is kindred of SZ12 SZ24 SZ22 SZ13 SZ7 SZ8 SZ14 SZ6 SZ15 SZ19

Szolad speaking :)

generally I'm between SZ40 and SZ36,

SZ1 is kind of a Base sample, maybe that's why it has a longer SNPs chain in common with some individuals like me, even though we're different.

yIwgLH0.jpg

k6JWVYI.jpg

Szolad speaking :)

generally I'm between SZ40 and SZ36,

SZ1 is kind of a Base sample, maybe that's why it has a longer SNPs chain in common with some individuals like me, even though we're different.

yIwgLH0.jpg

k6JWVYI.jpg

it says SZ1 is closest to

Gallo-Roman + Gepid (8.164)
Gepid + Illyrian (10.3)
Thuringii + Gallo-Roman (11.14)

Gepids = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gepids

The Gepids (Latin: Gepidae, Gipedae) were an East Germanic tribe who lived in the area of modern Romania, Hungary and Serbia, roughly between the Tisza, Sava and Carpathian mountains. They were closely related to, or a subdivision of, the Goths.

Relata refero

(this is the correspondence between the group administrator of Facebook MTA users group and the MTA staff) :indifferent:

93576567_2594483337537427_1842315299517366272_n.png

93687069_350596852567947_6993400947774849024_n.png
I am still amazed and perplexed how you can have so many cM in common with somebody that lived so long ago. I mean this is 2nd-3rd cousin type closeness.

I am still amazed and perplexed how you can have so many cM in common with somebody that lived so long ago. I mean this is 2nd-3rd cousin type closeness.

Hello @ biganake49. @mitty questioned the MTA team and got the answer below. If this is a satisfactory answer or not, I would not know to say it, but it is the description of how they interpret the issue of distances in relation to ancient samples.

Cheers :)

The long shared segments of centimorgans with the people in my deep dive results were bugging me, so I sent an email to the MTA team -

HiLooking at my "deep dive" results, I am confused by the amount of dna I share with ancient people, particularly:

SSG-A4, Viking Gaelic mix, Iceland, 935 AD - Longest segment - 50.38Cm

SGG-A2, Danish Gaelic mix, 935 AD - Longest segment - 17.43Cm

And Cheddar man, Somerset, England, 7150 AD - Longest segment - 16.32Cm

How is this possible, with people who lived so long ago?

Regards, Chrissie.

And received a response the same day -

Simple, a centimorgan is a unit of measurement not intended for ancient people - it is literally defined as a way of comparing 2 people from the similar generations to find recombinant DNA. In fact Centimograns are defined in a very vague way and differ among each testing company in the way they are computed - effectively by taking the SNP length shared and multiplying by a linear factor based on the chromosome. This is why we focus on SNP chain lengths and not centimorgans. SNP length meanwhile is a way of checking how many DNA markers in a row you share with an ancient person with the same exact allele pairs. To share say 100 SNPs in a row with someone means you share the exact same genetic markers (SNPs) with the same exact alleles (A, T, G, C) for 100 values in a row. Mathematically it is incredibly improbable to randomly share such a length - the longer the length the stronger the bond with the sample.

You can do the exact same comparisons on Gedmatch as well if you want - set the minimum SNP length to say 60, and the minimum cM length to say 2 cM, and this enables finding genetic matches to ancient samples. If you set the default of 1500 SNPs and 7 cM, you will not find any cM matches - this is because the definition of cM is really "configurable" and fit for purpose.

Hope this clarifies!

- The MTA Team

How nice of them to take the time to reply, and so quickly.

... Bella Figura transcend the Timeline :)

DvsaE7b.jpg

M186R5k.jpg

hKcKQdw.jpg

Nzi5T0C.jpg

oE2kZPS.jpg

SZ1 and others, ...

New: SNP chains - no cM

phRdo4z.jpg

Old: SNP chains + cM

yIwgLH0.jpg

SZ1 and others, ...

New: SNP chains - no cM

phRdo4z.jpg

Old: SNP chains + cM

yIwgLH0.jpg

cM is back, :giggle:

Top ... Largest chain: 811 SNPs / 79.63 cM ...

OIDwfH7.jpg

Duarte: Thanks for sharing the responses BigSnake49 and Mitty received from MTA. I have an account over there and this information really helps me understand what is going on with my Ancient matches.

Cheers, hope all is well in your part of the World

Duarte: Thanks for sharing the responses BigSnake49 and Mitty received from MTA. I have an account over there and this information really helps me understand what is going on with my Ancient matches.

