Top 60 MTA ancient samples - New list.
Inside (new):
22. Iron Age Catalan (600 BC) (14.59) - I4556
out:
60. Italy Bell Beaker (2000 BC) (21.0)
The last ancient sample of Top 60 list now is:
60. Visigoth Germanic Girona (550 AD) (20.99) - I12162

WLPLjW4.png

I do not disagree with your reasoning, Angela. You always bring reason and balance when it seems that a particular theme on a thread is drifting off course. You always bring the shock of reality that, in my understanding, is very important. In fact, as you pointed, small distances mean close proximity. From 1 to 4 my matches have distances less than 10, and these matches seems logical to me, and from 5 to 17, my matches have distances less than 13. Except for matches with Dalmatian Illyrians (2x), Scythians from Moldova (2x) and Thracians from Bulgaria (1x), which seems to me very strange, - all these last three inferiors to distance of 13 and superiors to distance of 10, the other matches, even the superior ones to the distance of 13, seems logical to me. I believe that, in fact, matches with great distances have a great bias of inaccuracy, but can count as a reference to be considered, in the absence of closer samples. In this respect, those with northern parentage benefit from a higher number of samples that also have a better level of quality due to the preservation of DNA because of the colder climate. It is visible that all those with North-European ancestry have distances that are less than 13 until the proximity of the sample of number 60.
Thanks and a big hug :)

I think that northern Europeans have more matches that are "close" in genetic distance partly because of, as you say the better "quality" of the ancient samples due to the climate, but also because they have been subject to less migration since the Bronze Age.

I also want to thank you for the kind words. Coming from someone I respect they mean a great deal.

ciPb3s1.png

Here is a PCA I made using my first 15 matches. However, I am missing MA2208, I couldn't find the Gedmatch kit for it anywhere. Some of them seem off, like SZ19. But I triple-checked to see if it was correctly done. That one is supposed to cluster near CL30, CL25, and CL38:

eOhr0dz.png

Last edited:
[h=3]My new numbers ( under 10.0 ) below, where do I get the gedmatch numbers for the ancient samples so I can place them on the K15 map

Your closest Archaeogenetic matches...[/h][h=6](Smaller numbers mean closer matches to you)[/h]
1. Gallo-Roman (590 AD) (7.349) SZ28
2. Medieval Iberian (670 AD) (8.469) CL23
3. Illyrian / Dalmatian (1200 BC) (8.971) I3313
4. Central Roman (590 AD) (9.665) SZ36
5. Central Roman (670 AD) (9.851) CL36

Excellent new feature allows you to adjust the samples being shown. I put it for 10 of the best samples for goodness of fit.

AGiijHa.jpg

xlkPcRo.jpg

This will be useful for weeding out samples that only have distant relationships with common source populations.

mytrueancestry.com_c_main10SAMPLES.jpg

Yes, is cool. I have been criticized for spending money on these things but I do not care, I am not responsible for the hunger in the world and I imagine that the creators also needed to eat hot every day. I have also been accused of being Indo-European and Visigoth but I do not care, I do what I want.

mytrueancestry.com_c_main10SAMPLES.jpg

Yes, is cool. I have been criticized for spending money on these things but I do not care, I am not responsible for the hunger in the world and I imagine that the creators also needed to eat hot every day. I have also been accused of being Indo-European and Visigoth but I do not care, I do what I want.

I can relate to that, this is what I like to splurge on as well. :)

Certainly, it is a better use of money, than people who waste away in a bar, or on drugs.

I got Iceland Vikings included in my most similar in the latest update. BJORK BJORK BJORK! Closest is still Visigoth and Frank mix, though.

Time line to 100 samples

timelineCOMPLETAZEUS.jpg

timelinezeusverticalbig.jpg

Excellent new feature allows you to adjust the samples being shown. I put it for 10 of the best samples for goodness of fit.

AGiijHa.jpg

xlkPcRo.jpg

This will be useful for weeding out samples that only have distant relationships with common source populations.

Certainly a very nice tool. I loved it. Very cool the customization to only ten samples:

H0jS5wt.png

AGiijHa.jpg

xlkPcRo.jpg

3VdMfML.png

OonAWRb.png

It is interesting to adjust the time periods. It will show you samples that you would not see if you were to put it from across the entire time-span. Above are my relatively best samples from the Bronze-Age. It is difficult though, with the sliders to get the date exactly on the year you want, but close to it.

Fellow Brazilian, not only. AFAIK, the Suebi influenced Portugal way more than Visigoths did, but who knows!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_the_Suebi

And "a contingent of the Buri accompanied the Suebi in their invasion of the Iberian Peninsula and established themselves in Gallaecia (modern northern Portugal and Galicia) in the 5th century."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buri_tribe

Congrats for figuring out your clade, btw. :)

Hey, Visigoth Girona is one of my closest matches...but I am R1a, as was a number of Visigoths, given it is common in Scandinavia where they originated and in what is now Poland, where they lived for a few centuries.

7XaQsnm.jpg so these might be my father's ancestors?

This thread has been viewed 1249709 times.

Back