MyTrueAncestry Mytrueancestry.com

101. North Roman Warrior (590 AD) ..... 18.18 - NS3c - [FONT=&quot] ? [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]90
% match vs all users[/FONT]

102. Latin Tribe Castel di Decima (800 BC) ..... 18.33 - R1016 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

103. Carolingian (790 AD) ..... 18.36 - I7675 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

104. Portugal Bronze Age (1600 BC) ..... 18.47 - VO10207 [FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

105. Scythian Outlier Hungary (550 BC) ..... 18.52 - DA195 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]84

106. Viking Gaelic Mix Iceland (935 AD) ..... 18.56 - GTE-A1 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]48

107. Franco Medieval Villa Magna Italy (1215 AD) ..... 18.75 - R62 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]43

108. Carthago Outlier Roman Empire VP (100 AD) ..... 18.85 - R111 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]94

109. Halstatt Celt (775 BC) ..... 18.89 - DA111 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]93

110. Pre-Indo European Tribe (1440 BC) ..... 18.92 - I2471 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

111. Iron Age Catalan (650 BC) ..... 18.96 - I3776 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

112. Pre-Indo European Tribe (1440 BC) ..... 19.01 - I2470 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

113. Hispano-Roman Taifa of Valencia (1200 AD) ..... 19.12 - I12647 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]90

114. Medieval Hungary / Balkan (1244 AD) ..... 19.38 - DA199 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]47

115. Celtic Briton Gladiator York (250 AD) ..... 19.58 - 6DRIF-22 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]44

116. Visigoth Frankish Girona (550 AD) ..... 19.59 - I12032 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]40

117. Bronze Age Northern Spain (1560 BC) ..... 19.78 - VAD004 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

118. Iberian Taifa of Valencia (1200 AD) ..... 19.79 - I2647 [FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]90

119. Bronze Age Loma del Puerco (1800 BC) ..... 19.86 - I7162 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

120. Thuringii Tribe (420 AD) ..... 19.89 - AED_1108 - [FONT=&quot] ? [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]40

121. Central Roman (670 AD) ..... 19.91 - CL36 - [FONT=&quot] ? [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]80

122. Bell Beaker Southern France (2120 BC) ..... 19.96 - I3874 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]60

123. Swiss Germanic (670 AD) ..... 19.97 - CL102 - [FONT=&quot] ? [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]37

124. Germanic Mixed Tribe (505 AD) ..... 19.97 - AED513 - [FONT=&quot] ? [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]49

125. Late Roman Iberia Granada (500 AD) ..... 20.25 - I3582 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]90

126. Immigrant Medieval Denmark (1305 AD) ..... 20.28 - G274 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]98

127. Celtiberian Northern Spain (350 BC) ..... 20.54 - I3757 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

128. Bronze Age Spain Cogotas I (1500 BC) ..... 20.68 - I3490 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

129. Bronze Age Amesbury (1450 BC) ..... 20.68 - I2458 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]45

130. Medieval Tyrolian (670 AD) ..... 20.72 - CL53 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]36

131. Visigoth Germanic Girona (550 AD) ..... 20.74 - I12162 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]40

132. Carthago Outlier San Ercolano (500 AD) ..... 21.0 - R121 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]95

133. Iron Age Catalan (600 BC) ..... 21.04 - I12642 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]98

134. Iberia Bronze Age (1600 BC) ..... 21.1 - ATP9 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

135. Celtic Medieval Denmark Ribe (1305 AD) ..... 21.39 - G397 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]52

136. Pre-Roman Girona (280 BC) ..... 21.43 - I3323 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

137. Medieval Tyrolian (590 AD) ..... 21.49 - SZ18 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]33

138. Bell Beaker Scotland (2145 BC) ..... 21.51 - I5471 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]39

139. Late Roman Iberia Granada (470 AD) ..... 21.51 - I3576 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]86

140. Frankish / Hungary (590 AD) ..... 21.6 - SZ23 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]38

141. Bell Beaker France (2300 BC) ..... 21.61 - I1388 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99

142. Greuthungi / Ostrogoth (310 AD) ..... 21.64 - MJ37 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]44

143. Gaelic Settler Viking Iceland (935 AD) ..... 21.66 - ORE-A1 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]43

144. Celtic-Saxon Hinxton (700 AD) ..... 21.66 - HinxtonO2 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]43

145. Morisco Italo-Iberian Andalusia (1550 AD) ..... 21.79 - I7424 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]83

