Mytrueancestry.com

Lord help me to do your will and not mine.

I think it's been decades since I heard someone say that. Heretical thought: isn't it pretty close to Muslim submission to Allah, i.e. "Inshallah", or, as Allah wills it? :)

When I was little I used to have nightmares about my Dad being sent to hell because he cursed and never, evert went to Mass; not unless someone was getting married or buried. Well, he went to my baptism I hear, and I know he went to my Communion and Confirmation. My mother told him to be careful, the roof might fall on his head. He went in and read the nuns the riot act for scaring me like that. Still, I told him to always remember that if the car was going to crash or something, he had to make a good Act of Contrition. :) He solemnly promised me he would... Ah, the innocence of childhood.

Did any young girls pretend to be boys and go off on Crusade, the way they did during the American Civil War? :)

17. Crusader Knight Tuscan / Lebanon (1250 AD) ..... 12.11 - SI-41 - [FONT=&quot][/FONT] (Click for more info)
[FONT=&quot]​
% match vs all users

[/FONT]

Go ahead and get Crazy, you’ll be just fine!

... as long as you remember to Repent and go to Confession every Sunday :innocent:

(... one of the few Perks of being Catholic) :cool-v:

I like technicalities and loopholes, I should've been a Lawyer :)

The point is that there is no regret lol

I think it's been decades since I heard someone say that. Heretical thought: isn't it pretty close to Muslim submission to Allah, i.e. "Inshallah", or, as Allah wills it? :)

When I was little I used to have nightmares about my Dad being sent to hell because he cursed and never, evert went to Mass; not unless someone was getting married or buried. Well, he went to my baptism I hear, and I know he went to my Communion and Confirmation. My mother told him to be careful, the roof might fall on his head. He went in and read the nuns the riot act for scaring me like that. Still, I told him to always remember that if the car was going to crash or something, he had to make a good Act of Contrition. :) He solemnly promised me he would... Ah, the innocence of childhood.

Did any young girls pretend to be boys and go off on Crusade, the way they did during the American Civil War? :)

17. Crusader Knight Tuscan / Lebanon (1250 AD) ..... 12.11 - SI-41 - (Click for more info)
% match vs all users

The Tuscan crusader was to be a young boy, white skin with a light black beard, brown eyes, large and round and easy to smile, a small smile on him was already a great smile for the time. He had to marry for convenience with a young woman from a wealthy family, but he did not live for many years and left a man, then his widow married a man much older than her, who raised her son who was a merchant and did not go to any war like her father.

Crusaders Crociati
(matching samples only)

eRHjxKS.jpg

ab935c774d2065ec5eefb12ef8aec81d.jpg

4c8c3a2a33b60e13accd99dad4c595ea.jpg

c09a9d6eef1fb476e4ad676cd1828ea3.jpg

6be08c00e62bf9be7f8c1259eb76a4b2.jpg

Last edited:

77. Medieval Frank (670 AD) ..... 17.94 - CL63

78. Nordic Central Lombard (670 AD) ..... 17.94
- CL63 - ?

I think the name of this sample has been changed now is: Nordic Central Lombard

My oldest relative at the moment is the Vucedol I3499 individual, with a small fragment of cM 1.95 DNA. I think I understood what culture refers to, but I ask if the nomenclature that classifies it as proto-Thracian/Illyrian is correct or if it is intentionally generic and somewhat ambiguous.
From time to time MTY seems to me very (or too) "elastic" with the denominations: in the same way another of my "relatives" among the specimens of Collegno has become from simple "Frank" also a "Nordic Central Lombard"... :D
75521934_488614815057731_8409718292540817408_n.png

75456680_3063839093640203_1281067785232842752_n.png

This is the oldest I have

Neolithic Ireland
3200 BC

Ballynahatty

mtDNA: HV0 ?
Total cM=8.78
Largest segment=6.27 cM (2 shared. Sample quality: 89) - Your raw DNA is
% closer than other matching users

This is the sample with the highest Total cm I have

Bronze Age Spain Cogotas
1290 BC

I12208

mtDNA: K1a1b1
Total cM=47.34
Largest segment=21.73 cM (5 shared. Sample quality: 45) - Your raw DNA is

Medieval Iberian

670 AD

CL23

mtDNA: HV1a1aY-DNA: T1a
Total cM=46.48
Largest segment=27.21 cM (4 shared. Sample quality: 45) - Your raw DNA is

The most "modern" samples

Gallo-Roman Celt Mix Iberia
80 AD

I10866

mtDNA: K1b2a
Total cM=29.84
Largest segment=10.05 cM (4 shared. Sample quality: 41) - Your raw DNA is

