MyTrueAncestry Mytrueancestry.com

@Palermo Trapani

Andalusia always there with the Italians

Ok, thanks for that information. One of the great things about this forum is meeting people from various places around the world and learning new information.

Torzio: I remember from the forums earlier this year on Antonio/Moots et al 2019 and the paper itself (p. 710) that R475 was described as an Etruscan. So reading your post #2437, R850 and R851 should also be described as Etruscans. Interesting. I am going to quickly go back and look at Dodecad 12B distances vs those 3 to see how I measure relative to these Etruscan individuals.

Torzio: I remember from the forums earlier this year on Antonio/Moots et al 2019 and the paper itself (p. 710) that R475 was described as an Etruscan. So reading your post #2437, R850 and R851 should also be described as Etruscans. Interesting. I am going to quickly go back and look at Dodecad 12B distances vs those 3 to see how I measure relative to these Etruscan individuals.

I agree that R850 from Ardea should be etruscan, as Ardea was the Rutuli people, who are etruscans living in Lazio

not sure about R475
this below puts the marker next to sythian moldova and beyond that, the hungarians
https://web.stanford.edu/group/pritchardlab/publications/Antonio19.pdf

I agree that R850 from Ardea should be etruscan, as Ardea was the Rutuli people, who are etruscans living in Lazio

not sure about R475
this below puts the marker next to sythian moldova and beyond that, the hungarians

Torzio: Thanks for the link, on page 708 of the paper, the Etruscan sample Size is N=3, so there are 3 of those ancient Samples that the authors are defining as Etruscans. The text states R475 is an "An Etruscan Individual. R850 is discussed just above the discussion of R475, whith no reference to Etruscan, and I don't see any discussion of R851. But it is clear there are 3 of those samples defined or labelled as Etruscans and I am glad you provided some information to help decipher who are the 3 Estruscans are as it is not clearly stated in the paper

In the Supplement, R473, R474 and R475 are maybe what the authors are considering Etruscans. But maybe it should be 4-5 Etruscans, R473, R474, R475, R850 and possibly R851.

not sure about R475

Not probably the place to post Dodecad 12B distances but among R850, R851, R473, R474, and R475, R850 is my closest distance at 13.23 Dodecad 12b, Eurogenes K13 is 12.1. So I hope this guy is an Etruscan, not too bad for a sample 2,500 years or so ago. I went back to MTA and the distance for R850 is 12.1 consistent with the 2 calculator results above and I share 5.97 CM of DNA with R850 so thanks for the information about R850 as an Etruscan. I need to do some research on the Ardea area of Lazio.

my new one

only move the bar up to 1BC

1600 BC - 1 BC (8 samples)

j7rL80v.jpg

1600 BC - 1 BC (8 samples)

j7rL80v.jpg

some differences between us
you have ancient latins and a Greek .......and I do not have these ...................i have ancient north balkan people

also ....yours are all yellow bars ............I have at least a "100% confirmed blue bar "

The new map designs are really cool. Here are three maps showing my ancestral results. In terms of graphics, MTA is unbeatable so far.

Ytpr7v5.png

Ew18xeQ.png

IrlEW2m.png

Duarte: You and Carlos have some really, really, really, neat maps. Oh, did I say "really" Neat, just making sure(y)

Not probably the place to post Dodecad 12B distances but among R850, R851, R473, R474, and R475, R850 is my closest distance at 13.23 Dodecad 12b, Eurogenes K13 is 12.1. So I hope this guy is an Etruscan, not too bad for a sample 2,500 years or so ago. I went back to MTA and the distance for R850 is 12.1 consistent with the 2 calculator results above and I share 5.97 CM of DNA with R850 so thanks for the information about R850 as an Etruscan. I need to do some research on the Ardea area of Lazio.

TARQUINIUS SUPERBUS succeeded to the throne (534-510). He was energetic in war, and conquered many neighboring places, among which was Ardea, a city of the Rutuli. He finished the temple of Jupiter, begun by his father. He also obtained the SIBYLLINE BOOKS. A woman from Cumae, a Greek colony, came to him, and offered for sale nine books of oracles and prophecies; but the price seemed exorbitant, and he refused to purchase them. The sibyl then burned three, and, returning, asked the same price for the remaining six. The king again refused. She burned three more, and obtained from the monarch for her last three the original price. These books were preserved in the Capitol, and held in great respect. They were destroyed with the temple by fire, on July 6, 83. Two men had charge of them, who were called duoviri sacrórum. The worship of the Greek deities, Apollo and Latóna, among others, was introduced through these books.
In 510 a conspiracy* was formed against Tarquin by BRUTUS, COLLATÍNUS, and others, and the gates of the city were closed against him.