146. Celtic Briton Gladiator York (250 AD) ..... 21.86 - 3DRIF-16 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]41

147. Late Roman Iberia Granada (500 AD) ..... 21.96 - I3581 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]88

148. Central Roman Mausoleo Augusto (500 AD) ..... 22.03 - R32 - [FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]86

149. Justinian Plague Victim (760 AD) ..... 22.06 - LSD021 - [FONT=&quot] ? [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]87

150. Carthaginian Ibiza (270 BC) ..... 22.1 - MS10614 - [FONT=&quot] ? [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]96

The 50 revealed. Some had already seen them from the beginning and others have been new. A reserve for the future of new samples. There may be more distance but sometimes you could also get segments of them.

Duarte
It has any meaning?

Good morning dear friend Carlos.
I agree with Salento:

She was born in Rome,
her great uncle, the emperor Hadrian, ...born in Italica, Hispania Baetica, into a Hispano-Italic family that settled in Spain from the Italian city of Atri in Picenum.

Mauseleo Augusto, many Villas, these people must have been loaded :grin:

5G1DDrP.jpg

In fact, there are nobles buried there and, as you said, It would be great if that were the case of relatives of Faustina the Minor buried there. The local was abandoned for a long time and even was used as a dumping ground and the vegetation grew uncontrollably. Bellow is desbibed it's history:

“The Mausoleum of Augustus (Italian: Mausoleo di Augusto) is a large tomb built by the Roman EmperorAugustus in 28 BC on the Campus Martius in Rome, Italy. The mausoleum is located on the Piazza Augusto Imperatore, near the corner with Via di Ripetta as it runs along the Tiber. The grounds cover an area equivalent to a few city blocks nestled between the church of San Carlo al Corso and the Museum of the Ara Pacis. The mausoleum is currently in the process of a restoration, upon which it will open to the public.

The mausoleum was one of the first projects initiated by Augustus in the city of Rome following his victory at the
Battle of Actium in 31 BC. The mausoleum was circular in plan, consisting of several concentric rings of earth and brick, faced with travertine on the exterior, and planted with cypresses on the top tier. The whole structure was capped (possibly, as reconstructions are unsure at best) by a conical roof and a huge bronze statue of Augustus.
Vaults held up the roof and opened up the burial spaces below. Twin pink
graniteobelisks flanked the arched entryway; these have been removed; one now stands at the Piazza dell'Esquilino (on the northwest side of the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore) and the other at the Quirinal fountain. The completed mausoleum measured 90 m (295 ft) in diameter by 42 m (137 ft) in height.

A corridor ran from the entryway into the heart of the mausoleum, where there was a chamber with three niches to hold the golden urns enshrining the ashes of the Imperial Family. Two pillars flanking the entrance were mounted with bronze plaques inscribed with the
Res Gestae Divi Augusti, the document describing Augustus' accomplishments and victories.[3] Surrounding the mausoleum was landscaped parkland akin to modern public parks, affording a place of retreat at the heart of Rome's heavily urbanized Campus Martius.

The traditional story is that in 410, during the
sack of Rome by Alaric, the pillaging Visigoths rifled the vaults, stole the urns and scattered the ashes, without damaging the structure of the building. Platner and Ashby, however, posited that "The story of its plundering by Alaric in 410 has no historical foundation, and we know nothing of its destruction".

By the end of the 10th century, the mausoleum had become largely buried under earth and overgrown with trees, to the point where it was referred to as the Mons Augustus. A legend of the time referred to a supposed decree by Augustus who ordered that a basketful of earth from every province of the empire was to be thrown upon his tomb, so that he could rest on the soil of the whole world over which he ruled.
[6] Atop the Mausoleum stood a chapel built to the Archangel Michael, while alongside was the Church of Santa Maria (or perhaps Martina) in Augusto (later transformed into San Giacomo degli Incurabili).

By the 12th Century, the
tumulus was fortified as a castle— as was the mausoleum of Hadrian, which was turned into the Castel Sant'Angelo— and occupied by the Colonna family. After the disastrous defeat of the Commune of Rome at the hands of the Count of Tusculum in 1167, the Colonna were disgraced and banished, and their fortification in the Campo was dismantled. Throughout the Renaissance it passed through the ownership of several major Roman families, who used it as a garden; at the beginning of the 19th century it was in use as a circus.