Roman-Carthago Mix Iberia
80 AD

I8475
mtDNA: T2b
Total cM=2.21
Largest segment=2.21 cM (1 shared. Sample quality: 24) - Your raw DNA is

mtDNA Distribution

14.9%-H
22.9%-H1+H3
3.44%-H5
1.14%-HV
6.89%-HV0+V
2.29%-I
5.24%-J
10.30%-K
9.19-T2
4.59%-U
2.29%-U3
10.30%-U5
4.50%-W
1.14%-X

Y-DNA Distribution

10.2%-E1b
2.56%-G
2.56%-I1
2.56%-I2
7.69%-J
5.12%-R1a
66.6%-R1b

The Tuscan crusader was to be a young boy, white skin with a light black beard, brown eyes, large and round and easy to smile, a small smile on him was already a great smile for the time. He had to marry for convenience with a young woman from a wealthy family, but he did not live for many years and left a man, then his widow married a man much older than her, who raised her son who was a merchant and did not go to any war like her father.

Sounds like the outline of a great historical novel. We should write it! :)

Sounds like the outline of a great historical novel. We should write it! :)

There is a story there. It could be a novel and could be brought to the t.v. or to the cinema.

The marriage between a young crusader and a young woman from a wealthy family with pretensions ends up becoming a true love story despite the obstacles of a rich and old merchant who intended to marry the young woman. The war separates the young and enamored couple and fate will be pushed by the old merchant's black hand towards a fatal outcome.

Yes there is a story, t.v. cinema, novel. I could extend the synopsis further, document myself a bit, for a movie script you have to document the fair. The truth is that there is theme.

Although I stopped writing for so long, I have a diploma in film script and t.v. and the few years that I have left of life I did not want to spend them writing. But well, Hollywood could buy me the synopsis, I do the scale too. :wary2:

My oldest relative at the moment is the Vucedol I3499 individual, with a small fragment of cM 1.95 DNA. I think I understood what culture refers to, but I ask if the nomenclature that classifies it as proto-Thracian/Illyrian is correct or if it is intentionally generic and somewhat ambiguous.
From time to time MTY seems to me very (or too) "elastic" with the denominations: in the same way another of my "relatives" among the specimens of Collegno has become from simple "Frank" also a "Nordic Central Lombard"... :D
75521934_488614815057731_8409718292540817408_n.png

75456680_3063839093640203_1281067785232842752_n.png

Personally, I take them with a big grain of salt. Scythian Moldova is a good example. I sincerely doubt he is a full "Scythian". For me to get a 25.4 cm. "match", I bet the person had a whole bunch of Southeastern Balkan type farmer. Also, with that large cM "match", why is the genetic distance so much greater than with some other samples? I do realize they're measuring different things, but it's just odd, and someone unfamiliar with all this might get confused.

In some cases it's downright misleading. My husband still gets a match with an "Ostrogoth" on the Black Sea, as do I, but weaker. Now, he was a chieftain, with very rich grave goods if I remember correctly, so, yes, an Ostrogoth culturally, but the Goths must have been a very inclusive group, because autosomally he's like an Anatolian Greek.

Or, take my closest match, with a distance of 3.64. Very close indeed. It's sample SZ43, however, so taken from Szolad in Hungary. I think I get that close a distance because that sample falls on a PCA between Bergamo and Toscana, and so do I, roughly. So, you might say...Emilian. :) Is that really indicative of my genetic relationship to actual Etruscans and Republican Era Romans? Were those people in Szolad actually from "Italy", as a result of the fact that it was under Byzantine control for awhile, or were there just a lot of people relatively like me genetically all over not only Italy but the Balkans, Hungary, and Spain too given all my matches there, before subsequent migrations to those areas, migrations which my ancestors missed? Hungary, for example, experienced a lot of migration from Germany in the Middle Ages, if my memory serves. I guess I may soon know. My second closest sample in terms of genetic distance, 4.5, is from Piemonte, near Collegno, but from a slightly later period. That one makes sense geographically, at least.

My oldest is still an "Illyrian", 1600 BC on the ancestral timeline graphic, but on the "ancestral timelapse maps" for the Neolithic, I get a hit for 2275 BC. Is that the Vucedol one? Then, I have Beaker Sicily 2200 BC.

I don't know why the results are different. Also, my Illyrian "matches" vary from 1600 to 1200 BC.

Hi Ivar of Rasa.

...As for promotions, there was one in September offering the Zeus level for USD 25.00 to all those who were Caesar level. I had enjoyed this promotion. Now we can only wait for other promotions. Cheers.

Cheers, here´s a new Zeus (y)

(USD 50 promotion from Caesar)

As a beginner I need help of you experts, thank you. I ordered from MyTrueAncestry Level 4 at first, and soon I got an offer to update to Level 5 by paying 50 USD. So now I can see the Deep Dive results also.

