Mytrueancestry.com

I wonder though, why do the modern South Italian plots fall north of CL30, CL38, and CL25 in these PCAs; while on the one from the study, they're on top of the most southernly ones?
eOhr0dz.jpg

my explanation would be that the 2 shown components are not the same and that might have to do with the different samples. so for example both seem to have an axis that could be interpretated as WHG/EHG ancestry. but maybe in the first 2 PCA's the second axis captures a bit more EEF ancestry variance while in the PCA from the study the second axis has a bit more CHG andmixture variance.

wEB9YWY.png

OVReUQO.png

8kYgo9Q.png

This is what I would assume the results would be like in relation to these population cohorts. The Hittite is probably the Anatolian Bronze-Age sample overlaping with SITALY1 in the Raveane et al paper. Though other PCAs like Lazardis et al 2017, also have the Mycenaeans overlapping with people who would encompass SITALY1 too.

Definitely the same kind of gene pool. :)

hVhsmK7.png

vjT6qf2

North Italy (Bergamo) looks very much like the supposedly "Medieval Iberian" sample found at Collegno (that's labeled incorrectly, imo), and SZ36 looks Tuscan here, and that's what it comes out on the calculators, but CL36 Emilian. I do indeed practically land on the latter sample. Szolad 43, to which I'm reasonably close, also comes out as North Italian on the Eurogenes K13, but more east than Bergamo.
vjT6qf2

I would love to know how my mother would have tested. My hunch is that she would have been Tuscan like, despite having half her ancestry from the Lunigiana. Partly, I think it's probably her father's ancestry from La Spezia. His line is the only one where I have a few holes in my tree because of the destruction of records during the war, so a few people from his tree may have moved up from Toscana, and also, while the people of the Lunigiana are more northern shifted, more Emilian like, there is some variation even there, with the most northern shifted up in the foothills. IF that's correct, which I can't be certain about, that would mean that my father's people are probably a bit more northern shifted than most people of Emilia, but I've thought for a long time that those mountains might be part of that whole mountain group called the territorio delle quattro province: Alessandria, Genova, Pavia and Piacenza.

I don't know what, in particular, is "special" about Sassuolo, since it's just a small town near Modena, but for fun: both these singers come from there. :)

Caterina Caselli

italian-singer-caterina-caselli-attending-to-a-tv-show-rome-1977-picture-id534780750

And, of course, Nek:
Nek-nek-29919002-800-600.jpg

Anyone know more about this "North Roman Warrior", and/or have his gedmatch number?

Thankyou
I agree with these PCA plots
Below is mine from other "plotters"
Only the ones uner 10.00
SZ28......Trentino.....fonzaso
CL23......Lombardy east.....near lake Garda
I3313......Friuli Grado
SZ36.......Romagna Rimini
CL36.......Emilia....sussolo
Second name is closest town

1. Gallo-Roman (590 AD) (7.349) - SZ28 (Click for more info)
2. Medieval Iberian (670 AD) (8.469) - CL23 (Click for more info)
3. Illyrian / Dalmatian (1200 BC) (8.971) - I3313 (Click for more info)
4. Central Roman (590 AD) (9.665) - SZ36 (Click for more info)
5. Central Roman (670 AD) (9.851) - CL36 (Click for more info)

6. Central Roman (590 AD) (10.03) - SZ43 ...........another Romagnolo
7. North Roman Warrior (605 AD) (10.08) - NS3c ...........Tyrolese
8. Byzantine Roman Warrior (605 AD) (10.63) - NS3b .....Thracian
9. Medieval Piedmont (670 AD) (11.21) - CL57 ........Trentino
10. Iberian / Piedmont (670 AD) (11.57) - CL94 NW Italy

Hmmmmm...here is mine but I plot well west of Serbians and Bosnians but very close to Greek Thessaly:

[h=4]Modern PCA[/h]
image.py

I don't quite understand why I plot west of all of those populations.

Last edited:
I'm hardly an expert at this but wouldn't Greeks plot a bit west of Serbians?
Look at TardisBlue's plot, there Greek_Thessaly plots east of all those Balkanites.

U-106 and H11a

REBPCA.jpgThis is for a U-106 and H11a

Y= I-F2735 MT=H1a3a

PAWpca.jpg

I-F2735 and H1a3a

K1c1

This is for a K1c1
PJJpca.jpg

This thread has been viewed 1249761 times.

Back