In the early 20th century, the interior of the Mausoleum was used as a concert hall called the Augusteo, until Mussolini ordered it closed in the 1930s and restored it to the status of an archaeological site. The restoration of the Mausoleum of Augustus to a place of prominence featured in
Benito Mussolini's ambitious reordering of the city of Rome which strove to connect the aspirations of Italian Fascism with the former glories of the Roman Empire. Mussolini viewed himself especially connected to the achievements of Augustus, seeing himself as a 'reborn Augustus' ready to usher in a new age of Italian dominance.

In January 2017, Italian authorities announced that due to a €6 million grant from
Telecom Italia the Mausoleum of Augustus would receive a comprehensive restoration that will allow it to open to the public for the first time since the 1970s. When the Mausoleum opens in April 2019 it will be fully restored and incorporate a multi-media exhibition that will project images of modern and ancient Rome onto the interior walls of the structure.

An earlier intention to restore the Mausoleum in time to commemorate the 2,000th anniversary of Augustus' death in 2014 failed due to funding shortfalls.
The neglect of the Mausoleum, closed to the public, overgrown with vegetation and used as a dumping ground for litter, had long attracted criticism, especially after the opening of the Ara Pacis museum across the street in 2006.

Buried inside:

Included among those whose remains were laid inside the mausoleum before the death of Augustus were:

After the death of Augustus, the mausoleum hosted the ashes of:”

On the other hand, about my matches, what I could notice is that, according to the PCA posted on the Moots: Ancient Rome Paper in Paleogenetics thread, all my samples of ancient relatives are genetically in northern Italy, pending toward the side of Iberian Peninsula, especially the samples of the Etruscans.

6VFAaEg.jpg

Ancient relatives - Ancient Roman Samples - Only matches with "R"samples:

IPuljQG.png

at4Isiz.png

PAPDm0M.png

EVyMWA3.png

dM4M8iG.png

lMCFbdP.png

4BXbf8z.png

My samples are also the same type R

Good morning dear friend Carlos.
I agree with Salento:

In fact, there are nobles buried there and, as you said, It would be great if that were the case of relatives of Faustina the Minor buried there. The local was abandoned for a long time and even was used as a dumping ground and the vegetation grew uncontrollably. Bellow is desbibed it's history:

“The Mausoleum of Augustus (Italian: Mausoleo di Augusto) is a large tomb built by the Roman EmperorAugustus in 28 BC on the Campus Martius in Rome, Italy. The mausoleum is located on the Piazza Augusto Imperatore, near the corner with Via di Ripetta as it runs along the Tiber. The grounds cover an area equivalent to a few city blocks nestled between the church of San Carlo al Corso and the Museum of the Ara Pacis. The mausoleum is currently in the process of a restoration, upon which it will open to the public.

The mausoleum was one of the first projects initiated by Augustus in the city of Rome following his victory at the
Battle of Actium in 31 BC. The mausoleum was circular in plan, consisting of several concentric rings of earth and brick, faced with travertine on the exterior, and planted with cypresses on the top tier. The whole structure was capped (possibly, as reconstructions are unsure at best) by a conical roof and a huge bronze statue of Augustus.
Vaults held up the roof and opened up the burial spaces below. Twin pink
graniteobelisks flanked the arched entryway; these have been removed; one now stands at the Piazza dell'Esquilino (on the northwest side of the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore) and the other at the Quirinal fountain. The completed mausoleum measured 90 m (295 ft) in diameter by 42 m (137 ft) in height.

A corridor ran from the entryway into the heart of the mausoleum, where there was a chamber with three niches to hold the golden urns enshrining the ashes of the Imperial Family. Two pillars flanking the entrance were mounted with bronze plaques inscribed with the
Res Gestae Divi Augusti, the document describing Augustus' accomplishments and victories.[3] Surrounding the mausoleum was landscaped parkland akin to modern public parks, affording a place of retreat at the heart of Rome's heavily urbanized Campus Martius.

The traditional story is that in 410, during the
sack of Rome by Alaric, the pillaging Visigoths rifled the vaults, stole the urns and scattered the ashes, without damaging the structure of the building. Platner and Ashby, however, posited that "The story of its plundering by Alaric in 410 has no historical foundation, and we know nothing of its destruction".