Cheers, hope all is well in your part of the World

Thank you very much Trapani.
Here in my part of the world the things are very complicated but my family and I are doing well and, with faith in God, we will continue like this.
I wish all of good for you and whole family and friends. Cheers. (y):)

My own results: - sorry but I can't sent the picture.
scythians: 18,6
avars: 10,8
franks: 6,63
sarmatians: 6,45
vikings-danish: 6,13
proto-hungarians: 5.86
celts: 5,83
vikings-swedish: 5,53
baltic tribes: 4,19
ostrogoths: 4,08
kievan rus: 3,82
gauls: 3,7
early slavs: 3,61
saxons: 3,21
visigoths: 2,86
boii: 2,63
gallo-romans: 1,89
thuringii: 1,56
illyrians: 1,33
vikings-icelandic: 1,12

my mother's results:

baltic tribes: 15,5
scythians: 14,5
avars: 14,2
viking-swedish: 6,45
kievan rus: 6,27
proto-hungarians: 5,59
viking-danish: 5,17
early slavs: 5,03
franks: 5,02
sarmatians: 4,28
ostrogoths: 3,64
gauls: 2,66
celts: 2,25
boii: 2,17
saxons: 1,73
visigoths: 1,48
thuringii: 1,27
byzantine empire: 0,96
longobards: 0,78
oeselians: 0,76

My mother' brother's results:

scythians: 16,1
avars: 15,5
baltic tribes: 9,12
kievan rus: 8,86
viking-swedish: 8,09
sarmatians: 6,96
vikings danish: 5,06
proto-hungarians: 4,23
franks: 4,02
early slavs: 3,58
ostrogoths: 3,54
visigoths: 2,47
gauls: 2,27
celts: 2,23
saxons: 1,66
longobards: 1,61
boii: 1,51
thuringii: 1,17
oeselians: 0,93
vikings-icelandic: 0,92

my father's sister's results:

scythians: 26,7
sarmatians: 13,6
vikings-swedish: 10,1
avars: 6,79
franks: 5,82
vikings-danish: 5,71
celts: 5,15
longobards: 4,59
saxons: 3,81
visigoths: 3,34
kievan rus: 3,24
ostrogoths: 3,07
gauls: 2,2
proto-hungarians: 1,46
vikings icelandic: 1,21
thuringii: 1,18
viking-norwegian: 0,96
oeselians: 0,56
huns: 0,15
baltic tribes: 0,08

my paternal grandfather's brother's results:

scythians: 16,8
avars: 10,3
sarmatians: 8,78
vikings-swedish: 8,51
vikings danish: 7,9
franks: 7,21
proto-hungarians: 5,74
celts: 5,5
kievan rus: 4,64
ostrogoths: 3,77
gauls: 3,55
visigoths: 3,22
early slavs: 3,21
saxons: 2,16
thuringii: 1,88
longobards: 1,87
boii: 1,85
vikings-icelandic: 1,17
gepids: 1,1
oeselians: 0,62

my wife's results: (we haven't any common ancestor in the last 250 years, but in deeper time God knows.)

scythians: 19,2
avars: 9,45
vikings swedish: 9,42
franks: 8,73
vikings danish: 7,01
proto-hungarians: 5,24
gauls: 4,68
ostrogoths: 4,54
saxons: 4,35
visigoths: 3,96
celts: 3,92
kievan rus: 3,89
sarmatians: 2,45
boii: 2,37
gallo-romans: 2,23
longobards: 2,15
thuringii: 2,07
early slavs: 1,64
illyrians: 1,32
romans: 1,26

one of my far relative's results (our last common ancestor born: 1799)

scythians: 22,3
avars: 11,1
sarmatians: 10,6
kievan rus: 6,8
vikings swedish: 6,56
franks: 6,45
proto-hungarians: 5,23
vikings-danish: 5,15
ostrogoths: 3,58
gauls: 3,57
visigoths: 3,21
baltic tribes: 2,84
celts: 2,42
early slavs: 1,88
boii: 1,65
saxons: 1,63
longobards: 1,56
thuringii: 1,56
gepids: 0,99
oeselians: 0,79

We and all of our known ancestors (from 1660-1810 in different lines) lived in northeast Hungary and all of them was ethnic hungarian (at least as we know)

Conclusions:

1.) we have a very strong link to the ancient iron age east european (2750-2000 ybp) scythian tribes.
2.) In here is exist a genetic continuity has been continuous since the early eastern celts of the iron age (here lived the anartii tribe 2300 years ago) (gaul, celt, boii results) and their contemporaries, the illyrians (pannonians). The thracian and dacian (and all balkanic) heredity is completely missing. We haven't connection with this peoples.
3.) This continuity continued the sarmatians (jazigs) and later the german tribes (goths, gepids, longobards, thuringii) We haven't mediterranean heredity, just a little roman and gallo-roman.
4.) The hun connection is very week (only in my father's sister's results, just in low numbers)
5.) We have a strong link to the avars.
6.) We are all the descendants of the conquering hungarians (11,6-28,2 in different samples in the medieval age), but the conquerors must were fewer than those found locally people. (the avar connection is stronger than the hungarian). Question: the hungarian language is came from the conquerors or this was the language of the late avar population?)
7.) We have not too strong slavic genetic link (early-slavs and kievan rus) from the avar age or with the conquerors. Balti tribes and oeselians maybe slavic or scandinavian link?
8.) We have a very-very strong genetic link to all Scandinavia. Mostly swedish and danish. How? I think with the conquering hungarian tribes and in the Árpád's Age arrived many 'rus' and varangian. We haven't any connection with the modern germans.

What do you thiunk?

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 1253392 times.

Back