Mytrueancestry.com

i note that Scottish also Irish by Female DNA closest top7 there is Macedonian. Why would be that...?

Scottish

1. French (6.977)
2. Irish (7.947)
3. Norwegian (8.912)
4. Portuguese (9.619)
5. Swedish (9.986)
6. Macedonian (10.10)
7. German_Central (10.63)

Irish

1. French (6.777)
2. Scottish (7.947)
3. German_Central (10.16)
4. Austrian (10.18)
5. Macedonian (10.57)
6. Hungarian (11.04)
7. Portuguese (11.16)

Here is my Ancient 3D PCA:

6t8Bc35.gif

I was able to convert the Mp4 video to GIF format, by uploading it to the online converter in the link below:

https://www.onlineconverter.com/mp4-to-gif

After that, I uploaded the converted GIF to imgur, to obtain a BBCode to paste in my post.

In my dad's My True Ancestry pca, one of his sample 'match' is Colonial American Pennsylvania Shohola 1700 ad. I'm not surprised about that. His maternal grandfather's line settled in the North East, primarily New Jersey/Manhattan, NY in the 1600's.

Deleted -:

redundant (y) :ashamed2:

Last edited:
Timelines (default)
8H6FExK.jpg

L6R6KjJ.jpg
34nxyGp.jpg

y1xUb6l.jpg

Genotyping has too many limitations.

it's fun, but it’s time for some serious Sequencing.

It's not a criticism to MTA, they just run the raw-data we give them, just like Gedmatch and everybody else.

There are noticeable discrepancies between the kits, and too many uncertainties.

Sequencing companies should provide a backward compatible Raw-Data format, just like the main Genotyping companies.

I HOPE THEY’RE LISTENING

imho :)

Genotyping has too many limitations.

it's fun, but it’s time for some serious Sequencing.

It's not a criticism to MTA, they just run the raw-data we give them, just like Gedmatch and everybody else.

There are noticeable discrepancies between the kits, and too many uncertainties.

Sequencing companies should provide a backward compatible Raw-Data format, just like the main Genotyping companies.

I HOPE THEY’RE LISTENING

imho :)

They do support Dante Labs, which does professional grade sequencing. I would be interested to see how my results from a test like that would match up against the lesser SNP-testing genotyping kits. However, I'll wait until it is within the price range of average direct-to-consumer genomics testing.

You're right, the discrepancies come from the alogrithim assigning ancestry based on incomplete information due to genotyping, which is what all the big companies do. Even Helix that touted having access to whole-genome sequencing, did not utilize it. The Geno 2.0 test has probably the lowest amount of SNPs tested, compared to any other company.

In addition to consumer genomics companies having different standards on assigning ancestry. They are also looking at incomplete information, they infer that determination on. Both aspect vary from company to company.

They do support Dante Labs, which does professional grade sequencing. I would be interested to see how my results from a test like that would match up against the lesser SNP-testing genotyping kits. However, I'll wait until it is within the price range of average direct-to-consumer genomics testing.

You're right, the discrepancies come from the alogrithim assigning ancestry based on incomplete information due to genotyping, which is what all the big companies do. Even Helix that touted having access to whole-genome sequencing, did not utilize it. The Geno 2.0 test has probably the lowest amount of SNPs tested, compared to any other company.

In addition to consumer genomics companies having different standards on assigning ancestry. They are also looking at incomplete information, they infer that determination on. Both aspect vary from company to company.

There are two options:
GenomeZ and GenomeL

I wonder what's best for us, in the long run.

Scythians,48
Getae,29.2
Germanics,10
Hellenes,5.6
Thracians,2.6
Slavs,2.4
Baltics,2.2

Scythians,48
Getae,29.2
Germanics,10
Hellenes,5.6
Thracians,2.6
Slavs,2.4
Baltics,2.2

:unsure:... I guess, ... your Inverted Closest Samples?

These are the BC only admixtures.

I was told that getae is a goth-thracian union

You wrote Hellenes, but somehow I’m thinking Illyrians too.

You wrote Hellenes, but somehow I’m thinking Illyrians too.
The program wrote hellenes....i agree with you on illyrian.
Illyrians oncame from modern day odessa, ukraine area circa 1600bc to basically vienna lands.

I will get further info once my new pc is up and going

I used the same raw data to make 2 separate kits. Both are slightly different from each other. The third (which I deleted) was identical to #2. My 1st kit was the original and I uploaded another copy later on.

Viking Icelandic + Longobard (2.181)
Celt + Longobard (2.314)
Longobard (5.104)
Celt (5.472)
Viking Icelandic (6.764)

Viking Icelandic + Longobard (2.147)
Celt + Longobard (2.239)
Longobard (5.147)
Celt (5.432)
Viking Icelandic (6.814)

Last edited:
I was very pleased with the detailing of Portugal doing by LM Genetics. Perfectly consistent with Santarém (Lisbon region and land of my paternal ancestors) and northern Portugal (Oporto, land of my maternal ancestors). Others calculators do not offer this level of detailing of the regions of Portugal.
IMO, I see a great consistency of these results with the matches I have with the ancient MyTrueAncestry samples:

cqocfuX.png

tgne8pi.png

nMonte3 oracle
FZ29o44.png

0i9VAZf.png

wcoGEQv.png

CA (Correspondence Analysis plot)
rEyenb6.png

MDS plot (with minimum spanning tree)
B6OuAV0.png

Dendrogram (relevant part)
huwzZP2.png

Correlation map
T4KKuTx.png

Euclidean distances map
kcnXDKi.png

25GzhBQ.png

gkTm2GN.png

2f3FjLZ.png

s0mt0cB.png

qyflJCJ.png

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 1250056 times.

Back