By the end of the 10th century, the mausoleum had become largely buried under earth and overgrown with trees, to the point where it was referred to as the Mons Augustus. A legend of the time referred to a supposed decree by Augustus who ordered that a basketful of earth from every province of the empire was to be thrown upon his tomb, so that he could rest on the soil of the whole world over which he ruled.
[6] Atop the Mausoleum stood a chapel built to the Archangel Michael, while alongside was the Church of Santa Maria (or perhaps Martina) in Augusto (later transformed into San Giacomo degli Incurabili).

By the 12th Century, the
tumulus was fortified as a castle— as was the mausoleum of Hadrian, which was turned into the Castel Sant'Angelo— and occupied by the Colonna family. After the disastrous defeat of the Commune of Rome at the hands of the Count of Tusculum in 1167, the Colonna were disgraced and banished, and their fortification in the Campo was dismantled. Throughout the Renaissance it passed through the ownership of several major Roman families, who used it as a garden; at the beginning of the 19th century it was in use as a circus.

In the early 20th century, the interior of the Mausoleum was used as a concert hall called the Augusteo, until Mussolini ordered it closed in the 1930s and restored it to the status of an archaeological site. The restoration of the Mausoleum of Augustus to a place of prominence featured in
Benito Mussolini's ambitious reordering of the city of Rome which strove to connect the aspirations of Italian Fascism with the former glories of the Roman Empire. Mussolini viewed himself especially connected to the achievements of Augustus, seeing himself as a 'reborn Augustus' ready to usher in a new age of Italian dominance.

In January 2017, Italian authorities announced that due to a €6 million grant from
Telecom Italia the Mausoleum of Augustus would receive a comprehensive restoration that will allow it to open to the public for the first time since the 1970s. When the Mausoleum opens in April 2019 it will be fully restored and incorporate a multi-media exhibition that will project images of modern and ancient Rome onto the interior walls of the structure.

An earlier intention to restore the Mausoleum in time to commemorate the 2,000th anniversary of Augustus' death in 2014 failed due to funding shortfalls.
The neglect of the Mausoleum, closed to the public, overgrown with vegetation and used as a dumping ground for litter, had long attracted criticism, especially after the opening of the Ara Pacis museum across the street in 2006.

Buried inside:

Included among those whose remains were laid inside the mausoleum before the death of Augustus were:

After the death of Augustus, the mausoleum hosted the ashes of:”

On the other hand, about my matches, what I could notice is that, according to the PCA posted on the Moots: Ancient Rome Paper in Paleogenetics thread, all my samples of ancient relatives are genetically in northern Italy, pending toward the side of Iberian Peninsula, especially the samples of the Etruscans.

6VFAaEg.jpg

I'm sorry. I think there's some confusion here. The samples studied in the recent paper don't come from the Mausoleum. The bones in the mausoleum were scattered and lost to history.

The samples are labeled Mausoleo Augusto because they were found in the ancient wall NEAR the mausoleum. I explained all of this upthread and provided the link to the Supplement of the Antonio et al paper where it is discussed.

As to your matches, it seems you do get matches to ancient people like Etruscans and others who would plot in today's Northern Italy. However, you also seem to get a lot of matches to these new Imperial Roman and Late Antiquity samples as well. Many of them do not plot in Northern Italy. Many of them wouldn't even plot in modern Lazio. They plot in Southern Italy.

Rome is in Lazio, which is not Northern Italy. Lazio is central Italy both geographically and genetically. (I'm talking modern Lazio, because you were drawing a comparison to modern Northern Italy.) Just south of it, before you even get out of the borders of Lazio (probably due to changes Mussolini made to the borders) you're in Southern Italy genetically. The Abruzzi are, of course, Southern Italy. The actual genetic break in Italy is immediately south of Rome.

Some people don't even include Tuscany in Northern Italy despite the fact that genetically it is closer to it than to geographically Central Italian provinces like Umbria and Marche.

I know this seems arcane, but the divisions are real genetically and culturally.