[*Note: The cause of the conspiracy was the violence offered by Sextus, Tarquin's son, to Lucretia, wife of Collatínus. Unable to bear the humiliation, she killed herself in the presence of her family, having first appealed to them to avenge her wrongs.]

A Republic was then formed, with two Consuls at the head of the government.
Tarquin made three attempts* to recover his power at Rome, all unsuccessful.

[*Note: The victory of Lake Regillus, which has been painted by Macaulay in glowing colors, was gained over Tarquin in 509.]

In the last attempt (508), he was assisted by PORSENA, king of the Etruscans. They advanced against the city from the north. HORATIUS COCLES, a brave young man, alone defended the bridge (pans sublicius) over the Tiber until it was torn down behind him. He then swam the river in safety to his friends.
During the siege of the city, QUINTUS MUCIUS SCAEVOLA, a courageous youth, stole into the camp of the enemy with the intention of killing King Porsena, but by mistake killed his secretary instead. He was seized and carried to Porsena, who tried to frighten him by threats of burning. Instead of replying, Scaevola held his right hand on the burning altar until it was consumed. The king, admiring this heroic act, pardoned him. Out of gratitude, Scaevola told the king that three hundred other men as brave as himself had sworn to kill him. Porsena was so alarmed, that he made peace, and withdrew from the city. Mucius received his name Scaevola (left-handed) on account of this loss of his right hand.
Tarquin went to Tusculum, where he spent the rest of his days in retirement.
In 494 the plebeians at Rome rebelled, because they were exhausted by taxes and military service. A large part of them left the city, and crossed the Anio to a mountain (Mons Sacer) near by. The Senate sent MENENIUS AGRIPPA to treat with them. By his exertions* the people were induced to return to the city, and for the first time were allowed to have officers chosen from their own ranks to represent their interests. These officers were called Tribúni Plebis.

[*Note: Menenius is said to have related for them the famous fable of the belly and members.]

Two years later (492) Gaius Marcius, one of the patricians, met and defeated the Volsci, a neighboring tribe, at CORIOLI. For this he received the name of CORIOLÁNUS. During a famine, he advised that grain should not be distributed to the plebeians unless they relinquished their right to choose the Tribúni Plebis. For this he was banished. Having obtained command of a Volscian army, he marched against Rome, and came within five miles of the city. Here he was met by a deputation of his own citizens, who begged him to spare the city. He refused; but, when his wife and mother added their tears, he was induced to withdraw the army. He was afterwards killed by the Volscians as a traitor.

and

https://digitalcommons.conncoll.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1003&context=classicshp

Last edited:
some differences between us
you have ancient latins and a Greek .......and I do not have these ...................i have ancient north balkan people

also ....yours are all yellow bars ............I have at least a "100% confirmed blue bar "

the yellow bars have a chromosome relation, ... notice the cM ... :)

off topic

this new avatar looks like he is part of the cleaning crew. ... he’s holding a broom. lol

FjaZYxV.jpg

off topic

this new avatar looks like he is part of the cleaning crew. ... he’s holding a broom. lol

FjaZYxV.jpg

Lol. Is he a crusader? If he is, so his mission was to 'cleanse' Jeruralen of the enemies of Rome's Church. :unsure::grin:

Lol. Is he a crusader? If he is, so his mission was to 'cleanse' Jeruralen of the enemies of Rome's Church. :unsure::grin:

Well let's say I agree with one of your Icons, probably not going to win friends of the modern Secular Left in the USA given the one I agree with:grin:

yes @Duarte - its a Crusader :)

The Pandemic is a good time to Repent, ... maybe I was wrong and Hell is real :innocent:

Timelapse Map GIF

HtINKnS.gif

.... 2 Iron Age and 2 Medieval Age

yes @Duarte - its a Crusader :)

The Pandemic is a good time to Repent, ... maybe I was wrong and Hell is real :innocent:

Timelapse Map GIF

HtINKnS.gif

.... 2 Iron Age and 2 Medieval Age

Cool Avatar (y):)

Thanks, ... got it from the MTA img.
I like to think he’s SI53 :)

Yes, so cool. I was pleased to obtain these coordinates for the Vahaduo Dodecad K12b. It was a pleasant surprise when we found out, due to the fact that he is a small distance from you, that the crusader is from Apulia. He is a very close ancient cousin of you.

This thread has been viewed 1265286 times.

Back