These nearest alleged relatives have different haplogroups than I have! Are the segment hits only coincidences? Does the relationship still exist between us? And if, so why? My Y-DNA is I1-M253 and mtDNA is U5b2a6

You have ancient relatives! (you share identified DNA segments)Info

Medieval Oeselian Saaremaa 1270 AD IIa

mtDNA: H3h1Y-DNA: N3a3a
Total cM=6.29
Largest segment=6.29 cM (1 shared. Sample quality: 39) - Your raw DNA is

Chr. 3

6.29 cM

Viking Norse Iceland 935 AD TGS-A1

mtDNA: T2e1Y-DNA: R1b1a1a2a1a2d
Total cM=5.75
Largest segment=5.75 cM (1 shared. Sample quality: 48) - Your raw DNA is

Chr. 3

5.75 cM

Czech Bilina CWC 2625 BC I6695

mtDNA: H2a3 ?
Total cM=9.06
Largest segment=5.44 cM (2 shared. Sample quality: 42) - Your raw DNA is

Chr. 3

3.62 cM

Chr. 17

5.44 cM

Nordic Lombard 670 AD CL93

mtDNA: J2b1Y-DNA: R1b
Total cM=4.19
Largest segment=4.19 cM (1 shared. Sample quality: 17) - Your raw DNA is

Chr. 17

4.19 cM

Late Medieval Livonia 1585 AD IVLS09KT

mtDNA: H2a1Y-DNA: J2b2
Total cM=3.58
Largest segment=3.58 cM (1 shared. Sample quality: 22) - Your raw DNA is

Chr. 1

3.58 cM

Nordic Lombard 670 AD CL84

mtDNA: H49a2Y-DNA: R1b
Total cM=8.81
Largest segment=3.3 cM (3 shared. Sample quality: 18) - Your raw DNA is

Chr. 2

2.67 cM

Chr. 15

2.83 cM

Chr. 17

3.3 cM

Viking Norse Iceland 935 AD DKS-A1

mtDNA: U5a1hY-DNA: R1a1a1b1a3
Total cM=2.39
Largest segment=2.39 cM (1 shared. Sample quality: 28) - Your raw DNA is

Chr. 6

2.39 cM

This last one is the only one, who shares the same U5 than I have.

Viking Norse Iceland

935 AD DKS-A1
mtDNA: U5a1h

I noticed that my new matches were all struggling with a variety of Skin Conditions :petrified:

5FVTlcr.jpg

I noticed that my new matches were all struggling with a variety of Skin Conditions :petrified:

5FVTlcr.jpg

A leper and a black plague victim. You are a walking biological weapon. I'm running from you. I hope it's not contagious over the internet. LOL. :confused::startled::petrified::petrified::shocked::unsure::LOL:

A leper and a black plague victim. You are a walking biological weapon. I'm running from you. I hope it's not contagious over the internet. LOL. :confused::startled::petrified::petrified::shocked::unsure::LOL:

My Virus can penetrate you Firewall LOL LoL / ...got a Flu Shot last week :grin:

My Virus can penetrate you Firewall LOL LoL / ...got a Flu Shot last week :grin:

OMG. I will reconfigure my firewall. :shocked::petrified::sad-2:

I don't match with any of the Crusaders, but almost all of the gladiators. The only one I don't match with-and the second one on the list is a deep dive match that I am 98% closer than the other deep dive sharers-is the Egyptian/Near Eastern one. And it makes sense, as I am 61.3% British Isles on 23andMe, and 73% British Isles on Ancestry. In fact, I have lines from Yorkshire-where the gladiators fought-and more recently nearby Lancashire, which is my number 2 United Kingdom region in 23andMe (after Greater London, which almost everyone gets)

I don't match with any of the Crusaders, but almost all of the gladiators. The only one I don't match with-and the second one on the list is a deep dive match that I am 98% closer than the other deep dive sharers-is the Egyptian/Near Eastern one. And it makes sense, as I am 61.3% British Isles on 23andMe, and 73% British Isles on Ancestry. In fact, I have lines from Yorkshire-where the gladiators fought-and more recently nearby Lancashire, which is my number 2 United Kingdom region in 23andMe (after Greater London, which almost everyone gets)

I have as one of my spotlights the Celtic Briton Gladiator York 6DRIF-22 (250 AD). The poor 6DRIF-22 has a skull injury as well as a stab to the neck - his extra vertebrae did not seem to assist with his fate. He is one of my “deep dive” matches, with a Total cM=9.01 - Largest segment=3.69 cM (3 shared segments). I’m not sure but I think that the poor man probably was a Gaulish and was far way from home.

This thread has been viewed 1249692 times.

Back