Northern Italy is partly defined linguistically. It is where the dialects are what used to be called Gallo-Italian. The genetics do match it very well.
cisalpine_galu_and_laspezia-rimini_line.png

I'm sorry. I think there's some confusion here. The samples studied in the recent paper don't come from the Mausoleum. The bones in the mausoleum were scattered and lost to history.
The samples are labeled Mausoleo Augusto because they were found in the ancient wall NEAR the mausoleum. I explained all of this upthread and provided the link to the Supplement of the Antonio et al paper where it is discussed.
As to your matches, it seems you do get matches to ancient people like Etruscans and others who would plot in today's Northern Italy. However, you also seem to get a lot of matches to these new Imperial Roman and Late Antiquity samples as well. Many of them do not plot in Northern Italy. Many of them wouldn't even plot in modern Lazio. They plot in Southern Italy.
Rome is in Lazio, which is not Northern Italy. Lazio is central Italy both geographically and genetically. (I'm talking modern Lazio, because you were drawing a comparison to modern Northern Italy.) Just south of it, before you even get out of the borders of Lazio (probably due to changes Mussolini made to the borders) you're in Southern Italy genetically. The Abruzzi are, of course, Southern Italy. The actual genetic break in Italy is immediately south of Rome.
Some people don't even include Tuscany in Northern Italy despite the fact that genetically it is closer to it than to geographically Central Italian provinces like Umbria and Marche.
I know this seems arcane, but the divisions are real genetically and culturally.
Northern Italy is partly defined linguistically. It is where the dialects are what used to be called Gallo-Italian. The genetics do match it very well.
Grazie. :)
Perhaps the below helps to represent the "position" of the Abruzzi compared to other regions'.

2018_Raveane_Figure1B.jpg

2018_Raveane_Figure1C.jpg

I have opened these two samples of the mausoleum with which I obtained correspondence to see what was there.

MausoleoR32.JPEG

mtDNA: H2a1
Y-DNA: I-CTS616

MausoleoR32modernGroup.JPEG

mausuleoR32AugustoPCA%2Bancient.JPEG

mausuleoR32AugustoPCAmodern.JPEG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MausoleoR33ancient.group.JPEG

mtDNA: H

Y-DNA: J-M12

MausoleoR33modernGroup.JPEG

MausoleoR33SIMILARsamples.JPEG

MausoleoR33PCAancient.JPEG

MausoleoR33PCAMODERN.JPEG

See Iberian Cordoba Caliphate

45. Iberian Cordoba Caliphate (1050 AD) ..... 14.62 - I7498 -
mtDNA: H3a1
Y-DNA: E1b1b1a1b1a

IBERIANcordobaCalifatoPCAmodern.JPEG

IBERIANcordobaCalifatoPCAancient.JPEG

portugueseCordobacaliphate.JPEG

mtDNA: HV0+195

Y-DNA: J2a

PORTUGUESEcorcogaMODERNgroup.JPEG

PORTUGUESEcorcogaPCAmodern.JPEG

PORTUGUESEpcaANCIENT.JPEG

8. Illyrian / Dalmatian (1200 BC) ..... 10.75 - I3313
Medieval Iberian (670 AD) (6.439)
Medieval Piedmont (670 AD) (7.049)
Iberian / Piedmont (670 AD) (7.332)
Gallo-Roman (590 AD) (7.422)
Protovillanovia Martinsicuro (930 BC) (7.43)

84. Protovillanovia Martinsicuro (930 BC) ..... 16.97 - R1
Gallo-Roman (590 AD) (5.829)
Central Roman (590 AD) (7.154)
Illyrian / Dalmatian (1200 BC) (7.43)
Central Roman (670 AD) (7.541)
Central Roman (590 AD) (8.234)

EtruscoMAUSOLEO.JPEG

I don't know, but I don't think those remains are so anonymous or that they belonged to anyone.

------Separate subject not related to the whole. After the papers of Rome we are going to need a vacation, some double. lol -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With these last entries, my donut has been incredibly versified, showing H, E. In the mitochondrial N, M at approx 0.5 but there are, I delighted, more defenses.

donutpostRome.JPEG

donutmitocondrial.JPEG

Thanks for the clarifications Angela. I was really believing that the samples came from the Augustus’s Mausoleum and not from its surroundings because of the nomenclature assigned to them by the MTA. I take back what I said and the dissertation on Augustus’s Mausoleum stay now just as a curious fact for the history lovers. As for the genetic classification of the mentioned samples, I have taken as reference only the relative position of their respective numbers ploted in the PCA. I did not know that these medieval samples, some so recent that were approaching to the beginning of the modern age, were plotting further south. Very timely your clarifications because they bring important details for those who are not following more closely the posts on thread “Moots: Ancient Rome Paper”. Cheers :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Grazie. :)
Perhaps the below helps to represent the "position" of the Abruzzi compared to other regions'.

2018_Raveane_Figure1B.jpg

2018_Raveane_Figure1C.jpg

Thanks too, Regio:)

Very interesting, Carlos. Here's our side by side comparisons.

R32-Mausoleo Augusto
Carlos-22.03
Mine: 26. Central Roman Mausoleo Augusto (500 AD) ..... 11.57 - R32 -
% match vs all users

R33-Mausoleo Augusto
Carlos 12.56
Mine-It doesn't appear in my first 60 so it must be above 14.55, but probably not by much.

I shall expect to be addressed as "Domina" from now on. :)

112514-Portuguese Cordoba Caliphate
Carlos- 14.55
Mine-
57. Portuguese Cordoba Caliphate (1050 AD) ..... 14.48 - I12514 -
% match vs all users

17498-Iberian Cordoba Caliphate
Carlos-14.62
Mine-59. Iberian Cordoba Caliphate (1050 AD) ..... 14.53 - I7498 -
% match vs all users

I also get these:
18. Iberian Taifa of Valencia (1100 AD) ..... 10.29 - I2515
% match vs all users

Spaniard Cordoba Caliphate (1050 AD) ..... 10.53 - I12515 -

25. Morisco Italo-Iberian Andalusia (1550 AD) ..... 10.85 - I7424 -
% match vs all users

27. Iberian Taifa of Valencia (1120 AD) ..... 11.87 - I2514
% match vs all users

29. Early Medieval Iberia Granada (500 AD) ..... 11.99 - I3981 -

% match vs all users

40. Medieval Iberian (670 AD) ..... 12.95 - CL23 -
% match vs all users

45. Late Roman Iberia Granada (650 AD) ..... 13.51 - I3575 -
% match vs all users

54. Iberian / Piedmont (670 AD) ..... 14.25 - CL94 -
% match vs all users

55. Late Roman Iberia Granada (500 AD) ..... 14.39 - I3581 -
% match vs all users

57. Portuguese Cordoba Caliphate (1050 AD) ..... 14.48 - I12514 -
% match vs all users

I propose that Carlos and Duarte be put up for honorary Italian citizenship, and I should be put up for honorary Spanish and Portuguese citizenship. If things had gone differently, marriage might have accomplished it, but this will do. :)

Very interesting, Carlos. Here's our side by side comparisons.

R32-Mausoleo Augusto
Carlos-22.03
Mine: 26. Central Roman Mausoleo Augusto (500 AD) ..... 11.57 - R32 - [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]​

R33-Mausoleo Augusto
Carlos 12.56
Mine-It doesn't appear in my first 60 so it must be above 14.55, but probably not by much.

I shall expect to be addressed as "Domina" from now on. :)

112514-Portuguese Cordoba Caliphate
Carlos- 14.55
Mine-
57. Portuguese Cordoba Caliphate (1050 AD) ..... 14.48 - I12514 - [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]​
% match vs all users
[/FONT]

17498-Iberian Cordoba Caliphate
Carlos-14.62
Mine-59. Iberian Cordoba Caliphate (1050 AD) ..... 14.53 - I7498 - [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]​
% match vs all users

I also get these:
18. Iberian Taifa of Valencia (1100 AD) ..... 10.29 - I2515 [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]97
% match vs all users

Spaniard Cordoba Caliphate (1050 AD) ..... 10.53 - I12515 -

25. Morisco Italo-Iberian Andalusia (1550 AD) ..... 10.85 - I7424 - [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99
% match vs all users

27. Iberian Taifa of Valencia (1120 AD) ..... 11.87 - I2514 [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]96
% match vs all users

29. Early Medieval Iberia Granada (500 AD) ..... 11.99 - I3981 - [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]97
% match vs all users [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

40. Medieval Iberian (670 AD) ..... 12.95 - CL23 - [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]97
% match vs all users

45. Late Roman Iberia Granada (650 AD) ..... 13.51 - I3575 - [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]99
% match vs all users

54. Iberian / Piedmont (670 AD) ..... 14.25 - CL94 - [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]90
% match vs all users

55. Late Roman Iberia Granada (500 AD) ..... 14.39 - I3581 - [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]98
% match vs all users

I propose that Carlos and Duarte be put up for honorary Italian citizenship, and I should be put up for honorary Spanish and Portuguese citizenship. If things had gone differently, marriage might have accomplished it, but this will do. :)

[/FONT]
57. Portuguese Cordoba Caliphate (1050 AD) ..... 14.48 - I12514 - [FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]​

It would be an honor for me to receive the Italian honorary citizenship and it would be an honor for the Portuguese people to grant you the Portuguese honorary citizenship :)

To Ángela

That's done!

I think PT is Portogallo

:unsure: Porto dei Galli :)

Portugal = Port of the Gauls ???

x7PMxE4.jpg

@Salento

The word Portugal derives from the Roman-Celtic place name Portus Cale. Cale or Cailleach was the name of a Celtic deity and the name of an early settlement located at the mouth of the Douro River (present-day Vila Nova de Gaia), which flows into the Atlantic Ocean in the north of what is now Portugal.

Around 200 BC, the Romans took the Iberian Peninsula from the Carthaginians during the Second Punic War, and in the process conquered Cale and renamed it Portus Cale (Port of Cale). During the Middle Ages, the region around Portus Cale became known by the Suebi and Visigoths as Portucale.
The name Portucale evolved into Portugale during the 7th and 8th centuries, and by the 9th century, that term was used extensively to refer to the region between the rivers Douro and Minho, the Minho flowing along what would become the northern Portugal-Spain border. By the 11th and 12th centuries, Portugale was already referred to as Portugal.

History of Portugal - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › History_of_Portuga

@Salento

The word Portugal derives from the Roman-Celtic place name Portus Cale. Cale or Cailleach was the name of a Celtic deity and the name of an early settlement located at the mouth of the Douro River (present-day Vila Nova de Gaia), which flows into the Atlantic Ocean in the north of what is now Portugal.

Around 200 BC, the Romans took the Iberian Peninsula from the Carthaginians during the Second Punic War, and in the process conquered Cale and renamed it Portus Cale (Port of Cale). During the Middle Ages, the region around Portus Cale became known by the Suebi and Visigoths as Portucale.
The name Portucale evolved into Portugale during the 7th and 8th centuries, and by the 9th century, that term was used extensively to refer to the region between the rivers Douro and Minho, the Minho flowing along what would become the northern Portugal-Spain border. By the 11th and 12th centuries, Portugale was already referred to as Portugal.

History of Portugal - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › History_of_Portugal
Gallo in Italian means Gaul, rooster, ...
Portogallo is Portugal

Galles in Italian means Wales

Galli = Gauls
Gallesi = Welsh

Imputation:

I downloaded from DNA.land my “Imputed VCF file (~39M SNPs)“, reformatted with “DNA Kit Studio”, the Results ??? :

(I think I know how they turned Elizabeth Warren into a Native American) :grin:

vzMZohf.jpg

ihq0hJv.jpg

MY0sfYo.jpg

aRAg21E.jpg

9pEZKaI.jpg

Large distances, and Obviously some of the results are unrealistic, I Think :)

... from my Normal raw-data results:
kIVJIcr.jpg

qMQxMnd.png

Here is a PCA I must have missed, that was in the supplement. Now it makes sense as to why I get the samples I do.
A closer look at the PCA. I think samples like 437 and 850, plus Greek/Aegean admixture, largely explains the current position of people from Puglia, and many other southern Italians. They are eastern shifted from the southern Italian-like Iron Age samples.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191124-205323.jpg
    Screenshot_20191124-205323.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 56
New segment. I had missed whit the delusions of greatness. Let's see who this good and humble gentleman is about.

cryptabalbiR105.jpg

mtDNA: T1a

Y-DNA: J-M267

CryptaBalbisegmentos.jpg

Modern Group
1. Spanish_Aragon (5.017)
2. Spanish_Valencia (6.046)
3. Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha (6.695)
4. Spanish_Andalucia (7.904)
5. Southwest_French (8.076)
6. Spanish_Cantabria (8.328)
7. Spanish_Murcia (8.987)
8. Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon (9.225)

Similar Sample
Roman-Carthago Mix Iberia (80 AD) (6.965)
Hispano-Roman-Mehrebi Cordoba Caliphate (950 AD) (7.456)
Imperial Rome Mausoleo Augusto (500 AD) (8.441)
Crusader Knight French / Lebanon (1250 AD) (9.261)
Ostrogoth Mix (495 AD) (9.953)

This sounds like Jackie's revenge

This thread has been viewed 1262578 times.

Back